Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims + GTA made a baby: IdentitiyRPG

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited June 2015
    Astro wrote: »
    I have an xbox, so games like GTAV and skyrim would be on there. So I probably wouldn't be doing many upgrades. ;)

Glorious PC Master Race for life. Come join us @Astro. Join us.
    8X7uPPd.png

Sorry... I had too.

I do own a PlayStation 4, but that is for PS4 exclusives. A PlayStation 4 is equivalent to a... I believe a medium-end AMD PC.

EDIT: I am really a Owns-It-All master race (Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, and PC). Haven't used my Xbox or Wii in a while though... :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Kattycake wrote: »
    @Scobre I totally agree. If the Sims 4 was online it would be cool. But the Sims 4 didn't even implement COFFEE SHOPS or or restaurants until the EP? (Or I guess bakery whatever) Plus an open world that is ONE HOUR to walk across (20 minutes to drive across). Beach, ski resort. Etc.

So yeah major competition. Yeah the developers are a small team but they post on twitter each week and will have developmental twitch streams...but next YEAR. T_T
    LOL if it had been online I won't have touched the Sims 4 with a ten foot pole. If I'm going to play an MMORPG, the Sims wouldn't be my gaming preference. I don't like online dating sites. Plus I heard the Sims Online was nothing more than a skilling game. I'd love to have open venue coffee shops and restaurants again. They were wonderful in the Sims 2. It depends on the world. Like I can lost for hours in the beauty of just exploring Lineage 2 or Guild Wars 2. The world in Identity does look neat and not too bothersome.

Yeah Identity and No Man's Sky are a couple games I'm be interested hearing about. I won't play Identity since same reasons I didn't play the Sims Online but I would love to see the technology advancements it will take that will make the Sims step up to the plate a bit. Small teams sometimes make great things as shown when Cities Skylines took over the SimCity market.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have an xbox, so games like GTAV and skyrim would be on there. So I probably wouldn't be doing many upgrades. ;)

Glorious PC Master Race for life. Come join us @Astro. Join us.
    8X7uPPd.png

Sorry... I had too.

I do own a PlayStation 4, but that is for PS4 exclusives. A PlayStation 4 is equivalent to a... I believe a medium-end AMD PC.

EDIT: I am really a Owns-It-All master race (Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, and PC). Haven't used my Xbox or Wii in a while though... :#
    Favim.com-36472.jpg
    You hurt my feelings...

Jk, :trollface:
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Favim.com-36472.jpg
    You hurt my feelings...

Lord GabeN will feast on your tears! >:)
    de8c1f8267e310a33679f07df99a5152.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    The Sims will never look like this b/c that would require time, effort, and money but hey that's just my opinion.

And I'll bet it's 'too hard' to do.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Favim.com-36472.jpg
    You hurt my feelings...

Lord GabeN will feast on your tears! >:)
    de8c1f8267e310a33679f07df99a5152.gif
    :D
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    identitiy rpg? I can't believe just the other day I read about it and now it's on the forum. :OOO
    Though imo they should really change that cover pic on the Kickstarter page. Looks like another survival game. :O
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    The Sims will never look like this b/c that would require time, effort, and money but hey that's just my opinion.

I think they'll say its because "players like that cartoony look. This is too realistic for our sims players"
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Chester built coltons computer

With a couple tweaks from me. :p
    Give credit where credit is due colton.. I have spent months on PM with you ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member

I think they'll say its because "players like that cartoony look. This is too realistic for our sims players"
    RemySims wrote: »
    I just watch the trailer and definitely not for me. I can't play 1st person games at all, I get awful motion sickness. Also, I'm not a big fan of MMORPG's, playing with other people isn't my thing. Definitely nothing like The Sims. Sounds more like Second Life & GTA had a baby.

This. I don't play MMORPG's nor do I like realistic style of graphics. I like the way 4 looks, and will not be playing this game. I also have to agree that it isn't anything like a Sims game.

At this pace, the Sims will probs not have realistic graphics because it is not in their vision or what they are going for. :/

@RemySims @MandysAMess

I agree then don't play MMOs if it is not for you. I also feel like it is like the Sims because although it is a role-playing game,
    you have needs, jobs, and freedom to do whatever. Compared to Identity the Sims 4 is actually kind of constricted.
    There are hospitals and small shops but not restaurants or open world.

