Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEED HELP - wont let me play with any families - stuck on town map

Hey guyss, just having some difficulties and really need help..

had sims 4 for a while now and was working fine until today (was playing last night and worked good). it wont let me past the town map. i will click on a family and press play. it will go to the loading screen the just show the stupid town map again. i have tried restarting settings, made a new game, uninstalled he reinstalled the game... nothing is working... I NEEED HELPP PLZZ MY HOLIDAYS ARE GETTING SHITTYYYYYYYYY EHH

will marry you if you can help me fix the issue

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Did you do this? Try a game-folder refresh. Put your Saves, Tray and Mod folders and Option.ini file on your desktop. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder. Then start the game, exit the game, and put your moved items back. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves. Then start the game again.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    delawanadelawana Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2014
    I have the same issue, and refreshing the game folder as you suggest hasn't done anything :( I'm going to try a couple things and then report back.

Update: Recovering a previous save works!
  • Options
    kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    Ya i have this problem too. :(
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Could you guys try starting your games as administrator (right click on the Sims 4 icon on your desktop and choose run as administrator)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    phydirectionerphydirectioner Posts: 1 New Member
    I also have this problem ;_; I even unistalled the game and installed it but wont work
  • Options
    EmOnigiriEmOnigiri Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same issue. I wonder if its an issue with the new careers update.
  • Options
    disco522disco522 Posts: 2 New Member
    If many people have this problem and EA knows about it why haven't they become close to fixing it already? my gam was working fine until last night, ive tried a bunch od different things but this isn't a computer problem its EA's. isn't it?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    disco522 wrote: »
    If many people have this problem and EA knows about it why haven't they become close to fixing it already? my gam was working fine until last night, ive tried a bunch od different things but this isn't a computer problem its EA's. isn't it?

Like most software companies, there's not enough staff who stay over the holidays to solve something like this. This one seems to be a complex problem -- Crinrict and I have both been trying to pin it down to some pattern in gameplay or computer setup or something but haven't been able to yet. And it doesn't seem to happen to everybody so it must have some trigger. The only thing we've been able to figure out so far is that it's savegame-specific: If you start a new game, it's not affected. I wouldn't expect a quick fix from Maxis, unfortunately, simply because it's being weirdly hard to narrow down even a little bit.

It might be helpful, though, if a few people uploaded borked game files somewhere like Dropbox and provided a link over on the right topic on http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    I also have this problem ;_; I even unistalled the game and installed it but wont work

Go Into EA/Sims4/tray
    Delete everything in it!
  • Options
    kathrynmarienkathrynmarien Posts: 239 Member
    I did everything, short of uninstalling/re-installing, but I did back up all my saves and delete The Sims 4 folder so the game generated a new one. I use "save as" quite a bit, just in case, so I have several separate game files. I added one back into the saves folder--one from yesterday, before the issue started. It still happened, but when I reloaded the same game and tried playing a different family, THAT family was able to travel. I only tried to travel with them one time and then I exited. I don't know if it's just one household that is messed up or what... it's so weird, because everything else is fine. I can play inside the house and save with no troubles, but I can't travel or manage worlds.
  • Options
    TheUltimateSimmerTheUltimateSimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    Something like that has happened.I would go to ONLY The Solar Flare lounge,and every time I would leave,it would take 30 minutes to get back to my house..I uninstalled and re-installed,but nothing,nothing would work,and i even tried deleting the .bin files,and textures,and anything else that had affiliated with The Sims 4,I even tried asking EA if they knew a
  • Options
    Fan_GurllFan_Gurll Posts: 110 Member
    > @disco522 said:
    > If many people have this problem and EA knows about it why haven't they become close to fixing it already? my gam was working fine until last night, ive tried a bunch od different things but this isn't a computer problem its EA's. isn't it?

EA lacks in support. If there was an award for the least supportive gaming company, Electronic Arts would have won in a jiffy.
  • Options
    I did everything, short of uninstalling/re-installing, but I did back up all my saves and delete The Sims 4 folder so the game generated a new one. I use "save as" quite a bit, just in case, so I have several separate game files. I added one back into the saves folder--one from yesterday, before the issue started. It still happened, but when I reloaded the same game and tried playing a different family, THAT family was able to travel. I only tried to travel with them one time and then I exited. I don't know if it's just one household that is messed up or what... it's so weird, because everything else is fine. I can play inside the house and save with no troubles, but I can't travel or manage worlds.

