Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Foster Care Challenge Part 45 ( 07/20)

frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
I have been thinking of starting a new Let's Play with a foster mom, and decided to go ahead and right up some rules. That way I stay consistent and others can try it if they wish! The goal is to raise 10 adopted "foster" children from baby to young adult while leveling the Homemaker profession from Nraas. The money from the career is analogous to the stipend real foster parents get from the government. That's why I'm calling it a foster care challenge instead of an adoption challenge, as IRL you pay big money to adopt rather than the government paying you.

Rules
  1. Start out as a single YA who immediately joins the Homemaker profession.
  2. You must adopt ("foster") a baby before the end of the first day.
  3. You are not allowed to make money through painting, writing, collecting, etc your job is to care for the family and home.
  4. The exception is having a small garden, as gardening earns homemaker experience.
  5. You are not allowed to use a maid, butler, repairman, or babysitter. Police and firefighters are okay.
  6. You are not allowed to travel without all children or go on the free vacation opportunity.
  7. Children must stay as babies for at least 2 days. Toddlers can be aged up once they learn the three toddler skills, children/teens once you get the message that they are on the honor role.
  8. You must teach toddlers their skills personally rather than using the premium content. You can only put them in the walker/playpen after they have learned walking/talking. Swings are okay since they don't teach any skills.
  9. Children are allowed to learn money making skills and teens are allowed to get part time jobs.
  10. Every time you get promoted you must adopt a new baby. If the house is full adopt a new baby as soon as the eldest ages to a YA and moves out.
  11. You don't have to move children out immediately after becoming YA unless you need the room, but they are not allowed to get full time jobs.
  12. The challenge ends once you are promoted to level 10 of the profession and your 9th child ages to YA.

I think that's it! I may come back and edit this over the next few days if I remember any rules I forgot to include. I haven't decided yet if you are allowed to take a spouse or have biological children. IRL most foster families have two parents I think and can have biological children, but having a spouse would make things much easier from a financial perspective. What do you think?

The mod used in my challenge is now available for download! It is the same as the Nraas Homemaker mod, only it goes up to 10 levels instead of 5. There are two versions, the casual one which I personally use and a challenging mode. We have been given the okay from Nraas to post these and they've also been thoroughly tested.

Homemaker Casual - http://www.mediafire.com/download/0bp8o5dfv2opq52/Homemaker_Casual.7z
Homemaker Challenging - http://www.mediafire.com/download/87a9l9ucki9z222/Homemaker_Challenging.7z
Post edited by frozenorangejuic on

Comments