Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA explain yourself, why the outright lies?

What exactly is the deal with some of the impossible achievements? Why do you even come up with this stuff if it is patently impossible to achieve?

The game culls dead sims, even living ones once every sim week and all sims over the magic 180 just disappear into thin air. Even your legacy sims.

I have played the same sim family since the game was released last year, and I know im at least 10 generations down the line now, at least. But as far as the family tree goes there is just 4 generations because your game engine culls all the old relationships.

10genfamily_zpsqwa6kivg.jpg

And yet in your achievements there is this
26gen_zpscbvo0hgy.jpg

and this
100gen_zpsrowa472y.jpg

So why do you do this stuff? why do you on the one hand make it LOOK as though its possible to play a generational family, when it clearly is NOT possible to keep a family tree going for more than 4 or 5 generations?

Why do you make these promises? A 100 generation family??? how many sims do you think there will be in a 100 generation family?? each generation has to consist of at least 2 sims, so that's 200 sims, yet your game wont allow more than 180. And that's assuming there are NO other sims whatsoever in the game.

Before anyone points out there is a no cull mod, yes I know about it Ive used it to great success until a patch broke it and deleted more than half my family tree. BUT Ea are making promises that only the use of mods can keep. why do they do this?

Comments

• Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    busted!
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    That is pretty bad!
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    What exactly is the deal with some of the impossible achievements? Why do you even come up with this stuff if it is patently impossible to achieve?

The game culls dead sims, even living ones once every sim week and all sims over the magic 180 just disappear into thin air. Even your legacy sims.

I have played the same sim family since the game was released last year, and I know im at least 10 generations down the line now, at least. But as far as the family tree goes there is just 4 generations because your game engine culls all the old relationships.

26gen_zpscbvo0hgy.jpg

and this
    100gen_zpsrowa472y.jpg

So why do you do this stuff? why do you on the one hand make it LOOK as though its possible to play a generational family, when it clearly is NOT possible to keep a family tree going for more than 4 or 5 generations?

Why do you make these promises? A 100 generation family??? how many sims do you think there will be in a 100 generation family?? each generation has to consist of at least 2 sims, so that's 200 sims, yet your game wont allow more than 180. And that's assuming there are NO other sims whatsoever in the game.

Before anyone points out there is a no cull mod, yes I know about it Ive used it to great success until a patch broke it and deleted more than half my family tree. BUT Ea are making promises that only the use of mods can keep. why do they do this?
    That is just beyond sad. :(
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I really don't think Maxis cares about family play as far as The Sims 4 is concerned. It's sad, but doesn't surprise me. I gave up even trying to make families in this game during January when I got some save corruption. I feel terrible for the people that get their family members culled.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    To unlock the achievement, it is not necessary for you to have 10 or 100 generations of living Sims. It means that you need to play through a certain number of generations. Any time a player controlled Sim gives birth or adopts, the generation count is increased. The achievements work independently of what is currently visible in the Genealogy. The generation count is preserved even if distant relatives are culled by the game.

Hope that clears things up.
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member

26gen_zpscbvo0hgy.jpg

and this
    100gen_zpsrowa472y.jpg

Wooowww an achievement specifically for legacies but it's impossible to achieve the plumming achievement. I'm getting sick of this mess.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sorry to hear this :/ i've had sims culled too and it sucks. Especially when they leave you with an empty grave....is there any reason my sims name can't remain on it at least? It's ridiculous.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Before anyone points out there is a no cull mod

We shouldn't be supposed to use mods to play the way we want.
    Just saying, EA.
    Also, if the game just saved the picture of them sim that would be fine... I guess. But mods shouldn't be a necessity, EA is being payed to do things right but they are too busy promoting Disney channel.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Okay, so that explains the family tree issue. What about the culling? I have a Sim named Deonte Holiday who had been romancing a young man for weeks and he was finally able to ask him to be his boyfriend. Next I wanted to have the boyfriend move in but - BAM! The next time I opened the game, the boyfriend no longer existed anywhere. My frustration is beyond what I can explain in words. Why didn't EA just scrap the iPad game and start over?
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Because they can. They're not going to suffer any penalty for it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Wow calm down guys...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    The culling is the single most frustrating feature of the game for me (and yes, I DO use the mod because it's horrible). Had a sim start a romance with a sim she worked with. The next day he was gone, along with EVERY single household that was not in world. The game world of active sims was not over 180 sims, nor had anybody died yet to fill up the town with ghosts or whatever (and I was playing with aging off). Every single not in world sim was culled. That's when I remembered I had to put the mod back in my game :/
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    The culling is the single most frustrating feature of the game for me (and yes, I DO use the mod because it's horrible). Had a sim start a romance with a sim she worked with. The next day he was gone, along with EVERY single household that was not in world. The game world of active sims was not over 180 sims, nor had anybody died yet to fill up the town with ghosts or whatever (and I was playing with aging off). Every single not in world sim was culled. That's when I remembered I had to put the mod back in my game :/

Does it start to slow the game down if you have over 180 sims?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    SimStaffGabrielSimStaffGabriel Posts: 84 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello fellow Simmers,

I would like to bring forth a comment that was made earlier in this thread by one of my colleagues!
    To unlock the achievement, it is not necessary for you to have 10 or 100 generations of living Sims. It means that you need to play through a certain number of generations. Any time a player controlled Sim gives birth or adopts, the generation count is increased. The achievements work independently of what is currently visible in the Genealogy. The generation count is preserved even if distant relatives are culled by the game.

