Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help. No one is coming to my store

Hey guys

I just got the expansion pack a few days ago. I built a bakery and make one of the households bought it. but it seems like no one is coming to the store besides the household members. Is there anything I missed to do besides building it? Please help.
beXSQcW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    Did you make sure to open it? I think you have to click on the register to do it.
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Yes I opened it and already used some advertising but no one is coming.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Did you set the items for sale? You have to click on each item that you want to sell and click 'set to sell'
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Customers will flock to the store once its open, so I strongly suspect there is a conflicting mod in place. Just shut down your game, remove your mods folder then start it up again.

Also are you allowing enough time? it takes about an hour sim time for customers to start turning up
  • Options
    Niobe2000Niobe2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have the same problem! Not one customer gets inside the store, to be honest, they seem to ignore it, I bought a new mac this year and restored everything from my time machine of my old mac, so I have my old family to play with. I started playing and everything seems just fine, except for my bakery, I open the store and no one comes in. Months ago, in my old computer, my bakery was a hit, lots of customers coming in and out and purchasing my goods. But now, zero. I tried everything I could think off, or saw online: I turned off the computer, repaired the game, sold the bakery store and repurchased, two publicity campaigns and nothing. I have no mods or any other foreign element, just the main game and the get to work expansion. The only thing I didn't have before is christmas decoration (but in my main house). Any ideas why is this happening?
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    It’s happening in my stores too, sims turn up and stay on the edge of the lot playing on their phones, but very rarely enter the store. It’s annoying.
    I don’t have any mods or CC.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    This just happened to me after I downloaded a retail lot from the gallery and edited it. No sims were showing up at all and I was getting script errors. (There were plenty of items for sale.) It's gotten better now that I've re-added the lot and edited it differently. Now sims will come, but a decent group of them stand in the distance like they're stuck. My sim can't greet them, either; instead she does the 'I can't!' hand wave.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    This just happened to me after I downloaded a retail lot from the gallery and edited it. No sims were showing up at all and I was getting script errors. (There were plenty of items for sale.) It's gotten better now that I've re-added the lot and edited it differently. Now sims will come, but a decent group of them stand in the distance like they're stuck. My sim can't greet them, either; instead she does the 'I can't!' hand wave.

Try deleting and buying a different door. I saw this over a year ago and it seems some lots have portal problems and they were my own that I built they sometimes get glitched out if you put them in your library. Or if you downloaded a lot from the gallery. Editing where the entrance door is might fix the problem or it may have been a problem with a particular door but it's a like a portal issue where they don't seem to know they are supposed to come onto the lot and enter the building.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

Try deleting and buying a different door. I saw this over a year ago and it seems some lots have portal problems and they were my own that I built they sometimes get glitched out if you put them in your library. Or if you downloaded a lot from the gallery. Editing where the entrance door is might fix the problem or it may have been a problem with a particular door but it's a like a portal issue where they don't seem to know they are supposed to come onto the lot and enter the building.

There were no doors, actually. It was a barn with an archway in the front and one in the back. I deleted the arches and replaced them with doors and that still didn't help. Deleted half the crap on the lot, still nothing. Even now that it's 'fixed,' half of the sims come to the lot (eventually) but the other half is stuck in the world area. It's one of the Brindleton Bay lots, so maybe that one has some issues.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If you tried the suggestions above and their still not coming do you have any mods or cc in your game?