Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA explain yourself, why the outright lies?

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I know this is not the correct place, but I have posted in all the correct places and have been completely ignored. As this thread has actually gotten an answer (even though begging for answers to the collecting issue I have been having has also been completely ignored for eight months), I want to try. There are still challenges in TS3 that seem impossible to complete. Is there any way of knowing if a certain achievement (the 30 grandchildren one) is even still possible, so I can stop wasting time?

I really feel like my time and money means nothing if I cannot even get someone to respond to problems I have had, when gurus seem to answer everyone else's questions. :(

The achievements still work for me, so I think they're possible.

Have you gotten the 30 grandchildren one RECENTLY? It is the only one I can not get, and have done it multiple times, every way I can find online people have been successful at it. In every try I quit around 50 grandchildren. I have been in the TS3 general and bug forums, and on the other EA report site, and have come up completely empty.

No, I haven't. I've no solution for that one, I'm afraid.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    To be fair, one of the "perks" of family play and generational play is being able to look back at your family and actually see them around town. The op also mentioned the culling issue (trying to fix it with a mod) and having them deleted anyway.

Edit: Not trying to speak for her and I don't really think anyone should but I don't believe achievements were the only gripe, more than likely it was the "straw that broke the camel's back". And yes I seen your "ideas corner" mention but around here the other sections are usually where topics go to "die".
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    The culling is the single most frustrating feature of the game for me (and yes, I DO use the mod because it's horrible). Had a sim start a romance with a sim she worked with. The next day he was gone, along with EVERY single household that was not in world. The game world of active sims was not over 180 sims, nor had anybody died yet to fill up the town with ghosts or whatever (and I was playing with aging off). Every single not in world sim was culled. That's when I remembered I had to put the mod back in my game :/

Does it start to slow the game down if you have over 180 sims?

I haven't got to that point yet, but I basically do my own culling -- households with only 1 Elder that my Sims haven't had contact with get deleted, sometimes those with just singles if I need more families. I'll often evict Sims that are taking up a big house with just one Sim and move in a family instead. I moved the BFFs to another house to use their lot for a house I downloaded from the Gallery that my Sims are going to move to as soon as they get the money. One thing I do appreciate about Sims 4 over Sims 3 is that it's easier to delete families without messing up the game.

I'll probably have to install it then because I can't stand it anymore!

And thanks @SimStaffGabriel for your reply. Sorry if I came across as sounding hostile, it's just so frustrating to see someone who has been playing the same family for a year and only has 4 generations to show for it :( It's just hard for family players.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I have done all legacy that you posted with just four females each had 25 baby each and a save game to prove it
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited May 2015
    @SimStaffGabriel
    Thanks for the response:)
    You know, we would kinda like it if our family trees weren't obliterated, maybe have the game save the portrait like Sims 2 and 3 did rather than removing them when the game sulls them.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Quick question, would you be able to have enough room for 100 generations if there was between 2-5 children per parents and they thus multiply?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member

I think that the fact her family tree shows at least 4 generations already, yet the achievement shows 0/10, pretty clearly shows it is not working.

Right you are Piperbird1. I was simply trying to give them the most generous interpretation that the game was working in spite of the tally being wrong.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    As per @SimStaffGabriel suggestion I have made a post in the Ideas Corner. If you feel strongly that culling of our generational sims should be prevented please can you respond to it and hopefully the SimGurus will take note of this very big issue for generational players.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/832194/stop-the-culling-please-for-the-sake-of-our-generational-families?new=1
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I think that the fact her family tree shows at least 4 generations already, yet the achievement shows 0/10, pretty clearly shows it is not working.

@Piperbird1 Good grief I didn't even notice that, thank you for pointing it out!

@SimStaffGabriel maybe you would like to take another look at that and give us your thoughts
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    edited May 2015
    edit-nevermind! Legacy achievement still doesnt apply to my game
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »

But the OP was about the game culling over 7 generations of her sims. Where is an answer about that?? We are being ignored too.

Hello,

The original topic of this thread was concerning the culling of generations by the game, and how the OP thought that would affect their ability to accomplish the achievements listed in their post.

I will however encourage a thread be created in the "Ideas Corner" for the removal of generations culling, as of right now the game and the culling of generations as far as I know is working correctly, therefore any wanted changes to this system should be brought up in the ideas section :)!

Hope this answers your questions! I just wanted to bring attention to the answer being given by one of my colleagues!

Have a great day!

