Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two wives......

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Maclimes wrote: »
    I'm late to this thread, and may not have understood everything, but did someone say polygamists are immortal? That's almost as weird as gardeners being fire-proof.

Bwahaha! I think they said Immoral? xD
    AndJ Jim Bob said that.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I'm late to this thread, and may not have understood everything, but did someone say polygamists are immortal? That's almost as weird as gardeners being fire-proof.

AndJ Jim Bob said that.

Wait, immoral AND immortal? Oh snap! Polygamists are vampires!?
  • Options

AndJ Jim Bob said that.

Wait, immoral AND immortal? Oh snap! Polygamists are vampires!?

I think I'd be happy with that xD
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think unless the wife sees he is flirting in front of her then jealousy will not be triggered. Maybe everything is happening under closed doors thats why she is not suspecting anything. I think this is cool
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited September 2014
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    I've never thought of TS4 as cultural outreach in the particular way before. I'm sure it'll sell well in the wilder backlands of Utah now too :)

Sorry but this remark is a bit uncalled for, there are no families there that have more than one wife, and have not had for a very very long time. I ask being LDS that you please refrain from this sort of references.

Sorry about this, seems it was taken out of context, maybe by me or maybe by others seeing my post. I was caught off guard by the comment, and wrote before thinking. Forgive me for commenting. I was not trying to be rude.

Post edited by sirona66 on
  • Options
    jimbobjimbob Posts: 66 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @sirona66 said:
    > JohnConnor wrote: »
    >
    > I've never thought of TS4 as cultural outreach in the particular way before. I'm sure it'll sell well in the wilder backlands of Utah now too
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry but this remark is a bit uncalled for, there are no families there that have more than one wife, and have not had for a very very long time. I ask being LDS that you please refrain from this sort of references.
    flag his inappropriate post.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Y'all need to pipe down and actually play the game!
    tumblr_m0dpjlWlnn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Couldn't have put it better myself, senpai.
  • Options
    NicottiaNicottia Posts: 76 Member
    > @sirona66 said:
    > JohnConnor wrote: »
    >
    > I've never thought of TS4 as cultural outreach in the particular way before. I'm sure it'll sell well in the wilder backlands of Utah now too
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry but this remark is a bit uncalled for, there are no families there that have more than one wife, and have not had for a very very long time. I ask being LDS that you please refrain from this sort of references.

Errr, why are you so serious about it? It was obviously a sarcastic comment.

It's the internet, if people aren't trolling or writing elaborate more or less logical essays, they then most of the time are being simply sarcastic/ironic, aside from being ignorant/stupid, and if you're like Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" TV Series and you can't see the difference between people being ignorant pricks and simply being sarcastic, don't blame this guy. It's you, not him... Just sayin'. :)

And really... If ANYBODY, Hugh Hefner would be addicted to this game, if he was younger. ;) Having his own mansion with so many lovers/official girlfriends... Oh dear.
    7bXthz.png
    My little YouTube corner: Nicottia <= Clickerino!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I like this concept! I hope they add traits like jealous or possessive or something like "open minded" so that you can really develop what OP has going on in her game. I surely hope they don't view this as a glitch and "fix" it. It's more fun with more options and more drama!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,451 Member
    jimbob wrote: »
    > @simsluvr90 said:<br />
    > wheres jimbob to talk about how its okay to have multiple wives<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for the shoutout but I find polygamy immoral.

I do as well. That's something I don't want in a sims game. TS2 on consoles had this. You could marry as many sims as you wanted and on the relationship panel it showed husband or wife for each sim you were married to.

But when I was testing a married sim with a girlfriend it said he was already married and couldn't get married to another. Must be a glitch.

Now married sims can ask other sims to be their boy/girlfriend.

• Options
    jimbobjimbob Posts: 66 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > jimbob wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I do as well. That's something I don't want in a sims game. TS2 on consoles had this. You could marry as many sims as you wanted and on the relationship panel it showed husband or wife for each sim you were married to.
    >
    > But when I was testing a married sim with a girlfriend it said he was already married and couldn't get married to another. Must be a glitch.
    >
    > Now married sims can ask other sims to be their boy/girlfriend.

