Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims Keep Disappearing!

Comments

• Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    When Thursday at around 2am roles around no matter which lot I'm on the Goths and half the legacy family disappear. Okay if I'm on my legacy lot only the people I move out disappear. My saves are before this happens but no matter how I try the game just wants to delete these people.

Now that's just plain creepy and disturbing :-/ My condolences! Every Thursday at 2 a.m. ........ wow.

I saw in another thread some speculation that the Goths were a common element in the disappearances. I haven't played them yet. Hmm. Maybe I should try and see what happens. I can always go back and not play them if they turn out to be the problem.

I believe I was the first one to point the finger at the Goths. They are still being mentioned regularly in relation to disappearing sims and it wouldn't be the first time pre-mades were buggy (TS2 Samantha Ottomas).
    I don't have the game and I'm just speculating, could be and probably am, totally wrong...The Goths are very popular and it could be that many play them and that is why they keep coming up.

There seems to be a clean-up of sims happening on Thursday nights...EA needs to get on this. No one wants to lose their sims, progress and have their stories messed with.

• Options
    ddgangel2009ddgangel2009 Posts: 86 Member
    I have seen the Goths mentioned a few times too. It's Bella in league with those aliens I bet.

I was thinking of starting over and wiping the whole neighborhood of all premades but I'd like to know if anyone who has done that has had any trouble with disappearing sims.
    newsigblos_zpsdc8e450f.jpg
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    I have seen the Goths mentioned a few times too. It's Bella in league with those aliens I bet.

I was thinking of starting over and wiping the whole neighborhood of all premades but I'd like to know if anyone who has done that has had any trouble with disappearing sims.

Exactly. I'd like to know that too. To say your sim hasn't had a relationship with the pre-mades isn't conclusive as sims interact on community lots.
    If someone were able to say they deleted all pre-mades at the start and still had disappearing sims, then that theory could be put to rest.

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    I don't know what could be happening. when you say he dissappears do you mean he's no longer in the house? Did he age up? Does he vanish from your relationship panel?

Plenty of sims are dissapearing when you switch households.

Many have reported.

They just vanish.

It's kind of you to be giving us feedback. Please alert other devs so this can be patched.
  • Options
    They completely leave the skewer? Could you go to Manage Worlds and click the "Household Mangement" button and make sure they haven't ended up homeless somehow?

No, they completely disappear.
  • Options
    Cindyjo5477Cindyjo5477 Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2014
    @SimGuruLyndsay when i go to manage worlds it still shows that household should be living on the lot i left them in, but they are not there.. no where to be found. I looked in the homeless they are not there. I already closed out that save and started another save or i would take a pic of it. Also i had my legacy family have 3 of the kids disappear. Once again no where to be seen. (not a big deal about my kids since they think the parents are the roommate and brother/sister.)
    Come check out my new Let's Plays

YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC8D-qr5zK1MQehcwlCE06ew
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Yeah I've seen that. I thought I'd cracked it earlier tonight but nope come Thursday at 2am a whole sim week since I moved the family member out the house and was playing him I lost all my main legacy family and again the whole Goth family. I really hope this gets fixed soon. I don't dare sit down and make a new game for this to just happen again.

Darn :-( This is just too weird.
  • Options
    JessabiJessabi Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've had this happen to two of my sims and it's so frustrating. The first lived with Don Lothario, I was playing her brother's family for a while and when I went into household management, I noticed she was gone. I checked and she wasn't in the relationship panels of Don or her brother, she had just disappeared! And then last night, I decided to play Don for a while despite her disappearance and adopted a baby, then went out to the neighbourhood and noticed that the brother of the first sim to disappear was gone now too. He was gone from the relationship panels of his wife and kids too. I really hope this can be fixed soon!
    4h2kiv.jpg

• Options
    Someone over at Answer HQ has suggested deleting sims you aren't playing so that the game when it generates new townies on the Thursday doesn't wipe out your sims. I shouldn't have to do this but in the name of science I'll give it ago. I really don't want to delete 20 plus sims. I'll probably delete friends of some of the sims I've been playing.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Jessabi wrote: »
    I've had this happen to two of my sims and it's so frustrating. The first lived with Don Lothario, I was playing her brother's family for a while and when I went into household management, I noticed she was gone. I checked and she wasn't in the relationship panels of Don or her brother, she had just disappeared! And then last night, I decided to play Don for a while despite her disappearance and adopted a baby, then went out to the neighbourhood and noticed that the brother of the first sim to disappear was gone now too. He was gone from the relationship panels of his wife and kids too. I really hope this can be fixed soon!

