Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 worlds are much better than in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Sims 3 graphics are far superior in my eyes and therefore more beautiful. I Simply love the richness of color and the art style. I look at screenshots of sims 3 and think the sims are terrible looking without cc and also the graphics look rough. I just dont like the art style of sims 3. Sims 2 and sims 4 has the best art style for this game, imo.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2017
    If EA had released a lot more "worlds" (neighborhoods, really) for Sims 4 to date than they have, Sims 4 could have really shone. Players then could choose between imagining a city linked between neighborhoods (the city where I live (Seattle) has several neighborhoods - and that is just within city limits, not counting the surrounding suburbs, and New York City is similar with its boroughs), and imagining small towns. Instead, as is, everything is very small town in Sims 4, even San Myshuno, which should have been the largest one, regardless of including 3-4 apartments per lot. I am a fan of Sims 4, but even I have to admit the way they did the elevators was lame. If they HAD to use teleportation instead of a functional elevator build-mode object, they could have at least waited until the Sim got into the elevator, the Sim turned around to face the doors, and the doors shut to teleport the Sim out, instead of breaking the game immersion with a Sim that disappears while walking towards the elevator. Also, since they are using loading screens again, they should integrate things they did with Sims 1 and Sims 3 with the loading screens: Sims 1 showed the means of transportation being used to go to the next area, even through an animated simple drawing. Sims 3 at least had a hidden object game the player could play while the game was loading on startup or between sub-neighborhoods or worlds.

In my view, the biggest problem with Sims 4 worlds is there are simply not enough of them to make up for the lack of building space within each one. If they are going to have fewer lots per world, they should release far more of them. Even empty worlds (like Newcrest) are far better than nothing. Besides, my Newcrest in most of my saves is now full of restaurants, spas, bowling alleys, dance clubs, and retail spots, plus maybe a small campground park and a few mansions. To actually put the premade alley in Oasis Springs without removing a residence I built myself and populated with my custom Sims, I actually had to start a fresh new empty game save. The biggest problem with this is that when I play the pre-made Sims, I have to do the same things all over again if I want them to achieve the same goals.

Sims 3 worlds on the other hand, had the disadvantage of requiring more of the computer and graphics system when all EA content was installed, and it took too much Sim time to get from one place to another, compared to Sims 4, where transportation is almost instant from the Sim's perspective. Also, the inability to travel temporarily between worlds is a disadvantage of Sims 3.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2017
    TJKazuha09 wrote: »
    If they are less buggy than sims 4, sure. I agree.
    But apparently, sims 3 world is so buggy and they can't be fixed.

Actually yes, Sims 3 worlds can be fixed and have been over the years by several people. I have all the Sims 3 worlds in my game and have EllaCharmed fixes for all the worlds that she's released on her blog. Especially her Isla Paradiso. It had to do with routing issues that she identified and fixed which if you know how to in World Editor is easy if not time consuming.

Sorry, I'm late to the party. But wanted to point this out. :)

Also the reason Sims 4 worlds aren't large is because of the original premise that Sims 4 was to be an online game with multiple people playing and having multiple computers connecting to the "servers". Same reason why there aren't the terrain tools and the color wheel. You have to have someone's computer filtering and adjusting and trying to take all these "changes" from the base world in and have it keep track of the multiple variables. Most peoples computers can't handle it.

And yes, I play Sims 2, 3 and 4. Can't get Sims 1 to work on my current computer. :(
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I don't care for how the worlds in sims4 look. Sims3 was so much more beautiful. I want that look back, if they must do loading screens I could live with that if I didn't have to have that horrible fake looking world.

I totally disagree. I think the sims 4 art style is more suitable for the type of game that the sims is and I think it's more inspiring and colorful. Not drab like sims 3, also the graphics are much better. But I simply prefer the sims 4, so that is my opinion.

