Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens. UPDATE! After 2 years, one wish just came true! :)

Comments

• Options
    MomMom Posts: 2 New Member
    Some quick ideas! "Trying out for the School Play", "Dealing with School Yard Bullies","Becoming Hall Monitor", "Horrible Substitutes", "Class Clown", "Teacher's Pet", and the dreaded "DETENTION".
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

#WEWANTGENERATIONS
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    It would be cool if preteens got a temporary trait, so they would have a temp trait and the trait they had chosen as a child (this temp trait would act like how a toddlers' trait does)
    These temporary traits could show what kind of a stage they're going through, whether it's positive or negative. You could have things like:
    Moody these preteens would constantly be in a mood and give you attitude. Watch out! You don't want to be on the receiving end of that look!
    Drama Queen these preteens would always want to be center of attention, and they'd be the most popular kid at school.
    Emo Quiet. Grunge. Smudged black eyeliner. Gah, these preteens are the easiest to cope with: until you try and understand them!
    Beauty Guru Eyeshadow palettes? Lipsticks? Have these preteens been living under a rock?! Must! Wear! Makeup!
    Annoying whether they're happy or moody or angry or playful or bored, these preteens will always find a way to pester your socks off!

I just think this would be cool as it doesn't affect the trait system, and at the same time it would show what kind of personality preteens would have by showing what kind of phase they're going through o:)
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    We need preteens next. :) I hope if we do get them that they're in a patch, but I could understand if they were put into an expansion. Since they'd be new to the series. Still though, if they're ever going to be able to add upon them, they kind of have to be put in the bg. Even if it's the bare minimum.

Yeah! support the idea! spread the forum!
  • Options
    EverGreenLifeEverGreenLife Posts: 2,670 Member
    YASSSSSSSSS

Also I'd like preeteens cuz the I'd be able to make all my friends and me on ts4!!!!

But toddlers mean I can make all ma cousins and half-sibbies
    FrAEi8Q.png
    ✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚i love starry skies✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚
    origin ID - egl_original
  • Options
    EverGreenLifeEverGreenLife Posts: 2,670 Member
    Mom wrote: »
    Some quick ideas! "Trying out for the School Play", "Dealing with School Yard Bullies","Becoming Hall Monitor", "Horrible Substitutes", "Class Clown", "Teacher's Pet", and the dreaded "DETENTION".

I love detention cuz it's wild XD
    FrAEi8Q.png
    ✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚i love starry skies✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚
    origin ID - egl_original
  • Options
    NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    I've been on the "Tween" idea forever. Right about the time we all noticed something really lacking in teens (many things actually). People have talked about redesigning the teens but I don't think EA/ Maxis really wants to go back and redesign something they've already done. The Tween is a perfect solution to the problem for just about all the ideas mentioned on this thread.
    Have to give cudos to Maxis, they did a bang up job with the introduction of Toddlers (and for FREE even!!!). I wouldn't expect them to give us a whole new life stage for free but it would do so much to fix the teen problem and possibly be the funniest life stage in the game. They did a great job giving the toddlers a very distinct character of their own, I'm sure they could do the same thing for the Tween.
    One idea I envisioned was Zits. The Tweens would occasionally have a break out of Acne causing emotional trauma. Everything from anger to wanting to hide from everyone in embarrassment. They could even add another item to purchase. Acne cream that would help heal the problem. They could also have temporary traits that change as they age up. Physical awkwardness (clumsy), saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, self esteem issues, mood swings, romantic interactions (kissing, hugging, etc) causing embarrassment, snobbishness (talk to the hand).
    One of the items I've missed (among many) in TS4 is the swing set. This could be a major item in the tweens social world. Not only could swinging be a way of positively affecting a Tween's mood but the "Hanging Out" aspect could have effect on friendship and having another tween to talk to that understands. It also has a romantic aspect in that pushing a swing for someone you like is the tween equivalent of dating.
  • Options
    ArriesArries Posts: 58 Member
    I really want to see pre-teens/tweens added to the game. I've wanted it since day one. A height slider would be super amazing too. I also really would love to have the option to homeschool the kids. I had a mod for it, but it was glitchy. I homeschool my kids, and know a lot of other people that do, so when I'm playing my self-sim family, it's weird to have the kids head off for the day. I'm super ridiculously happy we have our adorable toddlers to mix up the age gaps a little bit. I think the babies are awful, but the adorableness of the toddlers seems to compensate well for it. I do agree that we need some more work done, though. And adding a generations type EP with pre-teens would be absolutely amazing.
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    no Sims 4 Back to School ep find toddler in the sims 4 no back to school please end of idea
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    this brown toddler looks monkey
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    edited January 2017
    YASSSSSSSSS

Also I'd like preeteens cuz the I'd be able to make all my friends and me on ts4!!!!

