Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims by Numbers Show - Winner announced!

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
sbn-heading.jpg

The show is on, and a new report is posted almost daily until it all ends on September 30th! Please refer to the last post of this thread for news, or check out the daily reports on my blog for all the details :)

So, I'm planning a little project to celebrate TS4! It's my way of learning about a new series, for TS1 and TS2 I did similar projects named SimLOOK.

The Sims by Numbers Show is basically about moving 8 single sims into a house to let them roam freely most of the time, to observe how they do behave and react and build their relations. Most decisions will be based on each sim's personal number; 1 to 8. The candidates were even created based on their number!

In the Sims by Numbers house there will also be a scheduled program including certain chores, but for periods the 8 participants will do whatever they want. I will only direct them to tasks related to their chores and a few other tasks according to the program. The group will explore the house as well as the town, and every day there is a morning meeting to plan the day, as well as a late meeting to sum up things. Each participant starts out with a certain amount of point that will change during the stay, and closing points for each day will make their social rank for the next day. Whenever the group decides to buy something, they will need to spend their points (1 point = 1 simoleon), and they won't always agree to the purchase. I assume aspiration and number will decide.

The sim with most points on the end of the very last day will win the house, making him/her the founder of my new TS4 legacy! That's some story to tell your grandchildren!

Detailed Sims by Number reports will be posted on my blog, Simmerville's Sims, but I'll also post headlines on this thread.
The show opens shortly after TS4 release and you are welcome to join with suggestions and comments. You might even get yourself a favourite.

* * * T H E * C A N D I D A T E S * * *

* VOTING HAS CLOSED - SEE PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD *

Right now 8 female sims and 8 male sims signed up for the show, each created by numbers. Unfortunately there is only room for 4 from each group, and you are invited to vote for the sims you think would be interesting for the show, please see the banners below and leave your vote at the respective thread.
Voting closed August 31.

Vote for female participants here!

heading.jpg

Vote for male participants here!

heading-m.jpg
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    * * * T O P * F O U R * * *

The current TOP 4 is updated every night (CET). Is your favourite in?

Top 4 Females:
    8-ochana-thumb.jpg1-ona-thumb.jpg6-sissela-thumb.jpg5-fiona-thumb.jpg

Top 4 Males:
    4-quatore-thumb.jpg2-toby-thumb.jpg5-fabian-thumb.jpg8-otto-thumb.jpg

* * * N E W S * * *

More info on how the Sims by Numbers Show will work will be up in a few days!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    * * * R U L E S * * *

Rules and details on the show is worked on, and here's a few tidbits so far:

8 sims in a house will explore everyday for 20 simdays, There will be a daily routine including 4 hrs of free will:

- Every day starts with a MORNING MEETING.
    - 8 chores will be handed out, one per day until all are taken.
    - Every day one participant will be Super Sim, it's the one ending the previous day with the greenest plumbob.
    - Every 2nd day is a Sim in Spot day. The sim grabbing this opportunity will be sent on a schedule lasting 10 hrs.
    - Some days there will be group tours to community lots.
    - Every 3rd day there will be a party at the house!
    - Certain events will be rewarded with points, participants can trade opportunities.
    - Super Sim and Sim in Spot will be covered a bit better than the rest in the daily report.
    - Highest point score on the 20th day earns the grand prize; Becoming a legacy founder in the Sims by Number house!

The show is expected to last for 20 simdays, but nothing is final yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    * * * N E W S * * *

5-fiona-150x150.jpg - I didn't do that on purpose, Fiona claimed. - It just happened.

*Hark* Contestant Fiona Robberton has admitted that she dyed her hair just before the photo shots! She is a number 5, and the 5th hair colour is indeed not black but red-to-brown. One judge suggested to disqualify her, but beause it should obviously have been spotted earlier, Fiona is allowed to stay. Her photos need to be retaken, and will be updated ASAP!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Top 5 has been replaced by two Top 4s, one for females and one for males. Yay! Is your favourite candidate in?

Thanks for voting!
  • Options
    Hey! Some new votes were counted, and the Top 4s were updated.

For the females, Ochana took the lead from Sissela who is currently runner up.
    For the males, there is a close tie between Toby, Quatore and Otto.
  • Options
    * * * N E W S * * *

1-ona-150x150.jpg - It was stressful getting here, how could I be bothered with my contact lenses? Ona said. - I couldn't even see them!

Another scandal came up today, in the camp where the Sims by Numbers contestants reside. Someone (to remain nameless, blamed Ona Rosewood for cheating, as Ona's bright blue eyes could hardly be a number 1 option. And right they were! It turns out the creator (*hark*me*hark*) forgot to adjust the eyes according to Numbers! For all female contestants except Sissela! Argh! New photos are in the works, but only the close up photo will be replaced. (it's hard to tell a difference on the other photos anyway).

