Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GTW Retail Q&A by SimGuruGraham Via Twitter.

Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
I gather up most of the Q&A's from twitter, for your reading pleasure, enjoy :-) Happy Simming

grahamtweet_zpsahyhiv0f.png
retailtweet_zpsj75mjo5v.png

1_zps0ebys7x4.png
Perks in Get To Work are earned over time by successfully interacting with customers, selling items, and restocking your store.

2_zpsstjbmeja.png
Sure, dress 'em however you like.

3_zps4wzvhw91.png
Yup, you can own as many stores as you can afford.

4_zpslaeot5yi.png
There are four lots in Magnolia Promenade... a 40x30, 30x20, and two 20x20s. You can use them however you like.

5_zps8s5tjfd4.png
Definitely not. Bulldoze them, rebuild them, make them homes, or turn them into 4 additional gyms if it pleases you.

6_zpstdua9ucz.png
No. A few considerations went into this... We wanted to avoid memory/save file bloat that comes with storing a bunch of objects in Sim inventories of all the Sims around the world, we also didn't want you to switch to another household and find them broke due to shopping at your stores - or to run into the inverse and have them be unable to buy anything at your store due to being broke. On a side note - adjusting that should be a simple flip of a switch for a modder if they want to enable it play around with it :) What we do persist is the money your households make while you're not playing them... for example; if you go and shop at a store that another household owns, when you switch back to playing that household that owns that store, they will have actually made that money.

7_zpsthhaxwv2.png
Visually you could build it that way, but they won't operate independently. Each lot is a singular retail store.

8_zpspcibtny2.png
You could set up a store to sell both of those; but you'd be sharing employees & customers.

9_zpscb1gsk72.png
Yes, you can place multiple registers if you like.

10_zps1f9i3odi.png
They can be placed on any counter or island surface. Get To Work also includes some new larger counters for register placement.

11_zpsaezvmtsh.png
Yup, the move objects cheat and restocking play together just fine!

12_zpsh4nnif8d.png
It'll be selected separately - but as with all of the locations you're free to travel between them no matter where you live.

13_zpsucu3z9vx.png
Definitely.

14_zpsi1ymk6mt.png
The retail system was built specifically such that when more content releases it'll allow the creation of more types of stores.
I can't know the specifics of how it will work with everything we may make, but we want it to be a feature you continue to play.

15_zps3cbcwxtu.png
Hey CLP, the photo studio isn't one of the three stores coming in Magnolia Promenade. I'm sure there will be some on the Gallery you can grab to add to your neighborhood though.

16_zpscb9mcejr.png
Three employees is the max per store that you own - of course all 8 of your household Sims can also help run the store!
OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

Post edited by Dragon123561 on

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Thanks it is very useful
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I'm okay with this. I understand why NPC sims can't have those things they buy, although it can be modded, which I'm happy about.

I'm just bummed by the limit on employees being only 3. I hope those three could do their jobs properly.

I think I felt better now, although I'm still unforgiving about no home businesses.

i might as well wait for reviews first.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I am surprised that the new neighbourhood is a separate thing , not part of of existing world. So we are effectively having a new "world" with only 4 lots .... Weird
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I am surprised that the new neighbourhood is a separate thing , not part of of existing world. So we are effectively having a new "world" with only 4 lots .... Weird

Well in a way it's like GF. That only had a few lots in it and it was a new world.

OP: I'm actually okay with having three NPC employees. In OFB I didn't really hire that many sims anyway and the owner helped out a lot with the store.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    I'm not surprised about about the dumbing the EP yet still charging us a arm and leg. It make no sense to only have 3 employee to a store, what if you want to build walmart type store or have more then one store on a lot. how can 3 employee handle that. EA you need to listen to the fan or you will lose the sims forever.
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    Thanks.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Lots of terrific info! Thanks for reposting it here :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Thanks for putting it all in one spot! Appreciate the info.
    acee313 wrote: »
    I'm okay with this. I understand why NPC sims can't have those things they buy, although it can be modded, which I'm happy about.

I'm just bummed by the limit on employees being only 3. I hope those three could do their jobs properly.

