Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    City living! I've always lived in the city in real life, and although I find the suburban life very peaceful - I feel like having the option for my sims to live in the city allowed me to play the game the way I wanted to! Lovely pack :)

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Customization I think. And also you can shape your own story and live the life you want to :) I've always been super interested on the idea of alternate universes and the Sims really helps me use my imagination to the fullest.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    No cheats, no mods, and no cc. I like playing the game vanilla :)

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes! I have all the EPs and the GPs. I guess I like the lightness of the game, I loved the Sims 3 but my laptop crashed way too often for me to truly enjoy the game. However, the Sims 4 is relatively lighter and less stress to play. Also I like how the sims look and how easy it is to shape how they look.

My least favorite thing is the lack of story progression. The first time I played, all of my townies just aged up and died - and the town quickly became empty! I know you have the aging off option, and the mod to ensure that they get married and have babies so the town doesn't turn into a ghost town, but as a player that enjoys the game vanilla, I feel like this should maybe be a in-game option that you can either turn on/off?

Anyways, I'm a new member and a enthusiastic simmer and am super glad to join the community! :)
    Happy simming everyone!

Hello @minjee_kang :) I have posted on the other introduction thread, but just wanted to say " happy simming" again to you.
    City Living is a great Ep! It is enjoyable having our sims live in apartments in the City and visit festivals.
    It is great that you own all the Sims 4 eps and gps! They add many fun and enjoyable features and activities to the game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    zombiecandlezombiecandle Posts: 9 New Member
    My favorite EP/SP is probably Seasons. I love the the autumn setting and all the trees and new interactions. Generations and Pets are a close second and third. Pets doesn't always agree with my computer, but I LOVE collecting the little animals especially the snakes (since I can't have one IRL :cry: )

I play the Sims 3 so I really enjoy how easy it is to use different CC and to alter your sims to give them more realistic looks.

Motherlode :| at times. And freerealestate.

4. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I've been using my brothers copy. I'm too cheap to buy expansions for the new game, so the base game is pretty boring. However I like the new interactions for toddler sims like tucking them in, it's very cute.
  • Options
    My favorite EP/SP is probably Seasons. I love the the autumn setting and all the trees and new interactions. Generations and Pets are a close second and third. Pets doesn't always agree with my computer, but I LOVE collecting the little animals especially the snakes (since I can't have one IRL :cry: )

I play the Sims 3 so I really enjoy how easy it is to use different CC and to alter your sims to give them more realistic looks.

Motherlode :| at times. And freerealestate.

4. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I've been using my brothers copy. I'm too cheap to buy expansions for the new game, so the base game is pretty boring. However I like the new interactions for toddler sims like tucking them in, it's very cute.

Hello @zombiecandle :) I have posted to you on other hello thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again.
    Seasons is a great Sims 3 Ep! The world landscapes for each of the seasons look so very pretty! They accompanying seasonal activities are enjoyable for our sims to do.
    Toddlers in Sims 4 are very cute! The new Parenthood pack adds great new family life interactions to the game.
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    No clue, I've never paid attention to which items are which packs. xD;; Spa Day most likely, I just can't get enough of those windows.

Building!

The moveobjects I cannot live without.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    I would if I actually remember lmao.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Trying to complete my collection of the packs. This is getting expensive... > > I love how we can build foundations in a click now. Sims 3 foundations was a nightmare. On the other hand, I miss landscaping and split levelling that used to be possible. I know split levelling is still possible but... one level is simply not enough!

But seriously. 30 posts!? Dx Couldn't it have been like 10? This is taking forever!
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    Hello @reanseih :) I have posted to you on other threads but just wanted to say " happy simming "again.
    The moo cheat is so helpful! It allow us s to express our creativity in a variety of ways.
    You will soon get the required posts and points to become a full member .
    There are issues though at the moment with the site not registering new members as full members, even though they have the required posts and points. I hope that they will be resolved for you and other new members very soon.
  • Options
    LottiesimsLottiesims Posts: 57 Member
    Since I've only just got TS4 i can't judge any of the new packs, however in TS3 my favourite packs were Generations and Pets as I love to play with families and thy added so much new gameplay to help my family stories along!

I love love love creating Sims with unique and exciting personalities! Also creating my friends and family and seeing how their sims act is super fun!

With TS3 i always used to use cheats when i first got the game so i could experience everything the game had to offer, however over time this got boring and i'd got super used to cheats so i challenged myself with a homelessness challenge and since then i've used cheats a lot less except for the occasional motherlode to helpmeet get a house done!

I think definitely expand the sims you create to make varied families and individual sims to always keep things interesting! Also one super fun thing to keep the games good is to create stories with your Sims!

I've had TS4 little over a week and have the outdoor retreat GP also. At first i was highly skeptical of the game and its graphics, hence why I've waited years to get it! I find myself however rarely moving off my homelot as I can't quickly switch to other sims in different locations.

Thank you!! Hope anyone seeing this has a super good day! :D
  • Options
    PaleIntrovertPaleIntrovert Posts: 64 Member
    City Living, so far. It just makes the game more fun with people texting your sim :)

I like the creation part of sims!

Sometimes I'll mess with relationship levels if I feel too impatient...not usually, though.

Cloudgazing is apparently THE way to make friends fast in the sims 4.

Yes. I like that it runs smoothly, compared to the sims 3. I feel like it's not as well rounded as the sims 3 yet, gameplay wise, but I'm hopeful that it will get there! :)
  • Options
    PaleIntrovertPaleIntrovert Posts: 64 Member
    Shoot, I meant Get Together above. I don't even own City Living, arrg.
  • Options
    Lottiesims wrote: »
    Since I've only just got TS4 i can't judge any of the new packs, however in TS3 my favourite packs were Generations and Pets as I love to play with families and thy added so much new gameplay to help my family stories along!

I love love love creating Sims with unique and exciting personalities! Also creating my friends and family and seeing how their sims act is super fun!

With TS3 i always used to use cheats when i first got the game so i could experience everything the game had to offer, however over time this got boring and i'd got super used to cheats so i challenged myself with a homelessness challenge and since then i've used cheats a lot less except for the occasional motherlode to helpmeet get a house done!

I think definitely expand the sims you create to make varied families and individual sims to always keep things interesting! Also one super fun thing to keep the games good is to create stories with your Sims!

I've had TS4 little over a week and have the outdoor retreat GP also. At first i was highly skeptical of the game and its graphics, hence why I've waited years to get it! I find myself however rarely moving off my homelot as I can't quickly switch to other sims in different locations.

Thank you!! Hope anyone seeing this has a super good day! :D

Hello @Lottiesims :) Generations and Pets are great Sims 3 eps! They both added great feature to family life! It is enjoyable having cats, dogs and horses as a part of the sims household, and see the interactions between the sims and their pets.
    Creating sims is a very special part of simming! It is fun creating sims form versions of our family, friends and celebrities! It is enjoyable working out outfits for them to wear for the various categories.

Happy creating and simming! :)
  • Options
    City Living, so far. It just makes the game more fun with people texting your sim :)

I like the creation part of sims!

Sometimes I'll mess with relationship levels if I feel too impatient...not usually, though.

Cloudgazing is apparently THE way to make friends fast in the sims 4.

Yes. I like that it runs smoothly, compared to the sims 3. I feel like it's not as well rounded as the sims 3 yet, gameplay wise, but I'm hopeful that it will get there! :)

Hello @PaleIntrovert :)
    Get together is a great Ep! The clubs system is very useful! Windeburg is a very pretty world.
    It is nice that you enjoy creating sims in your game. The sims 4 cas tools are very helpful in allowing us to make sims that reflect how we want them to look.
    It is a great tip that cloud gazing is helpful for making friends!
  • Options
    LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    1. Favourite EP/SP.
    For the sims 4, I'd have to say Get Together. I love being able to give my sims a better social life than I have, hehe.
    For the sims 3, it's gotta be pets or seasons. I don't think I have a single family without a pet. It is a must have expansion, for me. Seasons, I just LOVE the snow. It doesn't snow where I live, so I like to live through my sims and play in the snow.
    For the sims 2, pets again.

2. Favourite thing about the game.
    I'd have to say the realism. I like to play with vampires, and witches every now and then, but I really just like the realism. I love being able to create an adult version of myself, and shape my perfect life.

3. What cheats do I use.
    Ok, I'll admit, I do use cheats occasionally. For the sims 3, I often used the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, so I could teleport my sims around and delete the repo man when he tried to steal my stuff. Not to mention, deleting the burglars. I also used money cheats, but mostly just to build houses. Oh, and motive cheats, for when I had too many sims at once and it was too hard to take care of everyone.
    For the sims 4, I tend to use the freerealestate cheat quite a lot. Also, testing cheats on, my sims always seem to glitch and I need to reset them. Sometimes I also just promote their jobs with cheats, especially if the job glitches, same with skills.
    Sims 2, I only know the cheat to control pets, so that's the only one I use.