That's super helpful info. You might want to add it here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595
  • Options
    kathrynmarienkathrynmarien Posts: 239 Member
    @luthienrising - I really don't know what is going on with my game at this point. The family that was unable to travel yesterday is now able to travel (at least so far). I have no idea why, since when I exited that game last night, traveling with that particular family always took me back to the map. I haven't done anything other than reload the game this morning.

Also, some other oddities--prior to the family being unable to travel, the lot on which they live switched to a "generic" lot (probably with the last patch, although I don't know this for sure). I evicted the family, changed the lot to "residential," and moved the family back in. Shortly after is when the traveling issue started. Today, when that family suddenly COULD travel again, I was unable to interact with the Sim remaining at home--I had no options for caring, building skills, socializing, switching control, or bringing him to the lot to join his traveling wife. Also, the bills are stuck in one of their inventories. I can't pay them by phone, computer, or mailbox. And lastly, the baby won't cry. It just sits there. I have received a couple of notifications to "feed it or else" because it gives no indication that something is wrong. It never needs a new diaper, either. It's either green or sleeping. The baby thing happened to another family as well, and they aged up just fine.
  • Options
    Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    I had this problem as well, I went out repaired the game and back in on a new game and it worked. Will be seeing if it still works today after doing that yesterday, because clearing the folders and all that is suggested none of it worked.
  • Options
    @luthienrising - I really don't know what is going on with my game at this point. The family that was unable to travel yesterday is now able to travel (at least so far). I have no idea why, since when I exited that game last night, traveling with that particular family always took me back to the map. I haven't done anything other than reload the game this morning.

Also, some other oddities--prior to the family being unable to travel, the lot on which they live switched to a "generic" lot (probably with the last patch, although I don't know this for sure). I evicted the family, changed the lot to "residential," and moved the family back in. Shortly after is when the traveling issue started. Today, when that family suddenly COULD travel again, I was unable to interact with the Sim remaining at home--I had no options for caring, building skills, socializing, switching control, or bringing him to the lot to join his traveling wife. Also, the bills are stuck in one of their inventories. I can't pay them by phone, computer, or mailbox. And lastly, the baby won't cry. It just sits there. I have received a couple of notifications to "feed it or else" because it gives no indication that something is wrong. It never needs a new diaper, either. It's either green or sleeping. The baby thing happened to another family as well, and they aged up just fine.

That's sounding like one of the common patch problems I've seen no solution for yet. Something seems to be corrupting savegames in a way that prevents household loading, and I've not seen anything yet that suggests what.

• Options
    I had this problem as well, I went out repaired the game and back in on a new game and it worked. Will be seeing if it still works today after doing that yesterday, because clearing the folders and all that is suggested none of it worked.

Game Repair let you load households again? Let us know if it plays for a while without the problem recurring!
  • Options
    Mil.gMil.g Posts: 1 New Member
    I also had this problem in my game for a few days. I was able to fix it through game repair although it did not work at first and so I had to keep exiting and retrying but I am now able to load and play my households as normal.
    Hope this has helped :)
  • Options
    ttttttfanmanttttttfanman Posts: 53 Member
    If you start a new game it seams too work fine for a little bit. I still have the old save that dose not work but I am hoping they will fix it soon. Shortly before I had stuck on town map
    glitch my Sims were not able too cook food from the fridge. :'(
  • Options
    SleepwalkmasterSleepwalkmaster Posts: 1 New Member
    I got hit by this weekend-ruining bug too. I lost my saves accidentally and I'll have to start over. Will there be a patch for this and how will we get notified? All my progress ... :(
  • Options
    malibu3311malibu3311 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2015
    It was doing the same thing to me, suddenly I couldn't load any family to play- it just took me back to map screen. I logged out and in of origin and reopened the game and it worked! I could load my family. I don't know if it's a permanent fix, but hopefully it works for some of you!
  • Options
    ttttttfanmanttttttfanman Posts: 53 Member
    Logging out and back in did not work for me. I started a new game and it works fine for now. Hope they fix this soon. :\
  • Options
    vonkittyvonkitty Posts: 1 New Member
    Trying to play sims 4 has become so frustrating i have toggled in and out before also tried to play with the saved files & today nothing has worked. I spend more time trying to get it up and running than actually being able to play it.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I may have a clue as to why this is happening. Anyone here having the twins glitch as well and are you splitting up your pair?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/