Im glad to see another player that likes to have there morals carry over to the game, I hope they fix this as well.
  • Options
    Because it is rare to find married couples who cheat nowadays...
    Whilst I'm not opposed to some types of polygamy, whilst it's not an actual thing IRL I'm not at all disappointed it's not in game. But the ability to have an extramarital affair is realistic, and anybody opposed to it can easily avoid it.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Wow. Yeah, in real life people cheat, some get caught and some don't. Even though this is the Sims, I find it interesting that you can have a wife and girlfriends! I hated that in Sims3 if you had two romances, or a wife and romance with another, it didn't matter, they automatically knew even if they were on different sides of the neighborhood, LOL. My Sim3 always had to get the stone-hearted, no jealousy stuff which worked for him but not the women, LOL. I have a married couple with two kids and maybe one on the way. Gonna take pregnancy test when I go back in the game (love it). His traits is (commitment issues, flirty, romantic, music lover, and forgot the other one) and he is suppose to kiss 10 women and go on a date with 2). I didn't want to make enemies with the whole town, LOL. Now, I might just try it, after all......it is a closed world! What goes on behind closed worlds...err doors, stays behind closed doors???

Oh well, just rambling on and on.

Interesting info I must say!
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    Their relationship will take a mid nose dive each time. they will throw a fit and yell in anger. if they are moved out of the room and away,they will become very sad from catching them. they will moop about and so on. these are reactions (emotions as well) but they also did say that this could be seen as a friends with benefits type of relationship (odd i know) and why there isnt MORE of a reaction.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    Um , excuse me , but what about polygamy is immoral? If everyone involved is cool with it , what's the big deal?

@jimbob
    > @thesims3andtwo said:<br />
    > Um , excuse me , but what about polygamy is immoral? If everyone involved is cool with it , what's the big deal?<br />
    > <br />
    > jimbob<br />
    <br />
    its immoral and is against the law in America

Dude you are no fun.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    @kirby356

Some people do have multiple spouses y'know.

Yes, but Bigamy is illegal. Even Mormons who marry more than one person at the same time are looked at with a grimace.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    > @thesims3andtwo said:<br />
    > jimbob<br />
    > <br />
    > you remind me of the idiots who inhabit my school , in the fact that you have a vendetta against Gay people.<br />
    <br />
    no vendetta I just find ho m o sexu ality immoral its my religious belief it sounds like your intolerant of others beliefs.

I have to say, I find you kinda immoral. I think you just might go against my religious belief. Sorry.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    My married sim divorced his wife and moved in with his mistress. He has been crying in bed for 2 days over the sadness of his divorce. His mistress met the wife for the first time in the bar and the only interaction options for either of them were mean ones. I liked the one " when are you due" implying the wife was fat, because she was not pregnant. I guess the jealousy emotion can be high for some sims.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Still happens though.
    @jimbob

905d83fc712a89210f8d46712465578477768fdfe446de7bd3f4baec6e123eea.jpg
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    So we have Polygomy AND Incest? Something is wrong with that dev team .....
  • Options
    katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    My sim husband spazzed out when my simself flirted with Don Lothario. He was angry because of "flirty spouse".. interesting it works for you!
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    sirona66 wrote: »
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    I've never thought of TS4 as cultural outreach in the particular way before. I'm sure it'll sell well in the wilder backlands of Utah now too :)

Sorry but this remark is a bit uncalled for, there are no families there that have more than one wife, and have not had for a very very long time. I ask being LDS that you please refrain from this sort of references.

Sorry about this, seems it was taken out of context, maybe by me or maybe by others seeing my post. I was caught off guard by the comment, and wrote before thinking. Forgive me for commenting. I was not trying to be rude.

I hope you don't take this as me being rude as I'm not trying to be, but I used to be LDS too and those polygamist jokes used to infuriate me, because I didn't think there was any truth to it, but there actually is. The Mormon religion did used to practice polygamy back when Joseph Smith started it, however they stopped practicing in the late 1800s. But there is a group of Mormons that branched off when mainstream LDS stopped practicing polygamy, they're called the FLDS and they do still believe in and practice polygamy. I live in the backlands of Utah, and I have a group of FLDS polygamists living right down the street. They also live in the outskirts of Arizona I believe, and a few other places. Anyway, that's why people still crack jokes about Mormons and polygamy, because there are still some who practice it. Although they aren't part of the mainstream LDS religion, they are still technically Mormons.

Again, hope you don't think I was being rude. I just thought I'd let you know that it's not really the LDS church people are talking about with polygamy, it's usually the FLDS church (and the RLDS too, I think, though I'm not sure if they're still polygamous.)
    44444.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Even the prima guide says your married sims can have boyfriends and girlfriends so this isn't a glitch like some had thought. Also sims can no longer confess to cheating sadly like they could in ts3. Story progression made one of my sims cheat when I changed households in ts4 and I looked for that interaction so he could tell his wife and it didn't show up.

I kind of like that married sims can have a steady boy or girlfriend. Atleast the option is there. In TS3 they could only have romantic interest if they were married.
  • Options
    So we have Polygomy AND Incest? Something is wrong with that dev team .....

No we don't. Sims can't marry more then 1 sim however they can have a steady boy/girlfriend or even many of them while their married.