Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonomy Bugged Since Last Patch?

MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
Has anyone else noticed their autonomy being buggy since the latest patch? I can no longer auto-fill the need for energy (I used to be able to click on the zZ & they'd go to their bed) & my sims also seem to stand in one place unless directed to do something a lot of the time (but not always). & yes I am 100% sure my autonomy is on full (except for selected sim).

Anyone else?
My Simblr: WaffleKone
Post edited by MandysAMess on

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Yes, I am having issues with this. Also, my sims are dropping plates on the floor on the way to the dishwasher since the patch.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I guess the problem with the auto-fill sleep bar could come from the new "clainm bed"-interaction. I haven't had problems with my autonomy, though.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited October 2015
    When I ask my sims to collect the dishes, they have been leaving them on an end table or floor randomly instead of taking them to the dishwasher or sink. I haven't had them standing doing nothing (yet), but I will see items like drinks suddenly disappear out of their hands and end up on the floor. I think something may be a little off.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    I'm also noticing that I'm having to reintroduce my sim to neighbors she has already met. o.O
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues! It seems like the bugs are kinda all over the place though :/
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm also noticing that I'm having to reintroduce my sim to neighbors she has already met. o.O

Yikes... to the bug mobile Robin! ::drives to the bug thread::

Edit: Oh I forgot, we don't have cars yet... uh... ::meditates to the bug thread:: LOL
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    It's been acting a bit funny. I can auto-fill energy with no problem, though the fun icon seems to be unresponsive. They used to always find something to do before, but now they'll just stand there doing nothing from time to time.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited October 2015
    Glad someone else is having this autonomy issue! My sims have been standing around so much more since the last patch. I was thinking it was a mod but I wonder if it is the patch. Please gurus fix this issue because it is driving me crazy!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues! It seems like the bugs are kinda all over the place though :/

It's because every time they add something to the game, they don't have their bug team do a proper check.

Every single time there's a patch there is something wrong with it and we wait until next patch for it to be fixed and then we get a new issue. (hot tubs not giving fun, dishwashers being ignored, harvestables turning demon black, Newcrest neighborhood being backwards, etc.)

It's getting really annoying.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    IbeanobswifeIbeanobswife Posts: 166 Member
    Yes, there is a thread for a fix in the bugs section. I had to move my family out of their house, save the house to my library, bulldoze the lot and place my saved house back on the lot. There are step by step directions in the bugs section.
  • Options

It's because every time they add something to the game, they don't have their bug team do a proper check.

Every single time there's a patch there is something wrong with it and we wait until next patch for it to be fixed and then we get a new issue. (hot tubs not giving fun, dishwashers being ignored, harvestables turning demon black, Newcrest neighborhood being backwards, etc.)

It's a sims game! That's like asking for an Elder Scrolls game to be bug free. ;) As long as I can work around it, I'm ok. I don't mind rotating the Newcrest houses manually if it means they'll tweak culling so I stop losing genealogy. What I hate to see is something tiny that I can work around being fixed, and the things I CAN'T work around (like culling) remaining unaltered.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Mightydan wrote: »
    It's been acting a bit funny. I can auto-fill energy with no problem, though the fun icon seems to be unresponsive. They used to always find something to do before, but now they'll just stand there doing nothing from time to time.

Yes! My fun is bugged as well :(
    Yes, there is a thread for a fix in the bugs section. I had to move my family out of their house, save the house to my library, bulldoze the lot and place my saved house back on the lot. There are step by step directions in the bugs section.

Thanks, I'll check it out & try!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

It's a sims game! That's like asking for an Elder Scrolls game to be bug free. ;) As long as I can work around it, I'm ok. I don't mind rotating the Newcrest houses manually if it means they'll tweak culling so I stop losing genealogy. What I hate to see is something tiny that I can work around being fixed, and the things I CAN'T work around (like culling) remaining unaltered.

Well, if they can't even figure out how to fix the minor things, you think they can fix the major things? A year later and there's still culling...yeah...I think that "feature" is beyond their capabilities.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I didn't notice. I will have to check but I am sure my sim autonomously went to fill his fun. He was on a run for the observatory to fill it.
  • Options
    Can we not turn every single thread into a bashing thread.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member

I've had the autonomy problem since this last patch as well. This isn't bashing. The facts are that, every time there is a patch to fix prior bugs, it creates new problems for many simmers. This is simply bad coding and it's very frustrating so it's completely understandable to hear players complaining about it.

If you bought a new car and you kept having to take it back to the dealer for certain issues - but each "fix" caused new problems, wouldn't you be complaining to someone? Since EA doesn't address these problems on the forums, we have to discuss these complaints amongst ourselves.

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I've played with several families after last patch. In one family a ghost is having autonomy problems, in another family it's the father and teen daughter. (I'm too lazy to do the fix and just keep finding new families to play and get infected...)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    snurfles wrote: »

I've had the autonomy problem since this last patch as well. This isn't bashing. The facts are that, every time there is a patch to fix prior bugs, it creates new problems for many simmers. This is simply bad coding and it's very frustrating so it's completely understandable to hear players complaining about it.

If you bought a new car and you kept having to take it back to the dealer for certain issues - but each "fix" caused new problems, wouldn't you be complaining to someone? Since EA doesn't address these problems on the forums, we have to discuss these complaints amongst ourselves.

I don't believe she was referencing anything you said Snurfles, or anyone else reporting an issue. I think her comment was in regard to this conversation below, not anything regarding autonomy and the issues that we are experiencing with it. On the thread topic (which you are referencing), she agreed. The conversation below, though, sort of degraded into negativity instead of a compilation of issues that needed to be addressed.

Mstybl95 wrote: »

Well, if they can't even figure out how to fix the minor things, you think they can fix the major things? A year later and there's still culling...yeah...I think that "feature" is beyond their capabilities.

• Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    I have been getting the zombie sims that just stand around doing nothing. My sims have also started needing sleep way more than usual.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Ah, thanks for doing this thread. I've been having the issue off and on. Autofill sleep will work one click, not the next. I have that mod that makes all the beds give the same energy restore, and I don't have the Claim Bed option. No doubt the mod needs updating. I'll have to check to see if that's been done.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Ah, thanks for doing this thread. I've been having the issue off and on. Autofill sleep will work one click, not the next. I have that mod that makes all the beds give the same energy restore, and I don't have the Claim Bed option. No doubt the mod needs updating. I'll have to check to see if that's been done.

Hello @Livin in Sim
    Other simmers have posted that the mod has prevented them from having the claim bed option. It would be good to remove the mod.
    There is an updated version of the mod here
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=561937
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Livin in Sim
    Other simmers have posted that the mod has prevented them from having the claim bed option. It would be good to remove the mod.
    There is an updated version of the mod here
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=561937

Hello, there, thanks for the response, and the link. Sounds like the problem has been fixed so beds can be claimed. I'll slip this right in and yank the old one.
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    My previously played households aren't using autonomy since the patch; they just stand around and wait for direction, but new households take it upon themselves to do things. So in my game, at least, it's only affecting existing households.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    This link refers to the free will and auto solve issues. Try doing the suggestion in this link and see if that helps.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/09/free-willauto-solve-doesnt-work/

Thank you Rose; that may work, but it's also a lot of work for the player. I just wish Maxis would give us bug free patches....

I don't have a problem with a bug here or there, but when every patch breaks something, then that's a major problem imo.
    thnom_nom.gif