Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gloomville Diaries - Gen 1 - Chapter 38 - Passing it on (July 18 - closing season 1)

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
Gloomville Diaries is a legacy with a Secret Mission where the holder must investigate the past of Gloomville. The title refers to both the books written by the legacy holders AND the memory of the entire community of Gloomville. While focusing on one household, small mysteries and stories from 3 hoods will be revealed and mixed to answer those questions.

I don't know where it all will lead, that's what I look forward to find out as my legacy holders explore :)

Instead of many legacy rules leading to points, there are traditions to pass on to next generation as well as the Secret Mission. There is a setup of activities that must be done in a certain order - will they all have time enough?

New chapters at least weekly, all to be posted on my blog Simmerville's Sims, with just a sneak peek on this thread. Below you find the story index with direct links to the blog posts. Note there is also a similar index on Simmerville's Sims.

gloomville-225x110.jpg
Current Legacy Holder: Ochana Mox (founder)

Season 1 closed July 18th. Season 2 will be announced later this year.

Ch 38 - Passing it on
Ch 37 - Heirs informed
Ch 36 - Birthday party
Ch 35 - Contest
Ch 34 - Miranda
Ch 33 - Edith
Ch 32 - Collectors
Ch 31 - Family painting
Ch 30 - Twins' birthday
Ch 29 - A Glee next door?
Ch 28 - Oaksdale family tree
Ch 27 - Edith and Miranda go about
Ch 26 - Meeting with Sonia
Ch 25 - Tomato hunt
Ch 24 - A new computer
Ch 23 - Neighbours visiting
Ch 22 - Twins' birthday
Ch 21 - The Hikes Siblings
Ch 20 - Mrs. Raven
Ch 19 - The swimming pool
Ch 18 - Time to Focus
Ch 17 - A bigger family
Ch 16 - Family life
Ch 15 - The attic (again)
Ch 14 - Meeting Niels Grossing
Ch 13 - Wedding
Ch 12 - The attic
Ch 11 - The ravens and a Proposal
Ch 10 - Revisiting Upperton Fair
Ch 9 - Birthday and a Secret office
Ch 8 - Baby Bonanza
Ch 7 - Pregnant!
Ch 6 - The right guy
Ch 5 - The tough everyday
Ch 4 - Flock Hideaway
Ch 3 - Directions
Ch 2 - A stalker in the shower
Ch 1 - Returning to Glee Abode

below is the old text with some info on Gloomville and its 3 hoods

familydeck.jpg

I don't know the name of my founder yet, because the founder is to be elected on the Sims by Numbers Show. The election of 4 male and 4 female participants is ongoing, and voting closes on August 31. The show will study how well TS4 sims will do on free will for 20 simdays, and the winning sim will be my legacy founder! The show starts on September 6th and will probably close on September 30th.

The Sims by Numbers reports will be posted almost daily on my blog Simmerville's Sims, with headlines on the Sims by Numbers forum thread.
Also the legacy will be posted on my blog, but with essentials on this thread.

Info on the many hoods and households of Gloomville will be shared here soon - stay tuned!
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Gloomville is technically based on Willow Creek, and is a small town not far from the coast. 11 hrs west of SimCity, 14 hrs north of Galucca and 19 hrs south of Bridgeport. By polished car on dusty countryside roads, that is. Gloomville was established on my Year Count 80 (that equals to year 1894) and is still a pretty small town. It all started with timber industry, followed by some farming with Willow Farm giving the better produce. Nowadays the locals seem to do all kinds of things for a living. You will be introduced to them all during the next days.

gloom-1.jpg

In Gloomville there are several distinct hoods, and my main story will be set at Willow Field for the most. That's where the old farm used to be, and still is. While Upperton hood is home to the top notch families, and Muggerdale hood belongs to the lower working class, Willow Field is where you find households of the average status and charm.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Upperton:
    Lots: 3 residential, 1 community (empty, might become a Senior Home).

map-upperton-2.jpg

map-upperton.jpg

This hood was Gloomville's first residential area. Head of the old timber industry, the Crumpletons, built a good house up here. That was even before Willow Farm was established. There are still descendants from the first Crumpletons residing at Upperton, nowadays joined by other well situated families, and most of them try to outdo their neighbours. These families focus on skills and manners, and a child needs to build minimum 20 skill marks before growing up to young adult, in order to gain respect - and to become a heir.

