Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House building contest! ****Please check in if you entered!****

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2013
    Very nice house @ stevesuzz :) Great designing of it! The pool area looks good, and Sims will have such lovely views from looking through those windows! Great locating/positioning of areas in the house. Great home!
  • Options
    stevesuzzstevesuzz Posts: 596 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for your comment,it is really nice of you :D
  • Options
    rosemeganrosemegan Posts: 187 Member
    edited February 2013
    Such an amazing house stevesuzz. I love it!
  • Options
    rosemeganrosemegan Posts: 187 Member
    edited February 2013
    NAME:Rosemegan
    LOT NAME:130 Redwood Pkwy ( HouseBuildingContest! )
    CC/CC FREE: CC Free
    STORE ITEM(S) USED:Iams Smart Pet Chew Toy, Wave Ender Glass End Table, Multitab 6000, Jml Technology 4:3 TV, Natures Blades, Iams Pet Food, Iams Nutrition Bowl, Iams Pet House.
    PHOTOGRAPHS:
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=400"
    The master Bedroom :mrgreen:

The Kitchen :mrgreen:

Downstairs Bathroom and Laundry Room :mrgreen:

Library :mrgreen:

The Garage :mrgreen:

The Toddlers Girl Room :mrgreen:

Backyard Pool And SunRoom :mrgreen:

Master Bathroom :mrgreen:

Garage :mrgreen:

Boys Room, Play Room And Bathroom :mrgreen:

Downstairs Living Room, Gym and Dog Run :mrgreen:

The OutSide Of The House :mrgreen:

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6997682

Im not amazing at building houses but im pretty content with how this house turned out! I hope you guys like it :D
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited February 2013
    Sorry I didn't update for a while! The entires submitted are all amazing, it's going to be hard hiding them all!! XD
    I will update the entires list when I get on a PC :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Bump xD
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Entries have been updated! :)
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    edited February 2013
    NAME: Modern Family Home
    LOT NAME: 254 Foothill Drive
    CC/CC FREE: no CC
    STORE ITEM(S) USED: Cherub Kalliopi
    PHOTOGRAPHS:
    Front Yard:
    screenshot6jb.jpg"width=400"
    Garage:
    screenshot25zv.jpg"width=400"
    Back Yard:
    screenshot7eud.jpg"width=400"
    Sun Room:
    screenshot11dh.jpg"width=400"
    Kitchen:
    screenshot23eu.jpg"width=400"
    Family Room:
    screenshot24zh.jpg"width=400"
    Bathroom:
    screenshot8lgg.jpg"width=400"
    Study/Library:
    screenshot9jkm.jpg"width=400"screenshot10pq.jpg"width=400"
    Lounge:
    screenshot14ym.jpg"width=400"
    Guest Room:
    screenshot15wq.jpg"width=400"
    Bathroom:
    screenshot13q.jpg"width=400"
    Gym:
    screenshot12sl.jpg"width=400"
    Hallway:
    screenshot28ok.jpg"width=400"screenshot19uha.jpg"width=400"
    Master Bedroom:
    screenshot26wt.jpg"width=400"screenshot16pg.jpg"width=400"
    Bathroom:
    screenshot27a.jpg"width=400"
    Laundry Room:
    screenshot18rx.jpg"width=400"
    Girl's Room:
    screenshot22ie.jpg"width=400"
    Boy's Room:
    screenshot21vg.jpg"width=400"
    Playroom:
    screenshot20hg.jpg"width=400"
    DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7003429
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Your house looks good @ Misscow1P :) I like the flower pathway leading up to the front entrance, and the way you have done the sunroom looks very nice. Nice colours and patterns that you have used for the bedrooms. Great home !
  • Options
    VBennetVBennet Posts: 263 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to enter. I don't have pets but could probably figure something out for the run.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @Great entry! I will update the entry list with yours! :D

@VBennt - That is fine :) there is also another simmer who does not have pets who is thinking of entering! Good luck with your entry! :D
  • Options
    frommanfromman Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yep I'll be entering this contest soon. Just have to come up with a modern house plan. This will be hard. Also have you checked out some of Curtis Paradis' houses? He tends to make really good modern styled houses.
    MNRSm.jpg
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi emiie10 :D

I have had a look at your thread, and would love to enter!

