Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Girl Meets World

KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
Anyone else a fan? My friend got me
into it and now I CAN'T STOP
WATCHING. I'm watching Girl Meets
Texas Part 3 right now and GAH. So many feelings!!

Sorry. Feelsplosion rn. XD

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    It's a pretty good show, though I think like 90% of the reason I like it is nostalgia from when I watched Boy Meets World (which I still watch) when I was growing up. The texas episodes are on now here but I can't watch them :'(.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I watched the firs season but gave up on it, once you get past the nostalgia, I just found the humor really poor and the show tries to hard. The only times I found it enjoyable was when we saw returning characters
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    It's a pretty good show, though I think like 90% of the reason I like it is nostalgia from when I watched Boy Meets World (which I still watch) when I was growing up. The texas episodes are on now here but I can't watch them :'(.

Aww man that sucks. I haven't watched the original show, though I plan to when I'm able to get it. I guess I'd feel kinda wrong if I didn't.
    I watched the firs season but gave up on it, once you get past the nostalgia, I just found the humor really poor and the show tries to hard. The only times I found it enjoyable was when we saw returning characters

While I agree with you, that's kind of what all Disney shows are like. They all try REALLY hard to be whatever they are trying to be. I watch it because I really do like the characters. I don't really know why (there are definitely better, more original characters out there), but I do. But yeah, the humor falls flat sometimes.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Kandy wrote: »
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

Aww man that sucks. I haven't watched the original show, though I plan to when I'm able to get it. I guess I'd feel kinda wrong if I didn't.

While I agree with you, that's kind of what all Disney shows are like. They all try REALLY hard to be whatever they are trying to be. I watch it because I really do like the characters. I don't really know why (there are definitely better, more original characters out there), but I do. But yeah, the humor falls flat sometimes.

True, but it didn't always used to be that way. It's changed ever since I'd say maybe 2006 or 2007, before that they had corny, yes, but genuinely funny and entertaining programming in my eyes. Now it feels like they're trying too hard for a laugh making it feel cringeworthy
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    @pottergoose The thing with Disney comedy today is it's all the same, no matter the show. There's nothing really unique about it.
  • Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    YES..
    I am undead! :smiley: