Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Mac] CC/Mods not working? Look here!

The file to delete is "Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods->Resource.cfg". The game will regenerate this file on launch in the correct Mac format and CC out of subdirectories will work again.

I hope this helps for those who use mods or custom content. ;)

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Bump... ;)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    So great to know Colton! I was so wondering if there were any necessary changes
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    This will not help crashes from script mods, that will be fixed in the next patch.
    WLfAA9V.png
    This will not help crashes from script mods, that will be fixed in the next patch.

?? :( are you saying current script mods arent mac compatible
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Script mods will crash the game at the moment.
    Figwit wrote: »
    Script mods will crash the game at the moment.
    thanks for the update
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @ceejay402 - this is the thread to direct people to if you need to, it's really active and SimGuruModSquad is active on there :)
    -
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816105/will-cc-and-mods-work/p1
    apple-signature.png
  • Maria_ElenaMaria_Elena Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I know it’s kinda late but I have been having some issues with mods and CC not working on my mac and I’ve tried everything from updating the mac OS software to deleting the resource file. Is there anything that I can do?
    Hi, I know it’s kinda late but I have been having some issues with mods and CC not working on my mac and I’ve tried everything from updating the mac OS software to deleting the resource file. Is there anything that I can do?

What exactly is happening? Can you give me the name of a mod you're trying to use?

apple-signature.png
  • NickIsLameNickIsLame Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Maria_Elena wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I know it’s kinda late but I have been having some issues with mods and CC not working on my mac and I’ve tried everything from updating the mac OS software to deleting the resource file. Is there anything that I can do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What exactly is happening? Can you give me the name of a mod you're trying to use?

I'm also having a problem with mods not working. However, it's a huge group of mods that aren't working. I had like 4 mods in my folder, then I added like 25+ and they aren't loading into my game.
    Have the Mods been updated to work with the current patch version of the game?
    apple-signature.png
  • ItzEricaDuhhItzEricaDuhh Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I know I am way behind, but I am having trouble with me cc. one of the issues is that when I go to settings and press other all my mods says they're unable but when I look at where it shows all of my mods it is empty... Please help me someone!
  • sb123sb123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have not been able to download any mods on to my sims game and I think it it because I am missing my resource.cfg file. No matter what I do I cannot retrieve it (reinstalling sims, repairing sims, restarting my computer etc), I am getting very frustrated and already talked to ea about it and they told me to come here. Someone please help me figure out how to get mods on my game!!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? That is the only way to "get" the file back unless you have Time Machine or a back up copy of your hard drive from when you originally installed the game.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Dragging the Sims 4 folder to the desktop will force the game to recreate a new one when you re-launch the game so a new resource.cfg file will be recreated. Unless you’re using an app that purports to get rid of unwanted files or have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud?
    apple-signature.png
  • AMurAMur Posts: 2 New Member
    So I know this is probably a shot in the dark but I’m having trouble being able to get CC on my game. I downloaded it and put it into the mods folder but it won’t show in CAS. I have the CC box and the script mod box check in the game settings. I’ve also tried to generate a new sims 4 folder (I moved it to my desktop then started the game) but it didn’t generate. Any help would be welcome!
  • QueenesonQueeneson Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone, I’m having a really hard time getting CC/Mods to work at all. I’ve tried everything and have talked to numerous people until I was directed here. I don’t know what to do at this point I feel like I’ve tried everything! Please help.
  • Simmerforlife29Simmerforlife29 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi. so on another chat i fixed my game, but now none of my mods and cc show up! Can you help me?
    Simmerforlife29
  • daisydewdaisydew Posts: 1 New Member
    HALP. My CC suddenly disappeared. It was all showing up in my CAS and in build mode, but yesterday I downloaded a few things to add and once I went back into the game 95% of my CC wasn't showing up anymore. When the game starts up the list does come up for Mods, but it's only showing a small percentage of the Mods. I already checked in my options and everything is check marked, I tried restarting the game, I tried taking all of my mods out of the subfolders and putting them directly into the Mods folder (which sucks if that wasn't even the issue because it was working fine in subfolders and is now all jumbled). All of the CC is still in the folder, nothing disappeared.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It sounds like one piece that you downloaded is now interfering with the rest of your CC. You'll have to narrow down which piece it is and remove it. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this and you'll have to enter just a few pieces of CC at a time to see which pieces show up and which do not. I mark mine by using the color coding for files (Right click on a file and the options for this will appear) and then narrow down which piece is not working through process of elimination.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • unicorn_h0eunicorn_h0e Posts: 4 New Member
    I need help!!
    When the game updates, I always take my mods out of my folder and put them back.
    When I had the latest update, I put my mods back, restarted the game and ticked 'allow mods'
    But the mods that were applied to my sims eg. eyelashes/makeup (all of that) disappeared on my sims.
    (but they still come up in the editing your sims in CAS)
    I cannot be bothered to go through all of my sims and re-apply all of the CC that I had previously placed on them.
    I have tried everything ?
    -Restarted the game
    -I got my saved sims from the gallery- the CC is on the saved sims, but it doesn't show up in in CAS (Maybe i saved it twice? Is that possible)
    Also, for example, careers wise, if I were to replace the CC free sim to the saved CC sim (from my personal gallery) the career would be restarted (which makes sense, but I just want the CC that was on the Sims to BE THERE)
    -Sorted out ALL of my 500+ mods and put them in folders, added them back to electronic arts mods folder one at a time....
    -Got rid of bad CC/Mods

Computer: Mac OS Sierra :)