Don't your posts ignore the OP's statements?
    I have played the same sim family since the game was released last year, and I know im at least 10 generations down the line now, at least. But as far as the family tree goes there is just 4 generations because your game engine culls all the old relationships.

and this
    100gen_zpsrowa472y.jpg

The OP has stated that she is playing a family 10 generations or more in yet her achievements do not reflect that.

Further, it has been reported that legacy families are currently being culled in the game which makes the achievement for having 10 10 generation families in the world pretty impossible.

I suppose what you are implicitly saying is that the OP is mistaken. It appears that there an awful lot of legacy players out there who are simply mistaken about how long they have been playing their families. Knowing how long it takes to play a family for 10 generations or more I suppose we must take your word for it that that this has been tested before each and every patch has been released. Given the number of patches you have had and the frequency of their release I would say that makes your testers pretty heroic.

I'm about 4 generations in (not sure because of the plum culling) but I will definitely test this out and see if it registers.
  • Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Sincerbox wrote: »

Right you are Piperbird1. I was simply trying to give them the most generous interpretation that the game was working in spite of the tally being wrong.

There are times when it is expected for the number of generations visible in the Genealogy not to match the the achievement's counter.

Generations are only counted if the baby is born or adopted while the Sim is being controlled by the player. For instance, babies born in NPC households don't contribute, even if the player starts playing with that family.

Also, while the Genealogy will display trees for Sims that were created prior to the patch's release in February, the achievement only started counting generations from the patch onward.

I have just verified in game that giving birth does increase the generation counter, so, keeping those limitations in mind, I would need more information if you still see the achievement not tracking your progress properly.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @SimGuruEugi as you can see from my screen shots on the first page, there are 4 existing generations, albeit I know I have had 10 or more generations since the inception of the game. However you say that since the patch it will be counted so why do I not have even 1 or 2 generations noted? As you can see my sim is married to an Alien (therefore since Get to work), and they have had 2 natural birth children (and 1 abduction pregnancy) NO adoptions, yet the counter shows zero? There has never been a time when this sim has not been the main controlled sim
  • Options
    @SimGuruEugi as you can see from my screen shots on the first page, there are 4 existing generations, albeit I know I have had 10 or more generations since the inception of the game. However you say that since the patch it will be counted so why do I not have even 1 or 2 generations noted? As you can see my sim is married to an Alien (therefore since Get to work), and they have had 2 natural birth children (and 1 abduction pregnancy) NO adoptions, yet the counter shows zero? There has never been a time when this sim has not been the main controlled sim

Quick question: do you happen to use cas.fulleditmode ?
  • Options
    yes I do use cas.fulleditmode
  • Options
    yes I do use cas.fulleditmode

Thanks. Unfortunately, cas.fulleditmode resets some of the Sim's information, including generation count. I'll make a note to fix that, since it's causing confusion with this particular achievement. I can't comment on when that might happen, though. I hope you understand. For the time being, if you're interesting in completing the achievement, I suggest you hold off on using the cheat.

Thanks for your help in helping us track this down.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    This is what we need on a regular basis - communication. Not on Twitter or FB but here on the official forum. Props to SimGuruEugi.

Yes, this is amazing! I love it when they talk to us about the game.
    Thanks @SimGuruEugi
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    edited May 2015
    So true OP! Though I'm not a legacy player, I completely.
    Before anyone points out there is a no cull mod

We shouldn't be supposed to use mods to play the way we want.
    Just saying, EA.

@Alistair_32 You see the Go To School mod? I'm wondering why they didnt include that in GTW.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I really don't think Maxis cares about family play as far as The Sims 4 is concerned. It's sad, but doesn't surprise me. I gave up even trying to make families in this game during January when I got some save corruption. I feel terrible for the people that get their family members culled.

I agree. I want is the family aspect of the sims back.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    This is what we need on a regular basis - communication. Not on Twitter or FB but here on the official forum. Props to SimGuruEugi.

Yes, this is amazing! I love it when they talk to us about the game.
    Thanks @SimGuruEugi

Indeed!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah the culling feature is my most hated feature in the game. It works horrible for generation and legacy players and not going to work well as more EPs and GPs are introduced into the game. I wish we had a townie generator like the Sims 2 in which it stops generating Sims at 186. It was nice because down the line with the family tree, it remembered who was related to who. It really stinks for us to have the 10 generation ability and for Sims not to remember their relatives because of the culling. I did hear the culling is deleting played and unplayed Sims that are under the 180 Sim limit.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller