Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    ButteredBiscuitButteredBiscuit Posts: 11 New Member
    I know this is not a werewolf discussion, BUT... I want some darn werewolfs! but I don't want them to look like the ugly deformed face that they have in TS3, I want a beast like appearance, sorta like skyrim had, but you know more simmish EA style.
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Good witches and bad witches should be able to have duels! (Like the “Vampiric Spar”)

Also, a grimoire or something like it should be able to be purchased in the bookshelf or on the computer.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    having evil/good witches would be a good idea. and make it so that the skill tree thing that they have going on for the vampires can be for the witches, also add an alinement meter so that if you choose a curse spell it will shift to EVIL, while a cure spell will shift to GOOD or if that's to complicated then just change spells on the skill tree according to evil/good trait. and please EA if you do make witches and we happen to have cats & dogs, make it so that witches can talk to cats....just a thought.

While I get that a lot of people want the alignment thing, it should enhance the gameplay or not be there at all. I have yet to see a post that explains how an alignment system would enhance witches. I never played with Sims 2 witches, so I don't know how well that worked, or if that is all nostalgia goggles. I know from a youtube video that Sims 2 witches had some awesome spells I would love to return, but if those spells are only available on one end of the alignment spectrum, I imagine that as very restrictive.
    Imagine you play as a mostly good witch, but then there is that very annoying Sim that keeps showing up and gets in the way and overall a pest on his own. And then you are UNABLE to curse him.
    If you get a different moodlet depending on your alignment, or a bigger chance of failing, or something like that, okay, but simply not being able to... that would suck, if you ask me.
    But that is just my humble opinion. maybe you can explain to me why that would be a good idea in a way that I actually understand?
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    having evil/good witches would be a good idea. and make it so that the skill tree thing that they have going on for the vampires can be for the witches, also add an alinement meter so that if you choose a curse spell it will shift to EVIL, while a cure spell will shift to GOOD or if that's to complicated then just change spells on the skill tree according to evil/good trait. and please EA if you do make witches and we happen to have cats & dogs, make it so that witches can talk to cats....just a thought.

While I get that a lot of people want the alignment thing, it should enhance the gameplay or not be there at all. I have yet to see a post that explains how an alignment system would enhance witches. I never played with Sims 2 witches, so I don't know how well that worked, or if that is all nostalgia goggles. I know from a youtube video that Sims 2 witches had some awesome spells I would love to return, but if those spells are only available on one end of the alignment spectrum, I imagine that as very restrictive.
    Imagine you play as a mostly good witch, but then there is that very annoying Sim that keeps showing up and gets in the way and overall a pest on his own. And then you are UNABLE to curse him.
    If you get a different moodlet depending on your alignment, or a bigger chance of failing, or something like that, okay, but simply not being able to... that would suck, if you ask me.
    But that is just my humble opinion. maybe you can explain to me why that would be a good idea in a way that I actually understand?
    Yeah I think Alighnments would be awful and would make witches really bad. Like what’s the point of having them. Can we just have Witches with plenty of spells and you as the player can choose which you want to use.

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    jimjam1009 wrote: »

Yeah I think Alighnments would be awful and would make witches really bad. Like what’s the point of having them. Can we just have Witches with plenty of spells and you as the player can choose which you want to use.

Exactly! And Witches that don't like each other can do the dueling. Making them good or evil is as easy as giving them the "good" or "evil" trait, no matter the alignment. Also, how messed up would a randomly generated Witch be if her alignment was good but her traits include evil?
  • Options
    ButteredBiscuitButteredBiscuit Posts: 11 New Member
    @Armilus616 @jimjam1009 it just seemed like an interesting idea, one that would make it so that you would want to make different sims just so that you have a variety.... but just like you say it wont actually benefit the game its self, and might even frustrate the players
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »
    Herbalism should tie into potion making!

And Witches should have their OWN game pack, just like vampires did.

Yes, but not be required.
    If you have Witches but not Outdoor Retreat, you should not be excluded from brewing potions. But if you have both you gain a little bit of one skill when practiceing the other, the harvestables and insects from there are valid ingredients for experimentation and if a Witch creates herbalism potions, they count as magic potions.

Actually there is only one legit potion of Magic, the Elixir of Fertility. Since that it includes a Magical Ingredient and that is a Wisp.
    all the others I'd call Drugs, simple common natural medicine.

True Dragonfly, rainbow Fireflies, Sage, and Dust Spirit all have Supernatural Qualities,
    So Rage Relieving Salve, Energizer Infusion, and fungal Infusion Fertilizer could be Filed under Magical Potions, but the rest I wouldn't.

Scientist Experiments shouldn't count.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Jaysims wrote: »
    Good witches and bad witches should be able to have duels! (Like the “Vampiric Spar”)

Also, a grimoire or something like it should be able to be purchased in the bookshelf or on the computer.

They Should allow Sparing between all supernaturals.
    I'd love to see my Sorcerer and Werewolf Best friends help each other exercise their powers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options

The way I saw the Alignment system it shifted towards Evil when ever you used "Dark Magic" and Good when you used "Light magic."