4. Haha, not really. I do consider myself a hardcore simmer, but every trick I know seems to be pretty popular. I doubt any of the tricks I know would not already be common knowledge.

5. Yes I do! It's actually my favourite of the sims franchise. I love the graphics, and the game runs so smoothly. There are so many new additions that just make the game more fun for me to play! The expansion packs feel more in depth, and more complete too. The sims 4 toddlers are (in my opinion) easily the best! It may have taken 2 years, but it was definitely worth the wait. Something I dislike, is that my game often crashes, and I lose all my progress, but oh well! I can't wait for the future of the sims 4, and I hear that pets may be coming in November. I sure hope so, but take your time, sims. Don't rush!
  • Options
    LilyBear94 wrote: »
    1. Favourite EP/SP.
    For the sims 4, I'd have to say Get Together. I love being able to give my sims a better social life than I have, hehe.
    For the sims 3, it's gotta be pets or seasons. I don't think I have a single family without a pet. It is a must have expansion, for me. Seasons, I just LOVE the snow. It doesn't snow where I live, so I like to live through my sims and play in the snow.
    For the sims 2, pets again.

2. Favourite thing about the game.
    I'd have to say the realism. I like to play with vampires, and witches every now and then, but I really just like the realism. I love being able to create an adult version of myself, and shape my perfect life.

3. What cheats do I use.
    Ok, I'll admit, I do use cheats occasionally. For the sims 3, I often used the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, so I could teleport my sims around and delete the repo man when he tried to steal my stuff. Not to mention, deleting the burglars. I also used money cheats, but mostly just to build houses. Oh, and motive cheats, for when I had too many sims at once and it was too hard to take care of everyone.
    For the sims 4, I tend to use the freerealestate cheat quite a lot. Also, testing cheats on, my sims always seem to glitch and I need to reset them. Sometimes I also just promote their jobs with cheats, especially if the job glitches, same with skills.
    Sims 2, I only know the cheat to control pets, so that's the only one I use.

4. Haha, not really. I do consider myself a hardcore simmer, but every trick I know seems to be pretty popular. I doubt any of the tricks I know would not already be common knowledge.

5. Yes I do! It's actually my favourite of the sims franchise. I love the graphics, and the game runs so smoothly. There are so many new additions that just make the game more fun for me to play! The expansion packs feel more in depth, and more complete too. The sims 4 toddlers are (in my opinion) easily the best! It may have taken 2 years, but it was definitely worth the wait. Something I dislike, is that my game often crashes, and I lose all my progress, but oh well! I can't wait for the future of the sims 4, and I hear that pets may be coming in November. I sure hope so, but take your time, sims. Don't rush!

Hello @LilyBear94 :)
    Get Together is a great Sims 4 pack! The clubs system is very helpful and enjoyable to use in our games! Sims 2 and 3 pets are great eps! It is special having animal members in the households and watching them interact with our sims and other pets. The world landscapes that come with Seasons are very pretty!
    Cheats are very helpful in different situations that occur in the game. They can help to fix up glitches that arise, and can help make things a little easier to accomplish if we have difficulties in the game.
    Sims 4 Toddlers are very cute! It will be great if Pets Ep does come in November!
  • Options
    SchnapsPeachSchnapsPeach Posts: 58 Member
    1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why?
    Get Together. I adore Windenburg and the whole style this EP brings to the game. And clubs are also great.

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    You can make diverse characters and great stories.

MOO and enablefreebuild

Use binary search to find bad CC :)

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    I have. I like that it is really stable. I also like the multitasking. What I don't like is having a loading screen when travelling, but I guess that is the tradeoff we have to make to get this good performance.
  • Options
    1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why?
    Get Together. I adore Windenburg and the whole style this EP brings to the game. And clubs are also great.

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    You can make diverse characters and great stories.

MOO and enablefreebuild

Use binary search to find bad CC :)

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    I have. I like that it is really stable. I also like the multitasking. What I don't like is having a loading screen when travelling, but I guess that is the tradeoff we have to make to get this good performance.

Hello @SchnapsPeach :)
    Get together is a very great Ep! Windenburg is a very pretty world, and the clubs system is very helpful in the game! It is enjoyable having our sims be part of clubs in the game too !
    The moo cheat is very helpful when doing our builds. It allows us to express our creativity in a variety of new and creative ways!
  • Options
    wkhammwkhamm Posts: 228 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm just getting back into Sims. I last played during the fun of Create a World at the end of Sims 3.

