Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it Worth It?

Hi! I have The Sims 4 limited edition, and I was wondering if the upgrade to the Deluxe Edition (14$) would be worth it? Like, are the parties and objects provided worth what they are asking for? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited April 2015
    The clothes are very wacky, not really something for everyday wear. I think you only get 2 new buy mode objects, a bar and a light show thing. In my opinion it's not worth it. You get a few more things to cook it's like a very small stuff pack for the price of a game pack.
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    The clothes are very wacky, not really something for everyday wear. I think you only get 2 new buy mode objects, a bar and a light show thing. In my opinion it's not worth it.
    To my dismay I have to echo this sentiment.

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Personally, I'm still planning on buying it just to have more content added into my game and who knows how long it will be available for. But it's really dependant on your tastes if it's worth it or not:

From TheSimsVIP site:

The “Life of the Party” content comes with two brand new outfits for male and female Sims (Teens – Adults – Elders), and the Flaming Tiki Bar (bonus drink recipes included). - This is the one you already have from your Limited Edition Code.

The “Up All Night” content comes complete with Face Paint (Teens – Elders), a laser light object (non-interactive), new decorations and objects, two new party types, and new recipes. - This one adds quite a bit of new gameplay.

The Awesome Animal Hats are available in Create-a-Sim for Sims of all ages. - It adds a hat for almost every emotion that can be worn by any Sim except for Babies, it gives them an emotion boost.

The Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack Automatically installs in your game. Find the tracks in the game options. - For some reason this is already in my game I think.

Overall it's up to you to decide if 2-3/4 of these are really worth the price of $14, P.S. you could always wait for a sale!
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Mmm no
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TheJokerLives99TheJokerLives99 Posts: 237 Member
    Thanks for the opinons guys! I'm going to see if the price goes down before I buy it :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd suggest saving the money toward Game Packs and EPs instead. Those have been much better value.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I personally suggest never buying any expansion packs or game packs either on full price, wait for them to get on sale so that you'll spend less cash and it'll feel like they're more worth it ;)
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    edited April 2015
    Not really worth it, if it was half price, then yes....maybe. That tiki bar and that light thing are nice.
    I bought it buy accident when a little alcoholically refreshed thinking it was Outdoor Retreat (I followed a 10% off link which turned out to be fraudulent and in a blurry haze didn't really check the title of what I was agreeing to)

Luckily I managed to justify the purchase by making my main character wear the hot-dog outfit and go on post-modern rampages to get my money's worth.
    It now turns out to be the best purchase I made, but I think I'm in a very small minority who thinks this.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Comment deleted.
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Hi,

I say yes! It comes with the new hamburger cake and my favourite dress in the entire game:

17181066105_011abc43ba_c.jpg

Edit: Here is the picture of the hamburger cake (source goes to tumblr as it's not my image):

tumblr_ndc8ntbgob1qhc5hso1_500.png

That dress is my fav & the hamburger cske is cute...but those 2 virtual items are not worth $14. I would wait for the price to go down.
  • Options
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Hi,

I say yes! It comes with the new hamburger cake and my favourite dress in the entire game:

17181066105_011abc43ba_c.jpg

Edit: Here is the picture of the hamburger cake (source goes to tumblr as it's not my image):

tumblr_ndc8ntbgob1qhc5hso1_500.png

That dress is my fav & the hamburger cske is cute...but those 2 virtual items are not worth $14. I would wait for the price to go down.

Agreed. Those items don't really effect gameplay so it isn't worth that much.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited April 2015
    $15 is very cheap. Those content worth $10000 in my opinion. <3
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2015
    I use almost everything from it not including that clown outfit. $15 is a little too much especially if you're only going to use one item.

I'm just a sucker for extra content.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I bought when it was on sale for 5 euros. It was worthy. I love the costume party (cause you can throw in any lot, including nightclub) and I like the black and white bash, you can make it at the museum and I love it, with piano and everybody dressed in elegant formal black or white clothes. Is very elegant. I dunno, how you like playing, but I like parties, I like cocktails, I like costume parties, so I think it was very worthy.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yes - watch for sales - as I too waited and picked it up on sale during Christmas sales for under 10 dollars. I do like some of the outfits and the bar fits the jungle like lot I have it on for my outdoorsy bachelor. But you really can't go by me very much as Sims 4 is not exactly something i am investing in any further - i got that and the camping gp - but no eps. I won't buy a single other thing or a single ep until the make the base game the way I feel it should be. if they never do - then I won't have any regrets of wasting money on a game that to me is as far from a Sims series game as it can possibly get - with absolutely nothing going for it for the play style I play the Sims series. I was still in their corner and believing a change for the better was coming up until the December patch was also a disappointment to me - Then they further alienated me when they moved away from the open, sharing chats and discussion and began no commenting us to death - which was a rule with the former CEO, but not the rule before him and he has been gone over a year - but to me they hide behind no comment - and then slowly stop the chats - heck they are not even here on the main forum anymore. i just know we used to know month in advance what was coming - they had no issues telling us all the patches that were coming thru DEC - but suddenly every thing is back to no comment and constant not holding chats. A chat with an ep does not count, even JR days we had those. A chat where "no comment" is not an answer. An answer is either yes or no. No comment ifs like pleading the 5th in a court hearing - you look bad, you look guilty. Honest people give answers where I come from.

