Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aperture Laboratories Mafia - MAFIA WINS

thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
aperture_laboratories_by_travieamaterasu-d3f8xpz.png

Welcome to Aperture Laboratories! You have been forced selected to take part in multiple tests to test your cognitive abilities on solving problems. During each test, you will be deciding on which of you androids is a member of the Android Mafia. But remember - Android HeIl is a real place, and that is where you will be sent on the first sign of defiance.
Post edited by thesims3boy on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Just a normal vanilla.

Mafia, Doc, Cop, and town.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Players:

1. CM
    2. Skelda - 1st NIGHTKILLED, doctor
    3. Lissa
    4. Caro
    5. Emily
    6. Renee
    7. Nerdy
    8. Joel
    9. Awelle
    10. Katie
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    I don't like how all of the roles have names and the names are listed. How are the Mafia supposed to claim anything?

I don't feel like playing a broken game.
  • Options
    This game is susceptible to a massclaim Day 1, actually. Town would automatically win it.
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    Yeah, Harry, this is very broken.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    You shoulder honestly just create three more names and randomly choose 3 to give to the Mafia as fakeclaims. That fixes it completely.
  • Options
    I totally goofed and copied the wrong list with the actual roles and I am completely capable of fixing it without suggestions. It's a shame you don't want to play, Skelda.
  • Options
    I obviously want to play if it is fixed, Harry. Sheez.
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    I'll play :)
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    I was going to take a mafia break, but hey, I have plenty of free time this weekend so I can take a break next week.
  • Options
    SheldonlySheldonly Posts: 6,103 Member
    Skelda wrote: »
    You shoulder honestly just create three more names and randomly choose 3 to give to the Mafia as fakeclaims. That fixes it completely.

Giving mafia fakeclaims is giving them an advantage. Make them do some of the freaking work! Jesus that really annoys me.
    Day starts are like "We live in a happy town, everything is fine but we'd rather lynch someone just in case!"
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 51 ||Games Won: 31
    Mafia: 4 ||Third: 7 ||Town: 39 ||Alien: 1
    NK: 19 ||Lynched: 7 ||Alive: 25

• Options
    And Portal <3 The best game ever!
    Day starts are like "We live in a happy town, everything is fine but we'd rather lynch someone just in case!"
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    Renee, he originally had every VT named and the names revealed. Mafia could not win if it was left like that. Fakeclaims would have given them a shot. Sure, it'd be helping them, but with every VT named it is needed.

I prefer that Mafia aren't caught by randomly guessing the wrong name, personally. I don't think making flavor completely irrelevant is giving Mafia an advantage, especially if Town are told about it. Not revealing roles on death gives Mafia and advantage. Giving them fakeclaims allows you to give flavor without it having any effect on the game. It basically allows you to balance as if flavor didn't exist.

Now, if you want the flavor to have an effect on the game and worked that into your balance, I guess that is fine. But I don't think flavor should matter, personally. And fakeclaims fix games that otherwise are broken in favor of the Town.

So for example...

Five person game. Disney Princess Mafia

VTs- Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Belle
    Mafia- Evil Queen

Would giving the Mafia a fakeclaim make the Mafia have an unfair advantage? Would the Mafia deserve to be lynched because they picked a princess to claim that someone else happened to have? How are Mafia supposed to know what you did and did not decide to include in flavor? It turns Mafia into a game of randomly picking a princess and praying that they aren't included.

And if the list of roles included in the game was made D1, Town could win via massclaim without fakeclaims.
  • Options
    Now, if you are giving the scun full roles to fakeclaim, like "There is no Tracker in this game. You can safely fakeclaim that." then that is giving them an advantage usually. But just giving them safe flavor fakeclaims is completely acceptable and even needed sometimes.
  • Options
    I don't believe in telling mafia "fake claim this" It's unfair. Town isn't given an advantage of knowing what flavor is in the game, so why should mafia? If there are flavored roles, no one should know exactly what is in it, it makes it more fun, and exciting that way.
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Renee, he originally had every VT named and the names revealed. Mafia could not win if it was left like that. Fakeclaims would have given them a shot. Sure, it'd be helping them, but with every VT named it is needed.

