JANUARY 11 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC! Check out what's fixed.

[Mac] CC/Mods not working? Look here!

colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
The file to delete is "Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods->Resource.cfg". The game will regenerate this file on launch in the correct Mac format and CC out of subdirectories will work again.

I hope this helps for those who use mods or custom content. ;)
tumblr_mh3ez7mPgL1r9jumao3_500.gif

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Bump... ;)
    tumblr_mh3ez7mPgL1r9jumao3_500.gif
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    So great to know Colton! I was so wondering if there were any necessary changes
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,412 Member
    This will not help crashes from script mods, that will be fixed in the next patch.
    WLfAA9V.png
    This will not help crashes from script mods, that will be fixed in the next patch.

?? :( are you saying current script mods arent mac compatible
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Script mods will crash the game at the moment.
    Figwit wrote: »
    Script mods will crash the game at the moment.
    thanks for the update
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 6,887 Member
    @ceejay402 - this is the thread to direct people to if you need to, it's really active and SimGuruModSquad is active on there :)
    -
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816105/will-cc-and-mods-work/p1
    apple-signature.png
  • Maria_ElenaMaria_Elena Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I know it’s kinda late but I have been having some issues with mods and CC not working on my mac and I’ve tried everything from updating the mac OS software to deleting the resource file. Is there anything that I can do?
    Hi, I know it’s kinda late but I have been having some issues with mods and CC not working on my mac and I’ve tried everything from updating the mac OS software to deleting the resource file. Is there anything that I can do?

What exactly is happening? Can you give me the name of a mod you're trying to use?

apple-signature.png
  • NickIsLameNickIsLame Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Maria_Elena wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I know it’s kinda late but I have been having some issues with mods and CC not working on my mac and I’ve tried everything from updating the mac OS software to deleting the resource file. Is there anything that I can do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What exactly is happening? Can you give me the name of a mod you're trying to use?

I'm also having a problem with mods not working. However, it's a huge group of mods that aren't working. I had like 4 mods in my folder, then I added like 25+ and they aren't loading into my game.
    Have the Mods been updated to work with the current patch version of the game?
    apple-signature.png
  • ItzEricaDuhhItzEricaDuhh Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I know I am way behind, but I am having trouble with me cc. one of the issues is that when I go to settings and press other all my mods says they're unable but when I look at where it shows all of my mods it is empty... Please help me someone!