I'm probably having the most fun with City Living right now. I've always enjoyed having my sims live in apartments or dorms, so it's pretty great. The options in Sims 4 are really fantastic. Each apartment feels very unique.

I held off playing Sims 4 for a while, because I thought it didn't really add to anything from Sims 3. I was pretty excited to find out my initial assessment was wrong! There are plenty of new options. My favorite thing it how much better building is now.

Yes. I don't cheat a lot with whatever household I'm currently playing. Most of my cheating happens with the rest of the neighborhood and in build mode (moveobjects). I kind of like my neighborhoods to grown and change around my sim family and not just be a set of aging premade sims and shifting townies. I usually go into various households in my neighborhood, cheat relationships, quickly marry sims that should be together already and start families with premade sims and other townies around the time my sims family is also having children. (I like some interesting choices and friends for my sim children!)

Cheating in money and messing with moods is fun, but play the game like it's meant to be played every now and then. You miss out on a lot by never having poor, unhappy sims! XD

Yes. My favorite thing is the variety it offers, both in design choice and game options. However, I still really miss the open neighborhoods of Sims 3 and the whole new game Create a World brought us.
  • Options
    wkhamm wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm just getting back into Sims. I last played during the fun of Create a World at the end of Sims 3.

I'm probably having the most fun with City Living right now. I've always enjoyed having my sims live in apartments or dorms, so it's pretty great. The options in Sims 4 are really fantastic. Each apartment feels very unique.

I held off playing Sims 4 for a while, because I thought it didn't really add to anything from Sims 3. I was pretty excited to find out my initial assessment was wrong! There are plenty of new options. My favorite thing it how much better building is now.

Yes. I don't cheat a lot with whatever household I'm currently playing. Most of my cheating happens with the rest of the neighborhood and in build mode (moveobjects). I kind of like my neighborhoods to grown and change around my sim family and not just be a set of aging premade sims and shifting townies. I usually go into various households in my neighborhood, cheat relationships, quickly marry sims that should be together already and start families with premade sims and other townies around the time my sims family is also having children. (I like some interesting choices and friends for my sim children!)

Cheating in money and messing with moods is fun, but play the game like it's meant to be played every now and then. You miss out on a lot by never having poor, unhappy sims! XD

Yes. My favorite thing is the variety it offers, both in design choice and game options. However, I still really miss the open neighborhoods of Sims 3 and the whole new game Create a World brought us.

Hello @wkhamm :) Welcome back to simming and the new forums!
    City Living is a great Ep! It is great that there is a variety of types of apartments for our sims to enjoy living in, with there also being an option to live in a penthouse too!
    Building is a special part of simming! The sims 4 bulld tools are very helpful as we design and create homes and venues. The roofing tool allows creativity !
    It is a good idea to use cheats for other sims households in your game. It sets up certain families and their background details , which can then help with your own sims as they interact with the sims in their world,
  • Options
    wkhammwkhamm Posts: 228 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @wkhamm :) Welcome back to simming and the new forums!
    > City Living is a great Ep! It is great that there is a variety of types of apartments for our sims to enjoy living in, with there also being an option to live in a penthouse too!
    > Building is a special part of simming! The sims 4 bulld tools are very helpful as we design and create homes and venues. The roofing tool allows creativity !
    > It is a good idea to use cheats for other sims households in your game. It sets up certain families and their background details , which can then help with your own sims as they interact with the sims in their world,
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! It's good to be back! :smile:
  • Options
    wkhamm wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @wkhamm :) Welcome back to simming and the new forums!
    > City Living is a great Ep! It is great that there is a variety of types of apartments for our sims to enjoy living in, with there also being an option to live in a penthouse too!
    > Building is a special part of simming! The sims 4 bulld tools are very helpful as we design and create homes and venues. The roofing tool allows creativity !
    > It is a good idea to use cheats for other sims households in your game. It sets up certain families and their background details , which can then help with your own sims as they interact with the sims in their world,
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! It's good to be back! :smile:

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    Seasons because it add alot of outdoor content

My favorite thiing about the sims is that its a very casual and relazing game.

i never use cheats but i do have some mods to help with the games overall performance

i dont have it yet but i will get it eventually!
  • Options
    Jerry4 wrote: »
    Seasons because it add alot of outdoor content

My favorite thiing about the sims is that its a very casual and relazing game.

i never use cheats but i do have some mods to help with the games overall performance

i dont have it yet but i will get it eventually!

