Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 feels like a Console Game.

The game is definitely better than The Sims 3, in nearly all aspects. Especially peformance.

But I can't help but feel like I'm playing the console version of The Sims.

The mood walk styles (aka the Tired walk, The bladder walk etc) are all originally from the console Sims 2.

The Achievements list is very similar to the goals from "The Sims: Bustin Out".

And the fact you have to enter Create A Sim before you can view the worlds is something that usually only happens on the console games.

I really like the game, but it feels like the team that work on the console games designed this game.

Does anyone feel like this? I don't know whether I like it this way or not :p

Comments

• Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    I haven't played the game but when i started watching the lets plays and things thats exactly what i thought as well. I dunno why maybe its the overall look of it? The food sparkling i find weird it reminds me of a console version cant remember which one though lol
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited September 2014
    The sims 4 looks like a console game for the ps2...
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    And the fact you have to enter Create A Sim before you can view the worlds is something that usually only happens on the console games.

I think this is due to the forced tutorial when you start the game. It doesn't go away until you've completely gone thru it. SimsVIP posted how to disable the tutorial so you don't have to deal with it. I think disabling the tutorial may stop the CAS from automatically coming up as you say.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

No way. The Sims 4 in Ultra Setting has better graphics than any Sims game.
  • Options
    leelujack wrote: »
    I haven't played the game but when i started watching the lets plays and things thats exactly what i thought as well. I dunno why maybe its the overall look of it? The food sparkling i find weird it reminds me of a console version cant remember which one though lol

It's from the Sims 2 & Sims 2 Pets for console :)
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member

TS1 for PS2:
    the-sims-image217962.jpg

TS2 for PS2:
    240289-the-sims-2-playstation-2-screenshot-dancings.jpg

The Urbz for PS2
    playstation-38983-21319573192.jpg

TS4 for PC:
    the-sims-4-room.jpg

TS4 looks nothing like a PS2 Console game... Although, TS4 Sims look like modernized and polished Urbz Sims, IMO.

ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    I haven't played yet, but going by what you're saying maybe they are using elements from all the Sims games (including console games) for The Sims 4?
  • Options
    Ayuism wrote: »
    I haven't played yet, but going by what you're saying maybe they are using elements from all the Sims games (including console games) for The Sims 4?

Seems like it tbh
  • Options
    JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    sims152318 wrote: »

TS1 for PS2:
    the-sims-image217962.jpg

TS2 for PS2:

The Urbz for PS2

TS4 for PC:
    the-sims-4-room.jpg

TS4 looks nothing like a PS2 Console game... Although, TS4 Sims look like modernized and polished Urbz Sims, IMO.

Urbz Sims was pretty fun back in the day :wink:
  • Options
    JohnBlack wrote: »

TS1 for PS2:
    the-sims-image217962.jpg

TS2 for PS2:

The Urbz for PS2

TS4 for PC:
    the-sims-4-room.jpg

Wasn't Urbz the first 3D Sims game made? It started development before Bustin Out! Aha
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    It does have that sort of vibe, yes. I don't entirely mind it though.
  • Options
    JohnBlack wrote: »

TS1 for PS2:
    the-sims-image217962.jpg

TS2 for PS2:

The Urbz for PS2

TS4 for PC:
    the-sims-4-room.jpg

Wasn't Urbz the first 3D Sims game made? It started development before Bustin Out! Aha

Nope that was actually TS1. TS1 also came out for PS2 and I remember hating pretty much every NPC. Especially Mom. It was particularly difficult.
  • Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    I never thought of this until no. It does very much have a console feeling. And I forgot about those walks from those games. Like in The Urbz when they were tired it's very similar to TS4 tired walk. Recycling at it's best? LOL!
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    @munchie885 Do you have the game yet? I still cant decide...

• Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    The game is definitely better than The Sims 3, in nearly all aspects. Especially peformance.

The mood walk styles (aka the Tired walk, The bladder walk etc) are all originally from the console Sims 2.

I really like the game, but it feels like the team that work on the console games designed this game.

Yes, it does, especially the UI and everything else. It honestly feels like an online game, like Freeplay, but a little better if that makes sense? Then again it was an online game at one point and devs cut corners when they have to scrap something that they are in the middle of like that and it doesn't work out. Ex, firing employees like several of the gurus that were "let go") and cutting features due to time constraints and costs. My brother and husband explained this to me more in detail as they in the videogame industry. My brother a dev and husband an engineer.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that they started from scratch after deciding to not go with the online game though, but they did cut corners definitely, that's why we have no toddlers and pools. They said they invested their time into more important things, and honestly I can't say they were wrong for doing that.

The UI doesn't really reflect a console game for me at all though, too many on screen buttons. It's definitely different, and definitely much more minimal but I think it's one of the areas where it's not suffering from consolitis.
  • Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    keyb0x wrote: »
    I read somewhere that they started from scratch after deciding to not go with the online game though, but they did cut corners definitely, that's why we have no toddlers and pools. They said they invested their time into more important things, and honestly I can't say they were wrong for doing that.

The UI doesn't really reflect a console game for me at all though, too many on screen buttons. It's definitely different, and definitely much more minimal but I think it's one of the areas where it's not suffering from consolitis.

Yea, the UI is more online game to me is what I meant to say, but it does remind me of a console game too (not UI, but other things), its just...weird lol.
  • Options
    HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    Yeah you could be right, obviously more advanced... oh well hurry up Friday!
  • Options
    temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    I don't mind at all if they have taken some ideas from previous Sims console versions and developed them further.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think the icons on the UI do look like iPad games. I wish they had chosen better icons. I mean the icons of the needs and all what you get on the right side.

The need bars are not elegant. They are thick like many games on iPad. I wish if they have gone for thinner bars, even thinner than previous games, with more vivid colors. The thick bars are of the past.

I love how Apple uses thin bars in downloads, upgrades etc. Gives a more sleek and elegant look.

Like this
    load-stage-1.png

TS3681-ios7-apple_logo_progress_bar-001-en.png
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    If it's similar to the sims busting out i will be one happy simmer, loved that game :)
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    For a fair comparison, you should find screenshots of TS3 running 1080p on a ps3. I absolutely love that game and have a 20th gen legacy running on there. Sims4, from what I've seen behaves a lot like console TS3. It's not a bad thing really, seeing as the insane increase of performance and stability is what blows people away everytime. It even blows TS4 players away. Goes to show.
  • Options
    2011simone wrote: »
    If it's similar to the sims busting out i will be one happy simmer, loved that game :)

Well, just like the Sims Bustin Out, there are goals to complete. And the goals the same was as Bustin Out, you earn points, you unlock content.

So in theory, it kind of works the same! :)
  • Options
    keyb0x wrote: »

Nah, they decided to go with the online idea after SimCity being online failed. There is no way they developed a brand new game in under a year.

The game we have no is the "Sims Online 2" without the "Online" tag. But I kind of like it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I called it months ago. I don't play console games, One reason I don't like the look or feel (by all the let's plays I have watched) of this face book hybrid between FB and Console. I wanted a new Sims' game for PC, there is a huge difference. And we all know that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.