Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the likelihood of toddlers returning?

Hi All,

I don't know whether toddlers will be making a debut in Sims 4. I'm kind of hopeful that they will but there has been no further information on them.

What do you all think?
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm really doubtful at this stage. It's the main thing that Simmers want yet there's been no word on them.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Disappointing really. You would think after seven months from launch that further information would have been released.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I guess until they finish making toddlers no words will ever come out. :#
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I would like to think that it's possible and that they will return.
    To me, it's still early days given that the average lifespan for each Generation is around 4 years, we're only 7 months into this one, so still hopeful.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    unfortunatelly this is the new sims
    from baby to 8 years old kis, then to their adult tall
  • Options
    SakuraJonesSakuraJones Posts: 72 Member
    It's a marketing thing.
    They wont say anything about it until their half-way satisfied with what they've come up with.
    Like with huge video games, Kingdom Hearts 3/any Final Fantasy game, they don't give us anything until they have something worth while to give and then it's just a minute 20 second video or a few pictures, you know.
    I think with the backlash from Simmers about the toddlers, they're working on it, but they're not going to release any pics or word about it until they're comfortable with the product.
    If they did say something before that time, it would make everyone go crazy asking for it now, right this second. That will only make them rush and give us a half-blah toddler.
    Just my option.
  • Options
    It's a marketing thing.
    They wont say anything about it until their half-way satisfied with what they've come up with.
    Like with huge video games, Kingdom Hearts 3/any Final Fantasy game, they don't give us anything until they have something worth while to give and then it's just a minute 20 second video or a few pictures, you know.
    I think with the backlash from Simmers about the toddlers, they're working on it, but they're not going to release any pics or word about it until they're comfortable with the product.
    If they did say something before that time, it would make everyone go crazy asking for it now, right this second. That will only make them rush and give us a half-blah toddler.
    Just my option.

if I guide with your comment, could be than maxis is working on toddlers but whant make them better and more complete tha at TS3 then are waiting to have it done at all before annunce them?

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I dont think we'll get them. Its too "hard". This is why i've come to hate the series, we're being ignored and instead of hearing the devs say "we'll figure something out" we get "its too hard so we just gonna scrap the idea."
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    I think we will get toddlers back. I remember they once said adding pools to the game was not possible, or easy... whatever they said. So I think it's possible they will add toddlers into the game at some point.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    No word at this point in time is utter ridiculous. We probably won't be getting them.

Wow. This thread again!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes I'm fully confident we will get them before the year is out. :smile:

This.
    No word at this point in time is utter ridiculous. We probably won't be getting them.

Wow. This thread again!

And the second part of this :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I dont think we'll get them. Its too "hard". This is why i've come to hate the series, we're being ignored and instead of hearing the devs say "we'll figure something out" we get "its too hard so we just gonna scrap the idea."

Erm, when did they say that though? If anything, I keep seeing the gurus saying things like "we're hearing you" and "we can't talk about future content" when asked about toddlers. So in my opinion, that's actually a sign that they might be working on them but they probably won't say a thing until they are at least 90% done. The fact that they are "hard" to make is probably the reason why we haven't heard anything about their return so far.

Personally, I do think we will get toddlers. Probably sooner than later. I always say, let's wait until the second EP, if we don't get a word on toddlers by then, then we can start getting suspicious about their inclusion but at this point, I think it's still early. They've been working on GTW since before the game was released, so it makes sense that was the first EP. Let's see how things go from now on.
  • Options
    SakuraJonesSakuraJones Posts: 72 Member
    > @leo3487 said:
    > SakuraJones wrote: »
    >
    > It's a marketing thing.
    > They wont say anything about it until their half-way satisfied with what they've come up with.
    > Like with huge video games, Kingdom Hearts 3/any Final Fantasy game, they don't give us anything until they have something worth while to give and then it's just a minute 20 second video or a few pictures, you know.
    > I think with the backlash from Simmers about the toddlers, they're working on it, but they're not going to release any pics or word about it until they're comfortable with the product.
    > If they did say something before that time, it would make everyone go crazy asking for it now, right this second. That will only make them rush and give us a half-blah toddler.
    > Just my option.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > if I guide with your comment, could be than maxis is working on toddlers but whant make them better and more complete tha at TS3 then are waiting to have it done at all before annunce them?

Okay, I couldn't understand this very well, sorry.
    Are you asking if Maxis is working on toddlers, but won't make them better/more complete than on TS3?
    And that Maxis is waiting to announce them when they're 100% done with the toddlers?
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Still hoping that they will return. Hope dies last.
  • Options
    > @leo3487 said:
    > SakuraJones wrote: »
    >
    > It's a marketing thing.
    > They wont say anything about it until their half-way satisfied with what they've come up with.
    > Like with huge video games, Kingdom Hearts 3/any Final Fantasy game, they don't give us anything until they have something worth while to give and then it's just a minute 20 second video or a few pictures, you know.
    > I think with the backlash from Simmers about the toddlers, they're working on it, but they're not going to release any pics or word about it until they're comfortable with the product.
    > If they did say something before that time, it would make everyone go crazy asking for it now, right this second. That will only make them rush and give us a half-blah toddler.
    > Just my option.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > if I guide with your comment, could be than maxis is working on toddlers but whant make them better and more complete tha at TS3 then are waiting to have it done at all before annunce them?

