Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will CC and Mods work

Comments

• nj1412nj1412 Posts: 50 Member
    Regarding CC- If i try to download new stuff it seems like its downloading as a document, not a package, and won't show up in game.
    - Sorry I just switched from PC to Mac so if thats a silly problem I apologize.
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    @nj1412 macs will often recognize a package file as a document because there is text in them. It should still work fine.
    NraasSignature.png
  • nj1412nj1412 Posts: 50 Member
    veiledstar wrote: »
    @nj1412 macs will often recognize a package file as a document because there is text in them. It should still work fine.

Ah, thanks. Do I need to install a new resource file besides the one thats already in there? That could be the problem.
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    nj1412 wrote: »

Ah, thanks. Do I need to install a new resource file besides the one thats already in there? That could be the problem.

Yes if you have multiple folders, that resource file won't work.
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited February 2015
    If you need to create subfolders, here is a link for a new resource file: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531644
    If you just have all your mods/CC in the mods folder loose, the resource file that was there to begin with should be fine.
    NraasSignature.png
    Also seems to crash with beanie download. :/
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    What are scrip mods exactly?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    Also, does anyone know why organizing mods into folders don't seem to be recognized? Mods in folders are completely ignored.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    That's because the resource file isn't made to recognize files within folders. You need to change the resource file to allow such folders to be allowed. See quote bellow.
    If you need to create subfolders, here is a link for a new resource file: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531644
    If you just have all your mods/CC in the mods folder loose, the resource file that was there to begin with should be fine.

• msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    Hi guys, if you could isolate which specific mods that appear to be causing crashes for you that would help us track down issues you are experiencing thanks.

Also note that if you have overridden you .sgr file you will need to make sure any directory paths it contains use a forward slash (i.e. "/") and not a backslash (i.e. "\"). Forward slash works on both windows and OSX, backslash just works on windows.

What does this mean exactly? I don't think I modified my .sgr file, but I copied my Sims 4 folder from my Bootcamp and just dumped into the Sims 4 folder MAC. I thought that was what I needed to do in order to get all my saves over to my MAC side.

HELP.
    I would like to be able to sort my CC into folders as well. I don't have any script mods right now, but I don't like having all my CC cluttering up my Mods folder.
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad: I noticed that the mac version is have a higher version number then the current windows version. A couple of questions about that:

1) Is there a difference when it comes to the code unrelated to the mac porting that could make mods not work properly?

2) Will the mac and windows code base be in sync with each other in the future, or will we have to have separate package or script files for mac and windows at times?

I just finished downloading the game on my mac and will check if my mods has any problems.

Edit: Is the "Enable Mood Sting" option new with this update? Have not seen it mentioned in the patch notes.
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
    Ah yes that might be it! I remember with TS3 some mods would be made useless after a new patch came out. Hopefully they will make their games both Mac and Windows in sync. :)
    If that's the case, hopefully mods will be easy to fix! I NEED MY CHEATS! LOL
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Update: Regarding the script mods crashing issue, we believe we have identified the problem and it will likely need a code patch to fix. I can't give a timeline right now but it's definitely on the radar.

@msarobix‌
    but I copied my Sims 4 folder from my Bootcamp and just dumped into the Sims 4 folder MAC

If you copied your SGR from the PC and are just using the default SGR generated by the game, please delete the SGR file on the Mac and the game will regenerate the file in the correct Mac format and should allow loading of CC from sub-directories.

@Fogity‌

There are some additional Mac-specific code fixes in this version which is why the latest PC version does not match today's release. This is unrelated to the mods problem. In the future expect Mac and PC releases to generally be in sync.
  • birdmanmamabirdmanmama Posts: 42 Member
    I have some cc male hair that crashes when I try to play
    (origin ID fioral (capital i)
    y4G83bh.gif
    ;) troyler ;)

@msarobix‌
    but I copied my Sims 4 folder from my Bootcamp and just dumped into the Sims 4 folder MAC

If you copied your SGR from the PC and are just using the default SGR generated by the game, please delete the SGR file on the Mac and the game will regenerate the file in the correct Mac format and should allow loading of CC from sub-directories.

Where is this file located?
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Yeah it seems to be script mods that crash the game. I just tried with one in and didn't even get to the play button. Took it out and now I'm in CAS creating a sim.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Update: Regarding the script mods crashing issue, we believe we have identified the problem and it will likely need a code patch to fix. I can't give a timeline right now but it's definitely on the radar.

Oh, bless you -- hopefully in time for the March patch, or at least before GTW? (The cookie offer still holds...) o:)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    @stilljustme2 For the script mod crash, you can expect it in the March patch. Thanks for the cookie offer but I should be baking you cookies, this one was my fault... I came up with faulty test case that let this get released.

@msarobix‌ The file to delete is "Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods->Resource.cfg". The game will regenerate this file on launch in the correct Mac format and CC out of subdirectories will work again.

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Yeah I tried this and it ended up making my game unplayable.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Hi @EAfan99 - what exactly did you try and how is the game unplayable? (i.e. does it crash on boot or something else)

OH wow thank you for this quick reply! :)
    edited February 2015
    If there is anything you need on our end to help let us know.
    Well now that you mention it.... Links to any Custom Content (not script mods) that are causing crashes would be great so we can diagnose. Thanks!