Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having baby at the Hospital

I just experimented my first pregnancy in the game, so I was rather scared.
Not sure how I was going to deliver this baby, my sim's waters broke and I totally panicked. Like, GREAT TIMING GIRL.
I clicked everywhere in the house to see if there was the option to deliver.

Then, this popped up when I clicked on her.

Bw2NlCRCYAAIYnK.png:large

Sims can have baby's at the hospital !! Even though it's just a rabbit hole... uugh... But still. They actually can !

BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Yep. :) I think it was TheEnglishSimmer who has a video on that. Parents went to the hospital to have the baby and the bassinet & baby popped up in the house by the bar where the teen was making drinks.
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    edited September 2014
    Parents went to the hospital to have the baby and the bassinet & baby popped up in the house by the bar where the teen was making drinks.

Shhh, you're making it sound far less glamorous. lol!

Congrats on the baby, Hare. ;)
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    *shhhhushhhing* ;)
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    My Sim was in labour for almost two days. In the end I got bored of waiting and sent her to the hospital.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    My Sim was in labour for almost two days. In the end I got bored of waiting and sent her to the hospital.

whoa, really? They needed to induce that shizz.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I love the fact that labour and pregnancy can be different lengths.

My sim became pregnant after her neighbour did, my sim was immediately enormous compared to neighbour. And then went into labour before her. The neighbour had one, and popped it out in about two hours. Mine I realised was basically premature labour as she popped out triplets! which took over a day of labour.

Then her second pregnancy, fingers and toes were crossed that it wasn't another multiple she was huge again and she was in labour for 4 days, I was thinking I better send her to hospital as it was taking soooo long and all of a sudden the option to have him came up.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I had no clue I needed to buy the bassinette (for some reason i thought when the baby was born it just "appeared") so I kept waiting and waiting...my Sim was in labor for 4 days (and still went to work! LOL!). Finally I looked for the bassinette in Buy Mode and saw the "Have Baby" option when I clicked on. At last! This poor woman! And then she had twins on top of all that. When the second baby arrived, the 2nd bassinette did materialize automatically, so I wasn't completely crazy. :smiley:
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I had a bassinette waiting for my sim that had the 4 day labour, so I don't think that makes a difference.

With the triplets I had one bassinette ready, obviously didn't have extras and that was the shorter labour.

The bassinettes will just appear if you don't buy one.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    xHareHarex wrote: »
    Not sure how I was going to deliver this baby, my sim's waters broke and I totally panicked. Like, GREAT TIMING GIRL.

Sims can have baby's at the hospital !! Even though it's just a rabbit hole... uugh... But still. They actually can !

No change in that, the hospital was a RH in Sims 3
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    When my sim had her baby, I waited for her to have it herself but after a while I thought I'm not doing something right, so I clicked on her and saw the options to have baby or have baby at hospital. Those options may have been there all along? Anyway I chose to have at the hospital. The dad was home and he went across the road from the house where he goes to work and disappeared, whereas she walked to the end of the street and didn't disappear, she just stood there at the end of the street and then like five or ten sim minutes later the baby appeared in the bassinette in the house and the two parents had to return to hold it. I think having the baby at home would have been more interesting.
    In the Sims 3 they had the option to have the baby at hospital too, and you saw them actually go to the hospital, go in and come out with the baby. You could also take your neighbour to the hospital when they were in labor.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    The funny thing was that her husband was telling her jokes while she was in EXTREME LABOR PAIN (that's why their friendship thingy is low.)
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    > @Sablesasha said:
    > I had a bassinette waiting for my sim that had the 4 day labour, so I don't think that makes a difference.
    >
    > With the triplets I had one bassinette ready, obviously didn't have extras and that was the shorter labour.
    >
    > The bassinettes will just appear if you don't buy one.

Oh, that's good to know. I thought I was doing something wrong. That was some loooong labor. I was starting to think my Sim was going to be having contractions forever.
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    I'm assuming having the baby at hospital means off screen??
  • Options
    Lissi6124Lissi6124 Posts: 7 New Member
    wait can u have a baby at the hospital without get to work
    cause in get to work you get inside this strange machine and it plays the claw game with ur baby
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    The only thing about the hospital is I want my sims to stay longer, but you can't go there unless you work there. I want to be able to visit when I'm sick!
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    Lissi6124 wrote: »
    wait can u have a baby at the hospital without get to work
    cause in get to work you get inside this strange machine and it plays the claw game with ur baby

You can have the baby at the imaginary hospital without GTW. It's a rabbit hole. Your Sim will just disappear.

You need GTW to visit the hospital building.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I no know without get to work you can have baby at hospital.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited December 2015
    How did this get into the Get To Work section, Simstaff? September 2014 was MONTHS before Get To Work was even announced, so it clearly didn't start here and doesn't belong here.

Yes, you can send Sims to the hospital to give birth with just the base game. However, you'll only get to go with them if you have GTW.
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    xHareHarex wrote: »

The hospital is not a rabbit hole, you can see inside.
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I sent my sims to the hospital to have the baby recently but it was weird because the mother went into one of the hospital's machines to have it. I hated that she couldn't lie down on the hospital bed while she was waiting :(

The husband's uncle, who lives with them, happens to work at the hospital so I wondered if that was why I got to go inside? Though he wasn't on duty at the time.

Loved the addition of the birth certificate.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    bellasmith_bellasmith_ Posts: 1 New Member
    If you buy a bassinet and your sim goes into labour you can click the bassinet and an option is have baby. It takes a few hours at most.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    If you buy a bassinet and your sim goes into labour you can click the bassinet and an option is have baby. It takes a few hours at most.

Hello @bellasmith_ :) Welcome to the forums! Happy simming!
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    I sent my sims to the hospital to have the baby recently but it was weird because the mother went into one of the hospital's machines to have it. I hated that she couldn't lie down on the hospital bed while she was waiting :(

The husband's uncle, who lives with them, happens to work at the hospital so I wondered if that was why I got to go inside? Though he wasn't on duty at the time.

Loved the addition of the birth certificate.

you get to see inside all of the time
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    GenesisGenesis Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay, I've seen a lot of people commenting on this problem but no one has really found a solution.

Recently, I created a family of sims on TS4 and had twins at the hospital. I do have the GTW pack, and my husband works at the hospital. I think the problem most people are having is that they do not own the GTW pack, and when they click on the "Have Baby at Hospital" option, it creates a rabbit hole. I suggest either getting the Get to Work pack or not clicking on the "Have Baby at Hospital" at all. Also, if you do not have anyone that works at the hospital, I also suggest just having your child at home. :)

I hope this helped! <3
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I've done the hospital a couple of times, I like the birth certificate they get when they have it at the hospital. But it seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Now I just click on the bassinet at home & get it over with, probably because I have 32 kids spread out among 7 households, so the novelty of it has long worn off.
    Gallery ID: LDM2