I just want to make sure though before I start as I have a game that has 9 sims including pets, they are two families living together. I can make multistory? I have been building a home for them and been going underground with secret passages and stuff, but just want to make sure I can. And Im glad there is a bit of time because I have torn it down twice so far. It's hard to get it right when there is two families involved. So im working around those sims lives and a house that works for all of them. It's been hard, the house they are in now is massive, and I want a more condensed house for the kids too. Hope it turns out okay, havent had much luck so far! lol :)

But I really want to enter, so if i complete this house on time, because I have two others Im playing with and building too, I will enter for sure. :D

Thanks for holding such a generous competition! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just passing by to see the awesome entries. Rec's are all up to date! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well I've completed my house's base, now I just have to add in all of the amenities and do all of the landscaping. Right now I'd say that the house is at about 45%. Hopefully there aren't any routing problems when I'm done. :P
    MNRSm.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well my house is now fully built now I'm just running through the lot making sure everything is playable and will work for the specified family type. Entry and Pics should come later today, if everything works out. :thumbup:
    MNRSm.jpg
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    edited February 2013
    I build something for this for fun, but don't expect much haha. You are going to get some amazing builds with prizes like that!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    fromman wrote:
    Well my house is now fully built now I'm just running through the lot making sure everything is playable and will work for the specified family type. Entry and Pics should come later today, if everything works out. :thumbup:

Fantastic! Can't wait to see yor entry :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would like to attempt a house for this contest but I there is one part of the requirements I'm unsure about. When you say a modern stone house, do you mean modern like this:
    stone-home-designs-netherlands-nature-house-1.jpg
    or like this?
    73.ED.61.75.4-Stone-Tower-Dr_Alpine_NJ_07620-1282611.jpg

or something else entirely?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    The first image is closer :)- But the second image has elements that I like also!
    You can also use your own interpretation of modern build :)
  • Options
    Tanner91Tanner91 Posts: 1,876 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I've been working all out on this build, as I want i to be as good as possible (& I don't normally do builds) :oops:

I do have CC installed, but I have tried to be careful and not place anything CC, but I will have it checked by custard, once finished. :)

Also, I have done everything from your list (rooms/skill items etc), upstairs is a family bathroom, a Master Bed w/ en suite & walk-in wardrobe, guest bedroom w/ en suite, toddler girl & child boy bedrooms, but also I have added another bedroom w/ en suite, it is currently set out in a Loud, Fast Clash style for a teenage boy - mostly cause I really wanted to use this build to showcase the sets I was gifted so kindly! :mrgreen: But also as I thought it would be perfect for your boy sim for when he's older.

I understand you didn't ask for this though, and as this build is for you I just wanted to check if this room will be ok, or if you'd like it changed to a more neutral guest bedroom?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Tanner91 wrote:
    I've been working all out on this build, as I want i to be as good as possible (& I don't normally do builds) :oops:

I do have CC installed, but I have tried to be careful and not place anything CC, but I will have it checked by custard, once finished. :)

Also, I have done everything from your list (rooms/skill items etc), upstairs is a family bathroom, a Master Bed w/ en suite & walk-in wardrobe, guest bedroom w/ en suite, toddler girl & child boy bedrooms, but also I have added another bedroom w/ en suite, it is currently set out in a Loud, Fast Clash style for a teenage boy - mostly cause I really wanted to use this build to showcase the sets I was gifted so kindly! :mrgreen: But also as I thought it would be perfect for your boy sim for when he's older.

I understand you didn't ask for this though, and as this build is for you I just wanted to check if this room will be ok, or if you'd like it changed to a more neutral guest bedroom?

CC entries are fine! There aren't any CC entries right now ;) - That room is fine :D I really like the idea!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    All designs have been rec'd :D