Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pool House Challenge.

kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
I was watching reruns of The OC and was confronted again with how beautiful the pool and pool house look.

0305744e6fb0c638634c8fc4517ad33e.jpg

Inspired, I offer you the POOL HOUSE CHALLENGE!

pool-house-night.jpg
(An example of a pool house, sitting pretty on the backyard).

Stoneleigh-pool-house-6_sm.jpg

Connecticut-Pool-House-03.jpg

Fairoaks-1690x1080.jpg

pool-house-exterior-64385-1900.jpg

In a 40x30 lot - for comparison fairness - build a two story mansion. In the backyard there must be a ground pool and a pool house. The pool cannot be connected directly to the main house.

The main house must have:
  • 3 suites (they may have walk-in closets, if you like)
  • an open-plan kitchen, integrated with the dining room.
  • a small pantry
  • a lavatory.
  • a video room.
  • an office/library.
  • a living room / entrance hall, that may be (or not) connected with the kitchen/ dining area.
  • one of the following: a wine cellar / an art studio / a game room.

The pool can have any shape or size, just as long as it is an in ground pool.

There must be a barbecue area in the back yard.

The pool house must have an open plan space where there's a kitchen, TV/entertainment area and a place to sleep, keep your belongings. Also, a bathroom, that is not part of the open space for privacy reasons.

You may not use basements, unless it for terrain design, like having different terrain levels.

The deadline is June12th. Once submissions are over, everyone who wants to will be invited and encourage to vote, with the simple caveat one cannot vote for their own submission.

I hope this challenge will be fun and inspiring and I will work on a submission myself.

GOOD LUCK!

Post edited by kaichen04 on

Comments

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Just found this thread! might just give it a bash!
    so on my lot I need a main house, plus pool and pool house . . . *gulp*
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Just found this thread! might just give it a bash!
    so on my lot I need a main house, plus pool and pool house . . . *gulp*

Yes! I am working on mine. I take long. :( But I want to do the best I can. :)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited May 2015
    @kaichen04 If I might make a suggestion, it's May 24th now; asking people to turn out a good sized build like this in 5 days is indeed quite a challenge! I know I couldn't possibly do it in less than 3 weeks. Of course, there are many builders who are a lot faster than I am, but you might get more participation if you extend that deadline a bit. Just a thought on behalf of others like me that might be a bit slower. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @kaichen04 If I might make a suggestion, it's May 24th now; asking people to turn out a good sized build like this in 5 days is indeed quite a challenge! I know I couldn't possibly do it in less than 3 weeks. Of course, there are many builders who are a lot faster than I am, but you might get more participation if you extend that deadline a bit. Just a thought on behalf of others like me that might be a bit slower. :)

Suggestion accepted! Original post amended.

@BryonyRae
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Yay! I think I'll join this challenge too <3 It'll definitely help me find something fun in this game :)
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Yay! I think I'll join this challenge too <3 It'll definitely help me find something fun in this game :)

Your submission will be welcome. I have to work now, but as soon as I get home again, I will build all the walls and structures.

Then, another day, I'll decorate and everything. That takes me longer.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Actually I have a question: what's a video room? Is that another living room area?
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    umm...so the wine "cellar" cant be in a basement?
  • Options
    umm...so the wine "cellar" cant be in a basement?

Well, I think it can. For temperature control. Good thinking. :)

@sooozeeebeee

• Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Actually I have a question: what's a video room? Is that another living room area?

@LaAbby A place where people can watch TV or films.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Liziann1

I love it! The lot entance is pretty and unique. I love how the plants all around make the atmosphere more invinting. The interiors are so posh and upscale! I really loved the bathroom solution in the suite. The pool shape is very creative and the rocks and plants adorning it make it out of a Beverly Hills mansion. There's even a photo studio! Now that is what I call living.

Do you have a Gallery link or a Gallery ID you can share? I'd like to download it, if you will allow.
    Post edited by kaichen04 on
  • Options
    I am a tad slow... I managed to finish the outside structure of the main house. Because of the desertic ambience of Oasis Spring, I am going for an Arabian feel...

I am still ruminating what can I do to make the pool interesting. Maybe small palm tree islands...