And before you ask, the male contestants were checked too, but they all had the correct eye colour. :)
  • Options
    Rules and details on the show is worked on, and today I've updated the info on top of this thread (see 3rd post from top)

The house plan has been worked on, and a glimpse will be posted soon! :)
  • Options
    Top 4s were updated! The top rank was unchanged for the women, while Quatore took the male lead, and there's a tie between Toby and Otto. Let the votes flow! :)
  • Options
    Hi all! Looks like I forgot to post about the TOP 4s here yesterday. New votes were added to the count, but did not affect the existing top 4. Next update will be in about 10 hrs.

Yesterday the weekly random winners were picked, PhoebeH84Player & KitOnlyHuman. Next random pick will be Friday Aug 29th, so keep voting if you didn't already!
  • Options
    I just posted a few screenies from the brand new TS4 trailer on my blog, Simmerville's Sims. Here's a couple screenies from Willow Creek. The Sims by Numbers Show will start there in about 2 weeks, but the town will be renamed for the show because I plan to make some changes. :)

ts4-01.jpg

ts4-02.jpg

• Options
    Here's another Willow Creek shot. You might have seen the house many times before... will this be the house for Sims by Numbers Show? Or will this be the lot to demolish for the new SbN house? Na...

ts4-08.jpg
  • Options
    TOP 4s were updated! Sissela pushed Ochana down from the female's top spot, whil Quatore is still in the lead for the males. No changes to who's on the lists. Next update tomorrow night, keep voting if you haven't already! :)
  • Options
    * * * N E W S * * *

6-seth-150x150.jpg - It's just that my ex-girlfriend told me I'd probably win the whole thing. I knew I shouldn't have trusted her!

A couple candidates have raised their voice suggesting to withdraw from the Sims by Numbers election. After nearly a full week, all contestants got some votes, but the TOP 4 lists hardly seem to change regarding who's in and not. While we do understand there might be some disappointed candidates never reaching TOP 4, we have to remind everyone that you are currently on a strongly guarded camp, and there is NO way you can leave at this point! Muha!
  • Options
    * * * N E W S * * *

8-ochana-150x150.jpg - Me? Ahhhh, really? Yay!

TOP 4 was updated both for females and males. Ochana took back the number 1 spot, pushing Sissela down to number 2. Quatore is still in the lead of the males, while Fabian is now number 3, pushing Otto down to number 4.

Again, no new contestants reached the list. Have we already seen the result?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi all! 3 more sets of votes were added to both the voting threads, but hey-ho - nothing affected the Top4s, so there was nothing to update!

To ease your pain, I put together a few family portraits from my upcoming town, Gloomville :) I'm preparing some more info, but must wait to add other age groups than adults. Anyway, the Sims by Numbers Show will take place in Willow Field hood of Gloomville. The lot has been picked, now let's hope the few maps available will match reality...

familydeck.jpg

There is a question in there - we don't know yet who will be on the show. The participants might run into all the other characters, plus there are a few more as well. It's good being ahead of things - still 10 days to go...
  • Options
    Release date is getting closer, and I'm really excited! Last night I found some in-game pictures from one of the hoods of Willow Creek, the exact hood that in my Gloomville will be named Willow Field. This is where the Sims by Numbers house will be built. I already made a rough floor plan, but seeing the pictures I realize the house must be relatively small. I'm eager to move forward, while I wait I'll drool over the new pictures a little more...

gloom-1.jpg

The centered lot is where the Sims by Numbers house will be built!

Find more photos in this article (in French).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    * * * N E W S * * *

2-toby-150x150.jpg - How cool!

More votes added, but TOP4s are unchanged. There are new ties forming, though. For the females, Ochana is still in the lead, but Sissela has to share the 2nd spot with Ona, with Fiona number 4. also note that number 5 (unnamed) lacks only 1 point to tie with Fiona!

For the males there is a new tie in the top, Quatore and Toby has both the top score. Fabian third and Otto number 4. But also here only 1 point splits number 4 and number 5. Keep voting! You will find the two voting pages linked from the top posts of this thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Wanna help suggesting challenges for the show?

Every day at 11 PM the day closes and the participant with the greenest and the reddest plumbob will be "rewarded". More about the greenest later, but the keyword is Super Sim :)

The owner of the reddest plumbob (today's loser) will need to give 100p to Super Sim. This can be avoided though, by performing a randomly chosen task within 60 minutes, starting midnight! I need a list of possible 60 min challenges, and you are invited to add to the list! It shall be a tad hard - but possible - to complete the task within 60 minutes. Just keep in mind that the other participants will probably be in bed by then, so the task should not involve the other household members. Neither should there be travels to other hoods because it will steal from those 60 minutes.

Here's a short list to start:
    (Alternative will be selected based on a number = participant's personal number 1-8 plus daynumber 1-20)
    1. Clean the house's ground floor! All dirty plates&cups/glasses, dirty bathroom facilities, dirty floors and dirty counters must be clean to complete this task.
    2. Harvest and plant a wild Snapdragon!
    3. Walk outside in the street and hug someone!
    4. Visit Willow Farm (next door) and start a fire! Fireplace or kitchen stove, or any other possible way.
    5. Get a woodoo doll, go to the Park and perform one negative affect to a sim there. (too difficult)
    5. Walk outside and make someone laugh.
    6. Put on your formal attire, and go fishing (must catch 1 fish)
    7. Hunt a diamond in the wild. Challenge fulfilled once the diamond is in your inventory.
    8. Visit a neighbour and steal any harvest available (1 plant)
    9. Phone another household and hang up after hearing their reaction this late.

