Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~ The Amallais Palace project ~ *WIP* ~ Update

noracelwynenoracelwyne Posts: 244 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi everyone and welcome to my thread :D

I've been working on creating a Baroque/Rococo palace after stumbling across some amazing custom content I've been dying to use.

You can find the following pictures on these pages:

Exterior View: this post!!
The Grand Entrance Hall: Page 1
Formal Dining Room: Page 1
Minor Library and Study: Page 1
Portrait Gallery: Page 2
The Gilded Library: Page 24
The Music Room: Page 6
The Green Room: Page 9
The Breakfast Room: Page 11
The Billiards Room: Page 12
Household: Page 20
The King's Chamber: Page 22
Exterior night time pictures: Page 17
Arc de Triomphe du Palais: Page 22
The Hall of Pillars (Ballroom): Page 24
The Atrium: Page 20
The Mural Hall: Page 20
The Queen's Chamber: Page 21
The Sculpture Hall: Page 24

So without any more waffle I'd like to present The Amallais Palace; a regal city residence for your blue blooded sims:

1_zps93b6102e.jpg

2_zps160f1438.jpg

3_zps9d8ce6d8.jpg

4_zps9aff1127.jpg

5_zpsf1d50692.jpg

7_zps4600d44a.jpg

8_zps423612e1.jpg

10_zps41bad0ac.jpg

I've landscaped this lot into the surrounding city by placing a number of lots around it. The overhead shot shows what the lot its self comprises of. In all the lot size is 64x64 with optional gardens (also 64x64) and plaza fountains (40x40 and 50x26) which can be placed around it at your discretion depending on the world you're playing. :D

11_zps717e0f01.jpg

12_zpsc7cf6d16.jpg

The gardens located along the southern face are made by junceda though I have edited them a bit to fit with this build. The original versions can be found as part of her worlds Metropoli, and the lite version Pretoria which are located here:

Metropoli: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7394950

Pretoria: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7495489

The palace and the gardens that surround it are still a work in progress. I will upload them in their entirety once the project is finished.

Nora xx
Post edited by noracelwyne on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Onwards to first impressions....the Entrance Hall. A chance for blue-blooded Sims to truly impress.

1_zpscdd3ce59.jpg

2_zpsc21a3e8e.jpg

3_zpsc04fd17b.jpg

4_zps0b7d4648.jpg

5_zpsd1105388.jpg

6_zpscd9946da.jpg

7_zps41129a2a.jpg

8_zps3851d6f3.jpg

9_zps5f696605.jpg

10_zps4dc6d571.jpg

11_zpse0976dcd.jpg

Hope you like it xx
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    For first time viewers here's my Formal Dining Room; hope you like it!

For those returning this is my remodelled dining room. The previous version just wasn't quite right somehow. For anyone interested in history the ceiling is a not so subtle claim to royal lineage from the House of York. The two large portraits display support for the French Crown showing Louis XV and Louis XIV of France. The landscape painting suggests support for the House of Hanover and is titled 'An Afternoon in St James's Park' depicting Frederick, Prince of Wales out walking with his entourage amongst the people.

As for the other dignitaries Google hasn't helped me identify them yet :lol: If anyone recognises any of them please let me know!

Screenshot-2_zpsdf3c32a2.jpg

Screenshot_zps8c3bcaee.jpg

Screenshot-3_zps7dd1d600.jpg
  • Options
    DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited March 2013
    *Excuse me while I reattach my jaw*

WOW! This is an amazing build!!! :thumbup: I honestly don't know what else I can really say so...

GREAT JOB! I will look forward to future updates!
    -DH
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks DH!!

Was properly nervous about sharing as this is my first major build.

If anyone knows where I can find a clock tower for the roof of the main portion of the house that would be great!!
  • Options
    KylieS21KylieS21 Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2013
    WOW!!! Very impressive. I'm in aww. There is some very beautiful CC you have used there, I'd love to know where you got it. The architecture is VERY impressive and your certainly in it for the long haul, and I really looking forward to seeing the results.

The only clock tower I have seen that is springing to mind I saw the on TSR. I think it may have been one of cyclonesue's.
  • Options
    AlabamaRebeccaAlabamaRebecca Posts: 155 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Beautiful
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks KylieS21 and AlabamaRebecca!