What I want is No Alignment System because in my belief a Powerful Sorcerer can use Dark Magic for Good and Light Magic for Evil.
    Although I do Have good and evil Sims I can just direct them to be who they are I don't need the game to define that.

So My simself is a Sorcerer, I'm well versed in Fire, Light, Dark and Blood Magic, Enchantments, Potion and Curse Crafting, and Some Forbidden Magic, Examples of Forbidden Magic is Time-Travel, Necromancy, Obstructing Free Will.
    My Sim is/will be Guilty of taking away the free will of others. Making Curses and such.
    I don't want to get a notification every time I rip out a Heart, or cast a curse, that my sim is now "Evil."

Plus Good and Evil, it's not black and white, you can have Good Intentions and Morals, and your the Most vile Evil creature to walk the earth.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

The way I saw the Alignment system it shifted towards Evil when ever you used "Dark Magic" and Good when you used "Light magic."

What I want is No Alignment System because in my belief a Powerful Sorcerer can use Dark Magic for Good and Light Magic for Evil.
    Although I do Have good and evil Sims I can just direct them to be who they are I don't need the game to define that.

So My simself is a Sorcerer, I'm well versed in Fire, Light, Dark and Blood Magic, Enchantments, Potion and Curse Crafting, and Some Forbidden Magic, Examples of Forbidden Magic is Time-Travel, Necromancy, Obstructing Free Will.
    My Sim is/will be Guilty of taking away the free will of others. Making Curses and such.
    I don't want to get a notification every time I rip out a Heart, or cast a curse, that my sim is now "Evil."

Plus Good and Evil, it's not black and white, you can have Good Intentions and Morals, and your the Most vile Evil creature to walk the earth.

I couldn’t agree more. The world isn’t back and white. There’s no such thing as purely good or purely evil, those are only in fairy tales.

• Options
    killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2018

#sign

Witches should be passionated gardeners, too. They should be naturally gifted in the gardening and (if Outdoor Retreat is installed) herbalism and able to level-up these skills faster than non-witches. Perhaps the same for the Wellness skill.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

#sign

Witches should be passionated gardeners, too. They should be naturally gifted in the gardening and (if Outdoor Retreat is installed) herbalism and able to level-up these skills faster than non-witches. Perhaps the same for the Wellness skill.

Herbs should definitely be a branch of witch magic that relies on herbs to create potions. I'd like a small caldron that sits on a stove or grill and the witch adds herbs and a puff of smoke in different colors for different herbs appears.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm not well versed in how magic was in TS3 (don't have Supernatural) but is there like a list of all the magical things we could do in TS3? I remember there was at least fire and ice, but why stop at Fire and Ice? There's Earth, Wind, Water, Lightning, Light, and Dark, and that's just to start.

Also, we could only use wands in TS3 correct? Though there was something you could buy with satisfaction pts that allowed you to use magic with just your hands? I like that, though they could also add in that we can utilise staves as well as wands.

Also, I was thinking for a "Witch" lifestate they could have something similar to Vampires where they can recharge their energy, like a Mana Recharge they can perform on themselves; you know, like Dark Meditation in its function. Also, how do you feel about implementing the same kind of system used in Vampires applied to Witches? Both new perks and weaknesses? If done creatively well, the possibilities are endless.

Another thing: I'm a big proponent for a separate "Magic" skill similar in its function to Vampire Lore, though it'd probably take some time to skill up and only go up to 10. In that way, anyone can learn magic but the particular lifestate in question will be far more superior with it than any random mortal studying magic. The process is similar to Vampires, where they get far more benefit to skilling up Vampire lore than the mortals who read the tomes to evade them.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    I'm not well versed in how magic was in TS3 (don't have Supernatural) but is there like a list of all the magical things we could do in TS3? I remember there was at least fire and ice, but why stop at Fire and Ice? There's Earth, Wind, Water, Lightning, Light, and Dark, and that's just to start.

Also, we could only use wands in TS3 correct? Though there was something you could buy with satisfaction pts that allowed you to use magic with just your hands? I like that, though they could also add in that we can utilise staves as well as wands.

Also, I was thinking for a "Witch" lifestate they could have something similar to Vampires where they can recharge their energy, like a Mana Recharge they can perform on themselves; you know, like Dark Meditation in its function. Also, how do you feel about implementing the same kind of system used in Vampires applied to Witches? Both new perks and weaknesses? If done creatively well, the possibilities are endless.

Another thing: I'm a big proponent for a separate "Magic" skill similar in its function to Vampire Lore, though it'd probably take some time to skill up and only go up to 10. In that way, anyone can learn magic but the particular lifestate in question will be far more superior with it than any random mortal studying magic. The process is similar to Vampires, where they get far more benefit to skilling up Vampire lore than the mortals who read the tomes to evade them.

