Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't do anything on command

Comments

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited April 2017
    I tried all of your suggestions. Nothing helped so far. I still say its related to the vampire addon because my problems started when I installed that.

I tried
    - repairing the game
    - resetting settings
    - disabling mods
    - clearing the bit of inventory my sims had (I still dont know what counts as "too much inventory items)
    - playing with 32bit/64bit
    - resetting sims folder

I think that covers it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    I tried all of your suggestions. Nothing helped so far. I still say its related to the vampire addon because my problems started when I installed that.

Did it occur in the new save game also?
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Im not sure what you mean. I have this one game I log into when I start the game which I occasionally back up manually.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Im not sure what you mean. I have this one game I log into when I start the game which I occasionally back up manually.

When you reset the sims 4 folder like I suggested, was the issues still occurring in the new save game before you put back the old folders into the new sims 4 folder?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15692685/#Comment_15692685

If you didn't do that, try starting a fresh new save game, and test to see if the same issues occur in that new save game also.

Also, try moving the whole mods folder to the desktop and then launch the game and see if the issues remain.

This picture shows the button to start a new save game

2017-loading-screen.png

• Options
    I tried
    - repairing the game
    - resetting settings
    - disabling mods
    - clearing the bit of inventory my sims had (I still dont know what counts as "too much inventory items)
    - resetting sims folder

I always continue last game played. Seems the most logical step there. And since everytime the issue is still there, its not related to the above steps. Its definately a problem with the game itself.
  • Options
    I tried
    - repairing the game
    - resetting settings
    - disabling mods
    - resetting sims folder

I always continue last game played. Seems the most logical step there. And since everytime the issue is still there, its not related to the above steps. Its definately a problem with the game itself.

Helllo
    Just to test to see if it may help your issues, instead of only disabling the mods, also try moving the whole mods folder to the desktop and then launch the game and see if the issues remain.

Also, you may have been playing the same save game for a long time, so there could be a lot of relationships formed, and/or the file may have become bloated. This can cause issues, Could you try startiing a new save game just with random sims and see if the issue also occurs in that new save game? You don't need to keep playing it, but it is just for testing to see if the issues are occurring in this new save game also.

• Options
    Way ahead of you :)
    I deleted most relationships of dead people or unwanted relationships for each of the household members. No effect.

And by disabling mods I ment moving mods out of that folder so the game cant find or enable them. Also no effect.
  • Options
    Way ahead of you :)
    I deleted most relationships of dead people or unwanted relationships for each of the household members. No effect.

And by disabling mods I ment moving mods out of that folder so the game cant find or enable them. Also no effect.

I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
  • Options
    I was hoping the latest patch would remotely adress this issue that we have for months now.
  • Options
    lory12345lory12345 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the same problem. I am playing with a family and they just won't do anything anymore. I have tried everything that rosemow said in the thread. At first I thought it worked, but it only worked for like a minute and then went back to not working. I then tried a new game and there everything is working fine. I really wanna keep playing with that other family tho! Is there anything I can do?
  • Options
    lory12345 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I am playing with a family and they just won't do anything anymore. I have tried everything that rosemow said in the thread. At first I thought it worked, but it only worked for like a minute and then went back to not working. I then tried a new game and there everything is working fine. I really wanna keep playing with that other family tho! Is there anything I can do?

Hello @lory12345

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try evicting the family. Then go to manage households and move them back into their home and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    lory12345lory12345 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just moved them and now it's working again! Thank you so much for your quick answer! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    WindsyWhit8WindsyWhit8 Posts: 2 New Member
    So I've done all of the above ideas - I have never had mods or CC. The only thing not mentioned which I find I tend to have issues with is the fact I've had multiple generations - I try to save over the previous save to not create a bunch of saves. But still nothing. After each try listed above- one sim will follow one instruction and then they stop again. Also when my sims are sleeping and I put it on ultra speed - time doesn't pass correctly.

Sorry if I'm still missing something but it's very frustrating!!
  • Options
    So I've done all of the above ideas - I have never had mods or CC. The only thing not mentioned which I find I tend to have issues with is the fact I've had multiple generations - I try to save over the previous save to not create a bunch of saves. But still nothing. After each try listed above- one sim will follow one instruction and then they stop again. Also when my sims are sleeping and I put it on ultra speed - time doesn't pass correctly.

Hello @WindsyWhit8
    Try lowering the graphics settings and see if that may help.
    Check that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

• Options
    WindsyWhit8WindsyWhit8 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-15854512"][quote="WindsyWhit8;c-15854501"]So I've done all of the above ideas - I have never had mods or CC. The only thing not mentioned which I find I tend to have issues with is the fact I've had multiple generations - I try to save over the previous save to not create a bunch of saves. But still nothing. After each try listed above- one sim will follow one instruction and then they stop again. Also when my sims are sleeping and I put it on ultra speed - time doesn't pass correctly.

Sorry if I'm still missing something but it's very frustrating!! [/quote]

Hello @WindsyWhit8

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

[/quote]

Moving out of San Myshuno did the trick! Thank you! I was hoping that wasn't the issue.. but I guess so!
  • Options

Hello @WindsyWhit8

Moving out of San Myshuno did the trick! Thank you! I was hoping that wasn't the issue.. but I guess so!

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    iPhreakiPhreak Posts: 20 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-14355521"]Hello.
    Try removing any mods/cc that you have in your game and see if that helps. There has been many mods that have been conflicting with the game since the patch.