I prefer that Mafia aren't caught by randomly guessing the wrong name, personally. I don't think making flavor completely irrelevant is giving Mafia an advantage, especially if Town are told about it. Not revealing roles on death gives Mafia and advantage. Giving them fakeclaims allows you to give flavor without it having any effect on the game. It basically allows you to balance as if flavor didn't exist.

Now, if you want the flavor to have an effect on the game and worked that into your balance, I guess that is fine. But I don't think flavor should matter, personally. And fakeclaims fix games that otherwise are broken in favor of the Town.

So for example...

Five person game. Disney Princess Mafia

VTs- Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Belle
    Mafia- Evil Queen

Would giving the Mafia a fakeclaim make the Mafia have an unfair advantage? Would the Mafia deserve to be lynched because they picked a princess to claim that someone else happened to have? How are Mafia supposed to know what you did and did not decide to include in flavor? It turns Mafia into a game of randomly picking a princess and praying that they aren't included.

And if the list of roles included in the game was made D1, Town could win via massclaim without fakeclaims.

When I basically learn my lesson after my OUAT Mafia after I listed every single role which caused the game to be broken and I don't want history to repeat itself. Though since my next Mafia is an U-Pick mafia where nobody (including me) exactly knows all of the roles before the game begins, it should be less broken.

Also, I believe I am taking a break from Mafia this week but I will be joining the Mafia game next week (which should be Joel's mafia).
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    You should definitely have more flavor roles than the game calls for, but no one should know exactly what is in the game, town or mafia.

For example, I have 16 roles for a game, and it's flavored Soda Pop flavors, so instead I list 24 soda pop flavors that could possibly be in the game.
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    Sheldonly wrote: »
    You should definitely have more flavor roles than the game calls for, but no one should know exactly what is in the game, town or mafia.

For example, I have 16 roles for a game, and it's flavored Soda Pop flavors, so instead I list 24 soda pop flavors that could possibly be in the game.

And what happens if Mafia picks one of the Soda pop flavors that Town has? They get lynched through no fault of their own?

If I were hosting that game, I would give the Mafia soda pop flavors too as roles, though, so they could just use their actual roles. No soda flavors are inherently evil (except maybe grape) so Mafia could get away with claiming their flavor roles.

The issue arises when the Mafia are given roles that are clearly evil and the Town are given clearly good roles. Town don't need additional info because they don't need to lie about anything, but for Mafia it comes down to a guess at what the mod probably didn't include if they can't claim their real role. And if the Mafia is forced to claim obviously obscure characters, that is suspicious.

Including fakeclaims gives the Mafia no more of an advantage than not including flavor at all does.
  • Options
    Let's keep it cute
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Sheldonly wrote: »

And what happens if Mafia picks one of the Soda pop flavors that Town has? They get lynched through no fault of their own?

If I were hosting that game, I would give the Mafia soda pop flavors too as roles, though, so they could just use their actual roles. No soda flavors are inherently evil (except maybe grape) so Mafia could get away with claiming their flavor roles.

The issue arises when the Mafia are given roles that are clearly evil and the Town are given clearly good roles. Town don't need additional info because they don't need to lie about anything, but for Mafia it comes down to a guess at what the mod probably didn't include if they can't claim their real role. And if the Mafia is forced to claim obviously obscure characters, that is suspicious.

Including fakeclaims gives the Mafia no more of an advantage than not including flavor at all does.

Fakeclaiming is a risk. That's part of the game. Even with no flavor, mafia should be able to outwit town enough to claim on their own. The problem is, is that we as town put too much stock into claiming and it's a practice I am not fond of. We rely too much on the roles to help us narrow down mafia instead of using our wits and intelligence. We need to stop believing all of the roles, and use the brains we have instead of being statistically accurate. It su.cks the fun out of the game.
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I don't think grape is evil I like grape.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    KatieeeeKatieeee Posts: 16,995 Member
    I like grape too!

Its my fave.
    Mafia stats
    Played: 255 | Won: 221 | Lost: 34
    Town: 100 | Mafia: 150 | Third: 5
    Town Win: 86| Mafia Win: 131 | Third Win: 4
    Alive: 65 | Lynched: 99 | Nk: 91 |

Come play Mafia with us: http://ultimatemafia.boards.net/
  • Options
    When is this starting?
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats