Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I install sims4 from the disks instead of taking days to download from origin? HELP!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    elrobbbbelrobbbb Posts: 11 New Member
    The sims original game installs easily. The rest I just gave up and left them run all night. I'm sure you know what's happening here. Eventually it'll be all digital downloads. Saves them money and gives them more control.
  • Options
    TamaralnhTamaralnh Posts: 2 New Member
    Teagan522 wrote: »
    OK, here's what worked for me.
    If it says "Downloading..." right click on the Sims 4 pic in Origin and tell it to "Cancel download".
    Then go into the DVD and click setup.
    It started copying from the DVD for me after that.

Thank you!!!! This IS what worked for me none of the other way's worked out! This is by far the most ANNOYING Install EVER!!! I just wanted to simply play a simple game of the sims alone with NO issues!
  • Options
    TamaralnhTamaralnh Posts: 2 New Member
    34% after 3 min !
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    Tamaralnh wrote: »
    Teagan522 wrote: »
    OK, here's what worked for me.
    If it says "Downloading..." right click on the Sims 4 pic in Origin and tell it to "Cancel download".
    Then go into the DVD and click setup.
    It started copying from the DVD for me after that.

Thank you!!!! This IS what worked for me none of the other way's worked out! This is by far the most ANNOYING Install EVER!!! I just wanted to simply play a simple game of the sims alone with NO issues!

Hello .
    I am sorry that you have had issues installing the game. It is good that you have installed the game now. I hope that you will now enjoy sims 4 simming.
    Also welcome to the forums! :)

For other simmers having issues, I will post this link to a guide to installing from the DVD in case it helps other simmers.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/installing-from-dvd/
  • Options
    Emoji_Pillow_X2Emoji_Pillow_X2 Posts: 4 New Member
    Ugh I don't know how to set up the sims 4 get to work via disk someone PLEASE help! :s
  • Options
    HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP ORIGIN IS NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s:s:s:s
  • Options
    Nicotroll wrote: »
    Open origin first.
    Go to your computer (Start, computer) and then double click on your dvd drive. (or browse your dvd drive and double click on setup.exe)
    It will open a small window saying it'll use origin, click on continue and wait. It will then ask you to select a language and install the game.

But i cant find my dvd drive on my computer what should i do?
  • Options
    I've tried EVERYTHING but i cant even find it on my pc heelllllllp!!!! :neutral::(
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ugh I don't know how to set up the sims 4 get to work via disk someone PLEASE help! :s

Hello @Emoji_Pillow_X2
    With you having issues installing GTW by disk, try installing it as a digital download. There will be a piece of paper that came in the GTW package that has a product code on it .Or the code may be on the disk cover. Log in to Origin. Click the origin label on the top of the screen. Click "redeem product code" in the drop down box. Type in the product code.
    Go to My Games section. Click the sims 4 picture. Click the little "i" button that is next to the play button. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. Go to the EP pack section, and you will find the EP there. You can then download/install it there.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    When I get a new laptop do I install my disk the same way as I did for my old one? I have all the packs and I bought them all digital through origin... How will I install them on my new laptop?
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    When I get a new laptop do I install my disk the same way as I did for my old one? I have all the packs and I bought them all digital through origin... How will I install them on my new laptop?

Hello.
    Your sims 4 game is linked to your origin account. First install origin into your computer. You can then log into origin using the same account that you used to first register the game, then go to my games section, go to the sims 4 picture and download/install it there. Then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. Go to the pack sections, and you can then download/install them there.

Make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    Then after installing the sims 4 game onto the new computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2016
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello.
    Your sims 4 game is linked to your origin account. First install origin into your computer. You can then log into origin using the same account that you used to first register the game, then go to my games section, go to the sims 4 picture and download/install it there. Then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. Go to the pack sections, and you can then download/install them there.

Make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    Then after installing the sims 4 game onto the new computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer.

Ty @rosemow ... I'm very computer illiterate. How do I install origin in the new computer when I get one? Just go to the Internet, Google it and then download it?Will I not need to put my disc into the new computer at All? will It do it digitally all the way? Also I'm not sure how to take my old sims 4 folder and replace it with the new one or vice versa .. Do I drag the new one out to the desktop or delete it? and then do I down load the new one from the external drive Into the sims 4 folder, and how exactly do I do that? I'm sorry about all these questions. I just know so little about what I'm doing on the computer.
  • Options

Hello.