This is a link to a thread that lists some of the broken/updated mods . It may help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863545/broken-updated-mods-dec-15

If the issues remain after doing that, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Delete the slot_00000001.save file. that is in the saves folder.
    Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    [/quote]

Hi, new to the Sims 4 as I prefer Sims 2 as my go to out of all the games. I jumped on board though when the deluxe edition went on sale about a month ago, I've recently had time to play and yes I did ad mods and cc as I do with most of my sims games however now my commands wheel is having issues ... two commands under the romance category just come up as no words but have a rose picture haha aaand also when I tried clicking a few of the social commands to another sim they appear in the que, drop down but then vanish and nothing happens. My game has been having issues though ever since I installed it even prior to adding any cc or mods despite everything I've tried haha

Perhaps It's a sign I should have stayed true with Sims 4 haha. In regards to this social command issue though I started to follow the above steps given along with repairing Sims 4 and disabled origin in-game but when I looked in the saves folder I have no slot_00000001 save file ...is that important? Or can i skip that step?
  • Options
    iPhreak wrote: »
    Hello.
    Try removing any mods/cc that you have in your game and see if that helps. There has been many mods that have been conflicting with the game since the patch.

This is a link to a thread that lists some of the broken/updated mods . It may help you.

If the issues remain after doing that, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Delete the slot_00000001.save file. that is in the saves folder.
    Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Hi, new to the Sims 4 as I prefer Sims 2 as my go to out of all the games. I jumped on board though when the deluxe edition went on sale about a month ago, I've recently had time to play and yes I did ad mods and cc as I do with most of my sims games however now my commands wheel is having issues ... two commands under the romance category just come up as no words but have a rose picture haha aaand also when I tried clicking a few of the social commands to another sim they appear in the que, drop down but then vanish and nothing happens. My game has been having issues though ever since I installed it even prior to adding any cc or mods despite everything I've tried haha

Perhaps It's a sign I should have stayed true with Sims 4 haha. In regards to this social command issue though I started to follow the above steps given along with repairing Sims 4 and disabled origin in-game but when I looked in the saves folder I have no slot_00000001 save file ...is that important? Or can i skip that step?

Hello @iPhreak
    The slot_00000001 save file used to be the autosave file, but now the autosave feature has been removed in a recent patch. You don't now need to have that file.
    It would be best to move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    Hello @iPhreak
    The slot_00000001 save file used to be the autosave file, but now the autosave feature has been removed in a recent patch. You don't now need to have that file.
    It would be best to move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and

[quote="rosemow;c-15924117"][quote="iPhreak;c-15924109"][quote="rosemow;c-14355521"]Hello.

[/quote]

Perhaps It's a sign I should have stayed true with Sims 4 haha. In regards to this social command issue though I started to follow the above steps given along with repairing Sims 4 and disabled origin in-game but when I looked in the saves folder I have no slot_00000001 save file ...is that important? Or can i skip that step?[/quote]

Hello @iPhreak
    It would be best to move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    [/quote]

Hello @rosemow

It seems as though it is effecting the majority of all the romance social commands I haven't seen any issues with the other social command genres so
    I guess I'll just have to give it a go removing the mods and re-adding them one by one/or in batches as you suggested however will this effect the sims wearing any cc? For instance I know you getan error message in-game if you remove cc items the sims are wearing but if we put back the files will they be wearing it or...should I just screen shot their outfits if I have to manually redo every sim I've made .... :/
  • Options

Hello @iPhreak
    It would be best to move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and
    Hello.

Hello @iPhreak

Hello @rosemow

It seems as though it is effecting the majority of all the romance social commands I haven't seen any issues with the other social command genres so
    I guess I'll just have to give it a go removing the mods and re-adding them one by one/or in batches as you suggested however will this effect the sims wearing any cc? For instance I know you getan error message in-game if you remove cc items the sims are wearing but if we put back the files will they be wearing it or...should I just screen shot their outfits if I have to manually redo every sim I've made .... :/

Hello @iPhreak
    When testing without mods/cc in your game, don't save your game when testing. Just keep coming out of the game without saving each time that you add a mod/cc to test /remove. By doing that, the cc will remain on your sims when you have eventually finished testing and put the mods/cc back into the mods folder.
  • Options
    @rosemow I have to go to work now however I'll be sure to post my results if it works once I try. Thank you so much for the help provided so far!
  • Options
    @rosemow I have to go to work now however I'll be sure to post my results if it works once I try. Thank you so much for the help provided so far!

You're welcome :) I hope that your work day goes smoothly .
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you for the kind comment ^^
    I removed my mods folder and placed it in my desktop to check after deleting some problematic cc's
    and have found that the issue must be with a mod or cc I have as when I ran the game and opened the family having the
    issues the issues and glitchy social command wheel was back to normal so now that I have some free time I guess there's no
    way to avoid the inevitable task of slowly replacing cc and mods one by one back into the game.
    I'm actively online right now so once I'm done (hopefully/optimistically within the hour haha) I'll post my results.
    Fingers crossed this is an issue that can be fixed without loosing too much cc I'm fond of :P
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you for the kind comment ^^
    I removed my mods folder and placed it in my desktop to check after deleting some problematic cc's
    and have found that the issue must be with a mod or cc I have as when I ran the game and opened the family having the
    issues the issues and glitchy social command wheel was back to normal so now that I have some free time I guess there's no
    way to avoid the inevitable task of slowly replacing cc and mods one by one back into the game.
    I'm actively online right now so once I'm done (hopefully/optimistically within the hour haha) I'll post my results.
    Fingers crossed this is an issue that can be fixed without loosing too much cc I'm fond of :P

Hello
    I hope that you will be able to soon work out which mods/cc are the cause of your issues.