Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥~Romagi's Sims 3 Creations~♥♥~Bahama Breeze~♥♥

Comments

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    yeah I know a lot of the furnishings in my game, I don't remember seeing that shelf before so that might be the IF item. The launcher said that it would simply replace it with something close to the item. I will be starting a new game tomorrow and will let ya know.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

O Rox Torreon Medieval Manor is perfect. I love it! You did a wonderful job inside and out. Downloaded and rec'd. Well done :smiley:
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @nilanius, it is the shelf from ITF. I even remember doing it. The shelf from GEN was too thick and cut off the top of the wine bottle on the bottom so I needed a thinner shelf. Sorry!

Thanks so much Sandy and Paula! I did have fun as I like witches and DV and HS are 2 of my Fav worlds.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Wasn't the shelf actually, it was something on the wall behind the actual shelf. It replaced some of the decor you had on the top shelf and the shelf itself with an oriental style one. I took a screenshot of it. Felt the one that was clipping the cabinet itself was not fitting in so all I did was simply delete that. Other than that, the house is awesome thank you!

o0ZEeyv.jpg
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    edited March 2018
    The Torreon Medieval Manor looks absolutely amazing! I love the elaborated exterior design of the house itself and the garden is beautiful especially with the lovely pond and waterfall. I think it is quite intriguing how you furnished the house with all the modern luxury one could wish for, though still remaining this rustic and cute medieval ambience.

Plus I always love your Sims; your latest creation the Verdashas are fabulous, they both look gorgeous :heart_eyes: (I am always looking for some interesting supernaturals to add to my game).
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    @nilanius, Thanks for the pic! It's always interesting to see what BG item they replace something with!

@Heledriel, I knew it was you before I even saw the name! It looks like Kaelie is no longer a teen. <3

Thanks for stopping by! My requester found a 3D model of the home they wanted. :) I was liking the looks of it myself and it allowed so much to be put on the lot!

Soocoolsim called him devilishly handsome and I think that description fits him well. Plus he was really rocking those poses! She looks so sweet and innocent next to him! :D Glad you like them!
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    The vampire and fairy are such a cute couple.

Torreon Medieval Manor looks stunning!
  • Options
    jonluke32jonluke32 Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2018
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Question for current request.

****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****

WIPS are in the next post down! :)

FREE items from the store. here

3-10-18

There are a couple of things I won't be able to do with this build. I could possibly put the skylights in but they would just be a whole in the roof and weather would get in. And I am not sure if I can do it as I will need to place 2 roofs on it to get the larger eaves. I can vault the ceiling but the beams won't turn loose of the grid below so they would look like a triangle shaped rafter. Plus to put them in I would need to add another level so you wouldn't see the vault or the beams during regular play. Just doing the vault you would be able to see. For the one kitchen wall I would need to use a fence to keep it from attaching on up to the vault. But the fence will not drop like the walls do when you play. Also there may be some places I have to simify it as 1 tile between counters in a kitchen and 1 tile wide stairs and hallways tend to cause congestion with more than 2 sims in the house.

Since the boy bedroom is all about trucks and cars are you wanting the car bed in there?

Do you know what kind of tree those really tall ones are? More than likely the game doesn't have them but if they do..... :)

@romagi1 This is the house I grew up in so I have many pics of the inside, but no, I haven't found one of my bedroom yet. My room was turned into my mom's office. The bed in there was not a car bed, but Cast Iron frame with a remove piece or Plywood underneath the mattress all painted red. The foot had two chest height posts that had lost their tops and had Tennis Balls on the ends. I'm working on getting answers about the trees and other stuff from my parents

Also, what would you like me to download from the Free stuff from the store?
  • Options
    Hi @jonluke32! Thanks for checking in!

I have the Free Store items link there all the time. Just in case someone doesn't realize there are free items. :)
  • Options
    Hi @jonluke32! Thanks for the tree pic!

I have some questions about the walls around the kitchen for real house vs playability, here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    The vampire and fairy are such a cute couple.

Torreon Medieval Manor looks stunning!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Your WIP's are looking amazing sweetie!

Thanks so much @illusie and @BreeMiles

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    I love your WIP pictures!
  • Options
    @romagi1 I should let you know that I don't expect the Kitchen to be as small as it is in real life. As my mom used to say about it "only one person can be here at a time while someone's cooking." I know that sims need more room to move so make it as close to possible but leave enough room for play too. That being said, I'd like to have C for the Kitchen and near the stairs. By the way, can you put that door on that wall just outside the Kitchen next to the stairs? And is there a way to put little stones on top of that wall as well as around the outside of that house as pictured? Also, I'd like the tree that looks closer to our Apple Tree than the game's which it looks like you did. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi @jonluke32!

