Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Build Prison Cell On Your basement

that's my question : in the trailer to the new EP it said you can build your own Prison Cell in your Basement
So .... How ?? how to lock the door ? where's the jail door in the first place ?

Comments

• Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    you got to unlock it
  • Options
    ProzaaakProzaaak Posts: 2 New Member
    i unlocked everything with this cheat " bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement " it doesn't include any prison cell doors !
  • Options
    BlastboomBlastboom Posts: 175 Member
    I just use the chain link fence gate that unlocks from the detective career as a replacement.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    If your Sim gets to level 3 in the Detective career, they unlock all of the prison build and buy objects. Unfortunately, you can't actually use the door as a door. :( Hopefully a mod can fix that.
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    You need to use this cheat - bb.showhiddenobjects
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You can build a jail at home but it does not function as as jail. The panels to build the jail are just decorative unless I am missing something. Anyway, I was extremely disappointed!

I love the science career so far and the photography and baking. Was not pleased with the retail option.
  • Options
    Simminine5920Simminine5920 Posts: 5 New Member
    I was extremely disappointed too, so what I did was download 'Door Locks for TS4' from 'Mod The Sims' (exactly written like that in the search bar) and added a 'Chroma Door' to my cell and locked it to "NO SIMS". Hope I Helped :) Happy Simming. :D
  • Options
    PoodlexxPoodlexx Posts: 119 Member
    I add the jail gate as my door and it works.
  • Options
    lillybasslillybass Posts: 1 New Member
    i can get people into my jail it dose work and so dose the jail door as a door.
  • Options
    jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    When this was originally posted last year it did not work. The ability to lock doors was later added in a patch.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    When this was originally posted last year it did not work. The ability to lock doors was later added in a patch.

But the door doesn't work like it does in the jail. The detective in the jail can let Sims out with that door. Just locking the door for any or all Sims isn't the same thing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    It's only good for picture purpose.
    For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    Soap991013Soap991013 Posts: 1 New Member
    that's my question : in the trailer to the new EP it said you can build your own Prison Cell in your Basement
    So .... How ?? how to lock the door ? where's the jail door in the first place ?

In the search bar in build mode type up cell door instead hope that helps been looking how to do it as well for ages finally figured out.

• Options
    Izzy334Izzy334 Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys all you need to do is use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and you’ll get your doors :)
  • Options
    okjahazokjahaz Posts: 1 New Member
    The bb.showhiddenobjects won't work for me
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @okjahaz Please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top