But toddlers mean I can make all ma cousins and half-sibbies

I could make myself too! :smiley:
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    sophtastic wrote: »
    It would be cool if preteens got a temporary trait, so they would have a temp trait and the trait they had chosen as a child (this temp trait would act like how a toddlers' trait does)
    These temporary traits could show what kind of a stage they're going through, whether it's positive or negative. You could have things like:
    Moody these preteens would constantly be in a mood and give you attitude. Watch out! You don't want to be on the receiving end of that look!
    Drama Queen these preteens would always want to be center of attention, and they'd be the most popular kid at school.
    Emo Quiet. Grunge. Smudged black eyeliner. Gah, these preteens are the easiest to cope with: until you try and understand them!
    Beauty Guru Eyeshadow palettes? Lipsticks? Have these preteens been living under a rock?! Must! Wear! Makeup!
    Annoying whether they're happy or moody or angry or playful or bored, these preteens will always find a way to pester your socks off!

I just think this would be cool as it doesn't affect the trait system, and at the same time it would show what kind of personality preteens would have by showing what kind of phase they're going through o:)

This is soooooooooooooooooo true! This how a lot of pre-teens are like most day. You can expect to see pre-teen girls wearing make up to look grown. I did see girls like under 12 wearing make up (including Toddlers and Tiaras) so there is nothing wrong with having make up options for pre-teens in the Sims 4.

I would love the following:

Rebel- At the pre-teen phase, kids will do whatever that pleases them. They don't care about being troublemakers and consequences. This includes the frequency of pranks, talking back, bullying (or insulting), and fighting.

Jock- A kid who is so obsessed with sports and being athletic

Snobbish- Ugh, they think their better than everyone else lol

Loving- A pre-teen who actually cares about their family or friends
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The toddlers are super adorable, best toddler design in Sims history I think. I really hope Sims 4 would compensate the missing "skeleton" for the original teens by introducing a pre-teen/tweens age group.

I actually wouldn't mind if they revised the existing teen design into a shorter one! but since it's a waste, then the system of middle school for tweens and high school for teens (three different kind of school) is kinda expansively awesome.
    Post edited by rochelimit on
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    What if we have the school like the Sims 3 for like maybe a couple of days out of the week that the teens will be in class and just like in Sims university the professor will provide a lecture and you have the option of take notes, sleep, or ask a question, pass notes but at a risk to be caught passing notes, taking a test and have the option to cheat but risk getting caught and lower grade and taking notes will improve homework getting much done quicker.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    How about: Military School not just for delinquents but for Teen Sims who want a Challenge.
    A Military Style Camp, you can watch Teen Sims at where they have fun, Challenge themselves and do exercise, like the Military School in ways but a 7 Simday stay, with an option after 7 sim days to go again, if life span is shorter, than it will go for 5 or 3 days, they march and more, and learn Teamwork.
    I think half of what they did for toddlers is great, then they should have a pre teen pack, probably Stuff or Game.

Well, first we need a military ANYTHING to begin with, i sorta miss the military career, wont lie
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
    It's cool that toddlers are back :)
    But we still not have preetens :(
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @PawelK198604 Hopefully it won't be long until we see preteens. :) Maybe in a generations ep, or possibly in a free update if we get lucky.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I want the reality show idea so we can have "The Real World: Willow Creek" where Bob Pancakes move in with his relatives after his wife leaves him for a less crying man.
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    I really want the school for children and teens. I posted about that myself recently. So does that screen shot confirm that is happening?
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    @PawelK198604 Hopefully it won't be long until we see preteens. :) Maybe in a generations ep, or possibly in a free update if we get lucky.

