Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    oh, hey look! More autonomous annoying behavior introduced with this!

http://imgur.com/gallery/q3glI
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    oh, hey look! More autonomous annoying behavior introduced with this!

http://imgur.com/gallery/q3glI

Oh wow ! I'm hoping they patch I. Something to tune that down or someone creates a mod. That's got to be highly annoying after a while.

As for me, I'm waiting for June 22 to buy the bundle pack. Seems so far away but I'm going to be patient

Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I haven´t had much time to play yet but I just finished my pimples mod. So exited that it works exactly as I had planned beforehand. You can download via the link in my signature if you are interested (but I guess most of you here are playing vanilla, right?).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have played about 4 sim days with the new pack, but I haven't really scratched the surface of it yet. I can say, however, that there are many lovely new objects in the pack.

I think this is the type of GP that will take a while to experience.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    edited June 2017
    So I spent the last few weeks building up a save in sims 4 and with the parenting pack just coming out it seemed like a great opportunity to show some pics from the save.
    So I created Evie McCarthy, a creative outdoorsy sim that loves experimenting with everything. So she fell for the buff Marcus Flex from G2G at his usual hangout at the gym. I was a little concerned with this development as he is not the most committed of sims but he has been rather surprising, maybe its his maturity as he is older than Evie.
    05-17-17_11-02-17AM_zpsostyllyh.png
    They were dating for a while, before Evie finally wanted to propose and on a date night at the gym (what can I say Marcus really likes being buff) they eloped.
    05-18-17_12-50-08PM_zpsrbmwfema.png
    05-18-17_12-50-56PM_zps0vlxu9jp.png
    They do make a lovely couple. With Evie in the science career and Marcus in the astronaut career they didn't get much time together, so date nights whether at a restaurant or gym or club were always special for the newly weds. Its a wonder how they managed to produce triplets.
    05-28-17_3-56-01PM_zpsuywtcmva.png
    A truly unexpected surprise and one I wasn't sure I wanted on my first real go at toddlers and the parenting pack, but Im taking it one sim day at a time and so is Evie and Marcus. Evie is a natural parent when it comes to the boys and Marcus has been a lovely surprise. I thought because on his non-committed trait he would always be angry but he seems to love having them and is really good at the potty training (it seems to be his thing to do when Im not controlling him.)
    So let me introduce the terrors.
    So Oscar is independent and a lovely little well behaved cap. He pretty much looks after himself.
    06-01-17_4-38-17PM_zpsqsivnljt.png
    Sammy is the terror of the three, he is always making a mess and taking of his clothes and refusing to do anything the parents want. That's what I get for giving him the wild trait.
    06-01-17_4-40-34PM_zps1sobe6hz.png
    And finally Kayden, he is a little emotional wreck, always crying and wanting attention and generally a soppy mess. But he is a cute little clingy one.
    06-01-17_4-43-10PM_zpso6j5nhac.png
    They are cute little toddlers and they are hard work, I admit I enjoy the parents heading off to work and having that break. (I like to follow Evie to work) but I cant wait to see how they turn out as they grow up. The new parenting pack so far has really changed the family aspect of the game and obviously its made a whole lot of difference adding toddlers back in. Only two days to go and they will be kids, I wonder how the parents will control them then.

Happy Simming! and I will try to give an update in a week or so.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well I have not posted in here for a while but I am finally back to being a member!

Happy Simming :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Can the family tree add great grandparents, son in laws, daughters in laws, etc...etc...please !
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2017
    My twin toddler sisters (one is supposed to be bad-behaved and the other one is supposed to be everybody's darling and I hope they'll develop a sibling rivalry... yes, they are redheads...sims 2, anyone? :smiley: ) and their baby brother are ready for my first parenthood play-session tomorrow :smile:
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Parenthood is AWESOME. Been playing with the family that I gave a toddler back when we got Toddlers in January. I then grew her up to a child, but then stopped playing them for awhile. But they did have a baby when I saved the game. Started Parenthood with them and really it is amazing! All the new fun interactions and some of the objects. Will have to take and post pictures. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I've been super busy with RL the last few weeks, but I bought Parenthood Friday evening. I ended up playing all weekend, and I wish I could take time off work to play more. I'm mostly happy with this pack, there are a few things I wish they'd done a little differently, but it's great so far. It's like they put the same amount of details in Parenthood that they put into the toddler patch, and it shows. very nice. I do wish that the character values stuck with a sim throughout their life, instead of them getting one trait or the other. In my experience, some people continue to grow and change as they age and I'd like to play that. It would have been nice if instead they kept the character values at growing up, and then the permanent traits were instead an adaptable range that changes with the sim's life experiences. I could probably just cheat that if I wanted.

