Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @Bilmonaghan : That chapter gave me a good morning lols (yup, it's still morning here). And, wow, it's already 11th chapter? I wonder what chapter the gen 3 will be at, hehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    ... wonder what chapter the gen 3 will be at, hehe.
    Gen 3!?! Sims 7 will be out before I get to Gen 3, at this rate! Ba hahaha!
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I've just been trying to find eligible Sims for my two YA's and I can't. I really didn't want to import anymore Sims from the gallery, but I've only encountered a handful of Townies and there's no click...
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @bilmonaghan - My favorite line in a long time: "...leaning languidly against a sunbeam." The lighting in this chapter is amazing! It's like she's slipping a moonbeam on her finger.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    A new update!

There's also voting for who your favorite generation 3 heir to be is.
    http://sims4fletcher.blogspot.com/2014/11/G02E09-race-for-heirship.html

I finally finished your story and I also voted! :smile:
    I love the pictures and the speech bubbles, so funny!
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    Rivie wrote: »
    A new update!

I finally finished your story and I also voted! :smile:
    I love the pictures and the speech bubbles, so funny!

Thank you for reading and for voting. I appreciate that you think it's funny!
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Rivie wrote: »
    @enkeli63
    I was going through your blog (finally read all chapters! boy was I confused lol but excited to read more), I'm glad you're better and back :smile:

I've read two stories so far from this group, I now have to start on the others. But I'm also here to say that I'm almost done with Day One in the big brother house so I can post it, I just took a lot of screenshots. So here's the info for my story:

Story Title: Big Brother The Red House
    Author Name: Lux Conant
    Story URL: http://luxsimsworld.blogspot.com/p/bb-red-house.html
    Brief Description: 8 strangers living together under one roof for 7 weeks. Making friends and enemies. Only one gets to live in the house until the end.
    Story Avatar: avatar_zps2f132b7e.jpg

@Rivie, You were confused by my story? In what way--or was that cleared up in a later chapter? I do have several elements of the story that have not been exposed, like the story's past (the war and missing characters), and the main one: the nature of reality ;) And it's a serial drama, so some things will not be resolved until Season Two. Surely by then, new plots will emerge that will not be resolved until Season Three (if the game is stable enough for me to play multiple generations of my District!).

Anyways, now to check your links and see about getting your story listed in the front page of the thread ;)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Celiria wrote: »
    I'm not sure if we are allowed to have multiple stories in this topic but I started a new one so here's the info anyway. If it's only one per person then let me know and I will delete this post.

Story Title: Dancing Shadow
    Author Name: Celiria
    Story URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801902/dancing-shadow/p1
    Brief Description: A story based around a single question, what happens when a reaper, doesn't want to be a reaper?
    Story Avatar: dancing-shadow-avatar.png

@Celiria, is the other story still active? Or has it been concluded? Additional stories by the same author can be listed, but I'd prefer to display your currently active one first, and any concluded or on hold stories can be marked as such. (Some readers want to read a completed story in a few sittings rather than follow it as it's been published.)

OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    @AkramA, I love heir polls and stuff like that! How exciting B) I made my vote count! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for voting! I love doing interactive stuff.
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @AkramA - Oh, boy! So fun! I love Rose. And the twins are absolutely amazing. How cute and fun that they both rolled bro! That's perfect!
    Yeah, the bro stuff, I might've cheated a little bit there, when I saw Theo rolled bro, I just, like, man, they have to be both bro! Hehe.
    Oh they're definitely both rolled bro, yeah, what are the chance!

@AkramA, I think Legacy Stories sometimes really benefit from bending a rule or two--it really helps to keep readers on their toes ;) I mean, the trouble with a Legacy is that most Sims story readers have probably done a Legacy and might've written a Legacy story before even, so they know the rules as good or better than you. So you should surprise them from time to time, without totally breaking all the rules and making yourself feel bad. For example: In my final Sims 3 Legacy, I had my heiress move out of the family home :o But it was a second property owned by the family--so she never got mail at her own house and her parents could walk in whenever they wanted, and sending her "home" would send her to her parents' house, but she totally moved out of the ancestral home!