I am hoping for preeteens and a generations EP too. :)

• Options
    NayNayLeeNayNayLee Posts: 4 New Member
    We do need pre-teens and maybe a younger child life stage (older than toddler but younger than child). Modeled after a 5-6 year old.
  • Options
    v12creator wrote: »
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    How about: Military School not just for delinquents but for Teen Sims who want a Challenge.
    A Military Style Camp, you can watch Teen Sims at where they have fun, Challenge themselves and do exercise, like the Military School in ways but a 7 Simday stay, with an option after 7 sim days to go again, if life span is shorter, than it will go for 5 or 3 days, they march and more, and learn Teamwork.
    I think half of what they did for toddlers is great, then they should have a pre teen pack, probably Stuff or Game.

Well, first we need a military ANYTHING to begin with, i sorta miss the military career, wont lie

yeah, that's why I'm proposing this. I kinda missed the boyish geekish element in Sims2 like military war stuffs, weapons, and the alien objects, laboratorium and so on. Of course, I complete missed the skeleton for teenagers, the short one, like Ezra of Star Wars.
  • Options
    SimFan101SimFan101 Posts: 3 New Member

Yes I have idea for them too.

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDaniel Please show some interest in my ideas.

Your child isn’t really child anymore. Your son or daughter now enter the early adolescent phase and is now physically and mentally maturing. As a pre-teen, your child will experience a load of mood swings and go through challenging moments.
    ————————————————————————————————————————

Early Bloomer, Average Bloomer, or Late Bloomer

Every pre-teenage kid starts puberty at different times. One may be taller and more developed than his or hers peers or one may be shorter and less developed than his or hers peers. Maybe it could go the opposite. One is tall but less developed or one is short or more developed.

Height sliders: Pre-teens should be the only age group to come with height sliders. During puberty, you may hit may not hit your growth spurt. Height sliders are used for sim pre-teens in case if they have stunted grow or grew to fast. For heigh sliders, a pre-teen sim has to be TWO inches shorter or taller than the average.

Body: A pre-teen girl may have fully sized developed breasts and a bit of a curvy shape while the other pre-teen girls have flat chests and a rectangle shape body. A pre-teen boy may have a bit of facial hair and a deep voice while other pre-teen boys have squeaky child voices and hairless face.

Personality: Not only pre-teens would physically mature, but they can mentality mature. Add a childish or mature trait. Maybe they can be childish or mature at once. I would love to see a mature trait (for pre-teens only). They can have the childish trait as well.

Some pre-teens or young teenagers can resemble the older teenagers or appear to look like their in their late teens despite being short and younger than they appear. This is caused by older-looking faces or very overdeveloped or mature bodies. They can have adult-like proportions matured body physique.

Like this:

http: // img . cadnav . com /ailing / 130531 / 1-130531212205426 . jpg

See how these two look like 18-19 year olds? The girl has a fully developed body of a woman or the boy having the body of a man rather than a boy? That's how some pre-teens can look.

Mature pre-teen girl

Fuller, rounder, larger breasts (appears to be fully developed)
    Slight hourglass shape (waist goes inward and hips curves out)
    Looks 18-19ish

Realistic pre-teen girl
    Super flat chest or small, pointy breasts (buds)
    Rectangle shape (waist is straight and hips are narrow)
    Looks 11-12ish

Mature pre-teen boy

More developed muscular body
    Deep voice
    Looks 18-19ish

Realistic pre-teen boy

Slender body
    High voice
    Looks 11-12ish

Remember: Appearance doesn’t define a pre-teen or a younger teenager. It doesn’t matter if you were the only 11-year-old with a deep voice or big breasts or a 14-year-old with a high voice or flat chest. Everyone is DIFFERENT and start puberty at DIFFERENT times.
    ——————————————————————————————————————

During the pre-teen years, the relationship between the child and parent changes. The pre-teen may become more aggressive or rebel-ish. They may remain good like when they were younger. This includes:

Smart mouth
    Mocking (or to repeat in a rude way) what parents or any other adult say
    Eye rolls
    Huffing and puffing
    Nasty attitude

Not all pre-teens are like this. Some are good and respect their parents. Pre-teens also experience infatuation, limerence, puppy love, and lovey dovey stuff.
    ———————————— ——————— ————————————— ———————
    For gameplay, pre-teens can:

- Workout (to gain muscle or lose weight)
    - Remember the group dancing or just dancing from GT? I wish they could do that.
    - Learn to cook or try to cook and prepare meals
    - Try to fix or tinker broken items
    - Go to middle school. Too old for elementary and too young for high school
    - Care for babies and toddlers
    - Write in diary or journal (for both genders)
    - Have crushes
    - Have a few romance interactions

That's all
  • Options
    SimFan101 wrote: »

Yes I have idea for them too.

