Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with the New WW SimPoints Ads-Post Here

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think I get about one a day if I'm lucky. Some of them ask for my gender and year of birth and then tell me there's no ad available. :/
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm having the same issue today
    when i'm not logged in adverts are showing up but as soon as i login the advert disappears. :cry: :evil: :evil:

it's happen at several different times of day, on different browsers, so it can't be that the inventory of ads was used up, as soon as i signed out again the adverts sign shows up :roll:

also the advert sign is not static i.e. when a user is not signed in the advert sign will not always be up, i think this is due to availibilty just now for me it is not showing, but an hr ago it was.

the only thing i can think of is possibly some viewers can only view 5 ads every 24hrs...can't remember where i read that.
    today i viewed 1 ad before this issue started :?
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had a problem with the ads last week. They were barely showing up and I couldn't get more than 2 or 3 ads in a day. I was using the Chrome browser then. I switched to Firefox the other day and got 135 points. The same amount of points yesterday as well. Just keep checking and go through all of the store and eventually you'll find them. Hope you will be able to find more ads and get the points you need!
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    AmyWritesStuffAmyWritesStuff Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2014
    Some of them won't load for me... I see the icon, click, video never shows.
  • Options
    JlkealJlkeal Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2014
    Some of them won't load for me... I see the icon, click, video never shows.

I have had that happen to me a few times. I just keep clicking the play (arrow) until the pop up saying thanks, then click that, and get the points anyway.
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2014
    Jlkeal wrote:

I have had that happen to me a few times. I just keep clicking the play (arrow) until the pop up saying thanks, then click that, and get the points anyway.

I tried that on 3 videos today and that didn't work. :/ I guess it works for some but not everyone. I will keep trying that the next time I get a video that just shows the arrow and not the contents.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    I haven't seen a sim point ad in a month now :lol: I've tried different browsers too.
  • Options
    UmbraWitchDoctorUmbraWitchDoctor Posts: 14
    edited August 2014
    I can't see the button either, American here. I used to see it couple of months ago and now I don't see it and I'm sure it's not blocked either (Adblocker user, too). So... I don't know if maybe there isn't a video to be played or something's amiss.
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks like the issue has been fixed. For me anyways, normally I'd get one or two a week if that, but I've now been getting multiples a day. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that I bought simpoints? Maybe you need a certain balance to qualify? That would suck.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have more points than my friend and it's working just fine for her (we both live in America as well, so I don't think it's a country issue), so I don't know what's going on. It's working for some but not others. :lol:
  • Options
    MaithlyMaithly Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks like the issue has been fixed. For me anyways, normally I'd get one or two a week if that, but I've now been getting multiples a day. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that I bought simpoints? Maybe you need a certain balance to qualify? That would suck.

To your latter question: I don't believe so, since I literally rely solely on SimPoints earned through ads to buy Store content. I've worked my way from a few cents' worth of points all the way up to over 60 dollars' worth before, and regardless of my balance, I've earned on average about the same number of points daily. To be honest, the ads haven't been showing up as frequently for me as they used to, but I still usually manage to squeeze in a decent 100+ points daily with some persistence.
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited August 2014
    Some of the ads don't give points, ever, not even the next day. Some ads stick or something, and never play, and I have to refresh to get the page back. Most work alright, but they are very hard to locate.
  • Options
    AmeliaMorganAmeliaMorgan Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been getting the simpoints adds for a day and a half non-stop, and I try them. I tried it atleast 15 times yesterday, went to sleep, woke up, refreshed every half n hour, and it's been a whole day and they still haven't come through. I thought maybe because I live in Australia it wouldn't, but I've seen posts where those in Australia and Scotland and that get them, but they just won't come through for me and it's frustrating me!!! AH!