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    That's great!! I can't keep up with all the wonderful stories you all write!!! I'm trying, though. I'll get caught up with everyone eventually :wink:
    Ain't it tough, keeping up? Don't you worry, keep up the good work! These links ain't going nowhere (thanks @ankeli63!) You'll catch up with everybody, and vice versa!

I need the flu, for like five days!

@Bilmonaghan, thanks for your support! I should point out that this thread also relies on all of you to keep it on the front page of the story section ;) That helps all the writers in the group get exposure for their stories, and it helps the developers too. (I'm quite certain that ideas expressed in our stories influence the developers when they're thinking of new features to add!)

But you're right, I'll do my very best to keep all the links up and working. (If we get some links breaking over time, or story avatars going missing without the authors being in touch, I might have to prune the list.)
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    @enkeli63: Well, that was not the first time I bend a rule and I love telling my readers that I feel bad about it as it also additional story to the legacy.

One more thing! I **insert_swear_word** ing love this thread. I mean, the discussion in here is just priceless. Oh, so many good stories to read.
  • Options
    Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member

One more thing! I **insert_swear_word** ing love this thread. I mean, the discussion in here is just priceless. Oh, so many good stories to read.

I agree!
    I haven't been on the forum for what feels like aaaages!
    This thread was just starting out.
    But look at it now, growing so big and I've found some really fun and interesting stories. :smile:
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    I'm not sure if we are allowed to have multiple stories in this topic but I started a new one so here's the info anyway. If it's only one per person then let me know and I will delete this post.

Story Title: Dancing Shadow
    Author Name: Celiria
    Story URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801902/dancing-shadow/p1
    Brief Description: A story based around a single question, what happens when a reaper, doesn't want to be a reaper?
    Story Avatar: dancing-shadow-avatar.png

@Celiria, is the other story still active? Or has it been concluded? Additional stories by the same author can be listed, but I'd prefer to display your currently active one first, and any concluded or on hold stories can be marked as such. (Some readers want to read a completed story in a few sittings rather than follow it as it's been published.)

Both are active. If you want the more active one first my Life and Times story is going to continue to be updated as close to daily as I can manage while the new one is one I'm going to work on as I get a chance to play it between my first story and schoolwork.
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    ... These links ain't going nowhere (thanks @ankeli63!) You'll catch up with everybody, and vice versa!
    @Bilmonaghan, thanks for your support! ... But you're right, I'll do my very best to keep all the links up and working. (If we get some links breaking over time, or story avatars going missing without the authors being in touch, I might have to prune the list.)
    Oh! No! You misunderstood! Only the "thanks" was directed at you. The "tough keeping up" part was just directed at who I was commenting to on that post. And all I meant there is how tough it is as a member of The Sims 4 Storyteller Group to keep up with all the great stories and interesting authors gathering under your wings on this thread. I think you've started something really interesting. And helpful. We owe you!
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: Chapter 12: C’est Sur Nous
    Dimenche and Katelynn learn more about Disappearing Townie Syndrome on their first real date.
    150xlddxii.png
    I was all excited about posting a four-chapter holiday weekend special but things went all catterwompus as I was working in getting this chapter up. Somehow I ended up with two versions out there. I managed to get it down to one version but then realized the left/right navigation arrowy thingy on the right side of the page was still pointing at a deleted page and I had no idea how to fix it.

Then the power went out! I kid you not! The power's on now (duh!) and I was able to fix the left/right arrow thingy (no idea how).

In the course of which I unavoidably burned off a comment from @aroseinbloom. That was not on purpose, you're comments are always, particularly, most welcome. In response:
    a) Yeah, I never thought Karli was really serious. I thought she was mainly trying to Rile Up Katelynn out of mischievousness (I don't know what her traits are, I'm just kinda guessing/projecting that Mean is on the menu).
    b) Ah, come on! If I did the math right, that's like 18 hours 15 minutes in human years! You should be so lucky! Ba hahaha ha ha!
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: Chapter 13 – Still Life with Confetti
    Dimenche and Katelynn get unexpected help, and a ruling from Pinstar MCLXI.
    150xxlddxiii.png
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    A new update!