You are welcome to add to this list. If you start the line with a number, I'll understand what it's for, and will add it.
  • Options
    The Sims by Numbers house is currently in development, although building must wait nearly a week. The show will start on September 6th, that's just one week to go! Wow!

Anyway, I made a rough floor plan sketch, and here's the ground floor.

floorplan.jpg

On ground floor we find kitchen, dining, library/bar and fun room, to mention some. Upstairs are the 4 bedrooms meaning 8 contestants will share 4 rooms.

More details about the Sims by Numbers house was posted on my blog Simmerville's Sims today.
  • Options
    I just want to remind everyone that August 31st is the last day you can vote for candidates for the upcoming Sims by Number Show! There have been plenty of votes, so thank you all (*) , but there's not that much of a spread in top 4, so it is still possible to affect the result.

Find links to each voting page on top of this thread. There is one voting thread for males and another for females.

Because I'm in Europe, votes until Sept 1st at noon my local time will be accepted. I'll try to remember posting a "stop voting" note although it's during my working hours.

(and I can't hide that I look forward to focus only on this main thread :D )
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Top4 was updated! And with just about 12 hours more to vote, this is getting very exciting!

For each gender, 1st & 2nd will share a top quality room, and 3rd & 4th will share a lower quality room.

4-quatore-thumb.jpg2-toby-thumb.jpg5-fabian-thumb.jpg8-otto-thumb.jpg

For the males there is no change to top4. Quatore and Toby still in the lead there - it's a tie, even!

8-ochana-thumb.jpg1-ona-thumb.jpg6-sissela-thumb.jpg5-fiona-thumb.jpg

For the females we have an update, because Ona climbs up to 2nd, pushing Sissela down to 3rd. And there is a tie on 1st, and also Sissela and Fiona has a tie on 3rd - and that's not all; there's only 1 point between Ochana and Fiona! Phew! A closer race was never seen before at the Sims by Numbers Show! :)

If there is a tie win, all involved will of course get the full 1st reward - which is a good bunch of points to get a good start at the house.
  • Options
    Voting closed earlier today. Two contestants got 16 votes, four got 15 votes, so you can tell it was a pretty close race!
    Sharing the most comfy rooms: Ochana & Ona, and Quatore & Toby. Sharing the less comfy rooms: Sissela & Fiona and Fabian & Otto.

On the show all particiants starts out with 1000 points. The following won additional 500 points: Ochana, Ona, Quatore and Toby. The following lost 100 points: Sissela, Fiona and Otto.

The 8 chosen candidates are finally expressing themselves about participating on the upcoming Sims by Numbers Show!

8-ochana-thumb2.jpg Ochana Mox (16 votes): - Oh my! This will be so exciting! Who are the four guys?
    Ochana starts with 1500 points.

1-ona-thumb2.jpg Ona Rosewood (16 votes): - I feel the energies, I think! If it's about physics I might win this whole thing!
    Ona starts with 1500 points.

4-quatore-thumb2.jpg Quatore Virton (15 votes): - We'll be just like one big crazy family! I can live with that!
    Quatore starts with 1500 points.

2-toby-thumb2.jpg Toby Toller (15 votes): - Will there be time to read? Write? Am I at least allowed to take funny notes?
    Toby starts with 1500 points.

6-sissela-thumb2.jpg Sissela Morck (15 votes): - What? Need to share rooms? Share with who?
    Sissela starts with 900 points.

5-fiona-thumb2.jpg Fiona Robberton (15 votes): - Will there be good food? A good kitchen? I hope so!
    Fiona starts with 900 points.

5-fabian-thumb2.jpg Fabian Rumple (13 votes): - If I will need to eat fastfood for 20 days, I'll sign off!
    Fabian starts with 1000 points.

8-otto-thumb2.jpg Otto Adriano (10 votes): - Hm, will there be some lovely chicks in the house? Will we mingle all the time?
    Otto starts with 900 points.

Please note that in the show it will be all about points, and the votes will be left behind. Every day at least some of the participants will get a chance to earn or lose points, and after 20 simdays, the highest score will win the house - AND be the founder of my new legacy called Gloomville Diaries.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Congratulations to your winners! Look forward to seeing more.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Hi! They all say thank you! :lol: I'm looking forward too, my game was sent today, so I think there won't be any delay. It remains to see if my computer can handle it, though...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sbn-heading.jpg

Just to inform you all that the Sims by Numbers Show is on schedule! The house was built and equipped, and families of the entire world were adjusted to make sure the neighbours are the same that will be around once my legacy, Gloomville Diaries, can start October 1st :)

I'm now off to move in the 8 Sims by Numbers contestants for their very first day in the house! Can't wait to see them coming to life!