One minor frustration (or not so minor while I play), what is up with Wolfgang Munch? I don't mean his personality, that's perfect. He's going to be a uptight little jerk in my game. My problem is he walks halfway to town when going to work or school. The other family members walk to the street in front of the house and then disappear. Wolfgang is constantly late for school and work, and it's so annoying.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been super busy with RL the last few weeks, but I bought Parenthood Friday evening. I ended up playing all weekend, and I wish I could take time off work to play more. I'm mostly happy with this pack, there are a few things I wish they'd done a little differently, but it's great so far. It's like they put the same amount of details in Parenthood that they put into the toddler patch, and it shows. very nice. I do wish that the character values stuck with a sim throughout their life, instead of them getting one trait or the other. In my experience, some people continue to grow and change as they age and I'd like to play that. It would have been nice if instead they kept the character values at growing up, and then the permanent traits were instead an adaptable range that changes with the sim's life experiences. I could probably just cheat that if I wanted.

One minor frustration (or not so minor while I play), what is up with Wolfgang Munch? I don't mean his personality, that's perfect. He's going to be a uptight little jerk in my game. My problem is he walks halfway to town when going to work or school. The other family members walk to the street in front of the house and then disappear. Wolfgang is constantly late for school and work, and it's so annoying.

About Wolfgang.. this is happening to me too.. I don't play families much with little kids but have been since the Parenthood Pack. I'm playing Max Villareal, and that family plus my sim who moved in. Anyway everyone in that family goes to the front and disappears when the go anywhere but when Max goes to school or if I invite toddlers over (other kids my sim has) their point to spawn in is all the way across the island in front of one of the empty houses.. it's bugging me to the point that I might move that family to a smaller hood because when they are young their needs are a little harder to keep up with. I like sims living on that island though... I didn't know if this is just a Windenburg thing or even something I just never noticed?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Is that on the 64*64 lot. I moved my family there and the child sim used to do that to. Interestingly the walk across the island stopped at some point but I don't know why.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Is that on the 64*64 lot. I moved my family there and the child sim used to do that to. Interestingly the walk across the island stopped at some point but I don't know why.

At least I know it use to happen to someone.. :)
    I couldn't tell if it was something buggy or not. Yes it's that huge lot. The teen didn't do the long walk just the little ones.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm sorry that others are dealing with it, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I plan to move Wolfgang when he ages up, if it starts happening to Lucas when he ages to teen, I'll just move the whole family.

I wish I wasn't stuck here at work (I'm posting on my lunch break). I want to go home and play.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Glad you are having fun with the new pack.

I am taking things slowly and just playing my regular game. My live-in nanny got the sack after becoming pregnant and she is now living on her own in a small trailer in the desert. Well... of course, she's not completely on her own as she now has a daughter, Mya. She absolutely adores her. (Don Lothario is the absent father - who else? Lol)

271.png?dl=0

She makes money off painting, but doesn't paint for long as she would never neglect her little girl.
    272.png?dl=0
  • Options
    I'm playing in Windenburg also, and I had to remodel the house to add extra bedrooms for the kids. Hope to play some tonight so I can post pics for you all. :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Fallen onto the second page?

Just a friendly bump for anyone who is still here :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I'm still here, and enjoying parenthood. My sister was down for the last week, and with work, I haven't had much time for playing or pics. How are you @king_of_simcity7
  • Options
    I'm still here. Need to post pics too, but I've been busy with work. Hope everyone is doing well. :)<3
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I'm still here, but have kind of stopped playing atm. Love seeing pictures though and hearing what others are doing.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    My sims Tiffany and Devon ;).

Pregnancy!
    0OgTSrK.png

7kvfvoA.png

Tiffany felt sick a lot during it all, but never threw up :wink:-
    fxfMAGN.png

Beaming with love/pride-
    0mBOCJo.png

2nd trimester-
    3qINdpe.png

3rd trimester big bump-
    NX0joTr.png

Ice cream and coffee for the pregnant lady XD-
    MnW847g.png

Pregnancy photos
    RkWklHO.png

Not pregnant vs pregnant!
    CncEWeS.png
    OlTlL0p.png

Panic-
    Yu3jeyD.png

Baby girl Hope Hopkins! :)-
    6Pod8Gx.png
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Aged her up after a sim day or so...I was too curious about her looks/genetics! XD, but she definitely looks a lot like her mama!
    8kDWdfJ.png

pvn2sMn.png
    N64nLtq.png
    EVDYBYz.png
    M6SYYHj.png

Pretty sure she's a daddy's girl though! XD.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    @NShippudenFan really lovely photos. I'm the same way I get so curious about what they will look like at the different stages and how genetics will impact.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @NShippudenFan Adorable family.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Love the pics NShippudenFan! Cute family!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top