Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 on Windows 10 [Already Running] **SOLUTION**

itsmefreakitsmefreak Posts: 2 New Member
edited August 2015 in PC - Technical Discussions
If you have already updated your Windows to Windows 10, you might have been experiencing a problem regarding the start-up of TS4. Ive been trying this quite some time and here is the step by step solution to make it run without deleting and configuring folders and settings everywhere.

STEP 1: Find "Sims 4" on your application folder.
STEP 2: Click Right-click and select "Run as Administrator"

And that's it.
Oh.
STEP 3: ENJOY PLAYING!!

NOTE: If its still dont run, on Desktop click Right-click and select your control panel for Graphic Settings, and under Game mode or Maintenance search under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Sims 4\Game\Bin\" the filename TS4.exe then do STEP 1 to STEP 3 above.

If this post helped you, dont forget to click LIKE! Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    itsmefreak wrote: »
    If you have already updated your Windows to Windows 10, you might have been experiencing a problem regarding the start-up of TS4. Ive been trying this quite some time and here is the step by step solution to make it run without deleting and configuring folders and settings everywhere.

And that's it.
    Oh.

NOTE: If its still dont run, on Desktop click Right-click and select your control panel for Graphic Settings, and under Game mode or Maintenance search under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Sims 4\Game\Bin\" the filename TS4.exe then do STEP 1 to STEP 3 above.

So far for me no problem loading Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I have a video showing The Sims 4 working on Windows 10. The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 are also featured.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXx59QQoLA
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    KalowKalow Posts: 11 New Member
    this didn't work for me. still having already running error
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    itsmefreak wrote: »

And that's it.
    Oh.

So far for me no problem loading Sims 4.
    Same here, Everything works as it should.
    Love windows 10 so far.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Kalow wrote: »

Hello @Kalow.

Try repairing the game.

I will post here some other things that have helped other simmers.
    I finally got it to run! For some reason, Origin keeps downloading the Sims 4 soundtrack files. If I clear the task from Origin, The Sims 4 will run. However, it keeps doing this every time I start Origin. That must be why I get the message that The Sims 4 is running.
    Hi all the only way to fix this problem is remove i s doing the following:

Step 1 go to control panel in windows 10 then go to user accounts click on user accounts/ click on user accounts control settings and bring down the control bar all the way to never notify

Step 2 then go to documents/electronic arts.
    Right click on the sims 4 directory select properties unselect read only then go to sharing select share make sure your computer name is owner select it then click share then

step 3 in the the sims properties from step 2 go to securities make sure your computer name has full control see bottom of screen after selecting if permissions are not full then press edit change to full control then click apply then close this should fix your problem
    Got it to go- through compatibility mode. I had tried running it as an admin through the launcher and that didn't do it, but through the compatibility mode troubleshooter I said it needed permissions, and it ran it as an admin through the exe in the origin games folder, and that got it going. Not exactly convenient, but works for now. Thanks for the help!
    [/quote]

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Kalow wrote: »

sorry to hear kalow there are more then one option for compatibility mode http://www.howtogeek.com/219782/is-windows-10-backwards-compatible-with-your-existing-software/

also its possible outdated drivers are the issue you may want to troubleshoot drivers in general
  • Options
    itsmefreakitsmefreak Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Kalow said:
    > this didn't work for me. still having already running error

Whats your graphic card? Let me know if I can help you with that.
  • Options
    kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Step 1 go to control panel in windows 10 then go to user accounts click on user accounts/ click on user accounts control settings and bring down the control bar all the way to never notify

Right click on the sims 4 directory select properties unselect read only then go to sharing select share make sure your computer name is owner select it then click share then

step 3 in the the sims properties from step 2 go to securities make sure your computer name has full control see bottom of screen after selecting if permissions are not full then press edit change to full control then click apply then close this should fix your problem

This worked for me. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    kensgirl73 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »

This worked for me. Thanks.

I am glad that it helped :)
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Does anyone know if Sims 2 on disc works on Windows 10?
  • Options
    dogdancer wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Sims 2 on disc works on Windows 10?

Hello @dogdancer.
    I have seen simmers that have been able to play sims 2 on Windows 10. They were playing the Ulimate Collection, so I think the disc version should be able to be played as well.
  • Options
    @rosemow. I sure hope it works on the TS2 discs. If it doesn't I guess I'll be keeping my Windows 7 OS.
  • Options
    KalowKalow Posts: 11 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Kalow wrote: »
    >
    > this didn't work for me. still having already running error
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello Kalow.
    >
    > Try repairing the game.
    >
    > I will post here some other things that have helped other simmers.
    > I finally got it to run! For some reason, Origin keeps downloading the Sims 4 soundtrack files. If I clear the task from Origin, The Sims 4 will run. However, it keeps doing this every time I start Origin. That must be why I get the message that The Sims 4 is running.
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi all the only way to fix this problem is remove i s doing the following:
    >
    > Step 1 go to control panel in windows 10 then go to user accounts click on user accounts/ click on user accounts control settings and bring down the control bar all the way to never notify
    >
    > Step 2 then go to documents/electronic arts.
    > Right click on the sims 4 directory select properties unselect read only then go to sharing select share make sure your computer name is owner select it then click share then
    >
    > step 3 in the the sims properties from step 2 go to securities make sure your computer name has full control see bottom of screen after selecting if permissions are not full then press edit change to full control then click apply then close this should fix your problem
    >
    >
    >
    > Got it to go- through compatibility mode. I had tried running it as an admin through the launcher and that didn't do it, but through the compatibility mode troubleshooter I said it needed permissions, and it ran it as an admin through the exe in the origin games folder, and that got it going. Not exactly convenient, but works for now. Thanks for the help!
    >
    >
    >
    > [/quote]

thanks for the reply. I ended up refreshing the laptop and upgating to windows 10 again. i was having permission issues and that is what was causing the Sims4 problems i listed here. NOW, I'm going to have to start a threat for "unable to activate." every weekend it's something. still can't enjoy my sims :-(
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    for me sims4 works as well top notch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Since, installing Sims 2 on my Windows 10 PC, I've noticed that when you install the game it will ask if you want to run it in compatibility mode and when you say yes it will do it without any other actions on my part. Pretty cool.
  • Options
    dogdancer wrote: »
    Since, installing Sims 2 on my Windows 10 PC, I've noticed that when you install the game it will ask if you want to run it in compatibility mode and when you say yes it will do it without any other actions on my part. Pretty cool.

Hello @dogdancer . It was great that you were able to set up running the game in comparability mode when installing sims 2 onto your windows 10 computer. It helped to save you from any issues that you may have had with playing the game later on.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have not updated my new pc to windows 10 yet - my hubby has insisted we wait - he's a pc tech and like that - but just want to remind every one don't forget Sims 2 and Sims 3 require the .net frameworks - so make sure they are in your Windows 10 and turned on if need be. Also there are several Adobe plug ins needed for Sims 2 and Sims 3 - again not sure about Sims 4 - But Adobe Air, Flashplayer are required - so make sure those are in the pc and updated for Windows 10.

I know when ever I encounted most run time errors it was either one of the frameworks missing or the adobe air and adobe flashplayer for Sims 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....