I'm increasingly convinced that the Goth family and Don Lothario are bugged somehow.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Someone over at Answer HQ has suggested deleting sims you aren't playing so that the game when it generates new townies on the Thursday doesn't wipe out your sims. I shouldn't have to do this but in the name of science I'll give it ago. I really don't want to delete 20 plus sims. I'll probably delete friends of some of the sims I've been playing.

Wow. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head if that's what's causing it. Regeneration should only affect unplayed homeless Sims.

I have "ageing off" for my unplayed Sims and have not noticed any new ones running around or old ones disappearing, so I'm hoping this prevents generation of new townies. I also turned off "fill empty houses." I'll have to take a more careful inventory of those Sims and keep an eye on them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad @SimGuruLyndsay is looking into it.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Sorry this happened to you but don't worry the Sims will be back.
    They just wanted to explore an open world so they climbed aboard the loading screen & went for a ride.
  • Options
    I was looking over at the official thread, and someone named amandachloe found a partial work-around and has a good theory:
    Seems i found a temorary solution.

I think that at every thursday morning 2 am, the game creates random new townies, but becuase the world has a limited number of spots, it creates room for the new ones by replacing other sims.

i have been removing random households from the household menu, to free up space by removing people.

seem sthis helps, now the game doesnt have to remove sims, because there is space for new ones.

i have only 1 person dissapearing last 2 ingame weeks
    but that was only the first week.

seems i have to remove around 20 sims, maybe 25. for my other sims to be save.

Some people have tested it, with partially successful results--they are losing fewer Sims (maybe one or two). Still not acceptable, but maybe we're getting closer.

It's interesting. I need to make a list of my townies. I have not noticed any of them being replaced, nor new ones coming in, but I may just not be noticing. I have ageing off for townies and ageing on for the active household only, so I wouldn't expect new ones to be coming in, unless they keep populating up to a certain point and then start removing.
  • Options
    Update: Thanks to @HotKnife for this info:
    User MasterDinadan of the modthesims site has identified the issue and created a fix. People have been claiming it works rather well, but he still needs people to test it.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535559
  • Options
    sadiegirl1sadiegirl1 Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think there must be a secret man cave somewhere and the husbands and boyfriends run away to it , talk about realistic lol jk
  • Options
    User MasterDinadan of the modthesims site has identified the issue and created a fix. People have been claiming it works rather well, but he still needs people to test it.

I'll give it a try. Playing a new save at the moment with ageing turned off except for the family I'm playing and the fill houses unchecked and so far I've had no new townies spawn or anything but then I haven't rotated right now but I will be.
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    Once they are townies,they are toast! :rage: they have to fix this quick!
  • Options
    angie0o0angie0o0 Posts: 103 Member

Once again, a modder's quick action saves the day!

Where's EA?

• Options
    itsmejoy7itsmejoy7 Posts: 17 New Member
    help my sims keep disappearing off my family tree its hard to make a legacy with out important sims on sims 4 they aren't anywhere not even in household management. PLZ HELP!!!!
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    @itsmejoy7 Download this mod and stick it in your mods folder. It stops the culling that you are experiencing.
  • Options
    KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    I know this is an older thread, but something I recently noticed when I came back to playing my game

Outdated/obsolete CC/Mods caused some of my sims to disappear - Once I removed the CC that was causing the issue, my missing sims returned and haven't been a problem since! It took a bit of trial and error to find the actual content that was the source of the problem, but a couple of reloads of a older save meant that I was able to resolve the issue and bring back the missing sims!

I posted about it on this thread
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918053/outdated-cc-caused-active-sims-to-vanish-from-household-resolved-and-they-are-back#latest

• Options
    kiaraaleiyahkiaraaleiyah Posts: 1 New Member
    Yesterday I started the 100 Baby Challenge. By midnight my sim had 7 kids. This morning when I went to play, all the kids were gone, and all her relationships were gone. The only evidence that the kids even existed are the beds that they slept on. Is there a way to get my sims back?
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Yesterday I started the 100 Baby Challenge. By midnight my sim had 7 kids. This morning when I went to play, all the kids were gone, and all her relationships were gone. The only evidence that the kids even existed are the beds that they slept on. Is there a way to get my sims back?

They might be taken away by a social worker due to neglecting if you were playing the other household and left that family unplayed. But, if not, I am not sure.