I'm not so worried about that because I imagine you can fire just as easily as you hire. If you hire a real slacker, give them the boot!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Great info. Thanks for posting! :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Thanks for posting this!
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'm sure there will be a mod to have more employees, it seems like the sort of thing that should be moddable.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    THREE only THREE employees?! Wow, another con to add to the overflowing list of reasons to not buy.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    <3 I am very happy with this info it was straight to the point (something I love) and far as more than three employees...three is just fine with me i don't want to cut my financial pie in too many slices anyway, we have to remember the more employees we hire the more checks we must pay out..and that's coming from someone who deals with this all the time in RL

• Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    THREE only THREE employees?! Wow, another con to add to the overflowing list of reasons to not buy.

Are there any 'pros' on that list or are those ignorable? =P

@Dragon123561 Thanks for the information! I'm glad that they admit that some stuff can be modded if wanted, but for the general game they are limiting it for those that don't want the excess memory usage. It's more stable that way, and I'm assuming as well with the number of employees.

The news I was most excited about is that MP is going to be its own world. That means it has potential for expansion later on, don't you think? A whole shopping district potentially! To quote: "The retail system was build specifically such that when more content releases it'll allow creation for more types of stores." Upon first glance, this might mean just the retail system so that later on with new skills, hobbies, collectables, ect we'll be able to make stores for them. However, if they kept that in mind when they made MP as well, it makes me think they might be looking at future expansion of the world.

I could be wrong of course, but it's fun to think about!
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I'm glad they took modding into consideration at least with one thing (hopefully more).

I too am still upset about no home businesses, no new world (or just more lots), and sims not being able to visit the hospital but at least this GP doesn't seem to be a complete loss. Just wish they had been able to or willing to add in those features.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    Awesome I am more excited about this expansion pack now.
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    I love Graham :)

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    turnedintostoneturnedintostone Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2015
    aws200 wrote: »
    rtucker wrote: »
    I'm not surprised about about the dumbing the EP yet still charging us a arm and leg. It make no sense to only have 3 employee to a store, what if you want to build walmart type store or have more then one store on a lot. how can 3 employee handle that. EA you need to listen to the fan or you will lose the sims forever.
    acee313 wrote: »

I think I felt better now, although I'm still unforgiving about no home businesses.

i might as well wait for reviews first.

They may have chosen to cap employees at 3 so that it didn't cause lag or crashes and keeps the game stable. Think about it. If you have the max situation: a house of 8 sims working at the retail lot plus your three employees and any customers that show up... that could cause trouble with keeping the game stable. That's one of the reasons they keep the max household as 8 for stability's sake.

But like there are mods for larger households that say use at your own risk because of game stability, it might be a possibility to mod more employees more easily than say, home businesses.
    Fact: a thing that is indisputably the case.

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something; an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

A fact is a specific detail that is true based on objective proof. An opinion is an interpretation, judgment, or belief.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Dragon123561,
    Thank you for posting all this here. It sounds interesting to me. Glad to see the answers to some of the same questions I was hoping someone would ask since I don't use Twitter.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »

Well in a way it's like GF. That only had a few lots in it and it was a new world.

OP: I'm actually okay with having three NPC employees. In OFB I didn't really hire that many sims anyway and the owner helped out a lot with the store.

I continuously had over 5 employees at a time, each assigned to a different task, and that's not including family/house hold members.

It's kind of disappointing that they can't just tweak that number.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited March 2015
    Does aging happen across worlds? I haven't played more than one world at a time. I guess my biggest concern would be if my family owns a business in Magnolia and goes to work, then will the rest of my family age while I am gone?

Also, thanks for posting this. It answers a lot of questions.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    @Dragon123561

All this is good news, as far as I'm concerned, except for only being able to have one store per lot, but I kind of already expected that. I Imagine that unless we create a really huge store, three employs should be enough. Most small stores don't have a lot a people working there.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Does aging happen across worlds? I haven't played more than one world at a time. I guess my biggest concern would be if my family owns a business in Magnolia and goes to work, then will the rest of my family age while I am gone?

Yes aging happens across worlds since they are connected.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

Yes aging happens across worlds since they are connected.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I feel like 3 employees is plenty, my sim plus 3 employees which is super helpful that can help with sales and other main store processes. If the store is streamlined with a focus on either one type of items or not.