Families:
    Crumpleton
    von Kaching
    Bootwig
  • Options
    edited September 2014

crumpleton.jpg

The Crumpletons were first to settle in Gloomville, back when they managed the timber industry. Because all timber was exported, the Crumpleton house was built in stone. That's 3 generations ago, but today's Crumpletons are just as proud. There are some rumours about this household being involved with shady business, but most facts can easily be proven wrong. And some wrongs can not be proved at all.

Martus Christo Crumpleton
    He is 3rd generation Crumpleton in Gloomville, and he often talks about his ancestors. He is more occupied with things than with people, thus not the most social resident. His main hobby is to collect stuff, anything from expensive art imported via his shady contacts, to small, weird items found in the region.
    Traits: The Curator - Self-assured, Materialistic, Hates children

Wilma Fionella (Brixerwood) Crumpleton
    When Mrs Crumpleton married to Martus, she knew he strongly dislikes children. So, she hoped one heir would be enough. But even someone who dislikes children must deliver according to upper class rules. Wilma had to give him at least two! Wilma likes it at home, just like her husband she is not very social, although working in Journalism ought to involve meeting people. She prefer doing her research by phone and email. Besides, not every single word needs to be correct, right?
    Traits: Chief of mischief - Loner, Hot-headed, Snob

Charlotta Murderia Crumpleton
    Teen daughter Charlotta is quite self assured but still prefers being alone. She likes to build various skills and do well in school.
    Traits: Renaissance sim - Self-assured, Loner

Charloman Augustus Crumpleton
    Son Charloman has inherited his mom's temper, and his dad's interest in techniques.
    Traits: Hot-headed

• Options
    edited September 2014
    vonkaching.jpg

Bud von Kaching inherited the huge mansion from his father, a successful capitalist and shipping guru. Bud is quite successful, too. He married the lovely Rose, who is currently expecting their 2nd child. Because Bud prefers having options in life, also when it comes to selecting a main heir, Rose might not get as much time as she would like to run her art business, Gallery Ex-Po.

Bud von Kaching
    He is the most business minded man in Gloomville, and the only true answer is g-r-o-w-t-h. His only hobby used to be tennis, but lately there wasn't enough time. He spends some time on his yacht, especially those periods when Rose is busy preparing a new exhibition.
    Traits: Fabulously wealthy - Self-assured, Materialistic, Ambitious.

Rose (Welder) von Kaching
    From upper class, but still impressed by the von Kaching wealth. She loves to waste money - which wasn't Bud's plan at all. If possible time wise, she would replace their entire interior at least weekly. Trends come, trends go! She runs a small gallery in Gloomville, Gallery Ex-Po (Locals from the lower class often refer to it as Ex-Poo).
    Traits: Party animal - Materialistic, Snob, Hot-headed.

Edward Bertophelus von Kaching
    Son Edward is a smart boy, loves to learn new games, and is a tad creative, too.
    Traits: Creative

• Options
    edited September 2014
    bootwig.jpg

The Bootwig* couple moved to Gloomville when Ludwig was hired as the School Principle some years ago. It was not without controversies, as many pointed out that he is not friendly enough to work with the students. Constanza and Ludwig now do their best to keep up with the upper class of Upperton, more clearly spoken Constanza tries to impress both the Crumpletons and the von Kashings. And that's not easy when you're only worthy of a third. Constanza can be a little too much at times, but the Bootwigs live a good life. Now that Mrs Rose von Kashing is pregnant again, Constanza and Ludwig should consider having a 2nd child, too.

Ludwig Bootwig
    Ludwig Bootwig is hard to get to know. He simply feels different and the kids find him a tad scary, but he does his work well. It's a bit unusual that an evil person like him get to work with kids, but he probably manage to control himself - following his wife's directions. He loves to read science, and he has a fascination for chemicals including poisons.
    Traits: Nerd brain - Genius, Geek, Evil

Constanza (Bloom) Bootwig
    Constanza constantly tries to make some impression, she is snobby and loves showing of their wealth. Her semi-tacky taste might be a problem to gain the full respect from the other Upperton families, though. She never had a regular job, and hobbies like roses, food and collecting shiny things come and go.
    Traits: Mansion baron - Materialistic, Glutton, Snob

Hugo Constantin Bootwig
    Son Hugo has inherited his dad's bright brain, and all he can think of is reading and playing chess.
    Traits: Geek