Ty @rosemow ... I'm very computer illiterate. How do I install origin in the new computer when I get one? Just go to the Internet, Google it and then download it?Will I not need to put my disc into the new computer at All? will It do it digitally all the way? Also I'm not sure how to take my old sims 4 folder and replace it with the new one or vice versa .. Do I drag the new one out to the desktop or delete it? and then do I down load the new one from the external drive Into the sims 4 folder, and how exactly do I do that? I'm sorry about all these questions. I just know so little about what I'm doing on the computer.

Hello
    When you get your new computer, go to the origin site and at the top right hand side of the page there will be a button to press to download the origin program .
    You don't need to put a disc into the new computer to install the game. You are able to do it digitally. You can go to the my games section like I posted in the above post, and press download where the sims 4 picture is. Then follow the other directions that I posted in the above post. Your packs though may install automatically after your sims 4 base game has installed, so you may not need to go to the separate packs sections.
    The sims 4 folder contains your save game files and your creations that you have saved to your library (tray folder )
    Once your game has installed, launch the game once. Then exit the game. Go to documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder. Move that sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then place the old sims 4 folder that you copied on to the external drive, into the documents -ea folder. You are putting it where you took the new sims 4 folder from.
    You don't need to be sorry at all about asking questions! It is good to ask when you have queries :)
  • Options
    shortscribblingshortscribbling Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi all....

I've tried various of the fixes on here. I have the disk and it seems to say "copying" from origin not downloading and the estimated time is fluctuating between 24 - 99 hours. Am I still missing something here? I tried uninstalling origin when my computer first fell asleep and froze on installation. Then After reinstalling I cancelled the download and went back through the setup to get it to copy. I have exceedingly slow wifi. Any suggestions. On a windows 7 laptop.
  • Options
    Hi all....

I've tried various of the fixes on here. I have the disk and it seems to say "copying" from origin not downloading and the estimated time is fluctuating between 24 - 99 hours. Am I still missing something here? I tried uninstalling origin when my computer first fell asleep and froze on installation. Then After reinstalling I cancelled the download and went back through the setup to get it to copy. I have exceedingly slow wifi. Any suggestions. On a windows 7 laptop.

Hello @shortscribbling
    This link may help
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/installing-from-dvd/
    Half way down the page, just under the pink box section, there are two tabs labeled " first installation " and " avoid downloading" Press both of these tabs and see if the suggestions in both of them help.
  • Options
    shortscribblingshortscribbling Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi all....

Hello @shortscribbling
    This link may help

Half way down the page, just under the pink box section, there are two tabs labeled " first installation " and " avoid downloading" Press both of these tabs and see if the suggestions in both of them help.

Thanks Rosemow.

I turned off the internet as suggested and the copying took just under 2.5 hours. Really helped!
  • Options
    Hi all....

Hello @shortscribbling
    This link may help

Thanks Rosemow.

I turned off the internet as suggested and the copying took just under 2.5 hours. Really helped!

You're welcome :) I am glad that your game is installed now. Happy sims 4 game Simming!
  • Options
    OmqTaylorOmqTaylor Posts: 25 Member
    Wait does the Sims 4 work in disc form if my computer almost meets the requirements? Help :/
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    OmqTaylor wrote: »
    Wait does the Sims 4 work in disc form if my computer almost meets the requirements? Help :/

Hello @OmqTaylor
    It would be good to post your computer details here before you purchase the game , and simmers will be able to help you and will post as to whether your computer will be able to handle Sims 4.
  • Options
    I have a Acer Aspire ES-731 and has a Intel CPU 1.60 GHz , a 64 bit operating system and a 3.98 GB of ram
  • Options
    I have a Acer Aspire ES-731 and has a Intel CPU 1.60 GHz , a 64 bit operating system and a 3.98 GB of ram

Hello
    I will ask. @phoebebebe13 to advise you about your computer.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Unfortunately this laptop is under requirements to run the game. The game requires a mid range gaming desktop. Laptops are weaker than desktop. You need a higher end gaming laptop to meet the requirements on desktop. Do you have another computer you can play on? If not you would need to invest in a computer that meets the requirements to run the game
  • Options
    Thank you for the info. Can someone please reply to me with the lowest cost of computer to run this game?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you for the info. Can someone please reply to me with the lowest cost of computer to run this game?

Your welcome .Your looking at 600-700 USD and up for a desktop. Laptop average $900 usd depending on sales. Prices vary in other countries. What country are you in?

If your in the USA this is the cheapest you can go with a computer that meets all requirements to run the game. This is a desktop. Gaming laptops would be a lot more expensive https://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Gamer-WA583R7-Black-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Eight-Core-FX-8320-Vishera-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Home-Monitor-Not-In/35119954
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • Options
    I live in Canada, if I bought the sims 4 on a disk would it crash my laptop?
    or would my graphics be wonky and the game really laggy?