Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Ugh.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    It's coming soon... and I don't want any part of it! I hope it fails....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    We still do not know if there is going to be a premium membership. ;)
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I need more information.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Not the least bit interested in it. They'll get not one more cent from me until my play style is returned.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Will this be a subscription I wonder, to be paid for items sight unseen? I'm not doing it. Yeah I know I was against Sims 4 and eventually bought it, but I bought it after consideration and reviews and waiting well over a month before making that decision. And I know I spent a lot of money on Sim Points in the Sims 3 store, but ultimately what I chose to spend those on out of the store offerings was my choice (although I had to spend them on something, which is a valid point.

But I draw the line at paying in advance for some vague unannounced product sight unseen, without knowing what kind of content is going to be released. Uh uh, no way...
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I would rather not pay in advance, even at a discount, for things I have no clue if I want. And if they throw in free items to subscribers that won't be available to non-subscribers, that will be it for me.

I like the Sims 4 -- I really do like it despite the bugs, despite the long loading screens, despite that they seem to break more things than they fix (I believe they are trying). What I will NOT be is ripped off.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    No thanks. I'll buy expansions but I'm not interested in premium stuff.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I would rather not pay in advance, even at a discount, for things I have no clue if I want. And if they throw in free items to subscribers that won't be available to non-subscribers, that will be it for me.

I like the Sims 4 -- I really do like it despite the bugs, despite the long loading screens, despite that they seem to break more things than they fix (I believe they are trying). What I will NOT be is ripped off.
    Exactly. You might not even want what they put out but you will end up stuck with it having already paid. Sorry to tell you but it seems like there will be some exclusive items given towards premium members only if the leaked July news is still true.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Really nice exclusive material is the only way they will get my money.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited December 2014
    As I said before the plan was to hook players for the membership with 3 packs. Costumes for a costume party, a outdoor camping pack so that they can experience the great outdoors, and a New Years pack to ring the new year. You are not getting anything new that wasn't planned already. They are just putting a shiny new marketing spin on it.

Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Given their history with store items, I think it's quite audacious to ask people to pre-pay. Quite audacious indeed. *adjusts monocle*
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    As I said before the plan was to hook players for the membership with 3 packs. Costumes for a costume party, a outdoor camping pack so that they can experience the great out doors, and a New Years pack to ring the new year. You are not getting anything new that wasn't planned already. They are just putting a shiny new marketing spin on it.
    I think they are getting something new.... Exclusive items that only premium members can get. :|
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    there will NOT be any premium membership -
  • Options
    If toddlers are the exclusive premium items I am locking myself in the house and not getting on the internet until the plumstorm is over. I'll send out drones to take stock of the condition....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    I am talking about what they are giving you now. No doubt they will get that and also some discounts. In any case it will be interesting to watch.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I am talking about what they are giving you now. No doubt they will get that and also some discounts. In any case it will be interesting to watch.

Don't care about getting discounts, I'd rather have the upfront information on what I'm getting. Though of course I'm just speaking for myself here.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    lolno
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    If toddlers are the exclusive premium items I am locking myself in the house and not getting on the internet until the plumstorm is over. I'll send out drones to take stock of the condition....

EA: We all decided to give all premium members toddlers. >:)
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

EA: We all decided to give all premium members toddlers. >:)

The forum then implodes and the internet is ripped in half.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Discounts are kinda irrelevant when Sims DLC is already crazy expensive....a discount only really brings things down to a sane, reasonable price.
  • Options
    I am not going to pay for stuff coming in the future either. That certainly doesn't help the cause. You are setting yourself up if you do that.
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    cash-cow.jpg
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    So. We have a premium membership, EP's, SP's, and GP's.