Okay, I couldn't understand this very well, sorry.
    Are you asking if Maxis is working on toddlers, but won't make them better/more complete than on TS3?
    And that Maxis is waiting to announce them when they're 100% done with the toddlers?

Sorry my badenglish
    I was saying, and perhaps you too. than maybe maxis is working at toddlers but no want say nothing until have them at a point better than they was at TS3
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    It's hard not to be skeptical about us not getting toddlers. A guru said given their budget on OR it would have taken them over 2 years to make a bear.

I don't have a lot of faith in their capabilities or their budget.

We still may have a chance though since it's thought that they were working on toddlers before the game came out and that they just didn't finish them.

There's no way to know for sure. If they never added toddlers back I think it would be an awful idea but I wouldn't be surprised.

There's really no telling how well toddlers would have been made even if we do get them back.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Toddlers will be back but as clones of babies but with hair and attached to a play pen

Watch out for incest bugs though, soon toddlers will have relationships with everyone and everything. Soon toddlers will have relationships with the objects around them.

A Sim who is a romantic interest with a toilet, who would have ever thought that up? :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »
    It's hard not to be skeptical about us not getting toddlers. A guru said given their budget on OR it would have taken them over 2 years to make a bear.

I don't have a lot of faith in their capabilities or their budget.

We still may have a chance though since it's thought that they were working on toddlers before the game came out and that they just didn't finish them.

There's no way to know for sure. If they never added toddlers back I think it would be an awful idea but I wouldn't be surprised.

There's really no telling how well toddlers would have been made even if we do get them back.

That's given their budget on OR, i.e., they got x number of people to do the work. For all we know there's a team of 10 creating toddlers right now, with a budget for that.

We have no reason to believe one way or another. If they don't say anything, it's entirely guesswork.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Toddlers will be back but as clones of babies but with hair and attached to a play pen

Watch out for incest bugs though, soon toddlers will have relationships with everyone and everything. Soon toddlers will have relationships with the objects around them.

A Sim who is a romantic interest with a toilet, who would have ever thought that up? :smiley:

Thats why Im not much adept than Toddlers come at same EP than Pets :grimace:
  • Options
    leo3487 wrote: »

Thats why Im not much adept than Toddlers come at same EP than Pets :grimace:

Pets will be attached to kennels and bugs will include pets growing up into Sims and Sims growing up into pets just to spice the game up a bit more. Sure, it won't be like the old Sims games but at least people might start to laugh
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think so. Based on player reactions, toddlers are a huge dealbreaker for a lot of players.

Also, people have found traces in the game files that hint toward the future inclusion of toddlers. I'm not sure if they're genuine, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »

Erm, when did they say that though? If anything, I keep seeing the gurus saying things like "we're hearing you" and "we can't talk about future content" when asked about toddlers. So in my opinion, that's actually a sign that they might be working on them but they probably won't say a thing until they are at least 90% done. The fact that they are "hard" to make is probably the reason why we haven't heard anything about their return so far.

Personally, I do think we will get toddlers. Probably sooner than later. I always say, let's wait until the second EP, if we don't get a word on toddlers by then, then we can start getting suspicious about their inclusion but at this point, I think it's still early. They've been working on GTW since before the game was released, so it makes sense that was the first EP. Let's see how things go from now on.

The thing about future content is just marketing jargon. As is "we hear you", it means virtually nothing besides they know it's something players want.

I don't hold high hopes that we will get toddlers sooner versus layer, because if we do it would be a last ditch attempt to save the game. They would have to add in animations and redo the whole object carrying system that's currently in place before they even started adding toddler assets. They developed babies attached to bassinets to cut the complexity of developing babies that could be carried around, without that the addition of toddlers would be incredibly useless. They said in the thread about babies being attached to cribs that they have no plans currently to free them, so that should also be taken as a hint that they are not developing toddlers at this time.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited April 2015
    I am of the opinion, that no news is good news. At least EA isn't telling us "things change", which is essentially the kiss of death. So, I remain hopeful. I do believe they are working on them. If we can believe what was stated up front as the reason toddlers were cut, that they needed more time to finish the animations required, then it truly is a matter of time. I just hope they make it worth while. I was grossly disappointed in both the babies and toddlers from Sims3. They cut back so far on their interactions, it was almost pointless. No wonder many jumped from toddler to child! I hung with it, just to get them trained to give my children that extra boost. But, it wasn't as much fun to play them as in Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I am of the opinion, that no news is good news. At least EA isn't telling us "things change", which is essentially the kiss of death. So, I remain hopeful. I do believe they are working on them. If we can believe what was stated up front as the reason toddlers were cut, that they needed more time to finish the animations required, then it truly is a matter of time. I just hope they make it worth while. I was grossly disappointed in both the babies and toddlers from Sims3. They cut back so far on their interactions, it was almost pointless. No wonder many jumped from toddler to child! I hung with it, just to get them trained to give my children that extra boost. But, it wasn't as much fun to play them as in Sims2.

Never a problem for me
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mercy55funmercy55fun Posts: 78 Member
    I wish the toddlers were back cause I had the wife have a baby which is now a child and then I wanted her to have another one but then they will the same unless I make her be a teenager which then she will look all big beside her little brother or sister. It just don't seem normal lol. I had so much fun with my toddlers. I enjoyed teaching them all the things they needed to learn. Now with them just laying in the bassinet it's just so boring.