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDaniel Please show some interest in my ideas.

Your child isn’t really child anymore. Your son or daughter now enter the early adolescent phase and is now physically and mentally maturing. As a pre-teen, your child will experience a load of mood swings and go through challenging moments.
    ————————————————————————————————————————

Early Bloomer, Average Bloomer, or Late Bloomer

Every pre-teenage kid starts puberty at different times. One may be taller and more developed than his or hers peers or one may be shorter and less developed than his or hers peers. Maybe it could go the opposite. One is tall but less developed or one is short or more developed.

Height sliders: Pre-teens should be the only age group to come with height sliders. During puberty, you may hit may not hit your growth spurt. Height sliders are used for sim pre-teens in case if they have stunted grow or grew to fast. For heigh sliders, a pre-teen sim has to be TWO inches shorter or taller than the average.

Body: A pre-teen girl may have fully sized developed breasts and a bit of a curvy shape while the other pre-teen girls have flat chests and a rectangle shape body. A pre-teen boy may have a bit of facial hair and a deep voice while other pre-teen boys have squeaky child voices and hairless face.

Personality: Not only pre-teens would physically mature, but they can mentality mature. Add a childish or mature trait. Maybe they can be childish or mature at once. I would love to see a mature trait (for pre-teens only). They can have the childish trait as well.

Some pre-teens or young teenagers can resemble the older teenagers or appear to look like their in their late teens despite being short and younger than they appear. This is caused by older-looking faces or very overdeveloped or mature bodies. They can have adult-like proportions matured body physique.

Like this:

See how these two look like 18-19 year olds? The girl has a fully developed body of a woman or the boy having the body of a man rather than a boy? That's how some pre-teens can look.

Mature pre-teen girl

Fuller, rounder, larger breasts (appears to be fully developed)
    Slight hourglass shape (waist goes inward and hips curves out)
    Looks 18-19ish

Realistic pre-teen girl
    Super flat chest or small, pointy breasts (buds)
    Rectangle shape (waist is straight and hips are narrow)
    Looks 11-12ish

Mature pre-teen boy

More developed muscular body
    Deep voice
    Looks 18-19ish

Realistic pre-teen boy

Slender body
    High voice
    Looks 11-12ish

Remember: Appearance doesn’t define a pre-teen or a younger teenager. It doesn’t matter if you were the only 11-year-old with a deep voice or big breasts or a 14-year-old with a high voice or flat chest. Everyone is DIFFERENT and start puberty at DIFFERENT times.
    ——————————————————————————————————————

During the pre-teen years, the relationship between the child and parent changes. The pre-teen may become more aggressive or rebel-ish. They may remain good like when they were younger. This includes:

Smart mouth
    Mocking (or to repeat in a rude way) what parents or any other adult say
    Eye rolls
    Huffing and puffing
    Nasty attitude

Not all pre-teens are like this. Some are good and respect their parents. Pre-teens also experience infatuation, limerence, puppy love, and lovey dovey stuff.
    ———————————— ——————— ————————————— ———————
    For gameplay, pre-teens can:

- Workout (to gain muscle or lose weight)
    - Remember the group dancing or just dancing from GT? I wish they could do that.
    - Learn to cook or try to cook and prepare meals
    - Try to fix or tinker broken items
    - Go to middle school. Too old for elementary and too young for high school
    - Care for babies and toddlers
    - Write in diary or journal (for both genders)
    - Have crushes
    - Have a few romance interactions

That's all

Combine the spaced parts to form the link to see what I am talking about. It shows a picture of two people (one woman with black hair, one man with ginger hair) between their late teens to early 20s. I was saying that some pre-teens could look like their in their late teens to early 20s and look just like the man or the woman in the photo.
  • Options
    We need a young child life stage as well. @SimGuruDrak @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDaniel Young Child

-Modeled after a 5-6 year old child (Older than toddler but younger than child)
    -About the same size of a child (or nearly the same size of a child, just like a few inches shorter)
    -Facially similar to toddlers (a bit more mature) and have slightly rounder and pudgier face.
    -Can be carried like toddlers
    -Can throw silly tantrums like toddlers
    -Young Children represent early school aged children so they go to elementary school (or kindergarten)