Voted! Can't wait to see who wins and what happens next.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: Chapter 12: C’est Sur Nous
    Dimenche and Katelynn learn more about Disappearing Townie Syndrome on their first real date.
    150xlddxii.png
    I was all excited about posting a four-chapter holiday weekend special but things went all catterwompus as I was working in getting this chapter up. Somehow I ended up with two versions out there. I managed to get it down to one version but then realized the left/right navigation arrowy thingy on the right side of the page was still pointing at a deleted page and I had no idea how to fix it.

Then the power went out! I kid you not! The power's on now (duh!) and I was able to fix the left/right arrow thingy (no idea how).

In the course of which I unavoidably burned off a comment from @aroseinbloom. That was not on purpose, you're comments are always, particularly, most welcome. In response:
    a) Yeah, I never thought Karli was really serious. I thought she was mainly trying to Rile Up Katelynn out of mischievousness (I don't know what her traits are, I'm just kinda guessing/projecting that Mean is on the menu).
    b) Ah, come on! If I did the math right, that's like 18 hours 15 minutes in human years! You should be so lucky! Ba hahaha ha ha!

Oh, geez. Really, ah-hem, uhhh...quick to pull to the trigger here, eh? Like...ummm...if only you could have held out, like, 2 more minutes, then everyone could have been happy?

Heh. I'm going to go back and read the new version now. And the new chapter while I drink tea. And eat cookies.

Also? You're right... ;)
  • Options
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: Chapter 14 – Reckoning
    The honeymoon's over and the bills are due.
    150xlddxiv.png
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: Chapter 13 – Still Life with Confetti
    Dimenche and Katelynn get unexpected help, and a ruling from Pinstar MCLXI.
    150xxlddxiii.png

Well, those chapter made me learn something! Never drink any kind of drink when reading your post. Haha, it's too hilarious I spray my laptop screen with orange juice.
    rosewatchsomething.png

@aroseinbloom: Thanks for voting! I can say that there will be drama on the next episode.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    UPDATE: Never mind, it seems to have healed itsownself! Unless one a you guys hacked your way in and fixed it for me. It wasn't anything I did.
    Hey: Anyone who uses WordPress: I managed to break part of my blog. WordPress somehow automagically builds this left/right arrow navigation thingy on the right side of the page that lets you go back and forth between chapters. But I broke it around Chapter 12. Beyond that point, it still goes "back" but the "forth" arrow is gone!

I can't figure out how to get in there and manually fix it. It may not even be fixable for all I know. Does anybody know how I can fix it, or get it to fix itsownself, or how to remove and replace it with one that works?

Thanks in advance! Y'all's help, input, advice and snarky comments are always greatly appreciated. I will be poking around in WordPress and will report back if I find a solution, but piles of unpaid bills and clean laundry and dirty dishes are starting to fall over and intermingle around here, so I really gotta attend some RL stuff too (Stupid RL stuff!).
    Post edited by Bilmonaghan on
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    A new update!

So my vote won't affect the outcome of the election? Cool! Just like IRL!

I like Rose too, but I cast my contrarian vote for Theo. Will you be reporting the results?

ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    A new update!

So my vote won't affect the outcome of the election? Cool! Just like IRL!

I like Rose too, but I cast my contrarian vote for Theo. Will you be reporting the results?

I just wanted to see who readers actually like, so yeah, the outcome have already decided.

I wanted to report the results on this forum, if only the spoiler tags work. Well let me see

Ooops, okay! it kinda, work!
    Post edited by AkramA on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Alrighty

Post edited by Bilmonaghan on
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    Updated a new chapter on my blog. Here's the link..
    http://omalleylegacy.blogspot.com/2014/11/chapter-124-confession.html
    and for my brief..
    Cerulean reveals the secret of his past to Rachael. How does she handle the confession?