Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I still love scenery

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Just discovered this thread. Am in total awe at the very clever people who make these beautiful worlds and the very talented picture takers. After all the dreadful things that have happened in the UK in the last few weeks, seeing all this is a wonderful tonic :) now please excuse me while I go look at some more of these fantastic posts. Betty

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @xitneverendss Thank you :) It's not the same as capturing the perfect expression but being in a new world has inspired me to look around a bit more :)
    Love your pics, especially the two lighthouse ones. I have always loved lighthouses :)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    They're dark and dreary weather pics, but they have such atmosphere @Rflong7 . Your waterfall pond is really lovely.
    @Mikezumi your pics are awesome ! It's nice to stop and take a look around at the world your sims live in on occasions.
    @xitneverendss , I LOVE that picture. I'm building up an ice world, and there is such stark and simple beauty in those kinds of shots.
    @SPARKY1922 what pretty pics ! I love the morning over the island.
    @king_of_simcity7 I like the bridge shot the best !

Awesome pictures everyone :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    J1ieTIy.jpg
    Wow this picture actually looks real to me :smiley:
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @Mikezumi Thank you! I love the lighthouses too, have too many pictures to count of them. They make such a good foreground for scenery pics!

@Pary Thank you! And I totally agree, winter is by far my favorite season in the sims. I love the cold and dark simplistic beauty of it too, like you mentioned. Would love to see some pics of your ice world!

@coco I know right I thought so too! That's just twinbrook with a simple lighting mod!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Rflong7

Loving the look of dark and broody especially the fog. Will you be using moonlight fall style of lighting in this world?

Everyone's pics are wonderful I really love this thread :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Beautiful pics! Always fun to have a Bigfoot sighting too :) You are such a talented world creator <3

@Pary Thank you :) Because I have always been "comfortable" in SV, I guess I stopped looked at the scenery long ago because I had already seen it all. Having new worlds to look at is definitely exciting even though I feel a little stressed when playing because I need to work out where everything is. When I have a computer that can handle Seasons I imagine that I will once again start looking around SV :)

@xitneverendss My main save on the big lot in SV near the Landgraab and Alto mansions so I see the lighthouse all the time. When possible I will try to line up family pics so that it shows :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Speeeeeaking of family photos, how do you get all of your sims to pose so nicely for them?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @xitneverendss Simple! Move Objects On and turn off free will :)
    Edit to add: Lots of waiting for them to behave and pull the right facial expression :p
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Pary Wow, love those rocks in the water!
    @Mikezumi Hmmm, you sure you're no good at scenic photography? Because those pictures look great to me!
    @SPARKY1922 Ooooooh, the fairy park is so pretty!

Well, I haven't shared a pic here in a while I think so apologies if any of these are repeats!
    mVUaslu.jpg
    b7yHUPk.jpg

yZJ1wX4.jpg

30LRbfL.jpg

LmSsLqV.jpg

tMhHdQ3.jpg

T4luWgY.jpg

J1ieTIy.jpg

feNncRN.jpg

@xitneverendss: Beautiful pictures! What light mod are you using? I so love 7th picture down under the spoiler! It's GORGEOUS!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

I really do love this thread, so much beauty in one place <3

Screenshot-1389_zpsde7rfjix.jpg

Screenshot-1397_zpsnzcvkpot.jpg

Screenshot-1401_zps93oifqwi.jpg

Screenshot-1403_zpsc3mxlwvi.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Gah, I should have known it would be that easy! Thank you :)

@aricarai Aw, thank you! And here is the lighting mod http://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/146704527436/uranesian-weather-this-is-the-weather-ive-created

I fell in love with it after I saw @Simasaurus09 using it and had to grab it for myself. Not everyone is a fan of the green mornings though.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SPARKY1922, @xitneverendss, @Rflong7 and @aricarai Beautiful pictures :smile:

@Pary Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks everyone today I have been kitting out @Rflong7's my Bridgeport World as I have always loved Bridgeport but not the small amount of lots we have to go at :)

Sun going down over the city

fod72b.jpg

I absolutely love the little swamp area where I can fit in an Elixir store/farm nectary etc

jg1vmr.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh I love that @Rflong7 ... I think we really need a "dark" type world. Not just in lighting but in content as well. Skeletons, gravestones, perhaps Silent Hill sort of stuff.

Not sure if anyone has done anything "dark". I've looked at the Silent Hill World that was made, but it isn't really dark in much respect, except to throw a minimum of 60 fog emitters on EACH LOT :(
    I'd love something where my creepy supernaturals would feel at home.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Rflong7

Awesome I am looking forward to this world in fact I have held of rebuilding Moonlight falls because I am going to use your world when it's ready :) I love the skeleton on the tree touch :)

@Pary

While I haven't looked around for particularly dark themed worlds I agree with your statement "a better home for my supernaturals to play" as although I love the atmosphere of Moonlight falls map is so spaced out and I would love smaller areas for each different supernaturals. wow lol 60 fog emitters on each lot now I am sure that would cause lag on the best of computers :)
  • Options
    @Rflong7

It sounds a really good and well thought out supernatural world. I also confess to never playing mermaids enough but I think they would totally fit in that world. I have also never played in a world outside of EA's vacation worlds where tombs and the like have been added so again I think that is a really nice touch as occasionally I think I would love to go do that but cannot face the lengthy loading screen to travel-) so it would be really great to have that option in the home world itself. The more you describe this world the more I want to play in it ASAP :)

@king_of_simcity7

Lovely pic reminds me of all the vacations I have ever had and would like to be on right now :)
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Off topic

As you may have noticed many links to photobucket pictures in this thread are broken. They now want to charge $399 a year for third party hosting. I have gotten an account on imgur and have moved over some screenshots for a building contest. I probably will never move over all my Sims 3 screenshots but before I start moving over any more I'd like to know what photo hosting site everyone is using and how do you like it?

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top