Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: ASK A SIMGURU – 11AM TO 12 NOON PST TUESDAYS

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 220 SimGuru
    azsimmer1 wrote: »

I would love to add more uses to flowers. Flower arranging would be sweet!

New worlds... ;) We recognize that players need more room to explore and build.

Can't say much specific about downloads. We are continuing to make fixes and improvements to the game. ;)

Re: Patch notes: SimGuruGnome works diligently on compiling them. Let's all give him a big round of applause.

Very cool got it..

Btw.. I did add my ideas about the careers and business in the IDEAS forum section, unfortunately the forum was discovered at the same time and got flooded with more ideas and it got pushed down.. I just figured I'd leave it down there and maybe revisit it, but the flowers idea would be awesome as a self-employment career..

And APPLAUSE - To SimGuruGnome Awesome writing!!

Cool, thanks.

I always let Gnome know when I hear comments (positive or negative) on the patch notes. ;)
  • Options
    SimGuruAzureSimGuruAzure Posts: 119 SimGuru
    AdrianoFox wrote: »
    > @SimGuruAzure said:<br />
    > Move objects for Sims is something we want to look into. The first camera issue you mention sounds like a bug, the other sounds like either a bug or a performance hit issue. If you're willing to contact customer service we could get info about your game that would be helpful. I'll forward your concerns to some producers who've worked on the camera.<br />
    > <br />
    > Thanks!<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for the answer! I'll talk to the costumer service so that you guys can have some info about the camera issues

Sweet! Thanks.
  • Options
    TwistedAngelTwistedAngel Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi! Tiny question. Would it possible to raise the floor level limitation from 3 to 5 in the future?
  • Options
    will681 wrote: »
    problem started prepatch - sorry forgot to put that in

Ah, thanks for the clarification. We'll still look into it ^_^
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think having a video game system, a playground in which kids can actually interact with each other, a sandbox and block/drawing table for toddlers if they get added, and a karaoke machine would be a few nice interactive things to have.

Those would all be great additions! Re: playground, is there anything you don't like about the current monkey bars and jungle gyms?
    I don't like how the kids can't talk to each other or even acknowledge that another Sim is there while using them. It would be fun if there was a couple more interactions with the monkey bars too. Like how long they can hold onto them until one of the kids can't hold any longer and falls down. Being able to run around chasing each other in the jungle gyms would be fun to do too. I really miss having a slide too and swings.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    will681 wrote: »
    Hi

love the items in the patch; thanks for the hard work you all put into it- have not had a chance to go through patch notes yet, but my sims have started eating in front of the fridge, bacically blocking it from any other sim and they will not sit down to eat even if you click on a chair and tell them to sit down...has this been reported as a known bug? Thanks

I do remember seeing a report of that. I'll make sure we investigate it.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    ok first i could glad hear something about that ideas, specially the on about the start relationship (to summarize will be like instea of start with a 0 bar going to friend, based on the sim target traits, aspiration and all bla bla bla you can have from a full hated bar to a best friend on the beginner) and the other abour bed and mechanic
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803306/mechanic-and-beds#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803321/things-quality#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802793/relationship-system-and-living-together#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802919/emotion-system#latest

now my most wanted topic:
    open world, and closed world

ok you know who nowadays most of the "new" games are open worlds, the most susccesfull sim game was the sims 3 who also is a open world, even today the sales of the sims 3 still big then why you have that horrible decision to take away in that way one of the most important features for new game tecnology???, ok i already hear the excuse about want peoples playing the sims in 486(just kidding but is something like that about peoples with very low pcs or laptop play it), but why you dont give at last a open neighborhood, why to go to a house at the side of my house i must pass throught a load screen???, you don thing this (no matter the excuse) this was a horrible donwgrade for the game, for le's say 30 to 40% o the fan base you sacrfied 60 to 70% and is risking to happen the same of what happened with the simcity game, end in a floppy because as you see nowaday more and more peoples get angry by this and about toddles but i dont want speak about it, again i never played another sim before and now i'm palying both the sims 4 and the sims medieval and even being old and have bad graphics i'm enjoying more playing the sims medieval than the sims 4, because i dont need to go to a load screen to play.

as we know most of the bugs related to the load screen and time to play the sims 3 where related more to bad code than the "being a heavy game" many peoples with even "low pcs" related being able to play fine the sims 3 after use a lot of mods who fixed many bugs, this means who most of the problem was more about bugs and bad coded than "beinb unacessible".