I know that Andrew Wilson supported chatting and sharing with the Simmers - so the blame is not the rule or the suits under Andrew nor was it that way before JR came as all of us know who have been here since there was a sims game period. Those days we knew all about the first ep when we got the base game for crying out loud - so that is bogus about not commenting on stuff being worked on. i actually think they are hiding behind no comment because they are not fixing what we are missing - thinking it will keep us buying and waiting. What else can I believe? But the fact remains i would not buy anything else for Sims 4 the same as if they announced they were not adding the missing either, but at least I would still respect them for being honest instead of hiding like a scared child. I'd also go quiet and stop coming here period - but either way i won't buy or invest in a game that i cannot enjoy in the state it is in where my game style play does not mean a thing.

Believe me I am considering contacting Andrew Wilson myself and finding out from him did he change the rules he stated when he got his position to CEO of all Divisions in EA being open with us customers and never selling us an unfinished game or not - seeing I am seeing what we saw under JR again - and not at all what Andrew said. Inquiring minds want to know. I do know 15 plus years with Sims and an additional 7 years with EA before that, earns me an answer if i have to snail mail Mr. Wilson, I will, as my patience has nearly ran out completely. The man said we'd not have an unfinished game - when we paid the price of a triple AAA game that was finished. It's been over 7 months - and where I stand I gave them 100 bucks now and still stuck with a game I cannot enjoy because the base game is not finished. Why on earth would I be foolish enough to spend money adding eps to an unfinished base game anyway? Nor am I talking about a complete game like things that only come in eps - I am solely talking about the base game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ShivaShiva Posts: 111 Member
    > @Sul5ul said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I say yes! It comes with the new hamburger cake and my favourite dress in the entire game:
    >
    >
    >
    > Edit: Here is the picture of the hamburger cake (source goes to tumblr as it's not my image):

$14... for a virtual hamburger cake?
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The Sims 4 upgrade is worth it no matter what. ;)
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »

Hey do you know something I don't know Colton. We are getting an upgrade? When?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

On February 31 2016.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    ShivaShiva Posts: 111 Member
    > @xBob18 said:
    > Writin_Reg wrote: »
    >
    > colton147 wrote: »
    >
    > The Sims 4 upgrade is worth it no matter what.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey do you know something I don't know Colton. We are getting an upgrade? When?
    >
    >
    >
    > On February 31 2016.

Now, don't be ridiculous!

It's on the 30th Feb.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

The upgrade thingy for digital deluxe. B)
  • Options
    Oh - okay. I have that. It was more stuff. I like the short's set for the female a lot. I never had sparkly shorts before.

See i do like something about Sims 4.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Basically read this article: http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/31/the-sims-4-limited-edition-vs-deluxe-edition-compared/

It compares the differences between the two and what objects and outfit items that come with it. It won't improve gameplay, but it is like a DLC download that were common in the Sims 3 store.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

On February 31 2016.

LOL. I figure I ought to just write lol's now a days when I laugh seeing some people think when you click lol you are disagreeing. So to just clarify - I chuckled - then thought to myself, hmmm you have more faith than I do even 10 months in the future thinking they will still be thinking of us unhappy sorts and actually believing we would still be waiting....

THat's way more patience than I believe I could ever muster even on really important real life stuff - I highly doubt I , for one, would still be willing to continue to hang around to get my base game to at least resemble a Sims series base game -

If by some remote chance i did that i would hope my family takes a hint i am unwell and puts me in the proper facility for the insane where i should be put if I am willing to hang on by a thread of no comments from DEv's that long into the future. But to your credit it was much more sensible than if you had said 2020. Actually if i am even alive in 2020 - it will be a miracle and perhaps i would be so elated it would not matter anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Shiva wrote: »
    > @xBob18 said:
    > Writin_Reg wrote: »
    >
    > colton147 wrote: »
    >
    > The Sims 4 upgrade is worth it no matter what.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey do you know something I don't know Colton. We are getting an upgrade? When?
    >
    >
    >
    > On February 31 2016.

Now, don't be ridiculous!

It's on the 30th Feb.

Like i would fall for that one. Not gonna happen. But say are you really a Dev (xBob too) as that sounds about equivalent to the No comment we get for an answer now a days. Surprised they haven't tried those dates themselves figuring we were not smart enough to pick up on that.

Must give you both credit though - for good quick wits for sure. LOL to you too- I did laugh.

In dreams - I LIVE!