Everyone has their own personal preference. The screen shots in 4 are prettier than 3, but the IMO the 3 worlds were prettier. My favorite world in 3 was Beach City, not an EA world. I think it blew away anything in 4.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don't care for how the worlds in sims4 look. Sims3 was so much more beautiful. I want that look back, if they must do loading screens I could live with that if I didn't have to have that horrible fake looking world.

I totally disagree. I think the sims 4 art style is more suitable for the type of game that the sims is and I think it's more inspiring and colorful. Not drab like sims 3, also the graphics are much better. But I simply prefer the sims 4, so that is my opinion.

Everyone has their own personal preference. The screen shots in 4 are prettier than 3, but the IMO the 3 worlds were prettier. My favorite world in 3 was Beach City, not an EA world. I think it blew away anything in 4.
    What screenshots are you referring to?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Very much agree lol
    Sims 3 is way ahead of 2 and 4 in world customization, realism, and the fact that you can go anywhere in the map is a huge plus for me.
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2017
    I like both Sims 3 and Sims 4 worlds, but I do feel Sims 3 had more details and effort put into those worlds. They are more realistic and much more bigger, giving that freedom feel.

So, yes, Sims 3 is still a winner for me in that aspect.

However.... While Sims 3 wins for beautiful, big worlds, and I hope Sims 5 or whatever has similar aesthetics (though with Sims 2 Sims CC-styled), I am also hoping for the worlds to work for me and have bustling towns with lively Sims and details and open working restaurants and functioning fun home businesses, etc.

(Meh, I tried, but Sims 3 gameplay is still not doing anything for me. I can never play for too long. I don't care about beautiful aesthetics if I can't find myself wanting to play with the actual game.

Hopefully, Sims 5 will be able to cater to Sims 2 players like me as well as Sims 3 players. I feel like I am still missing things from sims 1 and 2 to this day. I miss the charming and emotional sims 1 and 2 sims.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2017
    I remember when I had a break from ts3 because I was busy playing ts4, I went back to it after only a few months but had already forgotten just how breathtaking it is.

I dived in to a world and was editing some Lots to set my entire world up and I was just... like... 'wow, that is gorgeous' ... and 'wow, look at that!' ... I spent ages just flitting around the world to look at the scenery and creations. Not only was the world incredible, but the Lots were too. I'm not talking about standard base game Lots but things like the Brunch At The Old Mill venue and Grandpas Grove (though, IMO, the rabbitholes are gorgeous too, I would much rather see them decorating my hood and watch my sim going in and out of them than disappearing into thin air).

As the game progressed on and more content was added, the worlds went from awesome to stunning and incredible <3 You should see my Riverview! And that is another point... it is MY Riverview, different to everyone else's Riverview because I can do what I want with it.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh, I LOVE what many creative creators have done with the creative tools in Sims 3!! (I also loved the looks of the Sims 3 store worlds and items and venues, etc.)

Actually, I was outright stunned when I heard early announcements that custom-design things like World Editing was taken out of (or just not considered putting into) the Sims 4 game, especially after Sims 3 has shown a great variety of editing tools which created many possibilities and so much potential...
    (She/her)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited June 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

What screenshots are you referring to?

When you take screen shots, also when you take picture with the camera. 06-06-17_2-25-54nbspPM.png
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Bigger does not mean better.
    1- Sims 3 worlds needed more time for the objects to render even though the game was fully loaded.
    2- The worlds had mostly rabbit holes
    3- Most venues in Sims 3 were empty

although TS4 worlds are smaller but does not have any of the above problems of TS3 worlds

No kidding, many times in Sims 3 it felt so lonely for the worlds to be so big. lol In Sims 4 their smaller, but at least now thanks to groups your friends are only a click away.
  • Options
    ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    It comes down to your preference. The Sims 3 had its perks and weaknesses and so does the Sims 4. It comes down to the type of player you are, rather than the quality of the game.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think thats just personal preference. All have some perks.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Bigger does not mean better.
    1- Sims 3 worlds needed more time for the objects to render even though the game was fully loaded.
    2- The worlds had mostly rabbit holes
    3- Most venues in Sims 3 were empty

although TS4 worlds are smaller but does not have any of the above problems of TS3 worlds

No kidding, many times in Sims 3 it felt so lonely for the worlds to be so big. lol In Sims 4 their smaller, but at least now thanks to groups your friends are only a click away.

Lonely you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usWwnCmzn9w

They probably meant they had empty/sparse hangouts and community lots/venues.

I know I had pretty sparse hangouts in my own Sims 3 game.

It got to the point where I even literally broke down and cried about it! :neutral:

I eventually had to get a mod that pushes (FORCES) other sims to come to the community lots, like my bakery, clubs, hotels, etc.

(I shouldn't have to be forced to use a mod for something like that, when I didn't need such in the older games. I'm still angry about needing mods. It breaks my immersion whenever I need to use the mod and artificially bring Sims to my lots.)

It really depends on one's experiences with their game and maybe computer power.

So, yes, for some of us, Sims 3 was "lonely" in some areas. (For me, I got more populated community lots in Sims 1, for goodness sake, lol.)

You obviously did not experience that "lonely" or "empty" feeling, but some of us other simmers did.

That's why the simming community is diverse; we all have different experiences with our copies of the games, and our own playstyles...

I'm glad that your Sims 3 game works so well for you and that it suits your own playstyle, but it is not the game for every simmer and not every simmer will have the same experiences with said game. (Same goes for Sims 4.)

ETA: So, yeah, if Sims 5 or any future sims game ever brings back the Open World, they better program and route the worlds so all of us simmers can have lively worlds with populated hangouts. :neutral:

It angers me that my non-Sims games have more NPC populations than my own Sims 3 game. I'm still bitter about some parts of the game, even if I do love other parts of it, lol.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I just hope it would work better on a better computer. My computer was pretty good a few years ago when I tried playing it, and I still needed mods to keep lots somewhat populated.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think it all comes down to artstyle preferences, and gameplay preferences.

I can see why some simmers would prefer Sims 4 worlds, as why others prefer Sims 3 worlds.

Both sides have their opinions and preferences, and neither side is wrong, and concerns shouldn't be dismissed.

We'll have to see what EA does to satisfy both audiences.

Well, that's IF they do plan to satisfy both, anyway.

Guess we'll see. *shrugs*

I am personally still waiting for another sims game like sims 2.

Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I just hope it would work better on a better computer. My computer was pretty good a few years ago when I tried playing it, and I still needed mods to keep lots somewhat populated.
    It's just that I notice a difference ever since I bought a new pc. I already was content myself, counting about five to seven sims (I presume this also differs per player, I don't need a crowd), but on my new computer I count about ten sims at community lots now. That's why I figured it matters what kind of computer you play the game on. I also like that it's sometimes less. There is a variety in the number of sims showing up. Which averts the 'opening a can of bit-players' feeling (for me).

Truman%20Show_zpskrvgmspq.gif

(to clarify, I'm not trying to talk you into my point of view, I understand why it doesn't work for you, just explaining it ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited June 2017
    The main difference to me between Sims 3 worlds and Sims 4 worlds (and the reason I became disgruntled with their decision to do that in S4) is that S3 world's ARE worlds, that you can explore on foot on a bike or on a horse, but S4 worlds are mere point and click worlds, the lots could easily just be squares icons in a row that you click on to go to. I was hoping that S4 was going to give me a more advanced open world that was going to make me throw S3 into the bin...
  • Options
    lovingreds001lovingreds001 Posts: 19 Member
    Ahhh… the great Maxis Over lords giveth and taketh away… Ha! :smiley:

While I miss open worlds of the sims 3, I don’t miss the game halting lag it required to run a whole town. I do think a middle ground could have been found, where you could visit the immediate buildings or at least your neighbors in your street! A loading screen just to ask for a cup of sugar?

Just so irritating.

I think this is why I love playing City life, at least there is a bit more freedom with the pop up festivals, right outside the apartments.
  • Options
    KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    Behonest you just hate the loading screen and lack of lots
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top