Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH A PRODUCER ON GET TO WORK! ILLNESSES, BABIES, GROUP SHOTS OH MY!

Hey guys recently i had the opportunity to interview a SimGuru on the upcoming Expansion pack Sims 4:Get to work! I Had the pleasure of interviewing SimGuruDave a Producer On Get to work! Check out the full interview below, With lots of new information including Babies, Illnesses, Group shots and more!

>> https://thesimscraper.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/group-shots-illnesses-babies-oh-my/

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Awesome!

Sad that we can't run home businesses though.

I think ill just make a home above the store with bed and toilet and stuff, so I don't have to travel that much!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Lots of exciting things about Retail and the Doctor career!! I'm disappointed only in that just our pregnant Sims, not our sick ones, will be able to go to the hospital, and that we can't have retail out of our homes, but that second one I didn't really expect anyway. (But maybe someday multiple-use lots could become a thing? That would be lovely.) Otherwise, Retail especially looks awesome!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I am very disappointed that sick sims can't go to the hospital to get well, I was really hoping for that. I am also disappointed that we can't run home businesses, that was my favorite part of OFB.

Thank you so much for providing this interview for us, it answered quite a few of my questions on the game :smile:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Awesome!

I think ill just make a home above the store with bed and toilet and stuff, so I don't have to travel that much!

I suppose that if we had a bed and kitchen and stuff we could just mostly avoid going "home" ...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    Awesome!

I suppose that if we had a bed and kitchen and stuff we could just mostly avoid going "home" ...

I was thinking that too, especially in a single sim household.
  • Options
    One thing: I am really disappointed about the lack of space this expansion offers.. (Or not offers... to be honest).

one retail district with 4 lots?.. Did EA still not learn that we wanted more lots?!

If we want more retail businesses we need to destroy houses and build it there.. it's very disappointing.
  • Options
    Awesome!

Yes, but before that I really hope the locked doors stuff will come back, since I don't want random sims in my house. x)
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Awesome!

Yes, but before that I really hope the locked doors stuff will come back, since I don't want random sims in my house. x)

I just DM'd BChick to ask this i completely forgot to add this into the Q&A
  • Options
    Awesome!

Thank you! We really need it for this EP, to keep Sims out of our Staff rooms and our Houses! ;P
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Huh. It didn't really say much about the world aspect of it and I still find it a bit confusing. So the hospital, police station, and scientist place are only venues added to existing worlds? And a new neighbourhood of 4 lots for retail?
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Awesome!

Thank you! We really need it for this EP, to keep Sims out of our Staff rooms and our Houses! ;P

SimGuruBChick has told me she cannot currently comment on it at this time, take it as you will but to me it suggests it could possibly be being worked on.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    Nice interview, it's answered some things that we've all been waiting to hear.
    Thanks for posting! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
  • Options
    YourraxusYourraxus Posts: 282 Member
    So basically sims can go to hospital only if they're pregnant? Lame..

Some news got me excited and some really put my hopes down.
  • Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Guys he said we can create retail districts. Clearly "You can create retail lots in the existing neighborhoods or move existing venues into the new neighborhood.". Relax we'll have more than 4 lots :). I think it's stupid though our sims can't visit the hospital when sick.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    One thing: I am really disappointed about the lack of space this expansion offers.. (Or not offers... to be honest).

one retail district with 4 lots?.. Did EA still not learn that we wanted more lots?!

If we want more retail businesses we need to destroy houses and build it there.. it's very disappointing.

@rudy8292 "You can create retail lots in the existing neighborhoods or move existing venues into the new neighborhood."

E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Guys he said we can create retail districts. Clearly "You can create retail lots in the existing neighborhoods or move existing venues into the new neighborhood.". Relax we'll have more than 4 lots :). I think it's stupid though our sims can't visit the hospital when sick.

No he did not.

He said "You can create retail LOTS in the existing neighborhoods or move existing venues into the new neighborhood."

We aren't creating new districts, we simply have the option to change one of the 42 lots we already have into a retail lot the same as we can change them currently to residential, museum, etc. The only lots being added are the 4 in magnolia prominade.

• Options
    Celiria wrote: »

No he did not.

He said "You can create retail LOTS in the existing neighborhoods or move existing venues into the new neighborhood."

We aren't creating new districts, we simply have the option to change one of the 42 lots we already have into a retail lot the same as we can change them currently to residential, museum, etc. The only lots being added are the 4 in magnolia prominade.

I apologize. That actually does suck.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    Okay I'm confused.... So I understand it is 4 new lots for the retail ... So where are the hospital,police and science lab added to? is it just these 3lots just added to oasis and willow? Can we build them in other places?
  • Options
    RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    I mean it's a bit of a disappointment that sick sims can't go to the doctors and be treated, although, had they put that feature in, I probably wouldn't like to hit that loading screen just to visit the hospital for treatment. However having both a 'order medicine' feature and a 'go to the hospital' option would have been nice.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Honestly I'm more disappointed that we have a very limited amount of lots. Granted we can change certain lots to add retail distructs in WS and OS but after Granite Falls limited lots you'd think they'd learn that limiting lots isn't exactly ideal.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    Honestly I'm more disappointed that we have a very limited amount of lots. Granted we can change certain lots to add retail distructs in WS and OS but after Granite Falls limited lots you'd think they'd learn that limiting lots isn't exactly ideal.
    I think this EP has been in production before Outdoor Retreat, so that is why it seems like we are getting less world things than in OR. Maybe they will change some things later, let's hope :/
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    I think this EP has been in production before Outdoor Retreat, so that is why it seems like we are getting less world things than in OR. Maybe they will change some things later, let's hope :/

They won't. This shows they haven't been listening.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    I'm actually fine with the four new lots thing. I mean how many stores do I really need? Or hospitals or police stations for that matter. I'm still kind of hoping I can bulldoze the park in Oasis Springs and build a mini mall though...i guess I could just make a super center if multiple registers wont work for seperate stores...yup I'm content
  • Options
    I'm actually fine with the four new lots thing. I mean how many stores do I really need? Or hospitals or police stations for that matter. I'm still kind of hoping I can bulldoze the park in Oasis Springs and build a mini mall though...i guess I could just make a super center if multiple registers wont work for seperate stores...yup I'm content

It works if you are only playing one family. But if you play more families you want to run businesses with, you're stuck with too less space. (Or you have to evict all your Sims and homes and build business there..)