Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**New** (Pg. 5) Sort of Victorian by Petalbot 6/30/16

petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
Welcome to my Sims 4 showcase thread. I’m Petalbot and currently build for both The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. My builds are No CC. The Sims is a creative outlet for me and satisfies the closet architect in me. I love everything about building from the architecture, interior design and landscaping. I also love taking screenshots (although outside of my builds, so far, I think I’ll stick to Sims 3 for that hobby). Anyway, find me in the Gallery under Origin ID: petalbot or under #petalbot. Thanks for visiting! :)

Completed Projects:

sims4cover.jpg
Pictures here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/799904/contemporary-chateau-by-petalbot/p1
Online Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/A75AF5206C5211E48C805D72CD9D107B

front.jpg
Online Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/DE54D9CCA03611E48E8341C5222CA631
More Pictures: Page 1 of this thread.

fcover.jpg
Online Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/56DCE424D81811E48BD6D7D937959958?
More Pictures: Page 2 of this thread.

front.jpg
Online Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/A2C4FBA435A511E58984D96F4F9AE966
More Pictures: Page 4 of this thread.

front.jpg
Online Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/C0EAAF7F35A511E589A8D96F4F9AE966
More Pictures: Page 4 of this thread.

VictCover.jpg
Online Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/F0056E3A3F3011E68F7D26C4D7344933
More Pictures: Page 5 of this thread
sigg.gif

Post edited by petalbot on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hi All, It’s been a while since my last TS4 build. Today I bring you a modern done in industrial chic styling. It’s built in Oasis Springs on the 40X30 lot called Arid Ridge. It features 2 beds, 3 baths, dining, living and rec areas, an office, workout room, balcony, patio, pool and outdoor BBQ area. The home contains No CC and Is playtested. Find it in the gallery under Origin ID: petalbot, or #petalbot, #nocc, #modern, #industrial and #familyhome. In addition, find it on the online gallery here: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/DE54D9CCA03611E48E8341C5222CA631

This build does contain some enlarged objects and uses the moveobjects on cheat. In order to preserve light colors, object placement and resizing, please place the lot while in build mode as opposed to manage worlds.

front.jpg

fenter.jpg

entry.jpg

living1.jpg

living2.jpg

dining.jpg

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

kitchen3.jpg

open1.jpg

open2.jpg

office1.jpg

office2.jpg

workout1.jpg

workout2.jpg

landing.jpg

Balcony.jpg

rec1.jpg

rec2.jpg

mbed1.jpg

mbed2.jpg

mbed3.jpg

Mbath1.jpg

mbath2.jpg

cbed1.jpg

cbed2.jpg

cbed3.jpg

patio.jpg

pool.jpg

bbq.jpg

byard.jpg

Backview.jpg

Thank you for taking the tour! I appreciate it. :)
    Post edited by petalbot on
    sigg.gif

• Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Stunning build!!! I love everything about it, especially your furnishing and decor. It all goes together so well; the columns and brickwork throughout is just spectacular!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Nice builds. Great attention to detail! Very creative and well done.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2015
    Industrial Chic Modern Loft is a very nice home! :) The exterior architectural design of the home is very nice! The textures of the exterior look great and it looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows in the build! Very nice front entrance area to the home! It looks nice how you have done the pathway leading to the door and have placed lights on the edges of it. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen areas looks nice. The brick texture of the interior walls looks nice. Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there for sims to enjoy sitting having a chat, watching tv and having a read of a book. The green plants on the side, corner and coffee tables are nice tiuches in the room for sims to see whilst sitting there. Thectype of blinds that you have used through the home in the room areas looks nice and suits the type of build. Very nice dining area! Sims will have great views of the outdoors whilst are enjoying eating their meals there. The patterned floor rug under the table looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants in the left and right hand side corner nooks of the door area that leads out to the patio. The pictures that you have placed on the walls through the home suit well the home and are nice for sims to see when in the rooms. Very nice design, open layout and furnishing of the kitchen! The island sink and bar stool counter is great! The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on top of it. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst cooking meals there. The fruit pictures look nice on the kitchen wall. The office is a nice room for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk with the sunlight coming in through the windows and use the computer. The L shaped desk looks great. The fishbowl on the table would be restful for sims to look at whilst sitting on the sofa in the room. The type of and placement of the lights on the interior walls through the home looks very nice! Sims will like keeping fit using the equipment in the gym room. It is great that they can choose which type of training that they want to do that day. It looks great how you have placed the hanging robe on the mirror there. Nice upper outside balcony! Sims will have nice views from there whilst they are sitting warming up in front of the fire. Very nice rec room area. The art nook is nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there. They will have fun playing chess or enjoy just resting on the sofa having a drink from the bar. Very nice master bedroom! It looks nice how you have bedhead windows for sims to enjoy sunlight coming in onto the bed when waking in the mornings. The pictures on the bedside tables are nice homely touches there. The corner fireplace sitting and reading area is very nice! Very nice corner mirror and vanity table! Nice corner arnchairs area for sims to sit chatting together and listening to music from the radio. Very nice layout of the kids bedroom. It looks nice how you have placed the beds in the room. The teddy and giraffe look cute there! Nice corner art table nook for the child sims to have fun doing artwork on. The sims will enjoy reading in bed. Very nice outdoors area! The pool and outdoor living patio and deck are very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking poolside on the grill and eating their meals in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The curved hedge fencing that you have done at the front and back of the home looks nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    A stunning build Petal , so beautifully decorate with so many little details that give the build an authentic feel. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    :o WOWZA Petal! <3 Your builds never fail to impress! The Industrial chic just took my breath away! Stunning architecture and interiors! Will be going in my favourites! (*) (*) (*)
  • Options
    @misscbong Thank you so much for the lovely comments! I really appreciate it. :D