This message was meant to answer your questions/concerns revolving around the achievements, and how you are expected to achieve them! We just wanted to point this post out, as it was somewhat ignored and the conversation about the achievements continued.

Thanks! Hope this clears things up and makes sense to everyone!
  • Options
    Hello fellow Simmers,

I would like to bring forth a comment that was made earlier in this thread by one of my colleagues!

This message was meant to answer your questions/concerns revolving around the achievements, and how you are expected to achieve them! We just wanted to point this post out, as it was somewhat ignored and the conversation about the achievements continued.

Thanks! Hope this clears things up and makes sense to everyone!

But the OP was about the game culling over 7 generations of her sims. Where is an answer about that?? We are being ignored too.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

@SimGuruEugi If I may ask, considering the numbers released during the Woohoo Weekend alongside the amount of successful conceiving woohoos that are applied in those above goals, were those achievements ever registered as completed during that time? I imagine it would have been a perfectly valid time for those to be completed.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I finally installed the No Culling mod, even though I didn't want to, because I was tired of my scientist going back to work and finding an entire new group of co-workers (as well as the headstone of the one guy who died of old age at work being blank). Having to go through the introduction process before being able to ask for a metal or crystal or to test a serum took a lot of time out of his workday.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I know this is not the correct place, but I have posted in all the correct places and have been completely ignored. As this thread has actually gotten an answer (even though begging for answers to the collecting issue I have been having has also been completely ignored for eight months), I want to try. There are still challenges in TS3 that seem impossible to complete. Is there any way of knowing if a certain achievement (the 30 grandchildren one) is even still possible, so I can stop wasting time?

I really feel like my time and money means nothing if I cannot even get someone to respond to problems I have had, when gurus seem to answer everyone else's questions. :(
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I know this is not the correct place, but I have posted in all the correct places and have been completely ignored. As this thread has actually gotten an answer (even though begging for answers to the collecting issue I have been having has also been completely ignored for eight months), I want to try. There are still challenges in TS3 that seem impossible to complete. Is there any way of knowing if a certain achievement (the 30 grandchildren one) is even still possible, so I can stop wasting time?

I really feel like my time and money means nothing if I cannot even get someone to respond to problems I have had, when gurus seem to answer everyone else's questions. :(

The achievements still work for me, so I think they're possible.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    ENolan wrote: »

@SimGuruEugi If I may ask, considering the numbers released during the Woohoo Weekend alongside the amount of successful conceiving woohoos that are applied in those above goals, were those achievements ever registered as completed during that time? I imagine it would have been a perfectly valid time for those to be completed.

I don't have those numbers, sorry. I'm on the engineering team, and we don't have a lot of visibility into that kind of things. I'll ask @SimGuruBChick .
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    ENolan wrote: »

I don't have those numbers, sorry. I'm on the engineering team, and we don't have a lot of visibility into that kind of things. I'll ask @SimGuruBChick .

Valid answer. Thank you for your time, sir.

WAIT... @SimGuruBChick is back?!
  • Options
    SimStaffGabrielSimStaffGabriel Posts: 84 SimGuru (retired)

But the OP was about the game culling over 7 generations of her sims. Where is an answer about that?? We are being ignored too.

Hello,

The original topic of this thread was concerning the culling of generations by the game, and how the OP thought that would affect their ability to accomplish the achievements listed in their post.

I will however encourage a thread be created in the "Ideas Corner" for the removal of generations culling, as of right now the game and the culling of generations as far as I know is working correctly, therefore any wanted changes to this system should be brought up in the ideas section :)!

Hope this answers your questions! I just wanted to bring attention to the answer being given by one of my colleagues!

Have a great day!
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

The achievements still work for me, so I think they're possible.

Have you gotten the 30 grandchildren one RECENTLY? It is the only one I can not get, and have done it multiple times, every way I can find online people have been successful at it. In every try I quit around 50 grandchildren. I have been in the TS3 general and bug forums, and on the other EA report site, and have come up completely empty.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Does it start to slow the game down if you have over 180 sims?

I haven't got to that point yet, but I basically do my own culling -- households with only 1 Elder that my Sims haven't had contact with get deleted, sometimes those with just singles if I need more families. I'll often evict Sims that are taking up a big house with just one Sim and move in a family instead. I moved the BFFs to another house to use their lot for a house I downloaded from the Gallery that my Sims are going to move to as soon as they get the money. One thing I do appreciate about Sims 4 over Sims 3 is that it's easier to delete families without messing up the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)