Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• Options
    DaemongrinDaemongrin Posts: 60 Member
    > @nateslice said:
    > Well, unfortunately, it looks like Carnegie doesn't get to have a telescope, after all. When I reloaded my game this morning, the observatory had disappeared into the family inventory. I worked on rearranging some stuff, but I still couldn't place it again.
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll have to get to work on that other house design.

Did you check the roof, might have glitched last night but your fresh load up fixed it?
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    My game chucked a whole roomful of furniture into my sims household inventory lol, I couldn't work out why my house value had dropped, then I noticed a room missing....
  • Options
    @katoregama

Ive had a blast playing this challenge, sorry I littered your thread with updates but I think a few people read them and decided to give it a go too. Thank you for posting this challenge, you clearly worked on it and I loved the art work you did for it too.

• Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    Daemongrin wrote: »
    > @nateslice said:<br />
    > Well, unfortunately, it looks like Carnegie doesn't get to have a telescope, after all. When I reloaded my game this morning, the observatory had disappeared into the family inventory. I worked on rearranging some stuff, but I still couldn't place it again.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > I'll have to get to work on that other house design.<br />
    <br />
    Did you check the roof, might have glitched last night but your fresh load up fixed it?

You're right; I spoke too soon.

1wCuIhM.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out!

• Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    Back into my box I go this morning! For those of you wishing for sunroofs, this clever builder has figured out a trick for now (won't work once we get seasons, as it's actually open):
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12830511/#Comment_12830511
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Well, I started. Yunique LoneWolf (not her birth name -- see Note below) has moved into The Retreat (it's a family Rite-of-Passage ritual for all newly-minted young adults). So far, she's been there 2 days. It's not as bad as she'd envisioned, I'm glad to report.

Just a few questions regarding Social:

1) Postcards are ok? Do they, in fact, raise Social (I couldn't quite tell from the prior posts)?
    2) Again for Social, what exactly classifies as "critical"? Since we have to mark points off for Critical Social.

So far, so good. It's fun! Thanks for setting up the challenge.

Note: Her given name is Yuna Likes-Wealth. As the name implies, the Likes-Wealth family is wealthy. Realizing that many well-to-do children become narcissistic brats, the Likes-Wealth family established a ritual so that young adults (YAs) could learn to appreciate wealth but not be spoiled by it. That ritual is The Retreat. It is a period of isolation where the YA learns to get by with substantially less than they've grown up with and, with luck, learns something about him/herself in the process. The YA assumes the family alternate name (LoneWolf) and has the option to adopt a new first name as well.
  • Options
    Well, I started. Yunique LoneWolf (not her birth name -- see Note below) has moved into The Retreat (it's a family Rite-of-Passage ritual for all newly-minted young adults). So far, she's been there 2 days. It's not as bad as she'd envisioned, I'm glad to report.

1) Postcards are ok? Do they, in fact, raise Social (I couldn't quite tell from the prior posts)?
    2) Again for Social, what exactly classifies as "critical"? Since we have to mark points off for Critical Social.

Note: Her given name is Yuna Likes-Wealth. As the name implies, the Likes-Wealth family is wealthy. Realizing that many well-to-do children become narcissistic brats, the Likes-Wealth family established a ritual so that young adults (YAs) could learn to appreciate wealth but not be spoiled by it. That ritual is The Retreat. It is a period of isolation where the YA learns to get by with substantially less than they've grown up with and, with luck, learns something about him/herself in the process. The YA assumes the family alternate name (LoneWolf) and has the option to adopt a new first name as well.

Postcards do not raise social - they do, however, emit an inspiring aura if you wish.
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm a little slow to get started, but finally finished week 1:

100 points
    - 6 days
    +5 points for Fledge-linguist
    Writing - level 6
    Painting - level 4
    Gardening - level 4
    Cooking - level 4
    Handiness - level 2

I gave my sim the insane trait because I knew he would talk to himself and raise his social. This keeps him from going over the edge but does not keep his social bar full at all. I have to keep him talking with the plants or on the computer. When his social gets really low, he will start telling himself jokes or "talk with friends". It does interfer if he is working on a book or painting.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    End of week three:

Finally put in some lighting, windows, and upgraded counters. Not using any aspiration rewards. Aging on. Can't help but wonder if I can make it.

