Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Baby Challenge Sharing Corner

Minecraftlover12Minecraftlover12 Posts: 71 Member
I've done the 100 baby challenge and I know how hard it can be... the lack of money/time/space in your household can be tricky so I'm starting a little area for you struggling parents :p show off your kids and if your losing your will, come and have a chat!

Ps. By the way on my new challenge my heir is called Rose Valentine, she has had 7 kids so far, she lives in Moonlight Falls.
tumblr_lujfqhjqex1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

Origin ID: MaeCaitlin
Post edited by Minecraftlover12 on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I'll be giving some tips and here's my first tip:

Tip #1:If your angry at your game, don't play it because believe me it isn't fun, once I accidentally destroyed a challenge and I deleted the backup :s
    Post edited by Minecraftlover12 on

• Options
    HingeonHingeon Posts: 16 New Member
    I am obsessed with 100 Baby Challenges and I can't stop making so many files about the challenge! Do you have Sims 4? If so, I can add your sim to my upcoming 100 Baby Challenge Blog as a friend of the heiress! :3
  • Options
    @Hingeon

No unfortunately I don't have the sims 4 at the moment because I have a mac :'( I've only completed the challenge in sims 3 but still give me a link to your baby challenge blog when it's up :)

• Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Hello~! I love 100 baby challenge sharing corner's cx I'm actually up to 13 kids right now!!
    1. Arin [M]
    2. Danny [M]
    3. Suzy [F]
    4,5,6,7. Ross,Tiffany,Jon,Barry [M,F,M,M]
    8,9,10,11. William,Tasia,Ashley,Ryan [M,F,F,M]
    12,13. Ridley,Marvel [F,F]
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    @Minecraftlover12 Haha, that's okay! I'm starting the challenge in Sims 3 too, so that'll be fun :smiley:

@princess2109‌ Wow! 13 kids? In my Sims 3 game, I'm up to six :smile:
  • Options
    @Hingeon‌ Yep~!
    My record from another game is actually 18 c:
  • Options
    @princess2109 Ooh! What kind of starter house did you use? I'm looking for a suitable one for my storyline, it needs to look abandoned and hobo-ish? Any ideas?
  • Options
    Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    I have a 100 BC, it's at halloway100babychallenge.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

I'm up to 15 kids
    (1. Amber
    2. Deacon
    3. Oliver
    4, 5 Brannon and Lachlan
    6. Rue
    7. Josh
    8, 9, 10 Ishanti, Dee Dee and Seamus
    11. Zaidyn
    12, 13 Micah and Eira
    14. Alysia
    15. Selah)

No tips in particular that I can think of, though.
  • Options
    Oh, I do have a tip. Keep the nursery, toddler toys and the kitchen on the same floor, because often if you keep the toddlers and the highchairs on different floors, the toddlers will try to crawl/walk to the highchairs (failing of course, toddlers can't use stairs) and then they won't be fed. Therefore, to save time, keep the toddlers and their things on the same floor.
  • Options
    @princess2109, Hi! well done for getting to 13 kids :)

I'll show you my list of kids
    1.Aidan,2. Amy Lee,3. Adam (M,F,M)
    4. Bethany,5. Belle (F,F)

I've forgot all the other kids names but I know I have more than that, I'll get them and update this post :)
    8. 9.

@Makayla_MakaPaka Your 100 BC is great! :D Good tip as well, sometimes it gets the toddlers in a angry screaming frenzy because they can't get to their toy box and if you feed them in highchairs you have to pick them up one by one (I shove them on the floor, great parenting skills)

• Options
    @Hingeon‌ Iended up building this giant great houses for each of my challenges. So I can't really say I have much of an insight on starter house ^^;

I do have a bathroom tip though!
    The more kids in the house the worse the bathroom situation gets, right? Well I have mine set up like this for convenience
    307oqoi.jpg
    this way, say I have 12 kids that have to get ready for school.
    Six can use the bathroom while the other six showers. Then they simply switch rooms or do whatever else they have to do before school! it's super easy and no one gets stuck!
  • Options
    Hingeon wrote: »
    @princess2109 Ooh! What kind of starter house did you use? I'm looking for a suitable one for my storyline, it needs to look abandoned and hobo-ish? Any ideas?