i'm asking as a customer and something who is really trying hard to want to pla this game and i can speak for most of users who are upset about it:
    - please if indeed you staff really love this game and care for your playerbase you can really give a confirmation about if indeed the sims 4 will be forever like that if i must wait for the "sims 5" and if him gona have a open world to go back and play??? or you are really hearing your customers and have plain to at last give us a ope neighborhood please???, whe the players who love open world, we are aware who your team is horrible to make a full open world ok, but please at last we can dream to have a open neighborhood????, at last on that you can make reall the things righ??? if the problem is time, then why not already started???? how many peoples have the maxis team to work on the game??? 1??? 2????, dont have enough peoples to put at last 2 or 3 to work on that, because currently the game is only true enjoyable for a minority of the fan base while the other is being "forced to accept it", to accept a terribl downgrade, we have a post from a guru say who the chance of this happen is near 0 and is more easy increase the amount of lots than giv at last a open neighborhood, this will gonna make the things even worse, more lots = more load screen, and i can say fo my self who between have one load screen of 5 minutes and being able to play for a full hour without stop and a 1 minute load screen each time i change a place i prefer the first, where ins the world multiple load screens are better than only one????, please maxis and ea at last on that please really show to us who you are true hearing us and give something clear abou that, because i can't speak fo the others but i can speak for myself and i can say who if this is how i must play the game and no change in the plains for that then srry, really thanks but i'm done i dont gonna pay to play a "OUTDATED GAME WITH OUTDATED PLAYSTYLE" becaus some peoples can't play open world or because the team dont have "programming skills" to give a good game for all peoples who is perfect possible like the ideas who already was give, like give the players more freedom on choices on teh game, like if the problem is too much things to load then make a option where the player can choose what he want to load, i think what we are lacking is more "freedom" for the player if you make a more 'tailored game" with more "options" for the players where their can make their choices on how to play you will get much less complain than what you are getting today

well another thing please you can increas the current numbers in sim population and give a option to disable or control the "homeless random creation in game, because for peoples who love to play with multiple family and a own populated world the random creator is making to mcuh damage, because in order to keep creating more sims he just delete players created or important sims if their are not being played, what was supposed for the system to prefer delete the homeless or just stop to generate more until the population number decay than just random delete and create news
    then can make somethjing like that
    the random generator only create sims until lets say the game have 140 sims then he stop and give the 40 room for the player to fill, only when the number is under 140 he create more and if him need to delete them he must prefer first delete "ghosts" than living sims, ghost who are not being controlled by players being deleted first after some sim days then he goes to elders and adult > young adult> teen > child if need delete and prefer delete first the homeless before delete the ones living in houses

increase the world capacity the 180 limite is too little, give at last 200 or 250
    increase the amount of sims in the same lot from 20 to 30
    increas the amount of sims inside family from 8 to 10 or 15 because i see in the galery many interestin houses who are like apartment and can handle many sims and will be interesting for lore and with that limit is suxs
    increase the amount of sims come to the public lots - again for places wit the 30x20 size or more the amount of sims who the game make spawn is too little i downloaded a awesome night club and a awesome gym who are really big then the amount of sims come make it look empty, then you can make the game spawn more peoples specially based on the size of places?? like a 20x15 max of 15, a 30x20 max of 20, a 40x30 max of 25 a 50x50 max of 30, the game make a check if the max not reached he send more sims if the player invite more sims he send the most old ones to home, but we need more peoples the game currenly look very empty

bartender another problem fo custom places with more than one bar, have only one bartender working make the place look empty, you can make he game make more peoples work based on how bars the place have, if have 2 bars then 2 bartend will be there, if 3 them 3, and make then sell more food than just chips, or also add a chief npc, because peoples dont go just to drink to night club or bars their can go also to eat something special

add bartend to another comunities rater than bar and night club, many galery librarys, museum or gym aways have a place for a bartender work and dont have one make the place look so empty could be interesting also that places have peoples "working on it", peoples also "eat and drink on that places" and dont have anyone working here is also horrible

this is one of the things who more annyoing me currently "how the world is looking so empty and i'm tired to be "forced to be trapped inside my house to play" ok you have peoples who love to be forever trapped inside their home but also you must remember who you have peoples who love to explore and go to others places too and currently for that peoples this game is a completly disappointment, being forever trapped in my home because i really hate have to go a load screen every time i do a step outside my house

