Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Serial Code

Everytime I typed my serial code it says
"The product you entered is not valid. Please confirm the the code has been entered correctly"
I bought the sims 3 by store I bought the Sims 3 starter pack and this is my first sims game I had.

Comments

• Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2014
    Check that you're entering the correct serial, In the starter pack, there should be one serial for the base game (Sims 3) and two others for the expansions/stuff packs, that came in the pack in addition to the base game(usually, there's a game logo on the top of the code slip you can use to identify the game/expansion the code is tied to). The codes for the expansions and game are not interchangeable, so the codes will not work if they do not match the product (the game or expansion in question). For an example, you cannot install Sims 3 base game with a Sims3: Pets serial.
    Post edited by HunterInShadow on
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Did you get it as digital download from Origin? If so then the codes will have been used already when Origin registered them automatically to the account that purchased them. Once the codes have been used they will show as invalid if you try to register them again.
  • Options
    colynnzcolynnz Posts: 1 New Member
    This is such an old post... I never saw an actual complete answer to this. I heard that origin requires 20 digits, but EA comes with 16... if this game was purchased in store - how am I to install???
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @colynnz I registered my games on the site and they automatically transferred to Origin. Mind you, I use the same email address for each (:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    @colynnz, the 16 digit code ones that you are seeing are from the copies of the worlds that EA sells in the retail stores and they have their own place to register them on the old TS3 site. The base game, EP's and SP's do have the 20 digit codes. If you have an account over on the TheSims3.com site, then you need to go to your profile page over there and where all of your games/worlds are listed at there is a "Register Game" button there that will take you to the page that you need to register your EP/SP as that's where the 20 digit codes go to. If it's a world that your trying to register, then you need to hover your mice over the :My Page" tab up on that site and go to down to "My Account" to bring up another drop down box and then click on "Redeem A Code" which is the 16 digit code area.

Hope this helps... :)