* There are rumours that the Bootwig name should be pronounced Boot-Wig and that Mr Bootwig actually wears a wig, while others think it's Boo-Twig because Mr Bootwig is thin like a twig.
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    Wow, such a lot of information! The families sound very interesting especially their inner competition to stay ahead of one another in the social standings. I assume you'll be posting information about the other families in the other areas as you go? Can't wait to see how they turn out too :)
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    Hello @Sparkle :) Thanks for your comment. I planned waiting until tomorrow, but you just inspired me to move on. The next hood will be Willow Field, and I'll add some of the households tonight.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Willow Field:
    Lots: 5 residential, 0 community.

map-willowfield-2.jpg

map-willowfield.jpg

This was the first area where the forest was cut down, opening up for agricultural activity. There were a handful farms from the start, but when Willow Farm grew bigger, the others were reduced to ordinary houses with a small garden in the backyard. The main produce since long was cabbages and carrots.

Families:
    Oaksdale
    x - legacy - x
    Grossing
    Brox/Cammin
    Hikes
  • Options
    oaksdale.jpg

This is the original Willow Farm - no longer commercially run, but still a good property to own. In the past this farm grew all the land of Willow Field, and the farmer also owned Muggerdale (a nearby hood), where farm workers could rent a small shed and even grow a little land for their own consume.

Recently Agaton Oaksdale (left) bought this house. He did leave his ex-girlfriend Sonia Toadhill back in Bridgeport, and because he is distantly related to the late Willow Farm owners, Willow Field was a natural choice. Sonia followed shortly and moved in with Agaton, temporarily, and one day even Agaton's younger brother Mark (wearing glasses) joined them - temporarily.

Agaton Oaksdale
    Promising Swimmer aiming for the top, but because Gloomville offers no swimming pool, Agaton will choose between taking up painting, or actually try to run the old farm, until he can afford to build his private pool. He is often at the gym, or seen jogging.
    Traits: Bodybuilder - Ambitious, Active, Art lover

Sonia Toadhill
    She loves to read, and to explore new fields of knowledge. When moving to Gloomville, she quickly got familiar with all locations and their history. She loves reading novels set in a different time. She also likes painting, especially landscapes, and one day she might exhibit her work at the Ex-Po gallery.
    Traits: Renaissance sim - Bookworm, Family-oriented, Hot-headed.

Mark Oaksdale
    He just lost his job in the city, and followed his brother. At least that is what Mark told them - truth is that he works under cover in Gloomville. Some crime lead him here, but he can't really talk about it, not even his brother Agaton. Mark loves working out, but he also enjoy reading and astronomy.
    Traits: Bodybuilder - Good, Bookworm, Perfectionist.

• Options
    simsbynumbers.jpg

This lot used to be farmland under the old Willow Farm (next door). Heirs of the late farmer sold out, and a house for the upcoming Sims by Numbers Show (starts September 6th) will be built right here! 20 reports from the show will be posted on my blog, and there will be tidbits posted on this thread, also.

Right after the Sims by Numbers Show the winner will get this house to found a legacy. The legacy is named the Gloomville Diaries and will be told on blog and forum starting October 1st.

Sims by Numbers winner
    n/a
    Traits: n/a

• Options
    edited October 2014
    grossing.jpg

The Grossings are well acclaimed artists, Kevin playing his viola and Camilla writing her popular novels. They both origin from Gloomville.

Niels Grossing
    Senior of the house is a widower, retired policeman since long. He is interested in a good story, drinks his coffee hot or cold, and spends hours every night watching TV.
    Traits: Friend of the world - Active, Self-assured, Perfectionist.

Kevin Grossing
    Kevin grew up in this very house, being the only son of senior Niels Grossing. He learned playing the viola from his late mom, and occasionally he gives concerts both in Gloomville and even in SimCity. He dislikes being on tour, but enjoy very much meeting with other musicians.
    Traits: Renaissance sim - Clumsy, Music lover, Family-oriented.

Camilla (Irving) Grossing
    Acclaimed novelist with several bestsellers on the record. Camilla prefer working at home, but every now and then she needs to do research around town or even in other towns nearby. She loves children, but mostly write for the grown up readers.
    Traits: Sucessful lineage - Neat, Outgoing, Family-oriented.