another thing

please for the sake of the poor childs where are the seesaws and swings in the parks the current parks have nearlly ntohing for childrens, basically only 2 types of toys to use a vertical lader and a big ridable something we are missing basic things like that seesaws and swings and for teens i miss a teen oriented place, m y world is filled with teens and childs bust most of the places are suited for adults and even the places whre supposed to have more childs have more adults than childs(and my world is filled with a lot opf childs and teens but the game give preference for adults)

i really want to hear a final note about the open world please if the answer will be "nothing to say or we can give something aobut or any other vague answer then again thanks for all and let's meet at the sim 5, because as the game progress and more things will be add the big the load screen will be and have many load screen take a long time is worst than have big load screen and i prefer to play games where i have more freedom than this trapped one.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I think having a video game system, a playground in which kids can actually interact with each other, a sandbox and block/drawing table for toddlers if they get added, and a karaoke machine would be a few nice interactive things to have.

Those would all be great additions! Re: playground, is there anything you don't like about the current monkey bars and jungle gyms?

I think the monkey bars needed more colors.. I finally put one in my kids yard and my eyes blinked at the colors.. Maybe jungle gyms that had other options to them much like the ones in Sims 3 had the slide and perhaps swings etc.. so that you could put them in the yard... maybe like snap ons to make it customable?
  • Options
    Hi! Tiny question. Would it possible to raise the floor level limitation from 3 to 5 in the future?

That's something that I personally want as well. :P

Never say never!
  • Options
    azsimmer1 wrote: »
    I just noticed a rumor about Granite Falls being the next world.. featuring Hiking and Camping? its in the forum.. So.. my one burning question that came to my mind within the hour...is this?

Are you leaving the old store format and the stuff packs etc.. and doing it more like the Sims City additions and packs?

You'll just have to wait and see. ;) Should be more info available soon...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Ok folks, closing this thread to new questions. We will keep trying to answer during the day. See you all again in the New Year on Jan. 13th!
  • Options

I don't like how the kids can't talk to each other or even acknowledge that another Sim is there while using them. It would be fun if there was a couple more interactions with the monkey bars too. Like how long they can hold onto them until one of the kids can't hold any longer and falls down. Being able to run around chasing each other in the jungle gyms would be fun to do too. I really miss having a slide too and swings.

Kids can talk to each other while playing on the jungle gym. They can't talk to each other while playing on the monkey bars but they can sit on top of the monkey bars and talk to each other.
  • Options

Hm, ok. It might be difficult to add multitasking to the monkey bars and jungle gyms after they've been implemented. But I agree that would be a good thing to keep in mind for potential future objects like slides/swings/etc. Thanks!
  • Options
    llamacorn wrote: »
    Hi, someone found this on the hidden files in the game,

nhood3.png

Was this how the worlds were originally designed?

Believe it was early map concept art. Possible for Willow Creek, not sure.
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    ok first i could glad hear something about that ideas, specially the on about the start relationship (to summarize will be like instea of start with a 0 bar going to friend, based on the sim target traits, aspiration and all bla bla bla you can have from a full hated bar to a best friend on the beginner) and the other abour bed and mechanic
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803306/mechanic-and-beds#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803321/things-quality#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802793/relationship-system-and-living-together#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802919/emotion-system#latest

now my most wanted topic:
    open world, and closed world

i really want to hear a final note about the open world please if the answer will be "nothing to say or we can give something aobut or any other vague answer then again thanks for all and let's meet at the sim 5, because as the game progress and more things will be add the big the load screen will be and have many load screen take a long time is worst than have big load screen and i prefer to play games where i have more freedom than this trapped one.

Wow. That is quite a lot of feedback. I don't think there is a final note on the open world now. I hope to reassure you that we are here and listening, and we want make the game the best experience it can be for you guys. Keep telling us what you want, and we'll do our best.
  • Options
    Hit me up on Twitter @SimGuruDaniel‌ if you have more questions/comments about the Careers udpate, or the game in general.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello everyone, apologies for this but we will be delayed today. As some of you may know, we had a big office move around yesterday and some of our computers are still not hooked up. Please bear with us. We hope to open this up in the next 10-15 minutes.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    And, we are now open. Please note that we will not be responding to any questions about future content plans. This includes questions on features like Toddlers. Also, if you can keep your questions short and to the point, we can answer more questions in the time alloted.
    Thanks.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited January 2015
    First just wanna say I love The Sims Outdooer Reatreat its so much fun! Well done gurus!!

Few questions.. :)

1. Where did the idea Outdoor Retreat come from?

2. Whats you're personal favoutire new item from Outdoor Retreat?

4. How long long did it take to create? :)

5. What is the best thing about being a Sim guru
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope the move went well and it’s a shame moving can’t be as easy for us as it is in the Sims games. Sorry I did mention toddlers. I just love them so much.

