Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Rockannie wrote: »
    justnyerpy wrote: »
    @Rockannie oh! Do you mind giving me a link? I just realized that would probably help me find your blog lol

most people's blogs are listed right below their posts, just like mine! Sometimes it's just a link (I haven't made a banner or anything yet) and other times it's a photo and a link :)
    Hope you find that helpful! I know I was super confused when I first got on here
    Speaking of Banners, I need to switch mine out for my gif version. :lol: I keep forgetting even if it's easy to switch it.

so you quote her back. lol.

What?

you qouted her after she quoted you.

Agh. Okay. I was expecting your first reply (not the one I'm quoting now) to be Bugsie-ing me. :lol:

you followed the rules this week. i bugsied cog instead. he put a bad image in my head right before bed time.
  • Options
    ack. noel and lauren are in seperate houses because i had to seprate 2 of the kids. they were fighting now jes might strangle me. noel wants the other woman. to be his wife ,,,,,,,,,,,,no i won't let it happen. shes white and hes white so i would lose the genetic aspect of the challenge.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Quick question. Is this acceptable for showing instant/text message conversions? Instant messaging conversions play a small role in the next couple chapters and I want to get the format/"rules" correct. Can I use asterisks to denote the conversation like so in my example:

RandomScreenname: Blah blah
    RandomScreenname2: Hahaha

Or is this example more appropriate:
    ~
    Randomscreenname: blah blah blah
    randomscreenname2: hahaha
    ~

I will be using italics and different colored text for each person. My question concerns which symbol is appropriate (~) or (*). I prefer the asterisks but they are used to denote that time has passed, so thought I'd ask. Or a space between the conversion and non-conversion? Does it really matter? Thanks :)

It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @BlackUndecimber On the earlier issue you mentioned there should now be a follow button at the footer of the blog. I set up a widget should should have added the button though I never have before so let me know if it didn't work.

The usual 'follow' on the bottom right won't show up (weird) but the widget does! Thanks :)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey. For some reason, I haven't felt like posting any of my chapters here (not sure if anyone actually clicked on my chapter links from here) but here's the latest WAWRMO chapter. There's one more from last week on my forum thread too...and two PTLT chapters on that thread.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited July 2018
    @simscognito you misunderstood what I said when i posted the split picture of your grandson (and also my simself's grandson) and the picture of JOHN Darling from Peter Pan.. here's the picture again with names.. (Westney Deville is the shared grandson)

6pmpK79.jpg?1
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Omigosh it's been nearly a month since my last chapter but hey, I did a thing!

8v0yMpd.png

Damion admires Hazel's scrap booking in chapter 36!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Quick question. Is this acceptable for showing instant/text message conversions? Instant messaging conversions play a small role in the next couple chapters and I want to get the format/"rules" correct. Can I use asterisks to denote the conversation like so in my example:

RandomScreenname: Blah blah
    RandomScreenname2: Hahaha

Or is this example more appropriate:
    ~
    Randomscreenname: blah blah blah
    randomscreenname2: hahaha
    ~

I will be using italics and different colored text for each person. My question concerns which symbol is appropriate (~) or (*). I prefer the asterisks but they are used to denote that time has passed, so thought I'd ask. Or a space between the conversion and non-conversion? Does it really matter? Thanks :)

I think the asterisks work great! The tilde works great, too.

The thing is to be consistent--whatever you use, just continue with that throughout.

And I think it's fine if asterisks are used for time breaks as well as for stylistic breaks.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    Hello everyone! ^_^ My newest story is here, Confining Space!: https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com/2018/07/19/chapter-one-irma/

Commenting or messaging me critique on my story would be much appreciated, since I'm still inexperienced at Simlet, although I plan to release Chapter Three and maybe Chapter Four of On Their Way with the content I already have for that story, before it goes on hold for an unclear amount of time. Any feedback for either story is still much appreciated, as is following my Wordpress, if you think my writing's any good, lol. :blush:
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hello everyone! ^_^ My newest story is here, Confining Space!: https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com/2018/07/19/chapter-one-irma/

Commenting or messaging me critique on my story would be much appreciated, since I'm still inexperienced at Simlet, although I plan to release Chapter Three and maybe Chapter Four of On Their Way with the content I already have for that story, before it goes on hold for an unclear amount of time. Any feedback for either story is still much appreciated, as is following my Wordpress, if you think my writing's any good, lol. :blush:

I think your writing is great ! It's got an internal, reflective quality, in this chapter , that I love ! Love the narrator , too , and I'm eager to read on!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    i forgot i had mc. which means i won't die because noel and lauren live together again. jes was upset i did the experiment cathtea wasn't or if she was she didn't say. noel will still have to see his daughter because hes a good dad but as far the expriment its over.

i love when the benders challenge me which is probably why i still write them . but i told jes i had expected cathtea to be mad and her to be the one who liked it. i was shocked it went the other way. i guess even they suprise me sometimes. i love them though. :)
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I think your writing is great ! It's got an internal, reflective quality, in this chapter , that I love ! Love the narrator , too , and I'm eager to read on!

Yeah I really enjoyed it! Will definitely be keeping up :)
  • Options
    J finished my new banner for my blog!!! I'm super terrible at any kind of artistic thing but I think it looks pretty awesome :))) Also got a pic of all 3 heirs of the Star legacy together which is real nice
  • Options
    J finished my new banner for my blog!!! I'm super terrible at any kind of artistic thing but I think it looks pretty awesome :))) Also got a pic of all 3 heirs of the Star legacy together which is real nice

Looks awesome! :)
  • Options

i agree with bugsie. it does look awesome.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Ahhh thank you!! Tryin real hard to be all professional and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :P Y'all make it real hard with how talented you are with banners and stuff though :D:D
  • Options

Ahhh thank you!! Tryin real hard to be all professional and plum :P Y'all make it real hard with how talented you are with banners and stuff though :D:D

i don't know how to do banners at all. generation 1 has some pics but i got help with page itself. generation 2 is a sim explosion kids getting married parents getting remarried no not ayden. sissy knows who. thats all i'm giving out spoiler wise.
  • Options

Ahhh thank you!! Tryin real hard to be all professional and plum :P Y'all make it real hard with how talented you are with banners and stuff though :D:D

You're welcome and mine's not that great. xD
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

You're welcome and mine's not that great. xD

Don't say that, I always thought your signature is awesome!

Do you mean the header on your blog? It looks amazing! Beautiful sims and beautiful layout :)
  • Options
    JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Hey guys, it's been a while! I haven't been writing due to the fact that I gave birth to my son in real life on July 4th so I've been pretty tired and busy. I'm finally getting some of my energy back but a newborn still demands a lot from me. I have however found time to work on my legacy a little bit at a much more leisurely pace than before. (No I can't play a full week in one day anymore. Haha.)

Still though, I have managed to get an update out! Week 37

All my other stories are currently on Hiatus until my son can sleep through the night.
  • Options
    Hey guys, it's been a while! I haven't been writing due to the fact that I gave birth to my son in real life on July 4th so I've been pretty tired and busy. I'm finally getting some of my energy back but a newborn still demands a lot from me. I have however found time to work on my legacy a little bit at a much more leisurely pace than before. (No I can't play a full week in one day anymore. Haha.)

Still though, I have managed to get an update out! Week 37

All my other stories are currently on Hiatus until my son can sleep through the night.

since i don't have kids except the benders can i ask what your son sleeping through the night has to do with your stories. sorry i just don't connect it. although one of my sims has a newborn who wakes up so much i didn't get a pic til today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top