Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why would people consider Sims 4 "Disney"

SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Not to mention those furniture and object..
Think about Disney's lighting..
Think about the flowing skirt..
the flying curtain..
moving hair..
swaying lamps..

Comments

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    It's because it looks like a cartoon. Something along the lines of what Pixar would do but not very close. I don't want to insult Pixar....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It's very easy to create Disney characters and CCs for the Sims 4 too. Kind of why I can get away with creating the Smurfs because of the cartoon aspect of the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited February 2015
    It kind of resembles Disney's 3D animated films when you look at it sideways, and it's also bright and colorful like something you'd expect from Disney.

I was wondering what it reminded me of, but the color palette seems to have a lot in common with that modern-day Tinkerbell cartoon. It's a good set of colors for what it is, but not what I'd expect for a Sims game.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I didn't expect it to look like a Barbie movie or the lack of texture. After Sims 3 it's hard to go back to a 3d version of Sims 1.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    the flying curtain..
    moving hair..
    swaying lamps..

Didn't you hear? Disney bought The Sims. ;)

They do have a contract with Disney for something or other.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    it looks like Toy Story but I'm not complaining
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Same reason they considered it in the sims 3 because they can play any way they like!
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Poisoned apples? I'm in!
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I love it. Reality is overrated ;p
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 4: Dinsney Life EP

Sims can now meet their favorite Disney characters in a stunning new experience, new town includes 25 lots of magic including Snow White's cottage and the Disney Castle (3 floors only) and new Disney clothing.

More than 50 pages of goal scripts for your Sims to play out Disney adventures and new emotions to re life that magical Disney experience in your game.

Bugs include Cinderella being in a relationship with the wicked step sisters and Sims getting stuck between loading screens while visiting the Magic Kingdom lot while Sims do not react to death in the stories.

New life state includes the seven dwarfs (clone of children) who have an emotion for each of their personalities.

A patch will be realised to fix issues three months later and will patch in the features they didn't have to to put in prior to release.

Pricing:
    USA: $70
    UK: £70
    Europe: €70
    Australia and New Zealand: $100
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    I actually call TS4 "Pixar Sims" when chatting with a friend about it. Everything about the game is cartoony. Graphics, jobs, skill building objects such as the microscope, observatory and rocketship. Once I accepted the game as the "Pixar Sims" it became more fun to play. I personally hate the graphics, but admit that I love the rocketship. :) I personally see the game as a radical departure from The Sims, but if one looks at it as a totally different game with a few gameplay aspects from the previous iterations, TS4 becomes more acceptable and more playable. At least it did for me.

We already have some Disney costumes. Think Star Wars. :wink:
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    The backgrounds look straight out of a LooneyTunes roadrunner & coyote cartoon.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Calling Sims 4 "Disney" is an insult to Disney. Disney can do real emotions.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Actually, Sims4 looks a LOT like The Land Before Time cartoon!

Seriously!

latest?cb=20080928054910

Tell me that the grass, the rocks, the sky doesn't look like its right from Sims4?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Seriously!

latest?cb=20080928054910

Tell me that the grass, the rocks, the sky doesn't look like its right from Sims4?

The grass looks better in your picture there.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Seriously!

latest?cb=20080928054910

I actually liked that cartoon as well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    the flying curtain..
    moving hair..
    swaying lamps..

Maaaaan Disney is da best!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Disney? I don't know.

I definitely get a pixar vibe though looking at the default hair which I am not fond of at all. Everything looks like its made from clay.

I wish we had Pixar hair. That would mean nowadays having awesome curly hair like Merida's in Brave.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2015
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    It kind of resembles Disney's 3D animated films when you look at it sideways, and it's also bright and colorful like something you'd expect from Disney.

I was wondering what it reminded me of, but the color palette seems to have a lot in common with that modern-day Tinkerbell cartoon. It's a good set of colors for what it is, but not what I'd expect for a Sims game.
    I was watching a Tinkerbell movie the other day and noticed that too. Especially the hair. I was amazed at the similarities. I was like it feels like I'm watching the Sims 4 on a movie, this feel weird.

Tinkerbell movies have better grass:
    tinkerbell_and_the_great_fairy_rescue_movie_image_01.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member

Sims can now meet their favorite Disney characters in a stunning new experience, new town includes 25 lots of magic including Snow White's cottage and the Disney Castle (3 floors only) and new Disney clothing.

More than 50 pages of goal scripts for your Sims to play out Disney adventures and new emotions to re life that magical Disney experience in your game.

Bugs include Cinderella being in a relationship with the wicked step sisters and Sims getting stuck between loading screens while visiting the Magic Kingdom lot while Sims do not react to death in the stories.

New life state includes the seven dwarfs (clone of children) who have an emotion for each of their personalities.

A patch will be realised to fix issues three months later and will patch in the features they didn't have to to put in prior to release.

Pricing:

buy buy buy! pre-order now!
  • Options

Pricing:

buy buy buy! pre-order now!

Be warned, the 'Magic Castle' is just a backdrop
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    It's because it looks like a cartoon. Something along the lines of what Pixar would do but not very close. I don't want to insult Pixar....
    I don't want to insult Disney either. Disney and Pixar produce quality in the cartoon department. Sims 4 just doesn't. Cartoon is more than just weird faces, it's about hitting the spot. Which in a way is far more difficult than realistic I think. The cartoon aspect of Sims 4 doesn't hit any spot for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    like others peoples told "don't insult" disney and pixar, they dont have "plastic hairs" without any move, or too low poligons graphics and they dont shout "too hard and too expensive" when working in they movies.
    this game haver cartoon graphics just this, not "disney graphics".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    The contract with Disney is for the Star Wars costumes (for those of you who don't know, Star Wars is now owned by Disney
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Same reason they considered it in the sims 3 because they can play any way they like!
    Not quite sure who you mean with "they" but whoever it is they have to play it without me. :p

This space is for rent.