Linda Grossing
    Teen daughter Linda loves music, but she loves the boys even more.
    Traits: Serial romantic - Goofball, Music lover

James Grossing
    Son James is active, but also seems to mind his steps well.
    Traits: Neat

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Simmerville, this looks fascinating; can't wait to read it!
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Thank you :) I can't wait, too - I'm so eager to get started, but realize it will be one hectic September come the Sims by Numbers Show on top of preparing my new legacy. Well, these games are always very time consuming when a new base game is released, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it very much :)
  • Options
    Ooooh nice to see the next bunch added! More and more interesting. Part of my brain is already thinking "how are you going to keep all these sims straight" and the other part is saying "you know how silly!" LOL
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    Hi again @Sparkle - you were quick :) I'll add a fw more households in a few. Just adding couple at the time, because it seems rather massive, :lol:
  • Options
    brox.jpg

Two friends from SimCity moved to Gloomville to check out what might be on offer. They share a small house that is just about large enough to give some good parties.

Zilla Brox
    Zilla (left on pic) refers to herself as a relaxed party girl. Fact is she is lazy, and she knows how to mix a few drinks. That's all. Back in SimCity she enjoyed to be single, and she thought that one day she might get herself a job as a mixologist. Well, that day has arrived.
    Traits: Master mixologist - Foodie, Lazy, Noncommittal.

Brenda Cammin
    Brenda is kinda flirty, but she often scares off the guys who find her too active and direct. She meets some guys through her number one interest, sports, and she is pretty good at certain sports disciplines too. Some sees her as a babe, others as the young woman who wants to decide everything. Basically she is somewhere in between - just impatient and eager.
    Traits: Hopeful romantic - Self-assured, Active, Outgoing.

• Options
    hikes.jpg

The Hikes siblings, Adrian, Hector and Ella, are pretty new at Willow Field of Gloomville. They live together for the time being. It's cheaper that way, for as long as it lasts.

Adrian Hikes
    Adrian is quite the flirt, he loves dating at coffee shops downtown. He is normally a jolly fellow, especially on those days when his creative energies flow. It's not easy to handle his enthusiasm, though, actually it's hard to understand what idea he tries to explain. He likes new stuff, and he is a bit bored from living with his brother and sister. If they could only help cleaning this place!
    Traits: Hopeful Romantic - Creative, Cheerful, Neat

Hector Hikes
    Hector is a little dangerous, not so much because of the knife in his pocket, but because it's hard to tell whether he is satisfied or crossed. When he expresses joy, there's always some intense glimpse in his eyes, making others nervous. What is Hector up to next - complementing you or stabbing you? Truth is that Hector is always on the look for wealth. He wouldn't steal if he already had what he wants, but wanting a massive, exclusive mansion and not even having a good job, don't quite match. Most business attempts brought miseries, and now he just got a new idea - there might be a new way to reach wealth!
    Traits: Mansion Baron - Mean, Materialistic, Clumsy.

Ella Hikes
    Nobody ever accused Ella for being a warm and honest person, but she loves-loves-loves computers! It's no secret that she is a nerd, at least when she hides in her room for days and nobody really knows for sure if she is alive or not. Okay, there are times when she hides on purpose because she feels depressed. Those days are good for computer journeys, she even does a lot of online dating. Hm, she actually has multiple dating accounts using different names and photos, all fake. Right now a nice Upperton guy is showing some interest...
    Traits: Computer Whiz - Geek, Art lover, Gloomy.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Muggerdale
    Lots: 4 residential, 1 community (empty, possibly flee market or festivals).

map-muggerdale-2.jpg

map-muggerdale.jpg

Formerly, Muggerdale was property of the Willow Farm at nearby Willow Field. Farm workers lived here in rented sheds, and were even allowed to grow a small harvest for their own consume. These days Muggerdale is the cheaper low status hood of Gloomville.

Families:
    Mugger
    Raven
    Stone/Despond
    Schwaini
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mugger.jpg

Pedro and Anita make a living from small scale farming. They live eco-friendly, and spend hours outdoors.

Pedro Mugger
    Pedro descends from the Mugger family who actually gave this hood its name. They were never criminals or social pests, just pretty poor small scale farmers. A long gone ancestor was a muppet crafter, and Pedro believes that somewhere along the line Muppet became Mugger. A tad hard to believe...
    Traits: Freelance botanist - Loner, Foodie, Hot-headed.

Anita (Wood) Mugger
    Anita came to Gloomville with her sister, Agnes. Anita loves her little family at Muggerdale. She works at a fast food kitchen in town, and when she has some time off she enjoy fishing. As a little girl she had a nice aquarium, maybe Alan or Janet would like to have a fish bowl?
    Traits: Angling ace - Childish, Foodie, Family-oriented.