Looks like lot value is just starting to go up. I'm gonna push this challenge a little further and see if I can achieve it without ever expanding my little 8x8 hovel.

week%203.jpg
    week%203y.jpg
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited October 2014
    I started this challenge today but I forgot to document it because I was so into it but I can say that I built my 8x8 on a 50x50 plot so I have plenty of room to build parts to the lot that my sim can't reach just to achieve parts of aspirations that would be impossible on an 8x8 building
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member

Critical as in, they reach the bottom and become desolate. The bar will be a deep red color.

I'm two more weeks in now.

doris-19.jpg
    Week 5
    -7 Days
    Competent Wordsmith +5
    Novelest Novelist +5
    Purchased "Steel Bladder" and "Gym Rat" from Rewards
    Also completed Mansion Baron Tier 1 "Estate of the Art"

Week 6
    - 7 Days
    Purchased "Marketable" from Rewards
    Bestselling Author +5
    Writing LVL 10 +10
    Also completed Mansion Baron Tier 2 "The Great Landscaper"

I am literally notches away from level 10 video gaming skill, and I've completed the Writing aspiration. I've decided to now focus solely on the Mansion aspiration.

doris-20.jpg

Doris is still stuck in her room, blissfully unaware that SO MUCH MORE lies just beyond. I plan to have her craft a full set of dining room tables and chairs, as well as bar stools, but that can come later. You'll notice the elephant herd out there in back to help achieve the landscaping thing. I'll keep them around for now to add to house value.

doris-21.jpg

When all is said and done, I'm going to move her house across the lot a bit. The initial room was centered, and because of that the rest of the house is not (and that bothers me.) but I don't want to accidentally boot her outside, so I'm waiting until the challenge is over. Getting close now!

Also, I don't know if litabelaqua tallied hers this way (I assume so) but Mansion Baron aspirations tiers do also count as +5 points each, just like any other aspiration tiers.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    moongodess wrote: »
    ...Postcards do not raise social - they do, however, emit an inspiring aura if you wish.

Ah, I see. Ok, good. Note to self, no postcards for now.
    katoregama wrote: »
    ...Critical as in, they reach the bottom and become desolate. The bar will be a deep red color.

Fantastic. Yunique's been yellow a few times (and it's only week 1!) but hasn't yet dipped into red. I assume Stage 1 red is ok as long as it doesn't devolve into Stage 2 (Desolate). Good to know how far I can push her. Thanks!

• Options
    End of week 4 and she completed the first part of the aspiration. No rewards. Aging on :)

Onto phase two. Still gonna see if I can do this without expanding my 8x8 space.

week4-4.jpg
    week4-1.png
    week4-2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Finished aspiration (this was actually a pretty fulfilling challenge even though I just did it for fun no point keeping). Trolling teh Forum and talking to self at the same time kept up my social regularly and filled fun need very fast plus maxed out mischief. Did not bother with gardening. And rather then just meet the aspiration goals I built a (I think) rather nice Japanese style mansion. Wish I could post images but alas if ya want to see check out the links!

Front Outside - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-10nbspPM-2.png

Back Outside - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-13nbspPM.png

Front Gate Entrance - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-15nbspPM.png

Front past gate - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-15nbspPM-2.png

Floor One - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-11nbspPM.png

Floor One Grill Area - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-11nbspPM-2.png

Second Floor - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-11nbspPM-3.png

Third Floor (The annoying wall doesn't exist floor) - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-12nbspPM.png

Couldn't help myself "If ya sprinkle when ya tinkle. Be a sweetie and wipe the seatie." Inspired painting name "Who does number 2 work for!" (Austin Powers Yeah baby yeah!) and Celebratory bubble bath for finishing the aspiration - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_1-54nbspPM.png
  • Options
    Daemongrin wrote: »
    Finished aspiration (this was actually a pretty fulfilling challenge even though I just did it for fun no point keeping). Trolling teh Forum and talking to self at the same time kept up my social regularly and filled fun need very fast plus maxed out mischief. Did not bother with gardening. And rather then just meet the aspiration goals I built a (I think) rather nice Japanese style mansion. Wish I could post images but alas if ya want to see check out the links!<br />
    <br />
    Front Outside - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-10nbspPM-2.png<br />
    <br />
    Back Outside - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-13nbspPM.png<br />
    <br />
    Front Gate Entrance - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-15nbspPM.png<br />
    <br />
    Front past gate - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-15nbspPM-2.png<br />
    <br />
    Floor One - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-11nbspPM.png<br />
    <br />
    Floor One Grill Area - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-11nbspPM-2.png<br />
    <br />
    Second Floor - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-11nbspPM-3.png<br />
    <br />
    Third Floor (The annoying wall doesn't exist floor) - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_4-12nbspPM.png<br />
    <br />
    Couldn't help myself "If ya sprinkle when ya tinkle. Be a sweetie and wipe the seatie." Inspired painting name "Who does number 2 work for!" (Austin Powers Yeah baby yeah!) and Celebratory bubble bath for finishing the aspiration - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-11-14_1-54nbspPM.png

Turned out looking awesome! Upload it to the gallery! I want to have that home and its owner in my game!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    > @katoregama said:
    >
    > Turned out looking awesome! Upload it to the gallery! I want to have that home and its owner in my game!