Try Googling it. The Wiki's and Carl's and SimsVIP are pretty informative on the ins and outs of older packs.
  • Options
    cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I can't wait for them to come out with this pack. I am soooo excited to see whatever new magic world they bring along with it Tooo!
  • Options
    mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    I second that, @cjose . I really loved how they handled vampires - I've been playing since the OG Sims days and they feel like the best iteration yet. It would be great to see that kind of creativity brought to witches. I'd especially love if the world for witches (if there is one) kind of matches FH, like you can see the other districts as backdrops in SM or how MP kind of feels like the business district of WC.
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    The vampires in TS4 were a sure success. They should make something similar with witches, but I'm not sure how well this will work with hybrids - vampire-witch, for example...
  • Options
    JoeyslangJoeyslang Posts: 8 New Member
    > @AmaraRena said:
    > Apologies to those who really don't care about the supernatural lifestates in The Sims. This thread is for those of us who just don't want to play without them!
    >
    > So... Witches in Sims 4... what are your hopes? How would you like their magic to work? What did you like and/or dislike about the Witches in Sims 3? What do you hope they will keep and what do you hope they will change?
    >
    > My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!
    >
    > Anyway, please share your hopes and ideas for Witches in Sims 4! :mrgreen:

I love this idea. I assume there would also be wizards or warlocks. Not much into the idea of being a witch, considering I'm a guy. Not that there is anything wrong with a guy being a witch. Anyway it would be cool to have a new neighborhood, only a big one, like with Making Magic from the Sims 1.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Joeyslang wrote: »
    > @AmaraRena said:
    > Apologies to those who really don't care about the supernatural lifestates in The Sims. This thread is for those of us who just don't want to play without them!
    >
    > So... Witches in Sims 4... what are your hopes? How would you like their magic to work? What did you like and/or dislike about the Witches in Sims 3? What do you hope they will keep and what do you hope they will change?
    >
    > My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!
    >

I love this idea. I assume there would also be wizards or warlocks. Not much into the idea of being a witch, considering I'm a guy. Not that there is anything wrong with a guy being a witch. Anyway it would be cool to have a new neighborhood, only a big one, like with Making Magic from the Sims 1.

It just sounds like a club for witches to me. Which in fact has all the coding prepped.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Joeyslang wrote: »
    > @AmaraRena said:
    >
    >
    >

It just sounds like a club for witches to me. Which in fact has all the coding prepped.

It's not a club, it's a coven. >:)
  • Options
    nrichard680nrichard680 Posts: 17 Member
    Does anyone know if EA has any plans to release a supernatural expansion for TS4? That was by far my favorite expansion when playing the previous version of the game. Not surprising in the least though since I'm a huge nerd for that kind of stuff. :tongue:
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Witches are my absolute favourite lifestate. I recently made a dress like Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia. That dress plus witches would mean I'm on my way to creating my favourite character from anything ever. Lol
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    I think all ages should cast spells not just adults but toddlers, children and up. Brooms need to be actually brooms that u can fly all around with and they can be enchanted to clean and stuff, and we need so many spells and a magic wardrobe that brings u to a world only witches can go to excess a normal sim is enchanted they can go through. There should be owls that help witches and witches should have covens, in that witch world could be a village and magic market with all cool magic going on and some little witchy cottages at the edges of the map and oh it could be sooo great, maybe for a joke they could have a tower somewhere with a girl with Long hair and a witch as a mother and her real parents seen from the family tree with live in the village
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Earlier today I wrote something on my WordPress site about this. I kind of thought that maybe I should share it on the forums. Sorry it's a tad a long, but I think it gets all of my thoughts out. Hope copy-pasting what I said here is okay.:

I have a few thoughts and Ideas for the Sims 4. For now I would like to start off by saying how I would like it if The Witches Game-Pack had staves and books that could be used instead of just wands like in The Sims 3. In the kind of things I’m into magic users tend to not use wands, so it just seems like it would be a nice little touch to have different items they could use.
    For the over all theme of the items that would go with it I have two ideas. They could either go with the typical European fantasy medieval type vibe, or go with a more interesting fantasy aesthetic. By this I mean the items have a more Alice in Wonderland, Dr.Seuss, Tim Burton-ish, Coraline, Wizard of Oz type feel to them. An overall odd look to it. That would be pretty neat, or there could be a little bit of both. I would actually like it if were to have both Medieval and creative fantasy type elements to it.
    I’ve actually read some people say that they would like it if dragons were added as a pet in the GP. I like the idea of them bringing back the baby dragons from Dragon Valley for the Sims 3, but I would also like to see some ravens, owls, snakes, and rats added as well. Basically things that commonly associated with witches. If the Spectral cats were to make a return that would also be a neat little touch.
    I would also like to see the pack bring back little things such as Alchemy from Supernatural, Bonehilda from Supernatural and Makin’ Magic, and of course broom riding. Something that they could add that might be pretty neat would be a witches academy. It would be pretty neat to have a nice location that helped witches learn their skills faster. I would also really love it if it had the perks and skills system from vampires in it, but made to suit witches instead. If they choose to add weaknesses, one of the options should definitely just make your sims skin turn green. But that would just be an option one could pick if the were to add weaknesses. Regardless, I just hope they make witches.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I really would love witches in a game pack or something. I've been really missing the magical aspect of the sims. Since the way they handled vampires in their own game pack was done very well, I think witches would be a great occult. :)