Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Larifari2009-sims4 creations: Colour-fast Residence

Larifari2009Larifari2009 Posts: 679 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
So I got my little impatient paws on the game yesterday and actually just wanted to check out the roofing on a pre-build lot and ended up staying up till 4 am :S Somehowe I ended up with this.
BwsFFNhIcAAoKe3.jpg:large
There are some night screenshots here https://twitter.com/Larifari2009/status/507504971907338240/photo/1
It took me ages to figure out how to resize objects - which i needed for one of the roof decor items. I read somewhere it was supposed ot be "SHIFT + [" and "SHIFT + ]" but for me it is actually "SHIFT + `" and "SHIFT +?". So if anone else can't get it to work try these keys.

Well off I go to make some food.... real food that is :) Have a lovely day. Lari :)
bannerforum1.jpg

Post edited by Larifari2009 on

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Interesting.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Zaffiro1989Zaffiro1989 Posts: 31 New Member
    very pretty! :)
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    WOW! The look of the house inspires me to make a house where it's an outdoor bar on the bottom floor and a house above it!
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    nuna504nuna504 Posts: 130 Member
    Very different but nice. Excellent work! :)

image_zps1b911b61.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is very great! Nice patterns that you have used for the exterior. It looks great how you have done the upper windows! The front steps looks great!
    The link doesn't lead to night time pictures though Lari. It leads to the picture that you posted here.Thanks for the tips about an alternative way of enlarging items.
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    Love it! It looks gorgeously exotic.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Beautiful! Great job on your first house :D
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I really like the Middle Eastern influences on the architecture. Looks cozy and elegant at the same time. Well done!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    good morning and thank you so much for your sweet commnets :) Building in the sims for is so different - but really fun and so much easier to place a roof, recolour it - every seperate roof can have a different colour if you wanted and the placements of the walls/rooms/stairs is so easy. What I am now learning to get used to is getting by without MOO and learning what colour combinations are possible with what the base game offers. So of I go to "study" :P
    Hope everyone is having a great day. Lari :)

P.S. I will make some interior pictures of this building and post it a little later :)
    bannerforum1.jpg

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hey Lari! :D YAY for your first sims 4 build! I love the oriental feel of the house! That roof is gorgeous! <3 So how are you finding the game? Liking it so far?
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Larifari wonderful exotic build the roof is amazing. I am finding I have a lot to learn with the new build style of TS4 slowly getting the hang of it.
    xox Folly
  • Options
    Twiggers849Twiggers849 Posts: 101 Member
    A brilliant build. Liking the Mediterranean feel on the architecture. Landscape matches very well, and very well done with the roof, it's definitely different but nice looking!

- Twiggers
    OriginID: MrTwigs
    Come and follow the next chapter of the Twiggers849 legacy! https://www.youtube.com/user/letsplayrich
  • Options
    Thank you so much @yanti68 @follyfoot @Twiggers849.
    Yanit i really like the game , takes a while to get used to , especially without the moo and without being able to choose colours. The first build I made was a challenge as it was hard to find some wallpaper I wanted to .... but then again that was a sims3 challenge too :D The thing is i have something in my mind and start doing it and then i have to change it because i forgot i can't change colours the way I want to . However I am getting used to it and familiar with what colours there are to choose from. I haven't played much yet - only did some play testing. This seems to be more important than ever. I already found out in the first build, that some items disappear when you move out and back in again. I think that is due to the moving items freely with "ALT" to close to a usable item such as a bed or chair..... So if you place a picture on the wall on top of a bed and move it to close down the bed then disappears when you move your sim out. I am not sure but that is what I observed. Thus, after building I play test with a sim and then move her out and back in again to see what disappeared and what could have been the couse.

Now I will go and make some lunch - I am starving. Before that though ..... here is a Country House I built. Maybe you can see in the pictures, that the highest roof is actually different than the others. And I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove all the flowers they gave us.
    Country%2BHouse%2BFront.jpg

More pictures here... although they are not the best : https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107111038371571539233/albums/6055568227074073041?
    authkey=COzHl_rM6did3QE