Would it be possible to make each section/district of the neighborhood completely open world? I would love to visit neighborhood houses and buildings of community lots in a neighborhood section without a loading screen like I can with parks. I think having a semi-open world option checkbox to allow this would be a nice compromise for everyone.

What are the maps I find in neighborhoods for?

How can I keep track of Don Lothario’s millions of offspring from his romance quests without a family tree? It would be really funny to see a lot of toddlers show up at his front door like that one Sims trailer.

How many EPs and GPs will pass by before toddlers and family trees are patched into the game?

Any news about fixing that incest and not being able to change last name after getting married glitches?

Some of the old glitches I had before have returned in the December patch. I can’t do events on lots anymore again and my food disappeared in a picnic table and my babies are having issues aging up. Why did some of them return?
    How do we get the reaper skill for our Sims?
    I’m really not enjoying the emotional deaths, mood swings, and linear gameplay. Why did EA recycle a MMO game instead of starting the Sims 4 from scratch? Should we expect that life simulation game play is dead for the franchise now? I know some do like the linear game play though, so could there just be an option to have nerfed quests for careers, parties, school, and aspirations?

The Sims 1, 2, and 3 had in in the UI a rotating and zooming features. Why were they taken out? It was really nice having them for build and buy modes so I could grab an object and rotate or zoom in and out of a room.

Can Twitter and Facebook not be the only main methods to get our Sims news?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    Finally I manage to post here ;)

I love The Sims 4 and I think that was money well spent ;) I don't have much time to play between work and family, so there is still a lot I didn't uncover. This is few things I wanted to tell you:

1. Open neighborhood - no loading between those few lots
    I know people already ask about it. It would be great, but I know it's probably not possible.

2. Sim who stays at one locations KEEPS doing what he was doing when another sim travels. It's annoying that when one sim is trying to write novel and another sim want's to leave him alone and goes to library. First sim stops writing or whatever he was doing and just "take care of himself" - usually by sitting in front of TV. I wish we can have option like - "do what you were doing till your needs drop"

3. less stalkers - I mean non of my neighbors visits me that much!

4. When I'm visit somebody I shouldn't be allowed to cook, eat food or take shower. Especially when I don't even know them.

5. Story progression - I know it's popular demand. I don't need much but when I play rotational it would be great if they can keep earning money, go to work normally and even get better work performance. I'm not talking about getting promotion but just fill up performance bar and maybe some skills bars if they cook etc

I think that's it for now ;) I'm happy we have this thread ;) You are amazing!
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    edited January 2015
    We are hoping that there will be an automatic capture or screenshot of important events in a Sims life from childbirth to skill level up or career promotion reminiscent of screen capture of The Sims 2. Can we see this in the next patch update? Lots of love from the Rising Dragon of the South and the Queen City of the South - Iloilo, Philippines :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2015
    Thank you guys for getting the Mac Version of the Sims 4 ready so soon, you guys surprised me I wasn't expecting anything until late spring mid summer!!! I can't wait! Can any one tell me the system requirements yet? Will a hard copy be available in retail stores and on the Mac App Store?

Edit: I am a little confused about the "People who bought the windows version can get a mac download for no extra charge." which is why I ask.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello Guru's!
    Hope you had a fantastic holiday!
    My question is; Is there anyway to go back to the original game I bought? Since the game content was added to game fix patches I realize I wont get the pools, ghosts, or new careers but I liked my game much better originally than it has become with all the patching. I had no bugs/glitches that I couldn't deal with so don't need the fixes or the game play changing issue that were fixed/changed in said patches.

The game play has changed so much I just want to go back to when my sims had spontaneity, where the careers goals/daily task were not such a time consuming grind, etc....

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but Origin refuse to let me play my game unless I patch. Now I am stuck! Either I update and have a game I don't enjoy or I don't update and can't play a game I paid for!

Can you change the restrictions that make me have to patch so I can play my game? Why is Origin so restrictive with a product I paid for? IMHO Origin should only be worried about my verification not if I have the patches and I shouldn't not be able to play a game that is verified through Origin. Patched or not!

I paid the full price of $60 for this game and should be able to play it with or without the patches. Otherwise what did I pay for? A game that EA/Origin can stop me at anytime from playing? A game that restricts me from playing unless I do it Origins way? I am confused and just want to play my game the way it was!

Sorry I sound frustrated. :( I apreciate all that you do and want to enjoy my game is all.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top