Great, cause I like them to be playable! :) I've got the kitchen changed to C. On the door, the only thing I can use there is the gate for that fence so it isn't solid. Which would be OK but for some reason no matter what light or where I put the light, the gate turns dark. I've a WIP to show you what I mean. I can't think of any pebbles I can use to put on top of the shelf. May think of something close later. Right now all I can think of is to use a pattern.

The Red Oak seems to be the only game oak with a taller trunk. I think I found a white pine tree in game but it could be a white fur tree. So I'll just match the looks up as much as I can.

WIPS: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2018

I love your sim version of Grey House, the greenhouse and the back garden are so pretty. I always admired the building on the show, and you did such a great job recreating it. I have saved under favorites and hope to find a way to use it in a game later on.

Last night I had so much fun decorating the remaining bedrooms in Torrean Medieval Manor all evening. The little knitting basket is so cute, and I love the little tower area and the kitchen. It's just the perfect size, I can't believe you were able to fit so much on the lot and the horse areas don't feel cramped at all. It's more space than my sim currently needs but I think I will be using it on future Hidden Springs play-throughs. I've been wanting to play a family with horses there but I could never get the stables to look right in hidden springs but it fits right in on the fairy/wooded side. Thank you!
    For some reason my horse really liked the play area you made the most, every time I didn't have her doing something specific she went back there. She must like the spring riders.tumblr_p5uh08V6yq1x95scjo1_1280.jpg]
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @romagi1: Torreon Medieval Manor is gorgeous! I'm definitely going to be using this one myself! I love how you blended things like the hot tub in so it looks so natural!
  • Options
    @romagi1 You don't need to put a light in the little cubby by the kitchen as that is where the trash goes and who wants to see that clearly. As for the bookcase, the end near the Dining Room is a TV cabinet, while the other end held the Record Turntable and Hi-fi Stereo
  • Options
    @romagi Thanks for the new WIPs-is there a way to either get the bookcases to be deeper or find some other alternative to the wine shelf that will fit both a Stereo and a Turntable, which is on the topshelf. Could you also flip the wine self with the TV on it and the fireplace wall only has set of cross crossing swords and that goes above the Fireplace itself
  • Options
    Hi @jonluke32, Glad you found the new WIPS! :) I managed to get them posted and then I couldn't post here for some reason! :/

Since the sims aren't really going to use the door, is the fake door ok? The gate is dark with or without a light. I'll do some more playing with the bookcase wall. I tried to put the swords above the fireplace but the wall items attach to the wall not the fireplace so I'm having a problem getting something to show above the fireplace.

Also, from the pics it looks like your parents room had a rust colored comforter on the bed but when they put it on the market it has a mint colored comforter. Which color would you like their room?

Thanks so much @illusie!

Hey, @Jessabeans! Glad you like the Grey House! I hadn't ever seen the show but loved what pics I could find of it! Ended up watching everything I could find on the net to do it. I kept thinking it looked deeper than I could find any pics of so Thank Heavens @soocoolsim thought of google mapping it so I could see more of the house from the outside!

My requester had found a 3D model of the house and it made it so easy to fit everything they wanted on that lot size! I see you got your horse! Hope it works out for you! I'd love to see what you did with the bedrooms!

Thanks so much for stopping by and the lovely comment @MiaSkywalker! As HS and DV are 2 of my fav worlds I think this one will stay in my game also! Sometimes my mind can draw a blank so I love when my requesters have all kinds of pics of what they want!

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @romagi1, your WIPs for your current build are looking so close to the original house. Great job on it so far!
  • Options
    Hi Sandy! Thanks! :)

Hi @jonluke32, there are not many choices for turntables in game. They are either big or they have the top up so not sure where to set the radio or they are antiques with the big speaker horn on top.

Have a look see here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @romagi1 That was a neat way to go about it with google mapping. TV homes are difficult because they usually only use the exterior of homes and then have sets that can be whatever size they need it to be. I suppose that's what so impressive, that you were able to make the rooms actually fit and line up with the exterior architecture where they couldn't have with the sets.

I'll take some screenshots next time I load that save.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree with @Sandraelle that your WIPs of my house are really spot on and make choosing easy when giving multiple WIPs for a room. Thanks! :) The fake door for near the stairs is good and for the Turntable I like the two on the right side of the pic best, but the middle one might work better if only you can seperate the actual Turntable from the Bookshelf it's on. The top of the first shelves of bookcase go along that entire wall and than my dad created a door to open at the end near the Windows for the Turntable.I don't expect you to get something that detailed and obscure, but it would be great to see that Turntable on that top shelf. If not, Hold on, I think that I just describe the one of the left of that pic, please paint that white and put that in there.Will it fit? Is there a way you can just keep the middle part of that, because we had our speakers one behind the Couch and another by the opposite wall between the tall dark wooded Sideboard and the lower to medium oakwood chest with a blanket on it