05_25_15_6_51_PM.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your Pool Home is very nice! @Liziann1 :) Very nice layout of the build! The flowers look pretty either sides of the front footpath, and it looks nice how you have the gated side entrance. The tall trees either sides of the front entrance looks nice. It looks very nice how you have used the hedge fencing in the build! The pool patio area is so very nice! Very nice shape of the pool! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals poolside at the umbrella covered table, enjoying the sunshine.The roof covered porches there look very nice! The orange flowers in the garden boxes around the edges of the columns of the porches looks so nice! It looks very nice how you have done the corner with the plants, rocks and hedging in it! Very nice side dining courtyard! The yellow and orange flowers and sunflowers are a very pretty setting for sims to enjoy dining in! They are nice for sims to see when eating their meals. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice gym area for sims to enjoy keeping fit using the fitness equipment. The open plan living and kitchen looks very nice how you have designed it! Very nice living room. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas in the living room, having a chat whilst watching TV , reading a book from the bookcase and warming up near the fire. Nice study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The white lights look very nice with the colour of the seating and the patterned floor rug. The butterflies picture, books and flowers on the side table are nice homely touches in the room. The blue colour of the walls looks calming and reflects the pool theme of the home. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows and curtains in the rooms/areas in the home. It looks very nice how you have used the middle wall to separate off the kitchen and living areas. The L shaped bar stool counter is great! The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on the counter. Sims will enjoy eating their meals there. It is very nice that you have a photo studio in the home! Sims will enjoy taking photos there. The bedrooms are very nice! Very nice layout of the master bedroom and bathroom! It looks nice how you have used the angled walls to separate off the bath and sinks area. Very nice corner sitting and TV watching nook. Sims will enjoy resting there reading a book, chatting or watching TV, and the floral picture on the wall is nice for them to see when sitting there.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your WIP is looking very nice @kaichen04 ! :) The dome roofing looks great! I will look forward to seeing updates of your build. :)

Thank you. :) I was trying to go outside my comfort zone.

@Liziann1 's work is truly superb.
  • Options
    I have been playing around with moo and pools, but got discouraged because I had to redo just about everything lol. Maybe I will give it another go.
  • Options
    I have been playing around with moo and pools, but got discouraged because I had to redo just about everything lol. Maybe I will give it another go.

I really hope you do.

@sooozeeebeee

• Options
    Slowly, but surely, I am making progress. It's probably the most fun I have ever had building. I am trying to make it as interesting as possible.

05_25_15_10_53_PM.png

05_25_15_10_54_PM_2.png

05_25_15_10_54_PM_3.png

05_25_15_10_54_PM_4.png

05_25_15_10_55_PM.png

05_25_15_10_55_PM_2.png

05_25_15_10_55_PM_3.png
  • Options
    Your WIP is continuing to look very nice! :) The layout of the build looks great! The pool area with the steps going either sides looks very nice! The patterning on the pathway looks nice. Very nice type of windows that you are using which suits the type of build. The done roofing is very nice.
  • Options
    @kaichen04 I like how you are playing with the different terrain levels. I was actually researching the technique on how to do it before I saw your pics lol. I'm still learning how to build. Right now my ideas exceed my skill. I did actually find the lot I want to build on and bull dozed it. Ready to start.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @kaichen04 I like how you are playing with the different terrain levels. I was actually researching the technique on how to do it before I saw your pics lol. I'm still learning how to build. Right now my ideas exceed my skill. I did actually find the lot I want to build on and bull dozed it. Ready to start.

I had never done a bridge. It's all trial and error. I can help.

I am excited about what I know you can accomplish.

@sooozeeebeee
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @kaichen04 My gallery Link
    and Id DizziSquirrel

http://www.thesims.com/gallery/75457AE702FE11E58EFCBD43B4501D7D?category=lots&max=25&searchquery=dizzisquirrel&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really enjoyed this build!
    your WIP is looking great too! you have great patience!

@rosemow thank you for such a lovely review, your amazing x
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    @kaichen04 My gallery Link
    and Id DizziSquirrel

http://www.thesims.com/gallery/75457AE702FE11E58EFCBD43B4501D7D?category=lots&max=25&searchquery=dizzisquirrel&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really enjoyed this build!
    your WIP is looking great too! you have great patience!

rosemow thank you for such a lovely review, your amazing x

Thank you!

• Options
    _botwin__botwin_ Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2020
    DELETED
    Post edited by _botwin_ on
    Origin ID: AimBotwin
    Gallery Link
    Showcase Thread