Hello @Jerry4 :) It is nice to meet you.
    Sims 3 Seasons is a great Ep! It is nice seeing our sims experiencing the different and changing weather conditions , and enjoying doing various seasobsl activities. The world landscapes for each season are very pretty!
    I hope that you will enjoy playing Sims 4 in the future .
  • Options
    AsunaSama10AsunaSama10 Posts: 30 New Member
    [quote="Hinnoriel ;c-13084527"]All this new member stuff stinks I can't post pictures[/quote]

I KNOW RIGHT
  • Options
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! New to the forums and thought I'd drop by :wink:

I don't have very many of them, but the vampire pack is quite aesthetically pleasing <3

Originally it was making Sims, but lately I've been getting into building.

Motherlode - gotta have cash to deck out my houses~

Well, my least favorite thing is that it can be a real time sucker :tongue:
  • Options
    aphelion wrote: »
    Hello! New to the forums and thought I'd drop by :wink:

I don't have very many of them, but the vampire pack is quite aesthetically pleasing <3

Originally it was making Sims, but lately I've been getting into building.

Motherlode - gotta have cash to deck out my houses~

Well, my least favorite thing is that it can be a real time sucker :tongue:

Hello @aphelion :) Welcome to the forums!
    Creating sims and building homes and venues are very enjoyable parts of simming! They are special ways of allowing us to express our creativity through the game, and have fun at the same time! It is nice having our sims living in homes that we have designed especially for them.
    Time does pass very quickly when we are simming!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    evanglinababe19evanglinababe19 Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm new to posting on these forums, so I thought I would stop in :)

Since I unfortunately do not own Sims 4, my favorite pack will have to be from a Sims 3 expansion. I really enjoyed Seasons & University. The aspect of adding season and holidays, not to mention college life, really enhanced my gaming experience.

I really love spending time creating all my household sims along with their friends and then customizing the houses and the towns. I feel like I spend so much time doing that, that I don't always start playing until a week later!

Yes, unfortunately. It does, however, depend on what story I am planning to tell. If I want it to be about a rich sim moving into town, I will use something like "motherlode" or "freerealestate on" to give the sim a certain amount of cash or to put the sim in a house realistic to what story I am trying to tell. I also sometimes use "familyfunds" to remove simoleons from a sim household as well.

I still discover new things I didn't know each time I play or read through guides online. I will say though that using CC Magic and some of the nraas mods, has helped me with loading times and glitches in the game.

Not yet, but I hope to move over eventually. I will say though that I really like the new Parenthood Expansion pack. I think it is a creative take on Sims 3 generations. :)
  • Options
    I'm new to posting on these forums, so I thought I would stop in :)

Since I unfortunately do not own Sims 4, my favorite pack will have to be from a Sims 3 expansion. I really enjoyed Seasons & University. The aspect of adding season and holidays, not to mention college life, really enhanced my gaming experience.

I really love spending time creating all my household sims along with their friends and then customizing the houses and the towns. I feel like I spend so much time doing that, that I don't always start playing until a week later!

Yes, unfortunately. It does, however, depend on what story I am planning to tell. If I want it to be about a rich sim moving into town, I will use something like "motherlode" or "freerealestate on" to give the sim a certain amount of cash or to put the sim in a house realistic to what story I am trying to tell. I also sometimes use "familyfunds" to remove simoleons from a sim household as well.

I still discover new things I didn't know each time I play or read through guides online. I will say though that using CC Magic and some of the nraas mods, has helped me with loading times and glitches in the game.

Not yet, but I hope to move over eventually. I will say though that I really like the new Parenthood Expansion pack. I think it is a creative take on Sims 3 generations. :)

Hello @evanglinababe19 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Sims 3 Seasons is a great Ep! It is enjoyable seeing our sims having fun doing the seasonal activities, and visiting the festivals. The changing and various weather conditions are great! It is nice going to the uni Ep world, and seeing them studying for their degrees, and making new friends as they spend time on the campus.
    Creating sims and building /furnishing homes and venues are special parts of simming! It is enjoyable working out clothing outfits for the sims to wear, and designing homes to suit the sims households.
    Cheats are often very helpful in setting up background story details for our sims. The money cheats are great to use in this way.
    The sims 4 Parenthood pack is great! It adds many great features to family life.