Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Freezing and Lagging

EA

I refuse to purchase Sims 4, or any other products from EA, until the streaming issues and other glitches are corrected with Island Paradise. Other Simmers need to follow suit as this is how the market works. This EP should have never been released in this state. Also please quit blaming the user's computers, the old ones have long been recycled. Please no more talk of threads and cheats, moving caves so you may dive, deleting objects constantly to make game run smoothly, this is madness and may I add, not MY JOB. I am not a game developer, this is EA's job, they are well compensated. I like to play the Sims to enjoy and relax, no such luck.

Sincerely,
Unhappy Simmer

Comments

• Options
    liverpoolsanliverpoolsan Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. Im still having problems with my game doing the same. Have you had any feedback from the developers.
  • Options
    jconnerjconner Posts: 5 New Member
    Well, I have had Island Paradise for well over a year now, and it still does not work. I have tried everything humanly possible and still freezes and lags. EA tells me it hasn't gotten a patch for it yet, but "their working on it", that was 9 months ago! I have a brand new computer (Alienware, by Dell) more than able to handle all Sims games. I agree this is not fair that some can play but others can not. There probably won't be anything done about this because now their working on bugs/patches for the Sims4........I too am very unhappy!
  • Options
    GatorPickedGatorPicked Posts: 4 New Member
    Sadly Island Paradise has fallen prey to the Sims curse of glitches. I still play it mainly just to max a characters scuba level then move them to another town. Another thing that seems messed up is when you move them, they lose all friends acquired including family (parents, sibs, etc).
    As to the Sims 4. . .Don't buy it. It has some good points but The Sims 3 is far better creatively. Such as the color wheel in creating the character and clothing color selection/adaption.
  • Options
    ceeceefluffymaryceeceefluffymary Posts: 4 New Member
    they cannot fix this don't worry it happens to everyone just move to another world this was the first BIG world they have done so don't just say mean stuff about EA it happens all the time for me i don't really care so just chill
  • Options
    NimphyraNimphyra Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2014
    > @ceeceefluffymary said:
    > they cannot fix this don't worry it happens to everyone just move to another world this was the first BIG world they have done so don't just say mean stuff about EA it happens all the time for me i don't really care so just chill

It doesn't matter what "reasons" EA has for this problem. Still remains a problem and I bought the game for nothing. Now I have to find custom worlds that have the same features and they are often not as good as EA worlds. The best thing for them to do is to make a new Island Paradise world and give it for free to all who bought the game. There, problem solved.
  • Options
    Sims3lover52Sims3lover52 Posts: 54 New Member
    Its a common thing it's ask Error code 12 there is a way to fix it! Search it on google!
  • Options
    Pkspam89Pkspam89 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone, I purchased them quite recently and had this horrible problem, the solution is super simple and worked wonders for me... First is Ctrl+Shift+c. Then write like this "resetSim *" and voila! Your sims will get back home and the game will be way faster than before. Trust me and hope it works for someone else :D
  • Options
    sstardogsstardog Posts: 1 New Member
    I've tried "resetSim" a few times,but it only worked once on a single sim when I entered her name instead of the generic, Sim. Are you supposed to use the quotation marks?
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I had horrible lagging and freezing with IP. I found the solution was to delete the Scott Family. This stopped about 90% of the lag and NRAAS mods, "Overwatch" and "Error Trap" took care of the rest.

Some people have told me you don't have to delete the family, just move them out , or fix their house because that's the issue. I found it easier just to bulldoze the lot and evict the Scotts to the Sim world.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Delete also the Medina Family they tend to start wrong routing and that brings to freezes and lags, well the Game had always have problems with routing, also with over spwan from vehicle, use mods such as overwatch and master controller, this two mods will delete vehicles and show and reset wrong routing sims. There is no helping it, Maxis didn't put work into it and let Modder doing their job. Normally i should be mad too about that but i have so much fun in the island paradise i can't stop playing it. So i just help myself with those two mods and getting rid of those that have routing problem.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It's ashame the bugs in this ep were never fixed.