Have a lovely day :) Lari
    bannerforum1.jpg

• Options
    rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    Wow they are both gorgeous! :o :D
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
  • Options
    Country House is very nice! :) The roofing is very nice! The tower is great! The open shutter windows look nice. It looks very nice how you have done the curved hedge plant fencing around the side patio! The plants and flowers look very nice! Very nice outdoors areas! Nice outdoors table and chairs area for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine. Great gardening area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The study and library room is very nice! Great study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer or having a read of a book from the bookcase. The floral pattern on the walls looks nice, and the clock on the wall is a nice homely touch. The patterned floor mat there looks nice. Very nice layout of the bathroom! The screened off bath tub alcove looks great. Very nice master bedroom! The curtained off clothes closet looks great! Nice pattern that you have used for the walls and the bed.The flowers on the dresser are pretty for sims to see when they get up in the mornings. It looks very nice how you have placed the plates decor item on the bedhead wall and have the nice wall lights either side of them. It looks nice how you have placed the curtains around the full length mirror. Very nice sitting nook area near the staircase. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there and see the nice sights of the sunny sunflowers on the side table and the nice pictures on the wall whilst sitting there. Very nice living room! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofa or armchair there, watching tv or having a read of a book. The floral wall pattern looks pretty. The grandfather clock is a nice touch in the corner of the room, and the floral picture on the wall adds to the nice look of the room. Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! The wall texture is great. Nice eating nook area for sims to enjoy eating their meals at the table. The type of dining seats you have used look nice. The fruit picture on the wall looks nice, and the egg and chicken item on the side table is a great kitchen touch. Very nice kids room! The large teddy and the lady bugs look very cute there! Very nice furnishing of the room! The leafy pattern on the bed is nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much #rchristison and #rosemow you always write such lovely,detailed comments, i really appreciate that. Do you have the sims4 game too rose?
    It is so addictive and fun and frustrating (but not in a bad way more in a fun way) ..... especially when i go for lets say light furniture with blue and the is everythng in light coloured wood apart eh bed ... :D So many great and fun and easy features in there.

My biggest frustration at the moment though is that i dont understand this ...(see picture).....BwyewEkCYAA13Lo.jpg:large sometimes the edge trimming (not sure what it is called ) is there and sometimes not ... sometimes it also appears just to dissapear when i hover over it with the mouse.

Well I managed to update my website a little.... it is actually a mess because iam having too much fun in the game but I uploaded pictures of the Saachi House, the Appleblossom Starter and the Charmwood Villa.
    larifari2009-sims4creations.weebly.com/residential-lots.html

And now back tot he game working on the Villa Frogmore that I made for the sims3 .... this is what i got so far....
    Bw7_wHbIMAAHcfb.jpg:large
    Bw7_wjHIQAAAVwN.jpg:large
    Bw7_vP7IAAAHwoK.jpg:large
    Bw7_wH4IMAEjNNK.jpg:large

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Lari :)
    bannerforum1.jpg

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! 2 new builds! They look beautiful! Good job with the roof. Thanks for explaining about the game. I am glad you are enjoying building. I find that the new controls / camera keys a bit difficult! I hope I get used to it eventually.
  • Options
    @yanti68 :) yes building is fun and exploring the new things and what you can and cannot do :D Btw. you can turn on the sims3 camera controls if you have difficulties with the sims4 cam. It is under game options, camera& control and there you can just make a tick at "sims3 camera".
    bannerforum1.jpg

• Options
    SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    Oh girl! I can't wait till, if or when they give you conical and octagonal roofs! These are just awesome! :D
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Beautiful builds very charming and detailed work Larifari .
    I agree with you about the quoining I hope soon we can have a choice where we place it on our builds it makes some builds look odd without it in the right place. :\
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    Your three builds are very nice! :) Very nice exteriors of them! The roofing of them are very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of them! Your WIP Villa Frogmore looks very nice! The exterior design of it is great! It is great that you are doing a sims 4 version of the home that you built in sims 3. Have fun enjoying sims 4 building! :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I like where you're heading with your two new builds. I agree with you about the edge trimming. It can be annoying! I really liked how you seem to play around with the roof shapes on the second build. Great job!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    @Sarademoor @BreeMiles @follyfoot @rosemow @Ash072 thank you so much on leaving your lovely comments :) I am going a little bonkers now with the building as I have time off from work - kind of handy :)
    I finished Villa Frogmore now. So happy i was able to build something similare with the base game only - of course there are none of the magic items. I tried alls sorts of things with the roofing and that is the best I could come up with. I also play tested it and placed the lot on different lots after saving it to the library just to see if all the plants and items stay the way I placed them.
    I also uploaded pictures to my messy website :D (if you can even call it that :D)......... larifari2009-sims4creations.weebly.com/villa-frogmore.html
    2379421.jpg?188

Now I need to make myself some healthy lunch :)
    Have a wonderful, lovely day everyone,
    Lari :)
    bannerforum1.jpg

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    My biggest frustration at the moment though is that i dont understand this ...(see picture).....BwyewEkCYAA13Lo.jpg:large
    sometimes the edge trimming (not sure what it is called ) is there and sometimes not ... sometimes it also appears just to dissapear when i hover over it with the mouse.

I too had this problem with the paneling edges, you just need more grid on the side it's not showing up on... at least that's how I was able to fix mine. I just move the wall that have the edge paneling a grid or two more and it's good to go. HTH, if not hopefully someone else has a work around it, or maybe it's just one of those random nasty little usual EA glitches >:)

Glad to read you and many others (including myself) are enjoying the game ^_^ Great builds!