Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Hi! So I am kinda new to writing simlit, not reading it for sure. I joined a reading circle that has been awesome so far and from that found the pen pal project. I submitted sims that are - well - complicated :/ and don't necessarily fit with some of the sims that are available for pen pals. However, if anyone here is interested in being a pen pal for my more complicated sims I have submitted three profiles found here.

They are from my story based on the Escape to Nowhere Challenge.

Let me know if you are interested! :)

I read the prologue and first chapter of your story, by the way! I love it! Your Sims and screenshots look so good, and I really like the writing, the challenge, and the way you've laid out the chapter-per-day! I'm planning to read it relatively slowly, like two chapters per day, so I can really enjoy it!

Do you have a thread for your story here?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    these are shots that have nothing to do with my story

I love those shots, @MadameLee ! I sort of made up a story to go with them! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Hi! So I am kinda new to writing simlit, not reading it for sure. I joined a reading circle that has been awesome so far and from that found the pen pal project. I submitted sims that are - well - complicated :/ and don't necessarily fit with some of the sims that are available for pen pals. However, if anyone here is interested in being a pen pal for my more complicated sims I have submitted three profiles found here.

They are from my story based on the Escape to Nowhere Challenge.

Let me know if you are interested! :)

I read the prologue and first chapter of your story, by the way! I love it! Your Sims and screenshots look so good, and I really like the writing, the challenge, and the way you've laid out the chapter-per-day! I'm planning to read it relatively slowly, like two chapters per day, so I can really enjoy it!

Do you have a thread for your story here?

I did create a thread for my story in the forums. You can find it here.

• Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Thank you both for the birthday wishes, @CitizenErased14 and @eXokamikaze ! :blush:
    As far as yesterday, took some pics for new chapter, and played some time with the new vampires game pack...it's very good!in my opinion.
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I finally caved and started a new thing, it's Build Newcrest inspired but I probably won't be following all the rules in favor of the story. It's mostly gameplay-driven, but there will be some plot going on (I hope).
    I made a separate blog for it, it's not done yet but I posted the first chapter.
    https://projectrabenbrunn.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Harold and Hillary have a moment. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/juliana-chapter-58-progress/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy Timezones :blush:

Today I come bearing "Part Two" of yesterday's A2A chapter :smiley:

Interlude: Chance (Part Two)
    Y3CrOTk.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    @SimmerSteffie I just hope I can keep up with the conversations here! XD It moves so fast compared to the rest of the board it's crazy. lol
  • Options
    @SimmerSteffie I just hope I can keep up with the conversations here! XD It moves so fast compared to the rest of the board it's crazy. lol

Hiya ! :D just jump in where you're at, rather than trying to keep up or catch up. Sometimes , it can be fun to toss out a conversation starter, too !

• Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member

That's how I feel lol!

I once logged in and had 75 notifications, all from this thread.
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @UniquePuggle i actually turned off thread notifications and only have a notification when someone "at" mentions me. It got to be far too much with all the threads that I have bookmarked! I just look in my bookmarks and see which ones have new posts!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    IntrovertSaraIntrovertSara Posts: 49 Member

That's how I feel lol!

I agree, this thread is nuts. I'm glad, though, since it means it's active. Since I can't come here everyday I usually ignore the thread notifications (unless there's a mention) and jump to the last page.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Good morning!

thats her name . yesterday i was trying to figure out which of your stories i was reading. so i came here and said i'm reading jes story harold and whats her name? but people knew its really good.
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Good timezones! How are yous guys? I'm okey dokey!I just had an urge to write! After passing the photos to imgur, and to the chapter, I thought I was done, and could relax...but the desire to write is bigger than me! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2017

That's how I feel lol!

i come back from work expecting a lot of lounge noties but lately we haven't moved much. i came back after 6 hours 2 weeks ago and we only moved a page. but i have come back to over a hundred. i was panicing last week when sis was gone because i was watching this and sissys penpal thread. she makes it look effortlesss. so with a few pms i mfinally calmed down.
  • Options
    Sourocha wrote: »
    Good timezones! How are yous guys? I'm okey dokey!I just had an urge to write! After passing the photos to imgur, and to the chapter, I thought I was done, and could relax...but the desire to write is bigger than me! :D

i'm good ayden has all the fun i do all the work. he didn't even blink when his toddler son escaped the yard yesterday.i on the other hand was like go get him. he cam back on his own.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I have complete writer's block with my story now..I have NO clue what to do with my next chapter (maybe have a chapter from Romeo's POV?)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Good morning!

thats her name . yesterday i was trying to figure out which of your stories i was reading. so i came here and said i'm reading jes story harold and whats her name? but people knew its really good.

No, you're were thinking of Harriett, his wife. Hillary is their daughter. ;)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Good morning!

oops at least i had the right story. i'm coffee less right now.
  • Options
    Good morning!

I wish coffee worked for me.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I have complete writer's block with my story now..I have NO clue what to do with my next chapter (maybe have a chapter from Romeo's POV?)

Why not? It'd be a good way to go from "dreamy hero Romeo" to "Romeo the actual character."
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Good morning!

I wish coffee worked for me.

if coffee didn't work for me i would save10-14 dollars a week . not counting starbucks which is 8 dollars if i go both monday and wednesday. i was lied to today . the lady who takes me shopping rushed me because she acted like our time was up. i got back here at 10 30 i have til 11. she cut it short. since i missed monday she could have made it a little longer. now i can't get new coffee til monday.

i'll stop whining now.
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Why not? It'd be a good way to go from "dreamy hero Romeo" to "Romeo the actual character."

@InfraGreen I'm confused have you been lurk reading my legacy this entire time?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

@InfraGreen I'm confused have you been lurk reading my legacy this entire time?

Actually yeah.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Well this way..I can finally have a scene with the .."order" that if ( unnamed character) says that if they see/found out about more "problems" between My Capulet (ie Swansons) and Montagues (Bjerks) and one of them will be banished
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top