Alan Mugger
    Son.
    Traits: Social butterfly - Hot headed

Janet Mugger
    Daughter being born these days...
    Traits: n/a

Agnes Wood (unmarried sister of Anita)
    She is not the sharpest knife in the sock. She loves all things butterflies, and she is ready to marry!
    Traits: Big happy family - Gloomy, Family-oriented, Lazy.

• Options
    edited September 2014

raven.jpg

Tomas and Elvira moved to Muggerdale when they were young. That's long ago. Now their son Ollie will soon take over the little house at Muggerdale, and Elvira can't wait to have some grandkids!

Tomas Raven
    Tomas always like growing their food, but he also took work elsewhere, short term jobs like assisting on building or digging and other stuff requiring some strength. He loves a good story, and is often seen in the local Park.
    Traits: Freelance botanist - Outgoing, Cheerful, Foodie.

Elvira (Jones) Raven
    She loves food, and she eat a bit too much and too often. But it's also her job, cooking at a restaurant in town. Elvira also likes music, and she might be Kevin Grossing's biggest fan.
    Traits: Master chef - Foodie, Music lover, Family-oriented.

Ollie Raven
    Young adult son. Planning to take over the little farmhouse, but will he be too lazy?
    Traits: x - Foodie, Outgoing, Lazy

• Options

stone.jpg

Sara and Lona are new in Gloomville, and they share the smallest house they could find. They are both single and searching.

Sara Stone
    Sara dreams of wealthiness, but she would prefer reaching it without getting married. Two soulmates can live together without the marriage and kids part, can't they? She believes that every man who buy her a drink, does so because he likes her personality. And a few of them might do, but why do they all leave right after breakfast? Don't they like her cooking?
    Traits: Soulmate - Romantic, Materialistic, Noncommittal.

Lona Despond
    Lona just moved to Gloomville, she is single and hopes to meet Mr. Right. Whenever she spots a man, she runs up to him and starts charming him the best she can. Lately, local men have been hiding when they see Lona arriving. She is a true romantic, she loves reading (romantic novels) and attending concerts. Or she might spend the nights at home knitting, while guarding the phone in case Mr Right will call.
    Traits: Soulmate - Romantic, Goofball, Bookworm.

• Options
    edited September 2014

schwaini.jpg

Corinne and Miri Schwaini are poor, but like it at Muggerdale. Corinne loves nature and Miri loves evil pranks. So what brought them together? They have no idea. They make a living from growing some food, collecting stuff to sell at the flee market.

Miri Schwaini
    Miri has left a semi-criminal path, and dreams of becoming a comedian. It's not bringing in the good money though, so only occasionally he might look around for forgotten stuff to sell at the Mugger Market.
    Traits: Chief of mischief - Evil, Bro, Art lover.

Corinne (Nivari) Schwaini
    She likes growing their garden. Not onlysome food, but flowers even more so. She sell flowers at Mugger Market, but honestly she prefer those plants staying alive in her own garden.
    Traits: Freelance botanist - Gloomy, Loves outdoors, Mean.

Rambo Schwaini
    Teen son ...
    Traits: Chief of mischief - Gloomy, Evil

Sculla Schwaini:
    Daughter Sculla wants to be playful, but her evil trait might cause some conflicts along the road.
    Traits: Evil

• Options
    edited September 2014
    This completes the Gloomville households! Only the main household, my Legacy at Willow Field, is not known until late September. Meanwhile I will probably post a few pictures from the place, maybe with a look at some of the families already presented.

The 8 participants to the Sims by Numbers Show were elected on other threads, and the show starts on September 6th (if my computer accepts the hard work, that is...).

Edit: Oh, and pretty soon I will of course get to know the looks and traits of the kids! Pictures and info will be edited accordingly!
  • Options
    After a few days installing and checking out the game, all households (except the one sim winning the Sims by Numbers Show) have moved into their homes! I've had a blast, although there was a lot to learn and organize in limited amount of time. Today the first Sims by Numbers report will be up!

Last night some hood maps and pics were added to this thread, look for previous posts.
  • Options
    hey @simmerville sorry took me so long to read the rest of these - been busy on my own little project - love the stories again, especially your Stone/Despond house, know I shouldn't laugh but can't help it LOL

Are you planning on kicking out the current residents like the Goths? I assume so but just checking :)
    SparkleSimsSig2.png