Gonna do a little more landscaping might throw out debug and put a pond on it. Then I will gallery the lot. The owner will be a handful he is an Insane music loving perfectionist after all XD
  • Options
    katoregama wrote: »

Also, I don't know if litabelaqua tallied hers this way (I assume so) but Mansion Baron aspirations tiers do also count as +5 points each, just like any other aspiration tiers.

I did include 20 for Mansion Baron @katoregama
  • Options
    doris-22.jpg
    doris-23.jpg
    doris-24.jpg
    doris-25.jpg

Finally, on Friday of Week 8, Doris completes her goal of having a terrible, but expensive home. The secret to her cussess was buying a ton of violins through money accrued from painting.

And so, at last, Doris steps outside.

doris-26.jpg
    doris-27.jpg

Above is also the final "Challenge" build of her house. I'm going to sell all of those violins and elephants, and center it on the lot before uploading, but it is nevertheless all there! And let's see about that score! My final number rounded out to 157! Woot! A little behind litabelaqua, but not too shabby!
  • Options
    WTG, Kato & Lita!
    Just finished week two - DIL now on week one in next room LOL

Week One Total = 99
    7 days -7
    Nature Walker +5
    Week Two Total = 97

A bit derailed when my game decided to give me a surprise opportunity to improve my sim's handiness skill. Both sinks, the toilet and the fridge broke on the same day, then the shower the next LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    doris-28.jpg

Doris's final house. It's 1/3 of the total needed for Mansion Barons after selling all of those violins. XD Uploaded to @katoregama or #theroomchallenge. It's not a bad house actually.

Final Thoughts: This was a rough challenge. It's nothing like my Legacy challenge where you can have a job, and people to talk to. Having Outgoing was a bad idea, but I knew it could be done. Thanks to the presence of a trusty spinach plant, her Social never got into the red. I was originally trying to get charisma up to start a social network, but money became an issue very fast. And since she was not a creative person, it came slow. I've learned that I do not like the Neat trait, as she was uncomfortable quite often, which decreased her performance. But I'm glad she toughed it out. Woot!

And I will of course still be around to see how other players are doing. And don't forget to upload your final sims and their homes!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    End of week 6. Still going without rewards. Still in 8x8 house on a small lot. Girl's getting big! :)

Gonna do it. I WILL do it without expanding my house!
    week6.jpg
  • Options
    You all have such lovely finish homes. I just know Yunique's home is going to be a bona-fide disaster area by the time I finish the challenge. Oh well.
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I'm terrible with keeping track of points, so just playing for fun. Here is my Sim, Lacey Loner. She is cheerful, childish, and neat. She is working on the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration, and she is on level 3/4 now.
    Here she is before entering the house.
    10-11-14_10-44nbspAM_zps5546f8f4.png
    Completing her first confident painting
    10-11-14_10-54nbspAM_zpsaa9f9c5c.png
    With her 25 paintings that needed to be displayed.
    10-11-14_6-28nbspPM_zpsc190fce6.png
    She's doing fairly well, social is her main problem. She can talk to the stuffed animal though so that helps.
    I bought her a fish, but she can't talk to it or really anything so it's basically useless. It does look cute though.
    10-11-14_7-51nbspPM_zps0a0937fd.png

Lots of fun!!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    It kinda got too easy after writing a few books and starting to speak to the plants.
    It is still a pretty good challenge, though. I still didn't finish mine, but it is going pretty well so far. 2 maxed skills, social never actually got to a critical level and my sim also completed the painting aspiration (all four stages).
    It reminds me of TS1 and TS2. I used to start with a 6x6 square house with no divisions for my sims, and then I would expand and build more rooms as my sim got more money. So nostalgic. I might try this challenge again but with a 6x6 room instead of a 8x8 room.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    DIL just accidentally discovered her sim could talk to the mailman over the fence. She looked away from the screen to answer a text and when she looked back her sim was chatting away :|

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top