Well my starter house didn't look abandoned, but it had two bedrooms (each were 4x5 I think) a 4x2 bathroom, and then the rest of the house was a combined kitchen/dining/living which was a total of about 5x12 I think. Actually.... there might be a top view of my starter house on the first page of my BC. To make it look abandoned, just put in some long grass, maybe a pond, and then there should be some run-down-looking wallpapers and floors in Build mode. I guess that's all you'd be able to do, unless you downloaded CC. There'd be heaps of abandoned houses on CC sites.
    @Makayla_MakaPaka Your 100 BC is great! :D Good tip as well, sometimes it gets the toddlers in a angry screaming frenzy because they can't get to their toy box and if you feed them in highchairs you have to pick them up one by one (I shove them on the floor, great parenting skills)

Thank you! I need a new update, and I also need to put more effort into it, but thank you for your compliment! When people say stuff like that, it makes my day.

I normally just drop them on the floor and give them a bottle, but now that I've got teens it makes me seem like more of a responsible parent to have the mother or the teens put them in a high chair. Of course, they normally get left there for a while....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @princess2109 said:
    > Hingeon‌ Iended up building this giant great houses for each of my challenges. So I can't really say I have much of an insight on starter house ^^;
    >
    > I do have a bathroom tip though!
    > The more kids in the house the worse the bathroom situation gets, right? Well I have mine set up like this for convenience
    >
    > this way, say I have 12 kids that have to get ready for school.
    > Six can use the bathroom while the other six showers. Then they simply switch rooms or do whatever else they have to do before school! it's super easy and no one gets stuck!

Thanks for the bathroom tip! I will keep it in mind so that when I update the house, it will be bigger!
    My sim has bought this abandoned family home, and she has made it pretty and new. I also have my new blog up. I can't give a link, but its decembers100babychallenge.blogspot.co.uk

I'll post more, and I will check out everyone else's blog too :smile:
  • Options
    Oh! Also, here's a tip. If you give a home birth, you will gain a higher relationship with your child. Tried this out with little Baby #1 Hugo Hein, and him and his Mum are great friends!
  • Options
    @Hingeon - I always do home births. I love seeing the little baby come out :blush:
  • Options
    Another tip I thought of - space out babies. From personal experience, I can say it sucks having the single mother looking after 2 toddlers and 3 screaming babies all at the same time :sweat_smile: didn't really think of that when I started my challenge
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I decided I would show you guys Baby #1! file:///C:/Users/Iroria/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%203/Screenshots/Screenshot-79.jpg
    His name is Hugo Hein!
  • Options
    Hello everyone. I'm starting my challenge over because I really did not think it through. But my next challenge will be well set out, and it will be blogged too! If anyone wants their heiress to be friends with my 100 Baby Mother, then I can add you to the blog too <3
  • Options
    @Hingeon cool! is your BC going to be a Sims 4 or Sims 3 challenge :)

• Options
    I've decided it's gonna be a Sims 3! @Minecraftlover12‌
  • Options
    Designergirl81Designergirl81 Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2014
    I just started the 100 Baby Challenge (or I should say started over as I tried it a few years ago only to loose everything to a corrupt file). My founder just had Baby #8 and you can read her story here designergirl81.wordpress.com/100-baby-challenge/100-baby-challenge-prologue/. All of the kids are named after authors. I look forward to your feedback.

So far her kids are:
    Baby 1: Laura (Laura Ingles Wilder)
    Baby 2: Steven (Steven King)
    Baby 3: Chaucer (Geoffrey Chaucer)
    Baby 4: Carol (Lewis Carol)
    Baby 5: Charlotte (Charlotte Bronte)
    Baby 6: Ernest (Ernest Hemingway)
    Baby 7: Jane (Jane Austen)
    Baby 8: Julian (Julian Barnes)

If anyone has a favorite author whose name they would like to recommend I am open to name suggestions.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @‌Designergirl81 - Richard Paul Evans in one of my favorite authors. His name alone could be used if you ever have triplet boys. :)
  • Options
    @Designergirl81 - Stephen King (I know you already have him, but I just wanted to say that he's my all-time favourite!) Jodi Picoult, Maggie Stiefvater, Markus Zusak... that's all I can think of right now :)
  • Options
    Merry Christmas Everyone! o:)

• Options
    Merry Christmas!