@Angelllite7 Thanks! I do like details, so I'm glad you noticed! :)

@rosemow Thank you Rose! I always look forward to your comments and love reading them and seeing what you liked. You always catch those small details and I appreciate it lots and lots. Thanks for all you do for the community! :)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Ah, I was looking forward to a modern from you, petal, and this one does not disappoint! Love the drama of your structure, and your interiors are impeccable. I was especially impressed by how light and airy they felt even with the industrial styling. Beautiful home! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @policeofficerswife Thanks!

@follyfoot Thanks so much for dropping by. Wow, I'm glad it feels authentic! Hugs right back!

@Yanti Wow, thanks for your compliments and the favorite. I can't wait to see more from you. Hugs!
    sigg.gif

• Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Industrial Chic Modern Loft is very awesome! :D
    I love your architectural details. The use of bricks are very awesome wall patterns for industrial builds. I also adore your landscaping. Very great choices and placements of plants. I also liked the fencing. Your interior is very amazing too! I like the use of industrial furnishing with some modern additives.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hi Petal, I just Love both of these homes! You have a wonderful eye for architectural design as well as exterior color/textures. Both builds have Beautiful landscaping and interiors. They're elegant yet very comfortable looking. I could easily live very happily in either of these beauties! :) I will be following you to keep up with your fabulous builds. :D
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    I really love Industrial Chic Modern Loft. The exterior is amazing. The interior, despite the 'cold' bricks, looks warm and very homely. It's wonderful :)

You also take amazing screenshots! All of them are framed very well and look like they came out of a interior design magazine.
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @BryonyRae Thanks! I really wanted to do industrial, but I didn't want to do a warehouse conversion. I wanted something distinctly modern in style outside and inside, but still industrially, so this is my hybrid between warehouse conversion and modern. I can't wait to see your next build and thanks for maintaining the build mode feedback and MOO threads!

@RyeCris16 Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the landscaping. That part was perhaps the most challenging part for this build and was also the last part of the build that I did as I had a hard time figuring out just what to do.

@WrathofCath Thanks Cath! Congrats on the Maxis favorite of your cabin. Very, very well deserved! :D
    sigg.gif

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Your Industrial build is absolutely stunning, wonderful rooflines and great architecture. Great choice of textures and gorgeous interior design :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Oh Ms Petal, your loft is stunning. So much character. Wonderful build!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I <3 the bicks inside, but the garden looked so empty. Or maybe it just wasn't a good camera ancle
  • Options
    opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    Wow! I really like the modern loft. I love the brick and metal juxtaposed with the wood.
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Amazing build <3

Your a very talented builder and love this theme <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Amazing build! I love the bold exterior, very striking. The interior is beautiful, elegant while maintaining that industrial feel. It is a stunning home, a favorite for sure!
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Your Contemporary Chateau is simply stunning. I love your use of the wall sconces & the tall windows w/the curtains throughout the house
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Cerrydd Thank you! I originally had gray brick in place of the red, but thought it looked too drab and weighed everything down. I'm glad I changed to the red brick. :)

@masajo Thank you so much! I can't wait to see your next build. :D

@Cassee Thanks sweet comments! :)

@mikmaker Thanks! The yard is more minimalist. I thought it would suit the home better. :)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    It is great seeing your fabulous builds in TS4! :) The new industrial loft looks fantastic!
    Impressive architecture and great work on the landscaping. Your pictures of it is very nice but
    I must say it looks epic in the game! :D I love the industrial theme throught the whole build and
    how big it is! Wow, I will totally have a bunch of my simmies living there :)
  • Options
    @opod67 Thank you! :D

@marcel21 Thanks! Your very sweet. :)

@Chris2fer03 Thank you so much for the comments. :D
    sigg.gif

• Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    that loft is very high-end. beautiful!
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.