TBH its more like the SIms Freeplay without building or family play. You can't have kids and building is limited, but like i said "GTA" influence is there too. So, no, it is not 100% the sims and I've said that before.
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    This game looks amazing. Too bad for me that's it's not single player. I don't do on line. Why can't someone design a game that's a cross between this and The Sims for on the computer for solitary gamers?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    I think online/MMO is great. But I do agree there should be a solo option. Paradox Interactive is making a life-sim to compete with.
    Info will be released for that single player game 2016. @PHOEBESMOM601
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I think online/MMO is great. But I do agree there should be a solo option. Paradox Interactive is making a life-sim to compete with.

The last thing I heard about them is that they had no plans for a life simulation. When did they do an about face?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Don't know how I feel about it. The only bonus seems to be miraculous graphics. I never wanted sims to take this route mainly because this is never what the game was suppose to be. Though I am curious it doesn't seem to have anything i'm really interested in or anything really new.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Yeah this will never be able to compete with sims 4. Not only would sims 4 be easier to run it has alot more features than this as well as a huge backing. This game is also run by a small developer and is online and if my memory serves me correct simmers hate that (pre sims 4 release online scare). Though this game will have it's fans it won't topple sims over anytime soon.
  • Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Yeah this will never be able to compete with sims 4. Not only would sims 4 be easier to run it has alot more features than this as well as a huge backing. This game is also run by a small developer and is online and if my memory serves me correct simmers hate that (pre sims 4 release online scare). Though this game will have it's fans it won't topple sims over anytime soon.

Yeah its a small team so not as many fans. But its the content and graphics that make the game. Gameplay, locations, you can use computers, phones, drive, etc. Its the features and freedom of play.

The last thing I heard about them is that they had no plans for a life simulation. When did they do an about face?

@PHOEBESMOM601 Here: http://www.pcinvasion.com/paradox-to-release-life-sim-and-take-on-the-sims-next-year

Next year :) more info.
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2015
    lovejess2 wrote: »

Yeah its a small team so not as many fans. But its the content and graphics that make the game. Gameplay, locations, you can use computers, phones, drive, etc. Its the features and freedom of play.

@PHOEBESMOM601 Here: http://www.pcinvasion.com/paradox-to-release-life-sim-and-take-on-the-sims-next-year

Next year :) more info.

I thought that info had been debunked. As far as I recall, that's the reason why Paradox Interactive had to confirm that they had no plan for a life simulation. :-? https://mobile.twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/578961310513254400
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/821662/paradox-has-no-plans-on-releasing-a-sim-game-confirmed
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    This looks so cool I backed it. And I'm VERY picky about where I spend my money.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    MMO's are not for me :(

But otherwise it looks great. I hope Paradox make an awesome job if they do go ahead with something simmish.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited June 2015
    Wait....a first person life Sim. MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE! Can you get married and have kids though?

Edit: Found out it's online and some other cons, but I'll still be following this game.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    What annoys me, is that the Sims team had WAY more resources and gave us Sims 4 (ugh) and a smaller company produce THIS. No more excuses, EA!
  • Options
    PurpleKenzie19PurpleKenzie19 Posts: 79 Member
    > @JessicaSimston said:
    > What annoys me, is that the Sims team had WAY more resources and gave us Sims 4 (ugh) and a smaller company produce THIS. No more excuses, EA!

Excuse my not member stuff, but so true. The game looks better graphically, and I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks for a game that might actually be complete.
    large-4.gif
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    What annoys me, is that the Sims team had WAY more resources and gave us Sims 4 (ugh) and a smaller company produce THIS. No more excuses, EA!

I think EA did, but not the Sims team :(
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    > @JessicaSimston said:
    > What annoys me, is that the Sims team had WAY more resources and gave us Sims 4 (ugh) and a smaller company produce THIS. No more excuses, EA!

Excuse my not member stuff, but so true. The game looks better graphically, and I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks for a game that might actually be complete.

Same.
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    You can't have kids :( but can get married though
    dsxTOuZ.jpg