March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims BR's tutorial how to place diving spots in other worlds translated to english ;)

Hi there, all I did was translate the tutorial all credit goes to the original people who posted this tutorial which can be found here http://www.osimbr.net/home.php?new=4383

Step 1

Before you even enter your chosen world you must enter these three cheats.
testingcheatsenabled on
enablelotlocking on
buydebug

1_zpsd928cd5b.jpg

Step 2

In Edit town place a 64 by 64 lot as deep as you can into the ocean

2_zps28d3952c.jpg

Step 3

Change the lot type to community lot

3_zps9d985e25.jpg

Step 4

Change the type of lot to diving area

4_zpsc46c5a27.jpg

Step 5

Click on build/buy mode

5_zpsee9ee61f.jpg

Step 6

In build mode use the flatten lot tool

6_zps0a942f22.jpg

Step 7

Go down to the ground level and place some seaweed, you will find it in buydebug mode it will be under underwater objects. Everything will appear to be a matt blue colour when placed, but don't worry it will soon all be normal again.

7_zps34d0b016.jpg

Step 8

Return to edit town and demolish the lot only once

8_zps8fe059d9.jpg

Step 9

Now reselect the lot as a diving area

9_zps0a355b9d.jpg

Step 10

return back into build/buy mode

10_zps95d09e3d.jpg

Step 11

Now you can decorate your lot with beautiful buydebug items from the underwater section.

11_zps4de02bc6.jpg

Step 12

Don't forget to place the buoy to select the capability of diving skill the sim must have to dive there. To set the danger level simply hold control and shift in and click on the buoy to select the levels.

12_zps823c8b73.jpg

Step 13

Go back into edit town and add a name to your lot, once done click on the lock to lock the lot again.

13_zpse07b2a93.jpg

Step 14

Now your lot is ready

14_zps26b7729f.jpg

That concludes their tutorial, they also linked to a video on youtube showing their lot in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hsZ8ogD5jwo

I hope this helps those of you who can't translate the page, remember I only did translating I take no credit for this tutorial

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so much.

I don't have the game yet, but have bookmarked this ready for when it arrives.

What I'd like to know is - didn't a simguru say this wasn't possible to do? Cos I'm baffled why they would tell us that since it clearly is possible.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so much.

I don't have the game yet, but have bookmarked this ready for when it arrives.

What I'd like to know is - didn't a simguru say this wasn't possible to do? Cos I'm baffled why they would tell us that since it clearly is possible.

Not sure about that either, but I am deffinetly going to try it in sunlit tides if it works for other simmers :wink:
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the translation and I will be testing this, soon as my download completes.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    edited June 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    Thank you for the translation and I will be testing this, soon as my download completes.

That would be good, would you mind giving me the correct lot name then, then I can edit my original post, the game is only releasing in New Zealand on Friday for me :wink:
    edited June 2013
    I can see in the pic at step 1 that they typed enablelotlocking on but I have just googled it and everything I come up with says enablelotlocking true and false not on and off, so I would suggest if you guys get an error there that you just use true instead of on :wink: and the same with testingcheatsenabled on, I would use true instead, mind you if they used it and it worked, just try it that way first :mrgreen:

edit: I am loading my game now to see whether both cheats work will brb
    edited June 2013
    It worked, well you learn something new everyday. So you can use either on or true, both will work :mrgreen:
  • piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    edited June 2013
    This very good to know! Thanks. Will try this when my game comes tomorrow.
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2013
    :shock:

That's awesome! I've thought we couldn't for a while now but this is great! After Isla Paradiso has been fully explored I'll go back to Dragon Valley and make some dive lots there and keep playing forever... :mrgreen: Unless an even better world comes along.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the translation...but why did they say that dive lots are exclusive to the town that comes with IP ?
    It's not because of the cheats since festival lots are made using cheats and they even made a tutorial :-/ Maybe it causes problems?(besides the usuual risk of using cheats)I hope a guru gives us an answer cause I would really like diving lots in other towns
  • lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited June 2013
    wow thanks! i can't wait to try this!

*bookmarked*
  • lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited June 2013
    has anybody been able to place regular items (items that aren't designated "underwater items") in the diving lots?
  • caiobueno2304caiobueno2304 Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    I found it, thank you for credit (O Sim BR) and translation for you! If you have any questions, can ask for me.

See diving area in Bridgeport that i did

4OGsJSk.jpg
  • AntonouzaAntonouza Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2013
    Congrats and Thank you, caiobueno2304 !

:D:D:D:D:D
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    THANK YOU! This will be GREAT! :D
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Woohooo now I can place Dive Lots in Sunlit Tides!!!
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited June 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    Hi there, all I did was translate the tutorial all credit goes to the original people who posted this tutorial which can be found here http://www.osimbr.net/home.php?new=4383

That concludes their tutorial, they also linked to a video on youtube showing their lot in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hsZ8ogD5jwo

I hope this helps those of you who can't translate the page, remember I only did translating I take no credit for this tutorial

Thank you for being so helpful!

I gifted you the "Morning in the Garden dress"
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2013
    Which lot do we select I don't see dive lot on my option
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• poshiepie89poshiepie89 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2013
    the problem that I am having is that I can not zoom in all the way once I have done all of these steps....is anyone else having this problem?
    edited June 2013
    I am having that problem too poshiepie. I am using a custom world, but I might need a camera mod too.

Just to let you know Mcrudd, the label of the lot is Diving Area.
  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the tip! I can't wait to add dive lots to Lucky Palms :D ! I can't believe Graham and the SimGurus lied to us!

@caiobueno2304 do you have an underwater pic :) ?
    edited June 2013
    Duh...found out how to get into the dive lot. You have to go down a level. I am such a dope. :lol:
  • Hedy1975Hedy1975 Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for posting this! As soon as it finishes installing I'm trying this.

And thank you to KLAlexis for posting this link.
  • AntonouzaAntonouza Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2013
    I sent a gift from your wishlist, caiobueno2304

I'm diving in Sunlit Tides!!!! :D:D:D

Thanks!
    :thumbup:
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for posting! Bookmarked!
  • caiobueno2304caiobueno2304 Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Richi3f wrote:
    Thanks for the tip! I can't wait to add dive lots to Lucky Palms :D ! I can't believe Graham and the SimGurus lied to us!

@caiobueno2304 do you have an underwater pic :) ?

Yes, video and pic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hsZ8ogD5jwo

i6LXOlThhtGIQ.jpg