Kylie the links for the CC are below:

TheJim07, creator of the Versailles Arches, Mirrors and Doors - http://modthesims.info/m/654378

AstraSims3, creator of the floor lamps, wallpaper used in entrance hall, coffee table, decor and chairs - (best viewed using Chrome) http://astrasims3.blogspot.co.uk/

HelleN sims3, creator of wallpaper used in dining room (best viewed using chrome) - http://hellensims3house.blogspot.ru/

The Regal Sim, creator of the paintings and chandelier - http://regalsims.blogspot.co.uk/

Viennalex, creator of the stairs and railings - http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/viennalex/

Missyzim, creator of the windows - http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/missyzim

cm_11778, creator of the exterior wallpaper - http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/cm_11778/downloads/details/category/sims3/id/1020638/

LunaSimsLulamai - creator of wallpaper used for foundation (page best viewed with Chrome) - http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/

AweSims, creator of the cornice used on the roof - http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/12/10/miscellaneous-bits-for-the-sims-3/

A lot of the roof decor comes from items found in 'buydebug' with the exception of one item which can be found here:

Podchacha (page best viewed with Chrome) - http://www.mixei.ru/showthread.php/84322-Мои-поделки-в-воркшопе

Phew...that was a long list!

Thanks for the clock tower link. I had seen that before. Will download and see how it looks :-)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Had a look at the clock tower but it's not quite what I'm after.

I'm looking for something more like this:

Castle_Howard2C_Yorkshire_zpsf64e4e6c.jpg

Though perhaps that might be wishful thinking :lol:
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2013
    Excuse me while I make a emergency dental Appointment to have my jaw re aligned...

IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! I love it!!

I am fond of the builds from the Baroque era... it happens to be my favorite Vera Bradley print too (Baroque)
  • Options
    EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited March 2013
    :shock: :shock: omg I think I'm in love with this build :shock: :shock: stunning and amazing interior and the exterior is just as glorious. can't wait to see more.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh, this is so totally incredible. My inner history geek is gasping for air. I have to have this lot NOW. I am still playing my meso/neolithic sims at the dawning of my personal Sims Through History challenge, but I feel like speeding through the eons of time to the gaudy, fabby Baroque. Where the heck did I put that powdered wig? Bookmarking for compulsive update-checking now!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You'll have to let us know when you find it. I've been looking for something similar, like an ornate clock with a dome on top that is more decor object than build. That way I can put it on top a building that already has all its stories.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2013
    OMG!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: That is simply an incredible build! You are very talented! I just ADORE that architecture! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I am also blown away by your interiors. What a great project! This would be going in my favourite folder! Can't wait to see the finished build. More pics please? :D
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2013
    Very, very beautiful!

I love all the details you are diligently adding!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for all your encouraging comments!

Since my last post I've been locked away from the world finishing of the latest addition for you all. And after much agonising over just which shade of gold to use it's finally done.

So I present to you the Minor Library and Study; a quiet space for your Lord or Lady sim to retire and work without interruption :D

Screenshot-5_zps27497170.jpg

Screenshot-2_zps9c0d06f7.jpg

Screenshot-4_zps4d6ae35d.jpg

Screenshot_zps5faad86b.jpg

Again any comments or criticisms are most welcome.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2013
    It looks really great! Sims would very much enjoy doing their reading and studying in such grand surroundings as a room like this!
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2013
    :shock: It's beautiful! I seriously thought the first picture you posted was a photograph of an actual building! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for sure :D
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2013
    Can I live there? Please?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks MandysAMess, I'm trying to go for as much realism as possible.

I wish I could live there too artlove1!! I am so jealous of my sims who just get to wander round as they please!!

I'm nearly done with a picture gallery; it's the major library which is going to prove the next BIG challenge. I'm thinking it's going to have to be a double height room, I've found some brilliant CC stuff on The Regal Sims blog which means I could actually have a domed ceiling!!!! :shock: Now my inner history geek is hyperventilating :shock:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2013
    :shock: Wow....Just Wow! I love it, unfortunately too detailed for my laptop to handle.:(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hey Springfairy556,

What settings does your game run on? I've mostly tried to use content with a low poly count as my game has to run on fairly low settings. I've listed them below:

Reflection quality: Mirrors only
    Edge smoothing: Low
    Visual Effects: Medium
    Lighting and shadows: Medium
    Texture detail: Medium

You can run it on lower settings with everything rendering fine with the exception of the floor lamps. They revert to the original mesh they were made from when you zoom out :?
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey Springfairy556,

What settings does your game run on? I've mostly tried to use content with a low poly count as my game has to run on fairly low settings. I've listed them below:

Reflection quality: Mirrors only
    Edge smoothing: Low
    Visual Effects: Medium
    Lighting and shadows: Medium
    Texture detail: Medium

You can run it on lower settings with everything rendering fine with the exception of the floor lamps. They revert to the original mesh they were made from when you zoom out :?

I have it set to default, which is all high except for sims details, which is medium.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Then it really should display with no problems at all :-)

I'm trying to keep it at simple as possible (for baroque anyway) as I really hate my game being all laggy!!